New Heroes (Book V Mid: Nott and More)

NSSKG151

Palla's introduction quote in Japanese is pretty funny:

この世界には、たくさんの私の姉妹たちがいるのね。驚いたわ。
Kono sekai ni wa, takusan no watashi no shimai-tachi ga iru no ne. Odoroita wa.
Wow, there are a lot of my sisters in this world. I'm surprised.

Indeed, there are quite a lot of them here. So~ many of them.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Since I did looked at the balance of Alm's Army vs. Celica's Army in terms of appearance in Heroes excluding the Cipher Units (who can be recruited for either Alm's  Army or Celica's Army) is Alm's Army is the highest to have appeared between the two and remaining missing unit that is the only one remaining for Heroes is Mycen.

Wow, they passed on the chance to finish Alm's Army.  Instead we get Valentian Palla and another unattractive muscle chick.  Even though he's the demote, glad to see Luthier finally made it in.

I’m happy SoV is getting some kind of attention (if it can be called like that). Luthier is here and is the demote, so that’s pretty nice (hope he doesn’t get screwed).

It’s weird Tatiana got the Emmeryn treatment tho. I really hope we can get another SoV banner and that this one is not the last one lol.

53 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Are the remaining dudes cursed to never get in now?

If not Overclass, they can always show up as Seasonals. At this point it's safe to say some characters are only getting in that way.

It's not like there are that many Valentian dudes missing. There's Mycen, Kamui, Atlas, Jesse, Deen and Nomah. They could release them all in two banners, coupled with Valentian Est and new versions of other girls.

And to be fair, SoV is a very male-dominated game. When the playable cast is 21 guys and 13 girls, you're bound to run out of girls first.

Edited by Jave

Tatiana's tome... Doesnt look like any of the others animals tomes...

It may be a new line of inheritable tomes, which may or may not be based on old seasonals. I would not mind the Rein effect like Summer Lute.

With that being said... I am surprised she is not a staff unit.

We're eventually going to get to the point where if they want to continue doing New Heroes banners, we'll either need alts (like Gleipnir Eirika and Sealed Falchion Chrom) or banners will have to mix games together like some of the early 2017 banners did. Blazing Blade is also especially low on females now, with Isadora and Vaida as the only remaining playable females. I hope for the latter myself.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Tatiana's tome... Doesnt look like any of the others animals tomes...

It may be a new line of inheritable tomes, which may or may not be based on old seasonals. I would not mind the Rein effect like Summer Lute.

Yeah, it's definitely new. It looks like the icon is a rabbit. Something Spd or follow-up related, perhaps.

I'm guessing if and when Garden/SoV Est becomes a thing that she will use a sword too so that we will have three lance and three sword Whitewings. Cue her showing up as a tome-wielding Harrier instead.

Nott's B passive Moon-Twin Wing and Nott in general seems underwhelming. Dulls and Lulls exist shutting down or hindering her lance's Bonus Doubler effect leaving her with only Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 if she's at <=25% HP. Spurn is an alternative to her Moon-Twin Wing where she would trade not having to deal with a HP check however generous it is and making it easier to get as much speed for the Dodge effect for +5 damage when activating a special when her HP is <= 75%. Moon-Twin Wing is also legendary Dimitri's Areadbhar that doesn't increase her damage as it only inflicts Atk/Spd-5 which results in Spd/Def/Res+5 for Nott while legendary Dimitri gets Atk/Spd/Def/Res+5 from Areadbhar when his HP is >= 25%. In choosing to not use Atrocity for dealing 25% of his attack as damage, he can run Null Follow-Up, stack more damage reduction, or a Trace with Areadbhar's own damage reduction. Nott can't do that which granted was a given with how her lance works.

It was like this since we knew about the sisters' weapons, but Dagr just seems like she will stand out better or age better when the effects she has are more uncommon or have less available ways of being dealt with. Dagr will be still be affected by effects making use of penalties, but those effects are not as common being on prf weapons or seasonal or grail inheritable weapons compared to Dulls and Lulls that anyone really can inherit. Her Null Follow-Up effect from Sun-Twin Wing has an HP check which while generous is still worse than not being dead, but there isn't really anything that can cancel the effects of Null Follow-Up and while she is a mythic, she can't won't get stat boosts in Aether Raids, bulk and Dodge can be supplemented from allies. Also, Dagr has Sol as a default special, but Nott doesn't have Luna, so Dagr is obviously the better sister.

