The Insanity of a Shrimp and a Saint - A Berwick and Conquest linked Ironman!

Shrimpica

Oh my god

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I think my only consolation is that I look forward to Shrimpy's reaction to this. His blood's going to fucking freeze lol.

Oh well i already knew it was gonna be a short run xD

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Oh my god

I wanted to ask, what do I do now? I had the idea to replace Haitaka, Kumagera, Candace and Nichol with proper child units (because otherwise this one mistake has cost me like 12 characters and I think that's too much), but I'm not sure if that's fair, considering the spirit of this challenge.

I don't know. I honestly wasn't expecting to lose this badly in no time at all. I have no idea what to think.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Haitaka, Kumagera, Candace and Nichol with proper child units (because otherwise this one loss has cost me like 12 characters and I think that's too much)

you know what? go for it. We don't want to lose and get softlocked 3 chapters in xD

Upmmf4qc o

So, my idea for this was as follows: Since the four linked units of these guys are mercs, and thus haven't fully died (they're just unrecruitable), I was thinking, if I screw up yet again and lose them, that's it, you lose the linked unit as well. As a means to make this seem more like a fair adjustment and less like life support for Ruben.

I completely understand if you'd rather think of it as the latter, though. I've already cost you a ton of units lol

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

We really should've tried this with easier games like FE5 and FE8 first or something xD

We're doing this, goddamnit. We're winning or we'll die trying.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was thinking, if I screw up yet again and lose them, that's it, you lose the linked unit as well.

So i get double punished for your mistakes, eh?

sounds fair, i am in xD

Edited by Shrimperor

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

So i get double punished for your mistakes, eh?

Yes, that's... that's basically it.

sounds fair, i am in xD

The things I do to get you to replay Berwick...

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, so, chapter 8 is done. I had a very Ruben idea to dash forward with Silas carrying Elise so I could freeze the soldier before he reached the village. When Flora froze him, I was still feeling confident. I had gone a long way, I was sure Elise could reach after a quick swap.

Then I checked the range and Elise couldn't reach. And Felicia was too far away. So the soldier reached the village and plopped 5 enemies on top of me. I panicked a bit and retreated, then began to pick off enemies... Except I couldn't pick off enough. One fighter survived. Felicia was forced to heal Elfuigi in roder to avoid the quickest run end in the history of Ironmanning.

Aaaaaand then the fighter decapitated Niles, which means I've lost Niles, Nina, Haitaka, Kumagera, Candace, Nichol and all of my freebie generics.

...I think my only consolation is that I look forward to Shrimpy's reaction to this. His blood's going to fucking freeze lol.

Conquest is totally the best game to Ironman, guys!

Uh, lemme check something. . .nope, it's not against the rules to shoot yourselves in the foot repeatedly in this subforum.  Good luck you two, you'll need it.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Ruby useless as usual and she actually almost died

Such heinous slander against the best knight...I should probably get back to my own Berwick ironman...

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aaaaaand then the fighter decapitated Niles, which means I've lost Niles, Nina, Haitaka, Kumagera, Candace, Nichol and all of my freebie generics.

...Wow, you didn't even get a chapter out of Niles...rip all the capturable units 😞

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Uh, lemme check something. . .nope, it's not against the rules to shoot yourselves in the foot repeatedly in this subforum. 

Maybe it should be, for the sake of irresponsible fools such as Shrimpy if nothing else.

Seriously, what kind of madman puts the lives of his troops at MY mercy?! Me, of all people!?

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Good luck you two, you'll need it.

Thanks! It's already gone to shit, but we're still standing. Just about.

Just now, Eltosian Kadath said:

...Wow, you didn't even get a chapter out of Niles...rip all the capturable units 😞

Hey, it's not all bad. Now I can use Shigure. Woo... hoo...

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Maybe it should be, for the sake of irresponsible fools such as Shrimpy if nothing else.

Seriously, what kind of madman puts the lives of his troops at MY mercy?! Me, of all people!?

But I'd also have to warn myself, because writing about characters who I know nothing about canonically is, uh, well. . .yeah.

I think your run's plenty doable, as long as you're willing to class-change Camilla and burn and Arms Scroll on her, in that order.  Tee-hee~!

