The Insanity of a Shrimp and a Saint - A Berwick and Conquest linked Ironman!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He never reappears, but he doesn't end up in the graveyard. Your call.

if i don't kill him, you can have Mozu, if i have to kill him somehow, Mozu ded

You are doing Conquest 10 tomorrow, right? Yup, some units gonna die...

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so, chapter 8 is done. I had a very Ruben idea to dash forward with Silas carrying Elise so I could freeze the soldier before he reached the village. When Flora froze him, I was still feeling confident. I had gone a long way, I was sure Elise could reach after a quick swap.

Then I checked the range and Elise couldn't reach. And Felicia was too far away. So the soldier reached the village and plopped 5 enemies on top of me. I panicked a bit and retreated, then began to pick off enemies... Except I couldn't pick off enough. One fighter survived. Felicia was forced to heal Elfuigi in roder to avoid the quickest run end in the history of Ironmanning.

Aaaaaand then the fighter decapitated Niles, which means I've lost Niles, Nina, Haitaka, Kumagera, Candace, Nichol and all of my freebie generics.

...I think my only consolation is that I look forward to Shrimpy's reaction to this. His blood's going to fucking freeze lol.

Bwahahahahahah. 

Niles, more like Bye-byeles. 

Also you managed to make Christine the first Death in a Berwick ironman again, and you werent even playing Berwick this time. 

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Dude, if I can get 6 units killed in friggin chapter 8, imagine what I could manage in the defense map. Without Haitaka, too. Jesus fuck...

8 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Bwahahahahahah. 

Aarrrgh, why do I keep doing this to myself...

8 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Also you managed to make Christine the first Death in a Berwick ironman again, and you werent even playing Berwick this time. 

You'd almost believe I hate her. But I don't. That's the worst part.

12 minutes ago, Pengaius said:

Bwahahahahahah. 

XD
Honestly, I always thought Mangs was the worst FE player I knew.  But now I'm starting to rethink this...

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dude, if I can get 6 units killed in friggin chapter 8, imagine what I could manage in the defense map.

Time for 100% maximum no chill Ruben, ok?

Also, Tonics Tonics Tonics

Chapter 10 is where i usually first reset on a conquest run, or it's where i first lost a unit in my ironman back then because i forgot to equip a def sword.

Be careful

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Dude, if I can get 6 units killed in friggin chapter 8, imagine what I could manage in the defense map. Without Haitaka, too. Jesus fuck...

BOLD PREDICTION: You get a Game Over there.

Edited by Shadow Mir

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

XD
Honestly, I always thought Mangs was the worst FE player I knew.  But now I'm starting to rethink this...

Depends if we are talking about the worst FE player or the "worst" FE player.

I haven't actually dug into the shit he did myself, but Deltre saw it fit to call him a "monster". So it has to be pretty nasty.

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Depends if we are talking about the worst FE player or the "worst" FE player.

I haven't actually dug into the shit he did myself, but Deltre saw it fit to call him a "monster". So it has to be pretty nasty.

That bad, huh? I really want the deets now.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Time for 100% maximum no chill Ruben, ok?

Every time I do that the most absurd things happen and I get killed anyway. Have I ever told you how I lost Hugh in my FE6 run? Utterly ridiculous, I tell you.

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Also, Tonics Tonics Tonics

Chapter 10 is where i usually first reset on a conquest run, or it's where i first lost a unit in my ironman back then because i forgot to equip a def sword.

Be careful

What do you mean, tonics tonics? I'm already down 5000 bucks compared to the average run, I cannot afford tonics tonics. Maybe tonics, but not tonics tonics 

11 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

BOLD PREDICTION: You get a Game Over there.

This is likely.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That bad, huh? I really want the deets now.

Yeah, but not here, if you please. Take that to PMs.

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

don't turn this into a discussion about who who shall not be named

Oh yeah, of course. Sorry.

So uuuhhhh... Ruben bad because Christine dead.

Edited by BrightBow

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Please don't take away Leon, Elbert and Larentia away from me tomorrow XD

Especially Leon and Elbert will hurt really hard

I will sleep now so that I may be well rested, my brain at full power and my strategies on point.

Perhaps I will only lose half the army in the defense chapter.

42 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I don’t know if you did this before, but not doing it is a very Ruben thing to do so I will mention it anyway: use Camilla in that map. She obliterates the pegs on that map and makes it much more bearable. Being Ruben, you might have just had her sit in the corner before or something, but she is very useful there and won’t take up a deployment slot.

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I don’t know if you did this before, but not doing it is a very Ruben thing to do so I will mention it anyway: use Camilla in that map. She obliterates the pegs on that map and makes it much more bearable. Being Ruben, you might have just had her sit in the corner before or something, but she is very useful there and won’t take up a deployment slot.

I am not insane enough to face chapter 10 without Camilla. I'll bench her afterwards, but she's kinda vital there.

I haven't played Conquest so idk what horrors awaits you but good luck, if I am already not too late. And RIP Christine in another Berwick run, hopefully Shrimperor will have enough units remaining at endgame to not do a lord only run.

lol I actually failed to realize I had to play chapters 8 and 9 yesterday. So I'm actually a bit behind, I gotta play 9 before Shrimpers can proceed. It's gonna hurt to kill Haitaka, but... oh well. I suppose it might be interesting to know how some people beat that map without his defense rallies.

All right, chapter 9 is beat. It went smoothly, no casualties or close calls. However, I forgot that without Niles, I couldn't open both chests, so I opened the brass naginata chest without thinking and lost the rescue staff. Oof.

Also, I have decided to have Elfuigi marry Azura, because that's the only way that he marries without it being a complete waste. Especially now that my preferred partner for Azura is dead and I might actually use Shigure for once.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lol I actually failed to realize I had to play chapters 8 and 9 yesterday. So I'm actually a bit behind, I gotta play 9 before Shrimpers can proceed. It's gonna hurt to kill Haitaka, but... oh well. I suppose it might be interesting to know how some people beat that map without his defense rallies.

I beat Conquest Lunatic chapter 10 without healers and and rallies (Haitaka was killed in Percy's paralogue). AMA

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How

Just use Odin, bro