Nintendo Direct E3 2021 Thread (June 15th at 9 AM PT / 12 PM EST)

King Marth 64

11 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The only strangeness is that we never once see Samus in her morph ball? And the spider Ball ability is now just tied to her suit so she can monkey climb walls and ceilings. Very suspicious indeed. There's got to be something to that. 

You can see her in morph ball at 1:29 in this:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That spider-wall-crawling ability reminds me of an ability from the original preview of Metroid Fusion way back in the day.

I'm so excited for Metroid Dread. Fusion was my first game as well, a gift from my grandmother, in fact. I find it hilarious too that I just did a 100% playthrough again recently, with a second-best time as well. And this gets announced shortly after. I'm so excited for this game.

Mad as hell that the special edition is ALREADY sold out. Amiibo pack, too. Ugh.

Yay! Advance Wars!! Hopefully this remake is them dipping their toes to gauge interest to determine if they want to make a follow-up for the series.

Also, woot woot Metroid!! I hope MercurySteam learned & improved a lot from making Samus Returns. It looks way more fluid and gameplay seems more balance between gunning and its melee attack. 

Well, the Danganronpa news was the most exciting thing for me. Not because of the ports, but because of the new game that's an expansion of the bonus mode of the last game. I LOVED that extra mode, and seeing there's a whole game based on it now really excites me.

The Smash reveal has got to be the most meh Smash reveal by far for me. I've barely played Tekken, and I have no idea who Kazuya is. He looks super generic, and I really was hoping for a more unusual fighter (Arle, Crash, Rayman, Phoenix Wright) considering we're so close to the end.

Warioware and Metroid were big highlights, can't wait to play those.

Also mega hyped for Mario Party Superstars. N64 entries were my favorite so I'm glad we're getting remixes of those games, with added Online with randos. That's what Super Mario Party should have had.

Overall, Direct was good, not among the best, but certainly not a among the bad ones.

On 6/15/2021 at 2:06 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Not a damn thing of interest to me, and I'm sorely disappointed to see FE resources go to Warioware and Advance Wars. I guess Paper Mario wasn't enough of a diversion for IS, so more trash it is.

18 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

WayForward has been entrusted with Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp, with Nintendo's "support and advice". Your harpoon is unwarranted on that particular game.

Additionally it needs to be noted that Paper Mario and Warioware have always been developed by different teams than those of Fire Emblem (with Warioware being co-developed in-house by Nintendo) so it's never been a case of resources from one game being used from another, as IntSys has always been a multi-game developer. (Their Wii entries of Fire Emblem, Warioware and Paper Mario all came out within the span of a year, for example.)

You know looking back at the game lineup, it's remarkable how much of them aren't made in-house at Nintendo. Those partnerships are really paying off. This isn't like the 3DS/Wii U generation where major publishers port one last two year old game to the system in its first year and you never hear from them again. 

Edited by Glennstavos

On 6/15/2021 at 4:48 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

WayForward has been entrusted with Advance Wars Re-Boot Camp, with Nintendo's "support and advice".

Oh, that's where the new art style comes from! I noticed it seemed different, but I didn't realize before that the Shantae folks are handling the remake. Now I can't unsee the game having a Shantae touch added to it. Almost makes me want to see Ammo Baron make some kind of cameo.

Edited by Lord_Brand