Tatiana being a quest, added later unit and blue tome infantry is interesting. Not sure why she wasn't on the banner and as a healer who could have had a unique staff or even heal assist. They could have made Luthier the quest unit and had an excuse to give him literal shit for skills.

With Tatiana being a blue mage, if Fernand does show up as a lance cavalry and SoV does have a lance with his name on it, then this update would be introducing four blue units: two lance cavalry with Fernand and Zeke, one lance infantry with Nott, and one blue infantry mage with Tatiana.

Fernand's Lance has three combat arts: Longearche, Penetrate, and Windsweep. The closest to Longearche would be Distant Counter and I doubt they will ever have a grail unit show up with Close/Distant Counter/Foil/Ward and Lunge would be the closest to Penetrate. You can't have two actual B passives at the same time, so if he does show up with a prf and it's based on Fernand's Lance, the either he has Lunge or Windsweep on his prf weapon. We have yet to see a playable unit with a movement B passive and it might never happen because it would be weird or annoying for people who want to run another movement skill like Drag Back or a Trace without needing to equip another weapon. Firesweep weapons exist, so it can have some kind of -sweep and condition.

If Fernand has a prf and is a lance cavalry, then I'm calling lance version of Kempf. If not, then I guess we'll have our first unit with only an Iron weapon as a 5*.

Even though I will be pulling for this Palla, man was she entirely unnecessary (especially so soon after a Catria alt). Now, poor Tatiana got cucked out of being a premium unit (though she does appear to have a new inheritable tome).

Also, boo to Fernand (guaranteed to be a lance cav, when Zeke is also right there and when Orson was our previous GHB) being the GHB instead of Jedah. I wanted my Richard Epcar Emblem, dammit.

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

FE2 + Nott is expected, but Tatiana and Luthier being demotes is just weird.

Luthier getting Gronnfox'd isn't a surprise in the slightest. Erk had similar CYL5 results to Luthier, but that didn't stop him from getting demoted either.

Honestly, male mages tend to get short end of the stick in this game more often than not (like, Soren of all characters was a demote and the less said about how Leo is treated, the better). Even when some get to be a 5*, they still end up being mediocre or at best uninteresting like Lugh, Hubert, Ewan or Ced.

I confess that Holy Gravidus is not bad, but it's kinda missing something... Like a Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 or +5 to unit, or Atk/Def -5 or -6 on foe, for example. Maybe its just me that became used to new weapons having more effects.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

According to the chart in reddit, Brigand Boss is the Top 1 SoV character in CYL ranking not yet in heroes, even base Rinea ranked lower than him.

The remaining cast has better chance to debut in mixed game banner (which imo should have been done since it would help other games too) or a seasonal banner.

I 100% expected Zeke, Luthier, and Tatiana to show up, and I knew the GHB would be either Fernand or Rudolph. I'm pretty surprised about Palla, though. I thought for sure that they'd save her for another banner and use Tatiana as the big star with Zeke (and Nott). I thought Mycen would be the reward character, not Tatiana. I guess if they do another SoV banner, it'd be a banner with Est (sword/lance), Mycen (lance), Kamui (sword), and...Atlas (bow), I guess? With a Jedah GHB? Maybe?

14 minutes ago, Jave said:

It's not like there are that many Valentian dudes missing. There's Mycen, Kamui, Atlas, Jesse, Deen and Boah.

Isn't Boah a Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem character?

9 minutes ago, Florete said:

Blazing Blade is also especially low on females now, with Isadora and Vaida as the only remaining playable females. I hope for the latter myself.

I'm hoping for Isadora, personally! She's super awesome, in my opinion. I think she's a very underrated character (not unit, character).

8 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

According to the chart in reddit, Brigand Boss is the Top 1 SoV character in CYL ranking not yet in heroes, even base Rinea ranked lower than him.

