Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Summer Vibrance)

Alexmender

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, Marianne is asking for all of my orbs...

Also, congrats on those who predicted Ashe! 

Also also, the alts all look phenomenal! If I wasn't trying to recoup from previous banners and save up for CYL, I'd spring for all of them. Next year, maybe...

(Also also also, is it annoying that most of the same characters that are already in the base game are getting alts? Yes. But it's not surprising either.)

Edited by Use the Falchion

I was hoping Marianne wouldn’t be the cheerleader, but whatever, I like Hilda well enough.

And as of now, Ignatz is the only non-Ashen Wolf student to be absent from the game. Maybe he’ll get in someday…

This banner is so stacked. I'd be surprised if this isn't one of their best selling banners. The thing that's baiting me the most is the Ability Doubler on Caspar. I want to give it to Ashera.

Leonie as the TT unit is cool. I don't have a high merged Colorless Bow cavalier so....

Spoiler

Summer Mercedes lol. I wonder if we'll see WhaleMaster1.

Just now, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

ASHE IN HEROES AT LAST. 😍🤩 Hold on. Does this mean EVERY STUDENT IS HERE?

We are missing Ignatz

1 minute ago, Morgan--Grandmaster said:

ASHE IN HEROES AT LAST. 😍🤩 He's so cute!!! Hold on. Does this mean EVERY STUDENT IS HERE?

Ignatz: (Weeps all the way back in Fodlan)

Anyway, this is a pretty good banner and I kinda want all of them. But I'm really low on orbs right now.

5 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

We are missing Ignatz

4 minutes ago, Jave said:

Ignatz: (Weeps all the way back in Fodlan)

Anyway, this is a pretty good banner and I kinda want all of them. But I'm really low on orbs right now.

Dang it! How dare I forget my Golden Deer good boi? 😣 Oh, I'm never going to live this one down. 

Also someone please delete my duplicate topic. I'm so sorry. By the time I posted it, this one already existed. I was only trying to help.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

Hot damn, that duo skill. I was planning on giving my orbs a chance to recover after the FE2 banner, but it looks like I won't be getting the chance.

1 minute ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I completely forgot about Duo Hindrance. 

Ooooooh, right, I'd been forgetting about that too. Well, there goes my idea of moving Fjorm to Light season.

Duo Hilda is more of an Arena unit. Being able to Isolate Azura/Sigurd/Peony if you can't bait them out, then giving your allies the Breath effect to proc your Ruptured Sky and kill them if they touch you.

Speaking of arena mister magic thunder man is getting 2 new toys lol.

It might've been because of the Kippu art (they also did Summer Linde and Summer Gunnthra), but I initially thought that Mercedes was our obligatory swimsuit dagger cav. And on a related note, it's now been seven months since IS added a dagger unit period (and that last one was freaking Memelinus too).

As for this lineup, I'll try my best to nab Hilda + Marianne and Mercedes, get the 4* focus (Caspar this time) as usual, and will not particularly give a shit about Ashe who is about to die for approximately 1 million +10 Reinhardts anyways despite my Blue Lion bias. I really don't understand why he's as popular as he is.

Hm... looks like the "common" effect of this banner will be granting a bonus to the unit and a penalty to the foe of one stat, with additional bonuses/penalties if the foe has a bonus in said stat.

~Ashe received an "advanced" variant of the effect by targeting 3 stats at the same time, and he also brings B Duel Cavalry 4 to the pool. I find it silly the devs seem to still think that Joint Hones are still valuable in any way, but whatever, Ashe looks good overall.
~IMO Mercedes got kinda shafted, all for the sake of giving her A/R Far Trace. Given she can't double the Sword Infantry, that means she won't be very fast, ergo she faces competition for high Atk/Res Red Tome Cav with Lilina. I mean, she looks stunning in her artwork, but it'll be kinda hard to justify summoning for Mercy if you already have Lilina...
~Caspar... is the demote. Brings Bonus Doubler to the 4* seasonal table, not much else to say.
~Ugh, why's Hilda the leader...? Either way, that staff looks frightening to try and deal with. Atk +6 and boosted Special Charge on foes attack to nearby allies makes her on-par with Brave Lucina, except there's no limits to who she can assist. Nudge... eh, I guess it exists for Shove on staff units and not much else. As for her Duo skill, that's frankly mean.  Her trigger range will be so massive, and it completely shuts down Restore+ staves and Dancers free of charge. They certainly know how to make an Aether Raids valued unit.
...now just give us Deep Wounds in a Duo skill and we'll be better equipped to fight Hegemon.

