What weapons/movement types will these units get?

Jotari

So, I'm interested to see what people would like to see for some units whoose future weapon and movement combination isn't really set in stone. Specifically,

Atlas: The only villager from Shadows of Valentia not yet in the game. He's a woodcutter in his backstory I think, so he could potentially pull a Faye and be an axe unit even though he can't use them in game. Alternatively we always need more lance infantry and he can fit that job. I don't really see him being a mage even though it is one of his possible options.

Balthus: His canon weapon isn't really up for debate, it's more a question as to whether his weapon type will even get into the game. He does have an axe in one piece of artwork, so I guess it's possible he could be an axe unit with the Vajra-Muhsti being referenced in a skill. This will depend quite heavily on whether gauntlets continue to appear in future games, I think.

Dwyer: His default class is a troubadour, but his character is clearly based around being a butler, which is his (potential) promotion. So that's a bit of a weird case. Even as a Butler you still have the question of whether he'd be a dagger unit or a staff unit (would combining the two concepts and making him a mounted dagger unit be too weird?)

Niime: Anyone who's played Binding Blade will recognize her as a fantastic staff unit, but she is kind of more notable at a glance as being one of the few dark mages in Binding Blade. And the only one not in the game yet. Plus Apocalypse is still up for grabs (because bizarrely Braimmond doesn't use it even though he clearly does). So yeah, I think it's pretty likely she'll be a red mage, but still maybe people want to  see her as a staff unit.

Galzus:  Comes from the definitive sword family of Jugdral, but we have a tonne of infantry sword units already, so I could see him being a perfect candidate for the Meisteraxt (Master Axe).

Rhea: I was kind of surprised they gave Seiros the Immaculate Form. I was kind of expecting Seiros to get the Sword of Seiros or to potnetially be a guantlet user if they ever planned to include Guaintlets. Rhea always seemed the more obvious version of the character to be a breath unit. But now that Serios is the breath unit, what will Rhea do? She could use the Sword of Seiros, or she could be a mage, or she even could be a breath unit too. We're quite low on potential breath units and there are two distinct forms of the Immaculate One so both of them being breath units and Rhea's non transformation abilities being left by the wayside seems possible.

Leonie: Of all the three houses characters she seems like the one with the least obvious potential weapon type to me. She sort of has a connection to The Inexhaustible, so I'd be most happy seeing her as a mounted bow unit using that, but she starts off with E rank bows and always appears as a lance unit as an enemy, so despite the associated paralogue, it never feels like the game considers her a bow unit despite the proficiency in bows.

Yuri: Sword or knife is the question here (or potentially magic too I guess). I think knife seems more likely given his class, but he's outright shown with a full length sword in artwork multiple times in the game, so it might be considered more a part of his aesthetic.

Fallen!Gunther: Yes, we all want him to be a mounted breath unit, but for a character as unpopular as Gunther, how likely  is it they'll actually do something like that? Especially when he fights like a regular old Great Knight in game.

Jake/Beck: Both are known for being Ballisticans, which could be featured as armoured bow units (which would, funnily enough, make them very similar to how they work in NES Shadow Dragon), but if they don't want to go that route, New Mystery did give them canon classes outside of Ballistican, berserker and bow knight respectively. Jake has also appeared as a pirate in other continuities so he has some axe connections there.

if there are any other units with uncertain weapon/movement types you want to examine, then do talk about what you want and expect to see from them.

Edited by Jotari

Mages are always a good guessing game. Not every mage has a signature element and having a horse does not always translate to getting a horse. Azelle doesn't have it bad, but I always assumed he'd get that horse.

Orochi: Orochi is a bit tricky, but I'm going to say blue infantry mage here. She doesn't look like a red mage and green is posible, but Hayato would probably take that colour. She has the looks of a blue mage so I think that one works.

Hayato: Being from the wind tribe kind of makes this one obvious. No access to a horse in his base kit also means he'd be a infantry green mage. He's not very popular so I can see him work as a demote that brings in a new green tome. Maybe that new rabbit one.

