New Heroes (Book V Mid: Nott and More)

NSSKG151

11 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Dumb or cruel.

Meanwhile, 4* special rate units while uncommon, will have Swift Sparrow 2 available and if you don't care about the speed part, there's CYL Celica for Death Blow 4. And Fury 3 has been in the game forever and we have Sothe for L&D3.

Eh, yeah IS, just through F!Edelgard, has certainly shown that they love dumbness and cruelty equally.

But, I can do you one better on how they could've trolled us. They might as well have had Kakage (who did do Valentia Catria) draw this Palla. I mean, why not? With that Falcon Knight armor, Palla already looks way to similar to Erinys as is.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We finally got a new echoes banner and it also reminded me why I was never very exited about a new Echoes banner. I already knew it would be a whitewhing (probably Palla), Zeke and Tatiana with Luthier as the demote. Because I knew they would't bother with the likes of the grampa's or swordsmaster squidward and the cast is running out.

Now I like Palla, Luthier and Tatiana, but there isn't really a SOV surprise here. The only surprise is that Tatiana is off banner and not a healer.

Good on Luthier for bringing the foxtome. I was wondering whether it would be him or Ricken/Hayato who would bring it as a green demote wind mage.

Well, it's what we were all expecting to happen. Fun fact: I've been calling in multiple Discord servers enjoying tolerating FEH that Nótt would have Atk/Spd Menace. I got 10 fucking pings in as many minutes after the trailer hit.

Anyway, I'm usually not okay with color-sharing on New Heroes banners (because they usually make the 4* unit share with the 5*), but Zeke and Nótt are a pretty powerful pair -- Nótt would enable a lot of AR-D bullshit, and Zeke if nothing else is food for my Balldigan.

2 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

LET'S GO, PALLA

my orbs are gone

I confess that you were the first person I thought of when seeing that Valentian Palla. And also recalled that you blew all your orbs on Cuteria. All I can say is good luck.

Edited by Some Jerk

Luthier is finally in! He's so painfully the demote, though... At least that makes him easier to get. I'll free pull for him. No one else on this banner appeals to me. But ouch, poor SoV... This feels like a "let's get this game out of the way" banner... I really hope that the remaining dudes from that game don't go ignored...

Edit: I JUST SAW THAT FERNAND IS GETTING INTO THE GAME! YUSSSSS!!! He's GHB but whatever! He's finally getting in!! I'm so happy!

Edited by Mercakete

Mixed banners would be nice, but they'd ultimately just rearrange the issue by moving the drain on female character rosters to different games. The overall lineup will still run out eventually.

FE2 does still have female bosses it could draw from, I guess. I don't care about them, but I do want Mycen, Jedah, and ideally regular Rudolf to get in somehow before they fully call it quits on this game.

10 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

So is that really it for Echoes now?

As Sunwoo said, I think Valentian Est will show up eventually, so FEH still has at least one more SoV banner in it - the question now is just who's going to be on it since the most popular units from it were bundled in with this one*.

As for the banner itself, I want to get Nott. If I get her ahead of time and only have one or two summons until I hit 40, I'll probably get Palla too - Ladyblade sounds useful and if I end up never using her I can just fodder R Duel Infantry to Aversa (or Brave Eirika if it comes down to it) or something.

@Mercakete

Luthier is finally in! He's so painfully the demote, though... At least that makes him easier to get. I'll free pull for him. No one else on this banner appeals to me. But ouch, poor SoV... This feels like a "let's get this game out of the way" banner... I really hope that the remaining dudes from that game don't go ignored...

Edit: I JUST SAW THAT FERNAND IS GETTING INTO THE GAME! YUSSSSS!!! He's GHB but whatever! He's finally getting in!! I'm so happy!

Case in point 😛

Edited by DefyingFates

Dual phase and unconditional adaptive on the same weapon is just WHY

I mean sure, it's not F!Edel skill stacking madness but those two look like something that should never be considered OK on the same weapon, much less on a character with 50+ Atk.

Zeke's weapon isn't too impressive but free DC and follow-up if unit isn't on life support are two very strong effects on their own.

Sorta RIP Luthier but at the same time he brings a long overdue demote on multiple fronts, and his fanbase can +10 him easier.

Apparently Tatiana's tome is a blue 3H summer tome, and her art is cute. Being a mage is a bit surprising though when she's known more for her ditz savant white magic list.

1. 205. Brigand Boss (442)
  2. 224. Rinea (396)
  3. 257. Kamui (325)
  4. 292. Deen (247)
  5. 298. Atlas (237)
  6. 300. Mycen (235)
  7. 348. Hestia (170)
  8. 359. Jesse (158)
  9. 362. Est (154)
  10. 387. Rudolf (123)
  11. 411. Nuibaba (99)
  12. 429. Jedah (78)
  13. 443. Marla (63)

Past that point we start hitting characters I don't even recognize. Nomah is the only other playable character, at rank 482 with 22 votes.

9 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Apparently Tatiana's tome is a blue 3H summer tome

Yep.

Rabbit tomes are the new line of tomes, although they are not new at all.

During unit's first combat in player phase or enemy phase, grants Atk/Res+5 to unit and restores 7 HP to unit after combat.

We kinda have all 3 types already, although Red is grail only for now, and Green is seasonal only for now. I can see we getting these in future demotes... like a Fates banner with Hayato as demote having Gronnrabbit+, for example. (that kinda makes sense based on we have Rabbit Scroll in Fates)

I want a Summer Lute's tome to be added as well, with the Rein effect. It would be like... Blárrdeer+?

