Self-insert yourself as a Hero!

Xenomata

Something fun to do while this game slowly progresses towards a dumpster fire that slowly overtakes the land itself, lets insert ourselves as premium heroes in the game!

Seeing as how certain recent units clearly have no limits to how stacked they can be, go nuts. No limits, no reason to question if you'll actually be good in your chosen role, just become the god that this world clearly needs.
Remember you have access to the following:

• A Prf weapon, which has one stat-boosting effect (+3 to ether Atk/Spd/Def/Res or -1 Special Cooldown being the most common effects) and somewhere in the ballpark of 2-4 effects, usually with two trigger conditions, the most common and primary being "If unit initiates combat" or "if foe initiates combat", as well as secondary conditions like If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, if unit's HP or foes HP are above or below certain thresholds, and if Bonuses or Penalties are active on unit. Keep in mind this is in addition to effects common to the weapon type, such as the [Dagger 7] effect or "Effective against Fliers" on all bows. Some weapons in recent times slot different effects to trigger under differing conditions.
  • A Prf skill, further complimenting the units primary role in life. There isn't really a "rule" here, though if it helps the most common slot that Prf skills have been assigned to is the B passive slot.
  • If you choose to be a Duo or Harmonic Hero, you get a Duo or Harmonic skill to use as well. I don't know how the Harmonic effect would work since none of us are technically from any game... would we just grant our benefits to other self-inserts? ANYWAY, if you go this route, go ahead and specify how you further ruin the game! Also specify your partner in crime.

For your 5* lv40 stat totals, just list the numbers and any superassets/flaws, don't worry about BST or growths.
I'll consider coming up with a title and description optional.

After all, when hell itself comes out to play, sometimes the best solution is to load up a shotgun and head out to solve the problem yourself!

(I actually remember making a similar topic years ago, back when the most fearsome units in the game were Reinhardt and Brave Lyn with a Firesweep/Brave Bow... ah good times...)

[note to self: come up with a self-insert later]

Edited by Xenomata

mmh interesting, i'm giving it a try

Monk from Afar
Mike

Lance Infantry

HP: 41 +
Atk: 38 -
Spd: 38 +
Def: 36 -
Res: 24 
+ = superboon
- = superbane (don't know how they work, sorry if they don't make sense)

Weapon: Spiritual Spear
16 Mt, +3 Res.
If unit's HP is equal to/higher than 50%, grants +4 Atk/Spd/Def/Res to unit during combat, and also if unit is exactly 2 spaces away from an ally, grants Dodge to unit during combat.
If unit's HP is equal to/higher than 25% and is adjacent to an ally, grants +3 Atk/Spd/Def/Res to adjacent allies during combat: if an ally engages combat, unit takes 4 damage after ally's combat.

Special Skill: Glacies
A Skill: Spd/Res Unity
B Skill (Personal): Protect what Matters

Reduces damage from foe's first attack by X during combat. (X = 25% x number of allies within 2 spaces, max 75%)
If unit's HP is lower than 25% and is not adjacent to an ally, unit recovers 50% HP at start of turn.
C Skill: Rouse Spd/Res

maybe this would end up being broken, maybe it wouldn't, but i had fun trying to come up with how i would work as a FEH character anyway

Edited by Yexin

I'll use the name I've always used as my strategist name since childhood for all my FE playthroughs.

Solitary Strategist

Tenk

Class: Sword Infantry

• HP: 39 (Superbane)
  • ATK: 38 
  • SPD: 40 (Superboon)
  • DEF: 33 (Superboon)
  • RES: 26

Weapon: Wanderer's Blade: At start of combat, if unit's HP > 25% or unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants special cooldown charge +1 per attack, unit attacks twice and can make a followup attack before foe can counterattack. And also, when unit deals damage to foe during combat, restores 5 HP to unit. (Triggers even if 0 damage is dealt.)

Special: Shieldbreaker (Cooldown: 2): Boosts damage dealt by 40% of unit's Spd, Disables non-Special skills that "reduce damage by X%.

A Skill: Distant Counter

B Skill: Hero's Shroud: If unit's HP > 50% or unit is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Spd+7 to unit during combat, neutralizes effects that prevent unit's follow-up attacks during combat. and also, if unit's Spd > foe's Spd, reduces damage from attacks during combat and from area-of-effect Specials (excluding Røkkr area-of-effect Specials) by percentage = difference between stats × 4 (max 40%). After combat inflicts, Special cooldown count+1 on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions. (No effect on Special cooldown counts already at maximum.)

C Skill: Rouse ATK/SPD 3

Relatively straightforward unit here. He attacks something? It dies. He punches through armor with his shieldbreaker special for purposes of destroying armor. The cooldown charge allows him to trigger his special twice and punch through the guard effect on armors. He loses out on null followup, but it's exchanged for the damage reduction effect for mixed phase synergy with DC and the self healing from attacks. More or less guaranteeing at least 10 HP per fight as long as he doesn't oneshot his opponent. And he's got pulse smoke as the icing on the cake, denying specials on the opponent's first enemy phase attack and setting up for his 4 blows of death.

His most glaring weaknesses are his lack of Canto, Guard and Null-C-Disrupt. But he does half the one half of Null Followup that allows him to quad any opponent consecutively or force a speed check that he will most likely win. I was going to try to fit in ability that reset the WTA to neutral against blue opponents, but there was no more room and it would have just busted him given his current set.

So in a Nutshell all of my abilities here.

• DC
  • Dual Phase Breath
  • Dual Phase Brave Effect
  • Dive Bomb
  • Heal on Hit Effect
  • Atk/Spd+7
  • Damage Reduction
  • Half of Null-FollowUp
  • Pulse Smoke

Do I win?

Funnily enough I made a meme for the artists around of this exact thing a little while ago. :>  (no shade - just amused that we're thinking along the same lines.)

5fc52475ad8798a847023cc9df884e28dfaa4003

Gamplay-wise, the idea is for something along the lines of b!Claude in terms of a semi-fragile dance of omnitanking self-sustain, echoing FE13's nosferatsu spam. Hilariously this was made slightly before the current powercreep wave so this alone looks like it's not up to snuff in some ways, lol.

( if anyone likes to draw, here's the blank template for your free use.)

ee3a48d84a743f522fe336fe07aa607e8fd6caa4