~Leonie is the TT freebie, and she's a Colorless Bow Cav. That... is slightly disappointing. If she does get into the game normally, that means she'll be a colored Bow most likely, meaning she won't be as good in some matchups. That'll be especially disappointing if she comes with The Inexhaustible...

Well that's certainly a summer banner. Sure I'll try to summon for someone, but I'm not that invested in any of the units present.

Free Leonie is the highlight for me! One of my 3-4 favorite characters from 3H (along with Dorothea and Shamir, both of whom I still haven't been able to get lol), and plus I have approaching 900-1000 Grails saved up so I really hope she's decent! 

Otherwise everyone here looks awesome, but with only 60 orbs and having absolutely no need for anymore 3H units from a gameplay perspective, I may try to not spend too much on this banner and just hope I get lucky and pull Hilda+Marianne in a couple circles.

Nudge's name amuses me for whatever reason. It has the effect of Shove, and its Japanese name is "Push". But no, it's really just a nudge. I swear.

Also, more Kippu art makes me happy.

11 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~Leonie is the TT freebie, and she's a Colorless Bow Cav. That... is slightly disappointing. If she does get into the game normally, that means she'll be a colored Bow most likely, meaning she won't be as good in some matchups. That'll be especially disappointing if she comes with The Inexhaustible...

Nah, regular Leonie will be a lance cavalier because Captain Jeralt.

15 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Hm... looks like the "common" effect of this banner will be granting a bonus to the unit and a penalty to the foe of one stat, with additional bonuses/penalties if the foe has a bonus in said stat.

~Ashe received an "advanced" variant of the effect by targeting 3 stats at the same time, and he also brings B Duel Cavalry 4 to the pool. I find it silly the devs seem to still think that Joint Hones are still valuable in any way, but whatever, Ashe looks good overall.
~IMO Mercedes got kinda shafted, all for the sake of giving her A/R Far Trace. Given she can't double the Sword Infantry, that means she won't be very fast, ergo she faces competition for high Atk/Res Red Tome Cav with Lilina. I mean, she looks stunning in her artwork, but it'll be kinda hard to justify summoning for Mercy if you already have Lilina...
~Caspar... is the demote. Brings Bonus Doubler to the 4* seasonal table, not much else to say.
~Ugh, why's Hilda the leader...? Either way, that staff looks frightening to try and deal with. Atk +6 and boosted Special Charge on foes attack to nearby allies makes her on-par with Brave Lucina, except there's no limits to who she can assist. Nudge... eh, I guess it exists for Shove on staff units and not much else. As for her Duo skill, that's frankly mean.  Her trigger range will be so massive, and it completely shuts down Restore+ staves and Dancers free of charge. They certainly know how to make an Aether Raids valued unit.
...now just give us Deep Wounds in a Duo skill and we'll be better equipped to fight Hegemon.

Well that's certainly a summer banner. Sure I'll try to summon for someone, but I'm not that invested in any of the units present.

Louise's seasonal being a colorless bow didn't keep her later regular version from being the same.

Of course Summer Hilda comes while I'm trying to get Nott. I'll still prioritize the Mythic unit, so she'll have to wait for a Double Special banner or next year at the worst. I hope I luck out and get her on my free summon, though. 

