Counting how many playable characters are in Heroes so far (56.8% of the cast is in)

Jotari

39 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I was referring to the length of time between Valentia's banners (October 2019 - June 2021), not their percentage of characters. 

Yeah that is a pretty lengthy gap for Shadows of Valentia, though its understandably long given how few characters it has. Fates on the other hand, I'm sure probably has a lengthy gap too, but the problem is they front loaded the game by adding a tonne of Fates characters early in the game's release. It's way ahead in characters compared to the two series with equivalently sized rosters (Archanea and Tellius).

As for Archanea, yes it is missing a lot of characters. And unfortunately for Archanea, a good chunk of those characters will likely never make it into Heroes because they're either blatant filler characters with little to no characterization or are just too unpopular even if they do have some elements going for them. In my opinion, the following characters are the only ones left that absolutely should be added: 

Elice, Nyna, good guy Hardin, Medeus, Gotoh

There are a couple others that are either borderline important enough and/or popular enough (like Lorenz, Midia, Wolf, Malice and Etzel) but everyone else after that are varying degrees of expendable.

Default Xane I'd consider warranting absolutely should be added status. Though I'm not sure what they could do with Xane that could make him different enough from his seasonal counterpart while still having the same gimmick. Because if they make him a melee unit (uh, I hope he's not sword infantry) with the same effect then he'll still be outclassed by a colourless tome user that can do the same thing. Though maybe they could do something weirder with him, like maybe copying the colour of nearby units instead of stats. I dununo, but I still expect to see him at some point.

I don't know if you'd really consider them popular, but I'd like to see Yumina and Yubello. They're two characters who I really feel should be more important than they are. Of the Fates cast I'd also consider the remaining characters pretty expendable. This was really the last batch of regular characters (and aside from Charlotte who people felt indignant about waiting so long as a non alt) and not the most popular ones. What remains now are mostly Hyato, Mozu, Corrin-Sexuals and child characters (and also Anankos, but he'll probably get in in a Mythic banner, Sumeragi will also probably be the next grand hero battle for Fates). Even now years later I still think it was a silly idea to introduce the first flying bow user as an alt Hinoka instead of Reina

Edited by Jotari

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Default Xane I'd consider warranting absolutely should be added status. Though I'm not sure what they could do with Xane that could make him different enough from his seasonal counterpart while still having the same gimmick. Because if they make him a melee unit (uh, I hope he's not sword infantry) with the same effect then he'll still be outclassed by a colourless tome user that can do the same thing. Though maybe they could do something weirder with him, like maybe copying the colour of nearby units instead of stats. I dununo, but I still expect to see him at some point.

I knew I missed someone. Yeah, Xane is certainly worthy of a New Heroes slot too though is a bit less of a priority (since he is at least in the game as himself and as his own unit) compared to the characters I named.

54 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I don't know if you'd really consider them popular, but I'd like to see Yumina and Yubello. They're two characters who I really feel should be more important than they are. Of the Fates cast I'd also consider the remaining characters pretty expendable. This was really the last batch of regular characters (and aside from Charlotte who people felt indignant about waiting so long as a non alt) and not the most popular ones. What remains now are mostly Hyato, Mozu, Corrin-Sexuals and child characters (and also Anankos, but he'll probably get in in a Mythic banner, Sumeragi will also probably be the next grand hero battle for Fates). Even now years later I still think it was a silly idea to introduce the first flying bow user as an alt Hinoka instead of Reina

Going off of CYL5, Yuliya is the 17th placed 16th if you don't want to count Anna (11th) missing Archanean character at 380th (133 votes). Xane and Hardin were included in those rankings (because for the latter, his normal and Emperor versions are not separate options on the ballot). Personally, I wouldn't consider that particularly amazing though she does funnily enough tie with Lorenz not Hellman Gloucester.

Jubelo, meanwhile, is all the way down at 472nd (32 votes), which ties him with the likes of Riev and Durban. I suppose that should speak for itself.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I knew I missed someone. Yeah, Xane is certainly worthy of a New Heroes slot too though is a bit less of a priority (since he is at least in the game as himself and as his own unit) compared to the characters I named.