Nyx: Being a dark mage also means Nyx is very likely to be a red mage. I'd personally make her a flying red mage moddeled after the witch dlc class...but she'll probably be a red infantry mage.

Izana: Coulourless infantry healer. Izana could be a mage, but he starts out as a promoted monk, instead of a promoted diviner. His personal skill is also supportive in nature. So he'd be a healer. 

Ricken: There's no question which colour Ricken will be. While not relevant in gameplay he does have a preference in wind His movement type is less certain. I'm going to say green tome cav. It'd make him a more unique demote and being styled after a 'dark knight' makes sense seeing how he is build to be the more sturdy starting mage. Besides he had a fun little detail in having a pony, rather then a horse. It'd be a waste not to bring that back.

Miriel: Starts with a fire tome and also has red hair. Probably works well as a red infantry mage because of that.

Bastian: Green mage is the safe option, but i'd like to see him as a dagger unit. The whole dagger sub weapon for mages has been completely forgotten and for good reason, but I can see Bastian work as a dagger unit. I also think its been a while since we even got a dagger unit.

Calill: Radiant dawn would say that Calill would be a infantry red mage, but we've been on a red mage demote spree lately. So i'd give her a blue or a green tome since she starts with B in all of them in POR. She can use daggers, but unlike Bastian I don't think they would fit very well on her.

Manuala: Best three houses girl has 3 boons. Flying, faith and swords. I think we can safely discount flying as a option for her so she will be either a infantry sword or healer. I really hope she will be a unique red sword with a focus on healing. maybe with breath of life 4 or a sword with a support focus. But she is known as a healer so I think she'll be another interchangeable infantry healer with a 2018 kit.

Hanneman: once again we can probably safely remove bows as a weapon type for him. As a old man I can see him be a standard infantry mage demote. However Hanneman does teach horse riding too so if they want to make him a bit more unique they can make him a mage cav. No idea for colour though since he uses both fire and thunder magic. Red doesn't have a demote mage cav yet.

----
As for non mages 
Reina: as 'ambassador' of the Kinshi knight class she should be a bow flier, but I fear she might end up as lance flier number 1000. I was surprised to find out her lance rank is actually higher then her bow rank and IS really really likes their lance fliers. So a old, not very popular, corrinsexual might not get a rare class like bow flier.

Edited by Sasori

20 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Manuala: Best three houses girl has 3 boons. Flying, faith and swords. I think we can safely discount flying as a option for her so she will be either a infantry sword or healer. I really hope she will be a unique red sword with a focus on healing. maybe with breath of life 4 or a sword with a support focus. But she is known as a healer so I think she'll be another interchangeable infantry healer with a 2018 kit.

Manuela is actually an assassin as an enemy in Three Houses. So seeing her as a knife unit is the not the craziest thing in the world. A knife unit that can simultaneously debuff enemies and heal allies would also be quite novel as far as builds go.

22 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Manuela is actually an assassin as an enemy in Three Houses. So seeing her as a knife unit is the not the craziest thing in the world. A knife unit that can simultaneously debuff enemies and heal allies would also be quite novel as far as builds go.

I imagine Manela as a Flying Healer, but she could be a Flying Dagger too. Hopefully a demote so she's easily mergable.

We'll see if they add gauntlets in the next book. That's the big thing holding back Balthus's addition as well as the other Ashen Wolves. Same goes for base Raphael and potentially Caspar.

I imagine Yuri as a Sword unit with his Relic giving +1 Mov. Then he would have a gimmick similar to Leila, so making him a Dagger would have some overlap.

50 minutes ago, Sasori said:

Orochi: Orochi is a bit tricky, but I'm going to say blue infantry mage here. She doesn't look like a red mage and green is posible, but Hayato would probably take that colour. She has the looks of a blue mage so I think that one works.

She should might be Red since Snake Spirit is likely for her and a Blue Brave Tome overlaps with Dire Thunder, but I guess the weapons that Soiree Reinhardt and Ishtar have exist. Colorless Brave Tome would be nuts, but there's plenty of broken stuff in the game anyway.