Forging Bonds: Decided Future!

A new Forging Bonds event is here!

ZRbSQ6k.jpg

The stars of this Forging Bonds Event are Palla, Luthier, Zeke and Tatiana!

In Forging Bonds, SP and Hero Merit earned in battle are doubled, so use this opportunity to train your most needed units.

I hope you enjoy the new stories featured by these Heroes!

About time they did something now that Camus, Sirius, and Zeke are all in the same game together. Also liked the different characters the Forging Bonds units got grouped up with. While the event is focused on Echoes characters, there's also some Mystery of the Emblem with Minerva, which puts a sense of continuity.

Palla's supports are just adorable and wholesome. Also like that the Spring Whitewings got a mention. Also neat that Fjorm talks about her siblings this time instead of mentioning about her love life or her apparently imminent death.

Luthier and Tatiana got the character theme treatment, with several different mages appearing in the conversation (with Canas sharing the spotlight) for the former, and several healers (Brady in particular) for the latter.

Zeke's conversations feels more like an in-depth look of what could've happened during the Forging Bonds event. And neat that he gets to spar against the Black Knight -- too bad Ares missed the party.

5 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

And neat that he gets to spar against the Black Knight -- too bad Ares missed the party.

Yeah. Honestly, too bad the Black Knight cheats with his enchanted armor. Camus is one of the strongest characters in Fire Emblem history. Dude fought a battalion over 200 strong and a dragon, and even Medeus likened Camus' strength to that of Anri, who also performed some insane feats.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

The most shocking part was having a conversation in the library and Fjorm isn't there!

She couldn’t make it back there after having run to her main story cameo, so Fjorm had to settle for Palla.

I never actually bothered to use Zeke or Tatiana when in my playthrough of Echoes, so I was super disappointed about Tatiana's clumsy cute girl shtick. Why ... is this trope such a popular one? And why do they all end with some shades of "your heart is all that matter, so keep being you!" as a moral? Honestly, characters like Tatiana (and Sumia, and Felicia) are presented as being such a walking disaster just by trying to help people that they'd be better off trying to help the enemy and sabotaging them instead. At that point, a person has to know when to call it quits and try to help out in another way.

Would have liked to see something else besides more sisterly shenanigans with Palla, but the pegasus sisters are all just callbacks to the original Whitewings to IS. Zeke's convo felt more about Sirius and Camus than about him at times, even if they are all the same person. Also Zeke looks so much smaller compared to the other two, it's comical. Luthier's conversation with Canas was super good though, I didn't realize that what I needed from FB was to see Luthier conversing with Canas. That said, why is every mage we summon so obsessed with the library?

One thing I found shocking is the fact that Camus actually DID choose to learn about the future. Repeatedly characters that consider telling their past self about their future, they accept that it is better not to do that. Yet here we have Camus choosing to want to learn, though he does state that the future he knows is not set in stone.

It's funny, Luthier is a character that I like well enough, I'm fine with him, but he isn't even close to my favorite character in Echoes. But I like his supports the most here. Palla's were kinda disappointing, but not bad. Zeke's and Tatiana's were fine, above Palla's but not at the level of Luthier's.

I'm not done with this yet, but I'm liking some of the interactions here. It'd be fun to have a Canas and Luthier harmonic unit! Ah, but poor Brady. Oh, that poor boy... XD;