Going off of CYL5, Yuliya is the 17th placed 16th if you don't want to count Anna (11th) missing Archanean character at 380th (133 votes). Xane and Hardin were included in those rankings (because for the latter, his normal and Emperor versions are not separate options on the ballot). Personally, I wouldn't consider that particularly amazing though she does funnily enough tie with Lorenz not Hellman Gloucester.

Jubelo, meanwhile, is all the way down at 472nd (32 votes), which ties him with the likes of Riev and Durban. I suppose that should speak for itself.

Of that data the thing I'm most surprised about is that Lorenz is so low. He has a pretty cool eye patch (and while I doubt they'd be creative enough to do it, he could work as a Bow Armour).

Wendell is another Archanean character I expect is pretty popular. He's at least liked for the stats he brings to the table in most of his appearances.

As far as Archanea is concerned I agree with all the characters you two mention needing to get in the game. But I also would add Wolf (if we get only one of the Wolfguard, we need to get him), Midia (we have Midia's hero and not Midia herself? Bullshit!), Arlen, Malice, Etzel and JAKE!

Seriously, he is the only playbale Jake and we need a Jake in a celebration of the series, that is not negotiable. Cipher will always remain the superior crossover until we get Jake.

EDIT: And about Fates. Scarlet is a plot relevant character, so I believe she is the most note-worthy character still absent other than Anankos. After her we can round out the banner with Hayato, Mozu, Reina and a Shura GHB and Gen 1 is done. Okay Izana and Fuga exist, but come on. It took ages for them to get a card in Cipher for a reason. They feel like that two that should take the longest to get added.

Edited by GrandeRampel

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Seriously, he is the only playbale Jake and we need a Jake in a celebration of the series, that is not negotiable.

I'm going to have to hard disagree with you there. Outside of being Anna's boyfriend (which, along with Jake himself, got dropped from Awakening and beyond anyways) and showing up in just two other games as a minor NPC (and most people will not find him in Genealogy), he's about as inconsequential as guys like Caesar and Warren.

1 hour ago, GrandeRampel said:

Cipher will always remain the superior crossover until we get Jake.

You mean the crossover that has Jake, but not guys like Jorge, Rudolf, Bandit Kempf, Duessel, Caellach, and Orson? No thanks, I'll trade Jake for either Duessel or Caellach without hesitation.

3 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

EDIT: And about Fates. Scarlet is a plot relevant character, so I believe she is the most note-worthy character still absent other than Anankos. After her we can round out the banner with Hayato, Mozu, Reina and a Shura GHB and Gen 1 is done. Okay Izana and Fuga exist, but come on. It took ages for them to get a card in Cipher for a reason. They feel like that two that should take the longest to get added.

That'd be neat.

For other units, don't forget Yukimura.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

You mean the crossover that has Jake, but not guys like Jorge, Rudolf, Bandit Kempf, Duessel, Caellach, and Orson? No thanks, I'll trade Jake for either Duessel or Caellach without hesitation.

Of course they couldn't give those guys a card. Not even one, because they had more important things to do. You know, like making approximately ten cards for EACH of the Fates royals -- who naturally had to have two card symbols while Sacred Stones can share with Elibe because ... well, they're both GBA games so basically the same thing, right? 😛

Also, who needs Kempf in Cipher when we have such amazing villains full of personality like Dithorba and Pamela, as well as Banba, Eriu, and Fotla? Yeah, they seriously gave the gen 2 mage sisters each a card. Because seriously.

4 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

As far as Archanea is concerned I agree with all the characters you two mention needing to get in the game. But I also would add Wolf (if we get only one of the Wolfguard, we need to get him), Midia (we have Midia's hero and not Midia herself? Bullshit!), Arlen, Malice, Etzel and JAKE!

Seriously, he is the only playbale Jake and we need a Jake in a celebration of the series, that is not negotiable. Cipher will always remain the superior crossover until we get Jake.