Just now, eclipse said:

But I'd also have to warn myself, because writing about characters who I know nothing about canonically is, uh, well. . .yeah.

We're all just a bunch of sinners in the end, aren't we? Oh, well...

Just now, eclipse said:

I think your run's plenty doable,

Eyyy, thanks for the vote of confidence--

Just now, eclipse said:

as long as you're willing to class-change Camilla and burn and Arms Scroll on her, in that order.  Tee-hee~!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Shrimpy should count his lucky stars I cannot send her to her untimely demise because I wouldn't want to deprive him of Larentia. To hell with her, I'm using Beruka instead. Beruka is cool, unlike her.

...Someone save me from myself...!

10 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Such heinous slander against the best knight..

ok, serious question: did you actually get a use out of her? Aside from recruiting her father?

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Uh, lemme check something. . .nope, it's not against the rules to shoot yourselves in the foot repeatedly in this subforum.  Good luck you two, you'll need it.

Thanks thanks!

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Shrimpy should count his lucky stars I cannot send her to her untimely demise because I wouldn't want to deprive him of Larentia. To hell with her, I'm using Beruka instead. Beruka is cool, unlike her.

AgfQm1A.png

NKgfAHf.png

Chapter 2 currently going well and Adel keeps getting speed

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Someone save me from myself...!

Camilla's a damn good combat unit, but I think Beruka will work for this as well, as long as you promote her in time, promote her to the correct class, and swap her to lances immediately, in that order.  If she can hit D lances by a certain point in the game, I think she can pull the same cheese as Camilla.

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

ok, serious question: did you actually get a use out of her? Aside from recruiting her father?

She's legit great in his current run. And, actually, she was legit great in my last run, too!

35 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

NKgfAHf.png

Chapter 2 currently going well and Adel keeps getting speed

S P E A R   P O I N T S

That's the main highlight here, nobody cares about speed.

33 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Camilla's a damn good combat unit, but I think Beruka will work for this as well, as long as you promote her in time, promote her to the correct class, and swap her to lances immediately, in that order.  If she can hit D lances by a certain point in the game, I think she can pull the same cheese as Camilla.

Hmmm... Duly noted. I'll keep it in mind if I make it five more chapters with enough units for full deployment.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

XD

1 hour ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

The only real loss there is that he can't get Nina now.

MWugd24.png

Adel with the Spear Skill Speed combo, again!

Well, i cleared chapter 2 (including sidequests) without any loses of my own, however...

37 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

The only real loss there is that he can't get Nina now.

yfZPpO7.png

And no Nina means Christine had to suicide....

Which also means i can't get Esteban, lol.

Unless the game makes someone replace her?

Inb4 i have to kill him and remove Mozu from Ruben. Not like he was gonna use her anyway.

I am trying to get some use out of Sherlock. He is just way too blind...

Anyway, next Chapter is one of my favs, and is where i think i will lose my first unit

Edited by Shrimperor

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Inb4 i have to kill him and remove Mozu from Ruben. Not like he was gonna use her anyway.

Good to know I gave her a few levels for no reason.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

am trying to get some use out of Sherlock. He is just way too blind...

He starts blind, but believe me, if you stick with him the man becomes a monster.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Anyway, next Chapter is one of my favs, and is where i think i will lose my first unit

Chapter or map? You know how it is with this game...

Chapter or map? You know how it is with this game...

map, i mean, map xD

The Three Priests

Good to know I gave her a few levels for no reason

Well, i will try not to kill him. If i finish the map fast enough i should be able to not kill him, so even if i don't get him, you can still have Mozu

Unless he dies if you don't Christine him, in which case it's also on you xD

10 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

map, i mean, map xD

The Three Priests

Ahh, you already beat the two sidequests, then.

Yeah, Three Priests is awesome. Then tomorrow I get to progress a bit further and kill another 8 units!

Well, i will try not to kill him. If i finish the map fast enough i should be able to not kill him, so even if i don't get him, you can still have Mozu

Unless he dies if you don't Christine him, in which case it's also on you xD

He never reappears, but he doesn't end up in the graveyard. Your call.

Edited by Saint Rubenio