Ilyana is kind of bad ]:

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Now what I'm not sure about is if Rexbolt can 2HKO white dragons. When I used her in endgame, she was missing the 2HKO, but it's possible she might with capped magic and/or a might support. I'm too lazy to look up enemy stats to check that.

Against the strongest ones she can pull it off at 1 point below cap, or 2 with an attack support (~2 less on the weakest ones). You probably need some Bexp to reach that, I did to hit her necessary bulk levels to not get 1 shot by Dheginsea, and happened to get high enough magic along the way to hit one of the benchmarks for white dragon kills.

• 4 months later...

I think in general there's a lot of characters in RD who just won't have many chance to do a lot. It's just kind of the nature of the game, but I think ilyana does offer a lot of help in 1-3 and 1-4 at least, so that's definitely pretty good compared to a lot of RD characters but also mages in this game in general are just bad later on because of their terrible caps in basically everything, limited move, enemies have 9 million res, and tomes just generally having really ass might. I get the complaints but also RD in general is just an incomplete game so I think this criticism goes to a lot of things in it. 

6 hours ago, MuteMousou said:

I think in general there's a lot of characters in RD who just won't have many chance to do a lot. It's just kind of the nature of the game, but I think ilyana does offer a lot of help in 1-3 and 1-4 at least, so that's definitely pretty good compared to a lot of RD characters but also mages in this game in general are just bad later on because of their terrible caps in basically everything, limited move, enemies have 9 million res, and tomes just generally having really ass might. I get the complaints but also RD in general is just an incomplete game so I think this criticism goes to a lot of things in it. 

I'd say the opposite. Radiant Dawn is one of the few games where you have a use for almost every member of your army at some point. Half the units in the game probably aren't Tower Worthy, but they almost all of them contribute something at some point in the game due to it's army swapping feature.

Edited by Jotari

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

I'd say the opposite. Radiant Dawn is one of the few games where you have a used for almost every member of your army at some point. Half the units in the game probably aren't Tower Worthy, but they almost all of them contribute something at some point in the game due to it's army swapping feature.

Yeah I'd agree that most of them can be useful at some point but not very many can be useful in endgame. I think if there was more unit differentiation (stat averages matter less in this game than in any other because of how BEXP works) and higher caps in tier 3 it would allow a lot more diverse teams in the tower but of course if that were the case it would make characters like Caineghis and Giffca not as good.

On 11/6/2021 at 8:34 AM, Jotari said:

I'd say the opposite. Radiant Dawn is one of the few games where you have a use for almost every member of your army at some point. Half the units in the game probably aren't Tower Worthy, but they almost all of them contribute something at some point in the game due to it's army swapping feature.

Hell, the "let's split up, gang" moment at the start of Part IV is basically an excuse to get the player drawing from all corners of the cast, rather than focusing on an Endgame team. And all they had to make it work was invent cell phones!