This one speaks true. Jake needs the love after Awakening's S support madness ejected him from the series.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

That'd be neat.

For other units, don't forget Yukimura.

Yuikmura would work particularly well for heroes for covering the niche of mounted knife users, of which we have very few (and all of which are seasonals, I think).

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Of course they couldn't give those guys a card. Not even one, because they had more important things to do. You know, like making approximately ten cards for EACH of the Fates royals -- who naturally had to have two card symbols while Sacred Stones can share with Elibe because ... well, they're both GBA games so basically the same thing, right? 😛

Also, who needs Kempf in Cipher when we have such amazing villains full of personality like Dithorba and Pamela, as well as Banba, Eriu, and Fotla? Yeah, they seriously gave the gen 2 mage sisters each a card. Because seriously.

Okay is Dithorba like some inexplicably popular character in Japan or something? Because she's in Heroes too and it sort of baffles me. There are so many better minor boss characters in Genealogy by itself, let alone the entire series that could be highlighted over Dithorba.

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

This one speaks true. Jake needs the love after Awakening's S support madness ejected him from the series.

Yuikmura would work particularly well for heroes for covering the niche of mounted knife users, of which we have very few (and all of which are seasonals, I think).

Okay is Dithorba like some inexplicably popular character in Japan or something? Because she's in Heroes too and it sort of baffles me. There are so many better minor boss characters in Genealogy by itself, let alone the entire series that could be highlighted over Dithorba.

I barely even remembered that Dithorba existed. When I heard about her, I assumed she was the pegasus boss from later in the chapter (who turned out to be Pamela).

6 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

You joke but we already have Dithorba in Heroes. I assume Pamela, Eriu, Banba and Fotla will come too. And also Hilda and Lamia, why not.

Why? because they are female. For the same reason I also expect Sonya's sisters, Nuibaba, Ladislava and Cornelia, Sigune from FE6, the two female capture bosses from Fates, Pheros and Raimi from Awakening and that one completely forgettable female boss in Radiant Dawn.

(Not that I'm complaining about this. Bring all the enemy bosses IS! If you want to prioritize the female ones, that's cool too)

Edited by GrandeRampel

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I barely even remembered that Dithorba existed. When I heard about her, I assumed she was the pegasus boss from later in the chapter (who turned out to be Pamela).

Same, though it didn't help that she had a different name in the fan translations I first go to know. She's actually the mother of a Thracia character (one who I never managed to capture due to requiring to have a sleep weapon or staff saved specially for her) who could have been used as a GHB instead. She also only comes with a Silver Sword in her own game, but has a Fire Sweep Lance in Heroes. If they were going to alter her weapon they could have at least been creative and made use of her staff rank.

5 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

You joke but we already have Dithorba in Heroes. I assume Pamela, Eriu, Banba and Fotla will come too. And also Hilda and Lamia, why not.

Why? because they are female. For the same reason I also expect Sonya's sisters, Nuibaba, Ladislava and Cornelia, Sigune from FE6, the two female capture bosses from Fates, Pheros and Raimi from Awakening and that one completely forgettable female boss in Radiant Dawn.

(Not that I'm complaining about this. Bring all the enemy bosses IS! If you want to prioritize the female ones, that's cool too)

I legit want to see Sonya's sisters so we can have a high powered movement skill in Heroes. Plus their Shadows of Valentia voice actors were pretty great.

Two female capturable bosses from Fates? I'm not sure the female card goes so far as to cover Candace.

Edited by Jotari

23 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Same, though it didn't help that she had a different name in the fan translations I first go to know. She's actually the mother of a Thracia character (one who I never managed to capture due to requiring to have a sleep weapon or staff saved specially for her) who could have been used as a GHB instead. She also only comes with a Silver Sword in her own game, but has a Fire Sweep Lance in Heroes. If they were going to alter her weapon they could have at least been creative and made use of her staff rank.

I legit want to see Sonya's sisters so we can have a high powered movement skill in Heroes. Plus their Shadows of Valentia voice actors were pretty great.