I think they still have more than enough female characters to get through Echoes banners, they could even pull alts if they had to. Or of course go with more obscure characters like... Irma?

8 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

I confess that you were the first person I thought of when seeing that Valentian Palla. And also recalled that you blew all your orbs on Cuteria. All I can say is good luck.

I just need enough to spark 😄 😄 😄

I hope I get Nótt and Palla on the way to spark.

I will spark for one of them, for sure. If I get Nótt while summoning, I will spark for Palla, and vice-versa.

If I get both, I may spark Nótt and merge her to remove the bad bane I will get.

Poor Valentian Palla... she was made for fodder to units like Aversa, Halloween Nowi, Summer Tana and Adrift Camilla... Duel 4 plus Rally+ (if you don't have that on the unit yet) or Atk/Res Rein.

14 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Yep.

Rabbit tomes are the new line of tomes, although they are not new at all.

During unit's first combat in player phase or enemy phase, grants Atk/Res+5 to unit and restores 7 HP to unit after combat.

We kinda have all 3 types already, although Red is grail only for now, and Green is seasonal only for now. I can see we getting these in future demotes... like a Fates banner with Hayato as demote having Gronnrabbit+, for example. (that kinda makes sense based on we have Rabbit Scroll in Fates)

I want a Summer Lute's tome to be added as well, with the Rein effect. It would be like... Blárrdeer+?

Interesting how they give us this just as they wrap up the Fox line. Reskinning old seasonal weapons is a nice way to get new demotes to feel meaningful without having to shake things up too much. Although... god, are we ever going to get Thoron+???

3 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I think they still have more than enough female characters to get through Echoes banners, they could even pull alts if they had to. Or of course go with more obscure characters like... Irma?

The missing playable characters are Kamui, Deen, Atlas, Mycen, Jesse, Nomah, and Est. With an even gender split, that'd require three more banners, and five more female characters brought into the picture somehow.

Carving out new space seems like an increasingly significant factor. By adding Valentian Palla and a new version of Valentian Catria, they've turned Valentian Est from some weird potential future to one a lot of people will now expect. Adding bosses like Hestia to proper banners could have a similar effect, as would any additional alts. Faye seems like the easiest alt to justify, with her being a Villager and the oddities with her original version, but like with Catria, that could lay the groundwork for others. They want to give us new things to hunger for just as fast as they use up old ones.

12 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I hope I get Nótt and Palla on the way to spark.

I will spark for one of them, for sure. If I get Nótt while summoning, I will spark for Palla, and vice-versa.

If I get both, I may spark Nótt and merge her to remove the bad bane I will get.

Poor Valentian Palla... she was made for fodder to units like Aversa, Halloween Nowi, Summer Tana and Adrift Camilla... Duel 4 plus Rally+ (if you don't have that on the unit yet) or Atk/Res Rein.

I'm hoping I can get 2 Notts (summoning and spark). I can already think of so many disgusting things I'd be able to do with double Nott on a def comp.

A funny thing about this is, people successfully guessed that FE2 would get propped up by Nott, but the lineup of Palla/Zeke/Titania/Luthier seems like it could have worked fine on its own. It just didn't seem likely for them to actually pack all those characters together like this.

I wonder if there's an element of them intentionally painting themselves into a corner. If they burn through enough of a game's most marketable characters, it becomes harder to complain about its future banners mixing in alts of the most popular units alongside the stragglers. I could see them having a schedule where they intentionally push more and more games to this point over the course of several years, gradually increasing the frequency of alts on New Heroes banners.

Edited by Othin

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Interesting how they give us this just as they wrap up the Fox line. Reskinning old seasonal weapons is a nice way to get new demotes to feel meaningful without having to shake things up too much. Although... god, are we ever going to get Thoron+???

I used to think Kempf would be our best shot at getting Thoron+. Then he decided to show up with a sword prf. At this point, Oliver's Shine+ is probably the Thoron+ that should've been in the game already but somehow isn't.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

I used to think Kempf would be our best shot at getting Thoron+. Then he decided to show up with a sword prf. At this point, Oliver's Shine+ is probably the Thoron+ that should've been in the game already but somehow isn't.

They're functionally equivalent, but it still bugs me. We've had both Fenrir+ and Bolganone+ from day 1!

I remember getting my hopes up about Tailtiu, then regular Ilyana, then briefly last night about Tatiana after seeing she was a blue tome demote but nope.

Edited by Othin

22 minutes ago, Othin said:

They're functionally equivalent, but it still bugs me. We've had both Fenrir+ and Bolganone+ from day 1!

I remember getting my hopes up about Tailtiu, then regular Ilyana, then briefly last night about Tatiana after seeing she was a blue tome demote but nope.

At this point, I imagine that we're not getting Thoron+ just because it'd be super underwhelming. It's basically a silver weapon equivalent, and the last person who got that was Travant, and most people were rightfully mad about that. We probably won't ever see it unless IS just wants some poor blue mage to be an absolute joke.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

At this point, I imagine that we're not getting Thoron+ just because it'd be super underwhelming. It's basically a silver weapon equivalent, and the last person who got that was Travant, and most people were rightfully mad about that. We probably won't ever see it unless IS just wants some poor blue mage to be an absolute joke.

There's always Ellerean.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

There's always Ellerean.

Lol, so we're gonna make the poor fucker worse than base Merric or something?

I could see that, but I could also see them just giving him like ... I don't know, Blarfrog and when he gets a weapon refine in a decade he'll just get Ellerean's Thoron.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Probably not, but I want it.

Could even slip it into the skill set of some blue mage with a prf, just so it'll be there.