I wish for a Fire Emblem 6,7,8 remastered....

thanhharu

Man, seeing Advance Wars and Metroid remastered just reminded how much I longed for a Fire Emblem 6,7,8 remastered.

Is there anyone who feel the same way? FE 6,7,8 were my entries games to the franchise and they are by far the best for me. I just couldn't get over that sprite art style and the top-notch animation at the time.

I really curious if there's anyone who feel the same way as me.

Cheers.

maxresdefault.jpg

More like overhauled, there's a lot that needs to be fixed (mine glitch, I'm looking at you).  Anyway, moved to somewhere more appropriate.

31 minutes ago, eclipse said:

More like overhauled, there's a lot that needs to be fixed (mine glitch, I'm looking at you).  Anyway, moved to somewhere more appropriate.

Broke: Fixing the Mine Glitch, so that the game plays the way the developers intended.

Woke: Retaining the Mine Glitch, so that the player has the same options they had in the original release.

Bespoke: Letting the enemies abuse the Mine Glitch to control player unit AI, so that the game plays the way Kaga would have made it.

Anyway, this would be really cool to see. A full-on remake of the Elibe games, combined, would come across as great to me - and featuring Sacred Stones would just be cherries on top. The biggest boon would be having FE6 in an official English translation. On the flip side, a smaller-scale remaster - say, with some minor fixes, but not the fixes of modern games - would probably allow for a shorter development window and lower price point. Which are their own benefits.

Also, I'm curious - where did you get that picture from? It appears to depict a promoted Eliwood (with Durandal) fighting morph-Darin (with Rex Hasta) in the final chapter of FE7, but the background is different (brown-colored stone tiles rather than green), and fog-of-war is present. Not sure if this was a trait of the Japanese release, or of a "beta version" of the game.

• 3 weeks later...

I guess I'm a little late, but this is the most recent topic in this sub-forum... I'd rather see Nintendo sink time into other things. There are some other entries that need it far more for other reasons. An FE6 overhaul might be nice if only to see it released outside of Japan, but I find that the GBA games have aged fairly well outside of a few small irritants. There have been quality of life patches that have fixed several of those things, so the only things that remains that I can think of are irritating AI quirks that can result in the player being unable to recruit units, perform certain objectives, or just losing maps entirely. I don't think that the mine glitch is a notable problem. It's abusable to be sure, but it's also easy to avoid. I don't see it affecting anyone negatively unless they feel that they have to play optimally in a way that fundamentally breaks the games.

Edited by samthedigital

On 6/17/2021 at 8:43 PM, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

o, I'm curious - where did you get that picture from? It appears to depict a promoted Eliwood (with Durandal) fighting morph-Darin (with Rex Hasta) in the final chapter of FE7, but the background is different (brown-colored stone tiles rather than green), and fog-of-war is present. Not sure if this was a trait of the Japanese release, or of a "beta version" of the game

It appears to be from a hack. It looks like darin had more then 60 max HP, which he does Not in hhm. Furthermore, just under "Eliwood's" Japanese name, there is part of a forest tile visible.

Edited by Hello72207

• 1 month later...

Wholeheartedly agree.

It'd be ideal for three three to be in a single package, but if this happened, it'll probably be three stand-along titles, a la fates.

I definitely want a randomizer mode of all three, on par with Circles' FE8 Rando, and as well as a Super Mario Maker-style level creation/quest mode., using the GBA games as a template.

Sure, we're being aggressive here, but hey, let's dream big over here!