Is there an Awakening mod with playable Apotheosis Anna?

♠Soul♠

I'm unaware of any hacks specifically for this (Gamebanana and GBATemp are the sites to browse for 3DS FE hacks, maybe there are other sites but I am unaware of them), and there was a discussion on this matter, like, five years ago here.  That was a while ago, but I doubt it's much easier now than it was back then to do something like that.  It'd involve acquiring the DLC data and transferring the data you need into Awakening proper (which is probably a lot more complicated than it sounds).  You can't just simply edit the Gamedata.bin file to add an Anna with DLC properties.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:48 PM, Ertrick36 said:

It'd involve acquiring the DLC data and transferring the data you need into Awakening proper (which is probably a lot more complicated than it sounds).  You can't just simply edit the Gamedata.bin file to add an Anna with DLC properties.

Hypothetically(speaking as someone with 0 modding XP) you should be able to do this by simply changing Anna's Skills and Class, right? I think all the Skills exist in the base game through Lunatic+(correct me if I'm wrong), and the Merchant Class is there as well on NPC Anna. Would that be feasible or is that just literally what you said you can't do?

21 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hypothetically(speaking as someone with 0 modding XP) you should be able to do this by simply changing Anna's Skills and Class, right? I think all the Skills exist in the base game through Lunatic+(correct me if I'm wrong), and the Merchant Class is there as well on NPC Anna. Would that be feasible or is that just literally what you said you can't do?

I believe it's a different Merchant class because the Merchant class in the base game has nowhere near the stat caps that Apotheosis Anna has.  The skills are in the game, but not the specific class with the stat caps, textures, or models.

With this said... I was fiddling around a lot today with the files and I figured out a way to kinda port Apotheosis Anna into the base game, both cosmetics and stats.  You can't simply just take the DLC Merchant class and put it into the base game, but you can just change the base game Merchant's stats to match the DLC's version's stats and then make it Anna's base class and her reclass option (also would recommend giving Anna the skills in Paragon).  In terms of the model and textures, it was kind of a convoluted process, but I basically extracted the DLC files and replaced some base-game files with the DLC files (not all the DLC files, of course, because that'd probably screw with the game).

Technically it's not the same class, but following the steps I went through (which I could explain more in-depth if people want me to) you basically recreated Apotheosis Anna.

EDIT: I should add that this site isn't all that great a place to discuss 3DS rom hacking.  From what I've seen there's not a whole lot of activity here in that regard, and the activity that does exist comes from people inexperienced with rom hacking.  There are a couple of hubs I can think of where more discussion happens.  You can go to Gamebanana (find the Fire Emblem Awakening or Fire Emblem Fates pages) to find active, skilled hackers, and go to GBATemp to have a general discussion about hacking the games.

And just to clarify on my point about the Merchant classes being different... I actually did test throwing in a Merchant Anna as a player unit (completely vanilla, btw) and loaded up Apotheosis.  My hypothesis was that because the classes had the same names for their meshes and textures that if I brought a Merchant from the base game into the DLC that her class would be temporarily modified to the Apotheosis Merchant's class.  Her class model did change, but the max stats remained the same, so I would conclude that while they're similar and depend on same-named files, they're distinctly different classes.

I spent basically a day figuring all this stuff out, lmao.  An actually experienced modder probably would've known immediately, but I will say that it would've taken me longer if not for Citra's awesome system for modding games.

Edited by Ertrick36