Oh dear god, if we can force the devs to make a Brave ALT of the freaking Gatekeeper in Three Houses, Brigand Boss is almost a shoe-in for a future Echoes banner...

Someone seriously needs to stop the power of memes.

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Isn't Boah a Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem character?

I meant to say Nomah. Guess I spaced out there for a bit.

8 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I confess that Holy Gravidus is not bad, but it's kinda missing something... Like a Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 or +5 to unit, or Atk/Def -5 or -6 on foe, for example. Maybe its just me that became used to new weapons having more effects.

I'm assuming it's because his weapon has Distant Counter in it. They don't seem to add many effects to weapons that have Distant Counter in them since they probably consider it powerful enough with just that (look how long it took them to refine older distant counter weapons) and it opens up the A-Slot for a different skill. Plus Distant Counter and an easy condition for guaranteed follow ups seems dangerous enough already.

16 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

And nothing will come of that as long as he doesn't win in CYL or becomes the next Jorge. Zeke and Fernand both placed below Brigand Boss in CYL5, yet they're here instead of generic brigand anyways.

6 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Honestly...I kinda forgot Nomah was a character until you said that, ha.

Given that Gaiden / SoV also more or less forgets about him pretty much immediately after he's introduced, I can't really blame you.

Plus, his recruitment is just weird (and in Gaiden's case specifically, borderline cryptic).

22 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I confess that Holy Gravidus is not bad, but it's kinda missing something... Like a Atk/Spd/Def/Res +4 or +5 to unit, or Atk/Def -5 or -6 on foe, for example. Maybe itse just me that became used to new weapons to have more effects.

They're still holding back on Distant Counter weapons for some reason after the last update which gave us an unconditional Distant Counter and Killer effect weapons through Alondite and Ragnell with the obligatory Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 making Amatsu, unique refined Golden Dagger, and Vouge look like chump weapons and Null Follow-Up on Raijinto.

The combined effects of unique refined Divine Tyrfing, Hallowed Tyrfing, and Virtuous Tyrfing makes Holy Gradivus look tame. Sure, Seliph and Sigurd can't have Distant Counter and a Stance 4 skill or a Catch 4 or whatever, but they get whatever stats, damage reduction, a Killer effect, guaranteed follow-up effects, or healing per hit with Hallowed Tyrfing being the craziest of the Tyrfings.

Also, I will laugh if the developers decide to be massive dicks and make it so that Swift Sparrow 2 and Guard 3 are 5* locked on Luthier. They're both obviously too strong just like Live to Serve 3 and Quick Riposte 3, so we have to restrict access to them.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, I will laugh if the developers decide to be massive dicks and make it so that Swift Sparrow 2 and Guard 3 are 5* locked on Luthier. They're both obviously too strong just like Quick Riposte 3, so we have to restrict access to them.

That would be exceedingly dumb when they did not do that with Naesala.

That said, Naesala is still somehow the only 4* source of Guard 3 despite three other GHB units having it (Julius, Haar, Caellach) in addition to Titania and Leon.

I guess I will try to aim for blue as much as possible for Nott. I also want BVM!Palla for collecting, but I think I might wait for her to pity break me in the future depending on how many Notts I get. Nott does seem kind of underwhelming though.

BVM!Palla is the most appealing to me, since she can do Counter-Vantage.

Zeke seems like Duessel 2.0. Since we have Resonant Battles and Limited Hero Battles now, I am okay with having the same unit with a different skin.

Luthier is okay I guess. Swift Sparrow is nice, but I do not feel too excited about it since Sothe has been around forever and Seteh was dropped for a while too now. I do not mind paying 20,000 for Guard since Guard is not used that often, but if they price Swift Sparrow at 20,000 Feathers, that would be a dick move in my opinion. We do not need a repeat of Quick Riposte.

As some guys in Reddit predicted, the mid point banner was SoV (not that hard to predict when the title has just a few characters left, and most of them are really unpopular). 

I'm not looking foward to super evil turn 1 initiation teams with Nott and L!Sigurd...but that's probably going to be commonplace in VoH. Ugh. 

Anyways, as for the banner itself. 