Two female capturable bosses from Fates? I'm not sure the female card goes so far as to cover Candace.

And who do you think will be the GHB for the Thracia banner after the next one? They only have one remaining character who is enemy only and not completely forgettable. Heck, they might just make Misha the GHB of the next Thracia banner just to troll Raydrick fans even more.

Also, the two female Fates bosses offer and interesting dilemma. Do they prioritize the more conventionally attractive one (Daniela), or the one that is actaully popular (Candace)?

Oh well, it won't be for a while anyway. Hans and Shura will come first.

15 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

And who do you think will be the GHB for the Thracia banner after the next one? They only have one remaining character who is enemy only and not completely forgettable. Heck, they might just make Misha the GHB of the next Thracia banner just to troll Raydrick fans even more.

Also, the two female Fates bosses offer and interesting dilemma. Do they prioritize the more conventionally attractive one (Daniela), or the one that is actaully popular (Candace)?

Thracia has many allies who start as enemies. Galzus is probably the most notorious remaining one, although I'd also love Salem in any form. 

40 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

There's nothing about GHB that demands characters be enemy only. I literally just suggested they use a character that starts as an enemy (and several haven't been enemies at all). Now, the really weird thing if they had used her (name escapes me right now) would be having a Thracia GHB unit during a Genealogy Banner. I don't think they've done that before. Closest us Haar being a Radiant Unit in a Radiant Dawn banner, but using his Path of Radiance map for GHB. Though I think they have done some random GHBs between banners.

40 minutes ago, GrandeRampel said:

The former, as it's less about appealing to fans of the original games and more about picking up new fans by posting waifus on the front page (that being said, Daniela isn't all that attractive at all IMO).

24 minutes ago, Othin said:

Thracia has many allies who start as enemies. Galzus is probably the most notorious remaining one, although I'd also love Salem in any form. 

I could see Salem as a GHB easily due to the fact his map would look good in heroes.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

There's nothing about GHB that demands characters be enemy only. I literally just suggested they use a character that starts as an enemy (and several haven't been enemies at all).

The former, as it's less about appealing to fans of the original games and more about picking up new fans by posting waifus on the front page (that being said, Daniela isn't all that attractive at all IMO).

Sure, nothing demands that a GHB must be enemy only, and nothing forbids an enemy only character from being on a banner (Eldigan, Reinhardt, Ishtar, Grima, Emperor Hardin and Mustafa for example). It's just that the vast majority of enemy only characters came from GHBs, so it's expected to see them in that slot as long as viable options exist.

Daniela might not be extremely attractive, but being plus sized is almost a death sentence.

Edited by GrandeRampel

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

There's nothing about GHB that demands characters be enemy only. I literally just suggested they use a character that starts as an enemy (and several haven't been enemies at all). Now, the really weird thing if they had used her (name escapes me right now) would be having a Thracia GHB unit during a Genealogy Banner. I don't think they've done that before. Closest us Haar being a Radiant Unit in a Radiant Dawn banner, but using his Path of Radiance map for GHB. Though I think they have done some random GHBs between banners.

Misha is Dithorba's daughter. They even made sure Dithorba mentioned her by name a couple times in Heroes.

9 hours ago, Jotari said:

My only guess as to why Dithorba keeps on getting into things before actual playable characters is because 1) pegasus knight woman and 2) her daughter is an actual character in Thracia.

Still doesn't really justify it imo because in the original Genealogy she was basically devoid of personality, but I'm also not IS.

34 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

My only guess as to why Dithorba keeps on getting into things before actual playable characters is because 1) pegasus knight woman and 2) her daughter is an actual character in Thracia.

Still doesn't really justify it imo because in the original Genealogy she was basically devoid of personality, but I'm also not IS.

Granted and granted, but still, as mentioned, she's not even the most prominent Falcon Knight in the chapter she's in. And it's not like actual playable character and other Falcon Knight Misha gets much attention. Like I said, Misha could have been a GHB unit during that Genealogy banner.

