The Insanity of a Shrimp and a Saint - A Berwick and Conquest linked Ironman!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's... A good option with nosferatu at this stage of the game, but he's no powerhouse.

Nosferatu Odin can take care of the left side, leaving the rest of your army to do defend the center and right side. Silas becomes a powerhouse if your avatar gets to less than half health, so try to tank a few hits with them.

Shrimpy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO RUBEN YOU MUST NEVER USE DEFENSE STANCE IT'S TERRIBLE, YOU MUST ALWAYS DO ATTACK STANCE TO KILL THE ENEMY BEFORE THEY KILL YOU

Defense stance: Saves the run by keeping Odin from dying and letting the enemy take the lose tiles in the final turn.

Sooo yeah. Silas took care of the left side to the best of his ability (and a bit of help from Elise) until he almost died, Odin and Nyx handled the right, Camilla flew around and gave me gray hairs every time I had to gamble the run on her 87~ chances against the pegasus knights, and everyone else did whatever they could at the south until Takumi did the funny. Then a group consisting of Effie, Effie's pair-up bot, Selena and Beruka were stuck near the central ballista and each almost died (but didn't because the paired up pegasus were more interested in the lose tiles), while the rest of the army scrambled to defend the lose tiles for the last two turns. Odin just barely avoided death because Nyx's super duper blue shields movement whose name I don't know was fully charged when he finally ran out of health to tank.

And then we won.

Holy fucking shit, that was intense.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Shrimpy: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO RUBEN YOU MUST NEVER USE DEFENSE STANCE IT'S TERRIBLE, YOU MUST ALWAYS DO ATTACK STANCE TO KILL THE ENEMY BEFORE THEY KILL YOU

Defense stance: Saves the run by keeping Odin from dying and letting the enemy take the lose tiles in the final turn.

Sooo yeah. Silas took care of the left side to the best of his ability (and a bit of help from Elise) until he almost died, Odin and Nyx handled the right, Camilla flew around and gave me gray hairs every time I had to gamble the run on her 87~ chances against the pegasus knights, and everyone else did whatever they could at the south until Takumi did the funny. Then a group consisting of Effie, Effie's pair-up bot, Selena and Beruka were stuck near the central ballista and each almost died (but didn't because the paired up pegasus were more interested in the lose tiles), while the rest of the army scrambled to defend the lose tiles for the last two turns. Odin just barely avoided death because Nyx's super duper blue shields movement whose name I don't know was fully charged when he finally ran out of health to tank.

And then we won.

Holy fucking shit, that was intense.

Basically, when a unit is paired up, every time they attack or are attacked, two shields are generated. When they have 10 shields, the next enemy attack is guarded. It also prevents enemy dual strikes. The long and short of it is that pair up and attack stance both have their uses.

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Basically, when a unit is paired up, every time they attack or are attacked, two shields are generated. When they have 10 shields, the next enemy attack is guarded. It also prevents enemy dual strikes. The long and short of it is that pair up and attack stance both have their uses.

Thanks, but I know how it works. I don't know what it's called.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Thanks, but I know how it works. I don't know what it's called.

It's called a dual guard.

And finished 3-Main without any losses and finished the citizen quests. Didn't even kill Esteban so Mozu is safe

As much as i say i love this map and how it's one of my fav. in Berwick...

This was, without a doubt, one of the most horrible FE experiences ever, thanks to RNG.

Missing every 80, every 2nd 90, Reese got critted on turn 2 and the run almost ended, Dean almost got Izerna killed when he missed a double 80, i did a oopsie with Clifford and almost lost him, too, got hit by way too many 10s, etc.

I wanted to finish chapter 3 whole today, but after this i need a break

Edited by Shrimperor

and completely finished chapter 3

aside from being omega triggered by RNG, everything went smoothly and nobody died. Well, i couldn't get the bounty on 3-2, so that's sad life

hightlight:

uKVibBW.png

@Saint Rubenio you can finally continue 😛 

Edited by Shrimperor

43 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

@Saint Rubenio you can finally continue 😛 

Excellent! I'll do it tomorrow, though. I don't think I want to do the linked Ironman while I'm sleepy. That's just asking for people to die.