Palla's Valentian edition is here as expected. Very min-maxed in Atk/Def with meh Res and trash Spd. Ladyblade seems to reference Flamberge with the unconditional adaptive dmg and Brave effect, and it includes Canto to boot. A good weapon, but it's hard to be excited about it when we just had ridiculous stuff in the Fallen banner and Duo Catria's Triangle Attack+Omni Orders buff. Her fodder is great for arena. 

So they added Zeke, huh? Not that surprising, but it makes this feel more like an Archanea banner than a Valentia banner, not that I care about those things when these guys are quite popular and I like them. As a unit Zeke brings amazing fodder in his Lull and Atk/Def Catch, the Menace skill is kinda odd. I get that he benefits from buffing his Def and Res, but the debuff on the foe is slightly wasted unless you have access to adaptive damage. His Prf is nothing to write home about after the previous DC refines we got. 

Funny how Luthier is the only Valentian unit on the banner (I know Tatiana will come too, but she's the auto demote so she doesn't count). As a demote he'll live or die on his stat spread, although he'll still struggle to compete with Resplandent Nino unless he goes for a defensive spread. 

Nott is the star of the banner and brings a lot to the table. On her own she doesn't seem all that impressive, in-built Bonus Doubler on her prf is cool but weak to Panic. Her exclusive B-skill is a debuff on the foe and Dodge, which is nice to have considering her high Spd. What makes her really troublesome is that she's a Dark Mythic that opens the 7th slot and also has Pathfinder to enable even more disgusting AR-D strats. Practically a  must have if you care about AR, otherwise you can skip. 

So yeah,, not that impressed with the banner overall, but I'll try to get Nott for obvious reasons. I still need some pieces to enable such cancerous teams, but we'll get there one day. 

29 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That would be exceedingly dumb when they did not do that with Naesala.

That said, Naesala is still somehow the only 4* source of Guard 3 despite three other GHB units having it (Julius, Haar, Caellach) in addition to Titania and Leon.

Dumb or cruel.

Meanwhile, 4* special rate units while uncommon, will have Swift Sparrow 2 available and if you don't care about the speed part, there's CYL Celica for Death Blow 4. And Fury 3 has been in the game forever and we have Sothe for L&D3.

16 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

the Menace skill is kinda odd. I get that he benefits from buffing his Def and Res, but the debuff on the foe is slightly wasted unless you have access to adaptive damage.

My guess is Def/Res Menace might also be a thematic thing since him reducing his foes resistance means Tatiana can do more damage. Other than that, it scores well as a tier 4 skill which could entice players to pull for his skills.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

They're still holding back on Distant Counter weapons for some reason after the last update which gave us an unconditional Distant Counter and Killer effect weapons through Alondite and Ragnell with the obligatory Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 making Amatsu, unique refined Golden Dagger, and Vouge look like chump weapons and Null Follow-Up on Raijinto.

The combined effects of unique refined Divine Tyrfing, Hallowed Tyrfing, and Virtuous Tyrfing makes Holy Gradivus look tame. Sure, Seliph and Sigurd can't have Distant Counter and a Stance 4 skill or a Catch 4 or whatever, but they get whatever stats, damage reduction, a Killer effect, guaranteed follow-up effects, or healing per hit with Hallowed Tyrfing being the craziest of the Tyrfings.

Contemporary melee cavalry (167-168) have more base stats than either Legendary Ike (163) or Legendary Ryoma (162) and are only slightly behind Zelgius (174). I think Ragnell and Raijinto have every right to have their extra stats on top of Distant Counter + extra effect. Alondite basically just got pulled along for the ride.

Being forced to run Distant Counter in the A slot is a pretty big deal, though. A-slot skills get stronger replacements over time, but Prf weapons typically don't. Hallowed Tyrfing gives +6/0/6/9 plus Nosferatu. Meanwhile, Holy Gradivus plus a Catch is +9 to two stats and a guaranteed follow-up, opening up his B slot for a Lull or Trace. On top of that, Legendary Seliph is a full 5 points of stats behind modern contemporary melee cavalry.

Legendary Sigurd is a recent Legendary that hasn't even been rerun yet. Virtuous Tyrfing still has every reason to still be so much better than Holy Gradivus.