20 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Granted and granted, but still, as mentioned, she's not even the most prominent Falcon Knight in the chapter she's in. And it's not like actual playable character and other Falcon Knight Misha gets much attention. Like I said, Misha could have been a GHB unit during that Genealogy banner.

Ehhh ... I highly doubt they would've done that. Misha is Thracia-exclusive, and so far Heroes hasn't shown a willingness to put Thracia-exclusive characters into Genealogy banners. More importantly, Misha is a gen 2 unit and the recent Genealogy banner was gen 1. They've yet to mix Genealogy's gen 1 and gen 2 at all. Like, ever. Even Awakening got one exception.

I think my issue with Dithorba has more to do with the fact that IS insists on shoving in unpopular (or unknown) villainous NPCs into GHBs at a point when it's becoming a question as to whether male characters who are less popular are ever going to get in once the game runs out of ladies. Sure, characters like Midir, Claud, Beowulf, Chulainn, Alec, and Noish may not be the most popular. But they are playable and I'm pretty sure most if not all of them had more votes than Dithorba. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them had more votes than Annand too. They didn't need to put Annand and Dithorba along with Erinys to force an unnecessary half-Silesia theme.

And even if they wanted to keep Annand, Dithorba should have been Chulainn or Beowulf. You know, one of the started-as-an-enemy playable characters whom you can recruit to your side. Like Jamke. Who was a GHB. There would've been room for Dithorba later because there will still be more Genealogy banners, since regular Briggid and Aideen aren't in yet, but man was putting in both Dithorba and Annand instead of actual playable characters such a waste of dudes.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Sure, characters like Midir, Claud, Beowulf, Chulainn, Alec, and Noish may not be the most popular. But they are playable and I'm pretty sure most if not all of them had more votes than Dithorba. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them had more votes than Annand too. They didn't need to put Annand and Dithorba along with Erinys to force an unnecessary half-Silesia theme.

These were Annand's and Dithorba's ranks in CYL5:

Annand: 407th (103 votes)
Dithorba: 464th (41 votes)

While the remaining Gen 1 males got:

Higher than Annand
Dew: 316th (208 votes)
Chulainn: 328th (195 votes)
Naoise: 351st (167 votes)
Midir: 388th (122 votes)

Higher than Dithorba
Beowolf: 426th (81 votes)
Claud: 434th (72 votes)

RIP Alec
Alec: 469th (36 votes)

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Ehhh ... I highly doubt they would've done that. Misha is Thracia-exclusive, and so far Heroes hasn't shown a willingness to put Thracia-exclusive characters into Genealogy banners. More importantly, Misha is a gen 2 unit and the recent Genealogy banner was gen 1. They've yet to mix Genealogy's gen 1 and gen 2 at all. Like, ever. Even Awakening got one exception.

I think my issue with Dithorba has more to do with the fact that IS insists on shoving in unpopular (or unknown) villainous NPCs into GHBs at a point when it's becoming a question as to whether male characters who are less popular are ever going to get in once the game runs out of ladies. Sure, characters like Midir, Claud, Beowulf, Chulainn, Alec, and Noish may not be the most popular. But they are playable and I'm pretty sure most if not all of them had more votes than Dithorba. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them had more votes than Annand too. They didn't need to put Annand and Dithorba along with Erinys to force an unnecessary half-Silesia theme.

And even if they wanted to keep Annand, Dithorba should have been Chulainn or Beowulf. You know, one of the started-as-an-enemy playable characters whom you can recruit to your side. Like Jamke. Who was a GHB. There would've been room for Dithorba later because there will still be more Genealogy banners, since regular Briggid and Aideen aren't in yet, but man was putting in both Dithorba and Annand instead of actual playable characters such a waste of dudes.