34 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

she only got hit once and that one time it didn't proc shield....

And i forgot it's required for promotion....

<.<

Ruby's shield rank is weird. Her growth is so high that she gets a ton of points in no time at all. On the other hand, actively trying to get her hit runs counter to your every instinct as a player. Or, well, at least it should.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yup. Especially with her stats

Although her def isn't that bad, but with 0 shield skill...

To be fair, she doesn't need to use the shield to get shield points. She just needs to have it equipped, much like you can get weapon skill points after missing. Still, best get to grinding that shield rank early on, when you can still find enemies that don't do too much damage to her.

Chapter 11 is over. Azama worried me, but nosferatu and wise use of defense stance with Nyx allowed Odin to wipe the floor with the entire room of mages on his own. Actually, he solo'd the fighters too. Good ol' Odin. I just hope he doesn't fall off so hard this time around. As for the rest of the team, Mozu hits the bench because she's utterly worthless, and Selena and Beruka join the group.

In other news, Arthur and Effie have married, which means I get to bench Arthur whenever I need it.

Well, i finished Ch4 with no losses. Wasn't able to gel all the loot tho because i didn't want to try my luck with RNG

Especially after Aegina missed a 99 lol.

I also didn't do Thaddy's mission, because, well, Niles is dead. 

Now i wait for Ruben

Okay, so I have beaten chapter 12. Everything was under control until Effie missed an 82. Then it became impossible to kill Saizo, due to defense stance, so he just walked up to wounded, silenced Odin and destroyed him. Then I made the blunder of the century, by misclicking and having Felicia drop Peri to safety instead of the other way around. I was forced to use both Azura and Kaze to save Felicia and block the point that I intended to cover with Peri. This resulted in Mozu dying too. Mozu is useless, though, so nobody cares.

Oof for Enid, though.8w37qelt o

I like how Shrimpy has yet to lose anyone and meanwhile I've already killed four of his units.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oof for Enid, though

Yeah, that's the real loss here F

The freaking Lance Knights late game will be a pain

Oh well, i can give the Magic potion to Aegina and the other one to Simpette so she isn't one point away from one shotting everyone.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I like how Shrimpy has yet to lose anyone and meanwhile I've already killed four of his units.

I have a feeling when i lose someone it's gonna end the Run...

like i almost lost Reese in both 3-main and 4-main, and Ward got critted on both, too xD

Edited by Shrimperor

I can't continue playing right now. I am exhausted for absolutely no reason because I've done nothing all day, and it makes me play even worse than usual. If I keep going I'll just kill half the army. So yeah. You're gonna have to wait until tomorrow to keep going Shrimpy.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can't continue playing right now. I am exhausted for absolutely no reason because I've done nothing all day, and it makes me play even worse than usual. If I keep going I'll just kill half the army. So yeah. You're gonna have to wait until tomorrow to keep going Shrimpy.

npnp. I didn't plan on playing much more today anyway

Rest well!

Edited by Shrimperor

Chapter 13 is over. I lost Elise because Charlotte decided to miss a 77. Which admittedly, was pretty shaky, I shouldn't have risked that, but oh well. Elise is useless anyway, and her tied unit on Shrimp's team is a freebie, so who cares. I'll post the updated image later. For now, it's on top chapter 14.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter 13 is over. I lost Elise because Charlotte decided to miss a 77. Which admittedly, was pretty shaky, I shouldn't have risked that, but oh well. Elise is useless anyway, and her tied unit on Shrimp's team is a freebie, so who cares. I'll post the updated image later. For now, it's on top chapter 14.

What makes you say Elise is useless? Because she's the best staffer in the game, and one of the few magic users in all of Fates that is actually worth anything. Also, still think everyone is usable in Conquest?

Edited by Shadow Mir