The Insanity of a Shrimp and a Saint - A Berwick and Conquest linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

Hello, everyone, and welcome to this Insanity!

What is this, you might ask? Well, @Saint Rubenio and me will do a linked Ironman.

What does that mean exactly? Each of us will play a game, in our case he will do Conquest and i will do Berwick, with the twist being every unit is linked with a respective unit from the other game. If a unit in one game dies, then their linked unit in the other game 'dies' as well.

And since we are insane, we decided to do it with some of the hardest games!

This is gonna be a disaster for sure. but hopefully a fun one xD

TKNFALd.png

In the image you can find the linked units and the Terms. Freebies are those that don't die if their linked unit dies.

For me, i have Faye and Saphira as ''Freebies'', since they are on casual mode in Berwick until a certain point in the Story. Ruben has Niles as a Freebie so he can capture generics with him. He can capture and use as many generics as he wants.

This Thread will serve as a log more than anything, to remind us of the fun chaos and to share the idea of linked runs around! It won't be a full LP since that might be a bit too much work.

Hopefully anyone who takes a look at this Thread can enjoy the chaos with us, or start their own linked run!

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this is going to be interesting, if nothing else.

I haven't started yet, but for now, here's the Corrin that I will use. For once I'm naming him after myself, because I can't come up with anything better right now.

6bh13kki o

Maybe I'll do the Branch of Fate trick and change my boon to strong if he gains enough defense levels early on.

Also yeah, Archer. Because I'm an idiot.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ejbqduI.png

You must use Adel in this run. You must discover the beauty of Berwick Vantage. Not to mention, even if you lose him, the only one that will die in my run is Peri. I mean, pfft who cares.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

I mean, i did use him until like late game in my original run

Oh.

...But you must promote him this time around. Promoted Adel is the most epic thing. You must see it.

Wow, this Sems like double the pun. Uh, I mean fun... yeah. 

Also, quick question. If Rubie captures a linked recruitable, e.g Candace, and just leaves them in the prison while working on another capturables recruitment, does the linked unit, in this case Ruben's domme Sylvis suffer any repercussions? i.e. Is Sylvis frozen while Candace is in jail?

5 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Also, quick question. If Rubie captures a linked recruitable, e.g Candace, and just leaves them in the prison while working on another capturables recruitment, does the linked unit, in this case Ruben's domme Sylvis suffer any repercussions? i.e. Is Sylvis frozen while Candace is in jail?

nope. Would be too much xD

Same if some of my units get captured. Aslong as they aren't dead, their linked unit is fine

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Butterman...!? Not here, not now!

7 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Ruben's domme Sylvis

Why you little-- That's not...

8 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Ahh, I'm glad that no matter the context, the Butterman is as evil as ever.

But he said not to act like you've won, you could respect his final wishes at least

Anyway, what a coincidence. I've also done a map.

...Six maps, to be precise. I'm up to chapter 7 now. I did the trick I mentioned earlier and changed my boon to strong, because I feel like a strong archer is a good archer.

T99qtue4 o

I have also come up with a proper name for the man. He looks like an elf, he's green like Luigi and he'll wield a bow like Luigi in the new Mario and Rabbids. Thus, Elfuigi.

And with that, chapter 7 ends with no casualties. Elfuigi reaches level 10, which means he's now free to...

Rsqtjsto o

Embrace the art of archery! He's exactly fast enough to double every single enemy in the next map, so that's epic. I'm not sure if I'll pick up Mozu while I wait for Shrimpy or leave that for later. I'll decide after lunch time.

And i just finished Chapter 1 with the 2 sidequests

Surprise so far is Christine, she's much better than my original run (then again i also know much more about the game)

Ruby useless as usual and she actually almost died

Dunno if i will do ch2 today, but definetly not before the direct

Edited by Shrimperor

And i just finished Chapter 1 with the 2 sidequests

Surprise so far is Christine, she's much better than my original run (then again i also know much more about the game)

Christine is awesome.

Ruby useless as usual and she actually almost died

You want to use her, man. Free Clifford!

...wait, no, she's linked to Soleil-- Stay away from her...!

Dunno if i will do ch2 today, but definetly not before the direct

That's okay, at least I can now advance a couple more chapters.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Let's count it together with 9

So the infamous Berwick snow map is linked together with Fuga's Wild Ride.

Godspeed my friends. Godspeed.

This sounds hilarious, hopefully Ruben can keep his deaths on the low side this time. Also, idk if you will be able to but I think some more details on how the runs are going could be fun. For example, who killed the boss, what did you miss, surprise mvps etc.

Okay, so, chapter 8 is done. I had a very Ruben idea to dash forward with Silas carrying Elise so I could freeze the soldier before he reached the village. When Flora froze him, I was still feeling confident. I had gone a long way, I was sure Elise could reach after a quick swap.

Then I checked the range and Elise couldn't reach. And Felicia was too far away. So the soldier reached the village and plopped 5 enemies on top of me. I panicked a bit and retreated, then began to pick off enemies... Except I couldn't pick off enough. One fighter survived. Felicia was forced to heal Elfuigi in roder to avoid the quickest run end in the history of Ironmanning.

Aaaaaand then the fighter decapitated Niles, which means I've lost Niles, Nina, Haitaka, Kumagera, Candace, Nichol and all of my freebie generics.

...I think my only consolation is that I look forward to Shrimpy's reaction to this. His blood's going to fucking freeze lol.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

And now Mozu's paralogue is also done. Now I must wait for Shrimpy to resurface and beat chapter 2.

Ymnxwxof o

This is what things are looking like right now @Shrimperor

...Yeah. I know.

Edited by Saint Rubenio