Yeah, I did note how putting a character from another game would be odd. It's not like Misha would even be my first choice (I obviously couldn't even remember her name), she was just an example of a character like Dithorba that is more relevant. And it's not like Dithorba is likely to generate many more sales, she was a free character and not a banner unit. I doubt there's a single person on the planet that said "Oh man I need to install Heroes and spend money pulling for other characters because I can get Dithorba for free in this game!" If they really wanted to commit to the Silesian theme then they should have given us one of Leywns uncles. You know the actual villains of the chapter. I think they would have caused much more buzz in the community as they'd be an easy to access armoured tome unit which are like an endangered species in the game. Rather than the nine hundred and tenth lance flier. Even if they make him suck he'd still be a popular unit by virtue of being the only armoured tome user people could easily merge to +10. And it's not like the series is bursting to the brim with armorued tome units he'd be stepping on the toes of.

Edited by Jotari

13 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Higher than Annand

Higher than Dithorba

RIP Alec

Lol, Alec.

But yeah, this just makes Annand and Dithorba's inclusion over literally any guy who's not Alec utterly baffling.

I don't even know if people who love Genealogy and all its characters were more excited about getting Annand and Dithorba instead of one of the remaining dudes, since it's not like Annand is a super busted unit or anything. She's kinda there to be fodder.

15 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Yeah, I did note how putting a character from another game would be odd. It's not like Misha would even be my first choice (I obviously couldn't even remember her name). And it's not like Dithorba is likely to generate many more sales, she was a free character and not a banner unit. I doubt there's a single person on the planet that said "Oh man I need to install Heroes and spend money pulling for other characters because I can get Dithorba for free in this game!" If they really wanted to commit to the Silesian theme then they should have given us one of Leywns uncles. You know the actual villains of the chapter. I think they would have caused much more buzz in the community as they'd be an easy to access armoured tome unit which are like an endangered species in the game. Rather than the nine hundred and tenth lance flier. Even if they make him suck he'd still be a popular unit by virtue of being the only armoured tome user people could easily merge to +10.

Honestly, one of Lewyn's uncles would've been okay just by virtue of being in a less saturated class. Alas, IS probably thinks unplayable evil pegasus waifu > old man with good class or actual playable male character with more votes than her, even if the unit is being given out for free.

24 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Lol, Alec.

But yeah, this just makes Annand and Dithorba's inclusion over literally any guy who's not Alec utterly baffling.

I don't even know if people who love Genealogy and all its characters were more excited about getting Annand and Dithorba instead of one of the remaining dudes, since it's not like Annand is a super busted unit or anything. She's kinda there to be fodder.

Honestly, one of Lewyn's uncles would've been okay just by virtue of being in a less saturated class. Alas, IS probably thinks unplayable evil pegasus waifu > old man with good class or actual playable male character with more votes than her, even if the unit is being given out for free.

And to make it worse, a Silesian theme was basically the one chance they had to give us Daccar or Myos as a unit. Because no way they're going to give such minor characters a spot light in some other banner. They'd also be the best chance at an actual green armoured tome user, as the only other armoured tome users in Genealogy (which is basically the only game with Armoured Tome users) are Alvis and Reptor/Blume, who will definitely be red and blue respectively, should they get in. Daccar and Myos are by far the most significant armoured tome users in the series wielding obviously green magic (if they're creative they could give us someone like Jeddah as an armoured green tome unit, but likely he'll just end up being yet another GHB  Infantry red tome unit). Well if Ditorba can get in I guess by some miracle we could see Paulus some day, though I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world who likes him, or even remembers who he is. That's the one good thing I can say about Dithtorba, she's set the bar really low for notoriety to allow more dreaming for the potential of other minor boss characters (though Paulus comes from Thracia so yeah, no serious hope there).

41 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Higher than Annand

Higher than Dithorba

RIP Alec

It's ridiculous they even put Dithorba in Choose Your Legends yet never included Daccar or Myos. Pamela wasn't even in CYL and she's a more significant character in that chapter, being the one with a history with Annand and sort of kills her. There some serious stupid bias going on with that decision. It's like including Farber (Dithorba), yet not including Cervantes (Pamela). And then not including Whalhart (Daccar and Myos) too!

