What’s your favorite food and/or drink?

Just as the topic title says. What’s your favorite food? Or drink?

I like tortas.

And water. Except Dasani. Dasani sucks. 

Dr Pepper cherry is a close second.

885903AF-4B6C-420F-8843-F7DE3D2A1DF8.thumb.jpeg.f901d3fd71bdc9183d5af579f3ec5d2b.jpeg

mmh, i'd say my favorite food is pizza (carbonara is a close second); tomato, mozzarella and smoked salmon in particular

as for drinks, i don't like sparkling water nor any kind of fizzy drink, and i can't stand beer, wine, champagne and other low-alcohol drinks, so i must go with iced lemon tea

As for food, burgers with eggs on them are one of the best things humanity has created.

As for drinks, I’m less certain. I guess I like water.

Edit: Actually, I like bubble tea with tapioca quite a bit too. Probably more than water, though I don’t have it much anymore.

Edited by Teeheeooks

my favorite food is roast chicken with baby potatoes and mushrooms, though chicken soup is a close second.  For drinks I love Chai tea the most, followed by cream soda.

I like corn, preferably in a can, or at least off the cob, and I like it doused in butter. Creamed corn is also good. Corn on the cob is okay too, it is just messy. Corn is my most favorite of foods, hence at the top of this list.

I love tamales. It is made from corn, so I would obviously love it. My favorite fillings would have to be the sweet cream corn filling (the only place I know that has this is from a local restaurant) and the classic beef filling.

My favorite fruits are cherries and mangoes, preferably frozen, since the frozen cherries are already de-stemmed pitted and the mangoes cut into bite sized pieces. I am kind of lazy. Dried Philippine mangoes are my favorite dried fruits, it is soft and moist with just the right amount of sweetness, whereas other dried mangoes are often a little hard and dry, and can either be too sweet or kind of bland.

I like to snack on Korean nori. Japanese nori are not bad, but Korean nori are usually more flavorful and crispier.

I love aburaage. I like its unique "meaty" and chewy texture, but it is not actually meat, and the sweet and savory sauce it is immersed in also imparts a very good flavor. I always try to order Inarizushi when I go out for sushi, and I will be disappointed if they do not have any, which generally means no going back.

I love fake meat. Asian mock meats taste and feel like meat, but more flavorful, and the ones I remember eating try to imitate poultry and sometimes fish. For mock meat in our backyard, I like the direction Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods are going, as they try to imitate beef and burgers instead. I also like imitation crab meat; it tastes and feels kind of like crab, but without all the work.

My favorite cut of steak is filet mignon. I like mine rare, ideally with a thin outside surface layer that is seared and charred, and raw and bloody on the inside. My ultimate goal is to try a wagyu filet mignon.

My favorite pork products are bacon, bacon grease, coppa, and pancetta. Bacon needs no introduction. For cooking steaks, bacon grease combined with butter is like the best cooking oil; it is so rich and flavorful; and any leftovers should be used as a drizzle/gravy for the steak. Coppa is a bit hard to describe, but it has its own distinct flavor; I like it with good cheese and wine; it is very difficult to find in Sacramento, and it is one of the things that I really miss about New York City since it seems like you can find it in any grocery store. Pancetta is kind of like a raw fatty bacon that is a little bit more cooked, but I like to eat it as is.

My favorite fish is the frozen pollock from Walmart. Sear/saute it for a few minutes on each side, and the fish comes out perfect. The texture is nice and flaky and the flavor is great. No salt nor seasoning required, although you can add some if you want.

I also love crab and lobster. King crabs are nice because they are big, so you you get a big fat juicy piece of meat for the same amount of effort as cracking a smaller crab. Lobsters are good too and they take less effort to consume (unless you are the cook).

For dishes, I like country greens, I usually find it in a bag that is a mix of turnip greens, mustard greens, and collard greens. I cook some (sometimes a lot of) bacon to get that nice bacon grease, and once all the bacon are done, I take them out and pour the greens in. It is best to do this in a big pot since the greens take up a lot of volume when fresh, but they shrink down a lot once cooked.

I like chicken pot pies. The frozen ones by Marie Callender's taste the best in my opinion.

For soups, I like clam chowder, chicken noodle soup, and beef stew.

Cherry Vanilla Coke is probably my favorite Coke flavor. I just wish they made a diet version of it. I prefer diet soda since they are less sweet and they do not cause me to crash later.

I live Yakult, Calpis/Calpico, and similar milky beverages.

My favorite wine of all time is a dessert wine from Jeff Runquist Wines. I believe it is the Muscat Canelli.

My favorite whiskey so far is the Yellow Spot Irish whiskey. I like mine served in a chilled cup rather than on the rocks, as the ice can dilute the flavor.

My favorite beer would be Radeberger. It is very light and refreshing.

I will add more if more comes to mind and I feel like adding it.

• 7 months later...

Favorite food is pasta with mushrooms.
Favorite drink is doppio.
I also love Nutella from nestle, which often gives me an energy boost after a grueling workout. At https://blablawriting.net/essay-examples/nestle I read a lot of articles about Nestlé, its corporate culture, and how it sometimes has a negative impact on the world's climate.

Edited by Darius Murphy

• 1 year later...