Edited by Jotari

32 minutes ago, Jotari said:

It's ridiculous they even put Dithorba in Choose Your Legends yet never included Daccar or Myos. Pamela wasn't even in CYL and she's a more significant character in that chapter, being the one with a history with Annand and sort of kills her. There some serious stupid bias going on with that decision. It's like including Farber (Dithorba), yet not including Cervantes (Pamela). And then not including Whalhart (Daccar and Myos) too!

Yeah, I have no clue how they decide who to include in CYL either. I particularly "loved" how they added Gatekeeper and Abysskeeper in CYL5, but didn't add Fleche (you know, someone who played a pivotal role in Azure Moon's plot). Amazing priorities there, IS.

Oh, and when they also didn't remove Flame Emperor from the ballot when they did remove Masked Marth. Because that sure is fair.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

You know what's the really funny part? They actually had to give her a personality in Heroes because every character gets the same amount of lines. So they kept the one thing we knew about her, mainly that she is higly competitive and believies herself to be better than Pamela, Annand and Erinys, while adding that the reason she fights against Sigurd's army and betrays her queen is that she sincerely believes that Myos would be a better ruler for Silesse (which to be fair isn't false. I don't trust Lewyn to command anything, much less a kingdom. His son Ced is the only respectable member of the Forseti bloodline. Forseti himself being also a huge tool), and so supporting his ascension to the throne would be the right choice for giving her country and her daughter a better future.

Quite a bit of depth for a one line character that never got expanded in spin-offs and the like (unlike Pamela). Her, Bramimond, Altina and Mustafa are the only examples of this so far (Reinhardt, Kempf, Jorge, Merlinus, Leila and the other Mythics like Naga and Ashera already had enough characterization, so Heroes didn't really give us much more), and I really want to see more of this kind of characters getting in the game. Which is why we really need Anri, Soan and Elimine yesterday, I want to see what they come up with to give them a personality.

And also Batta the Beast, obviously.

28 minutes ago, Jotari said:

And to make it worse, a Silesian theme was basically the one chance they had to give us Daccar or Myos as a unit. Because no way they're going to give such minor characters a spot light in some other banner. They'd also be the best chance at an actual green armoured tome user, as the only other armoured tome users in Genealogy (which is basically the only game with Armoured Tome users) are Alvis and Reptor/Blume, who will definitely be red and blue respectively, should they get in. Daccar and Myos are by far the most significant armoured tome users in the series wielding obviously green magic (if they're creative they could give us someone like Jeddah as an armoured green tome unit, but likely he'll just end up being yet another GHB  Infantry red tome unit).

RIP Daccar and Myos for real. They commited the unforgivable sin of being old, which is almost worse than being men (seriously until I see Nomah, Niime, Wendell or FE6!Marcus, or at least an alt for Wrys, Gunter and Jagen I will keep believing that they straight up banned old people from getting in the game except at launch. Unless they are dragons like Bantu, Dheginsea and Gotoh. And before you mention the enemy sorcerers GHBs Iago, Gharnef, Veld and even gen 1 Manfroy and Jedah who are certainly coming still look younger than the likes of Niime and Wendell to me. I would call them middle aged. Solon is weird, I don't know how to count him).

I do believe we will revisist Silesse Gen 1 one day, tho. To give us Pamela and Lewyn's mom, not the uncles.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I have no clue how they decide who to include in CYL either. I particularly "loved" how they added Gatekeeper and Abysskeeper in CYL5, but didn't add Fleche (you know, someone who played a pivotal role in Azure Moon's plot). Amazing priorities there, IS.

Oh, and when they also didn't remove Flame Emperor from the ballot when they did remove Masked Marth. Because that sure is fair.

PREACH IT! They need to add Fleche to CYL, I even sent feedback about it. If they added more characters once they can do it again. Hopefully her, Lekain and Pamela get in next year.

And yeah, it is very weird that they treated Flame Emperor differently from Masked Marth. Hopefully they fix that too. But then again, it's not like they are going to win a CYL. Even the memers prioritized Gatekeeper and will probably spend their efforts with the likes of Abysskeeper or Acheron before considering FE.