The banner as a whole is very predictable, so the surprises may come with the next one. As for the units themselves: 

S!Ashe has what seems to be a variant of Freyja's exclusive skill on his Prf, although it doesn't do anything for Res. It's strong for arena, but meh on AR, and even at full power I feel this is worse than Luín. Blue Cav Duel 4 means there's a not 0 chance of Reinhardt coming back to arena due to all the people that still think he's a god unit. That's good for me, he'll be a free kill for Ninja Hana. Not much to say about the other skills.Stats are real nice with 40/36/41/32/18. I give him a 6.5/10

S!Mercedes has nice art and not much else, sadly. So the new weapons are gimped versions of Binding Necklace, eh? Stealing buffs is cool and stuff, but visible buffs aren't really that common nowadays. That aside, poor Mercy is the fodder unit of the banner with her Push and Trace skill. Her stats are min-maxed as hell, but fliers don't have good skills for tanking and Mercedes Atk isn't high enough to go nuking stuff in one hit. 3/10

S!Caspar is the demote, and his class is quite saturated so he'd better have a unique stat spread unless he wants to be casted into oblivion with all the other high Hp/Atk/Def low Spd/Res axe infantries. Bonus Doubler is pretty unique fodder, but it isn't all that crazy of a skill (my Nowi uses Mirror Stance 3 more than BD for a reason). Rating pending 'till stats are shown. 

And the Duo had to be one of my favorite characters from 3H alongside her GF. Make it doubly painful as she's a premium healer which is what I need the most. Stats are alright with 39/37/40/20/25 with a very likely Spd superasset. Hilda's prf is pretty nifty, on the supportive side it gives what's essentially Drive Atk 3 and a Missiltainn (sword) effect to allies and if Hilda's not adjacent to any ally then it gives Atk/Spd solo. Nudge+ is a nice alternative to Return+ as it's a heal+Shove, but it doesn't seem quite as good for AR-D heal traps. Even Recovery is awesome like it's counterpart, but again it doesn't play well with the turn-1 kill machines on AR-D so it's better suited for arena and stuff. Duo skill is a Chill Atk-like effect and Isolation on quite a big radius every 3 turns, which is pretty nifty to shut down annoying stuff like Dancers or L!Chrom. On paper all seems pretty great, so what's the problem? For starters, despite being a Duo hero that scores on the 190 BST bin, Duo Hilda suffers from all the issues healers have in arena due to low scoring assists and specials. On AR it's worse because her skillset seems geared towards AR-O, but Duo's Hindrance invalidates a huge part of her kit. On AR-D she isn't at the same level as Sara who enables all tons of toxic stuff due to her prf. It pains me, but Duo Hilda is a 6/10 (12/10 personally because bias). 

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

It might've been because of the Kippu art (they also did Summer Linde and Summer Gunnthra), but I initially thought that Mercedes was our obligatory swimsuit dagger cav. And on a related note, it's now been seven months since IS added a dagger unit period (and that last one was freaking Memelinus too).

As for this lineup, I'll try my best to nab Hilda + Marianne and Mercedes, get the 4* focus (Caspar this time) as usual, and will not particularly give a shit about Ashe who is about to die for approximately 1 million +10 Reinhardts anyways despite my Blue Lion bias. I really don't understand why he's as popular as he is.

Ashe is a precious cinnamon roll. Don't mock my boi.

I flippin' knew they'd have Marianne and Hilda be the duo. I should've posted the guess. XD

(I haven't actually seen past the thumbnail yet; more comments to come, I'm sure.)

CASPAR IS THE DEMOTE. LEONIE IS FREE. ASHE IS IN THE GAME. I AM A HAPPY DRAGON. Aiming for Ashe, but I also want to go for Caspar (especially since Caspar should be easier to get) -- those boys have my priority.

Edited by Mercakete

SV!Hilda is nice. Sunshade Staff and Even Recovery are pretty useful. Flayn still feels a bit better though in my opinion since she can do Sabotage and is a bit more relevant with Save tank teams. I think I will still try to get two copies of SV!Hilda, one for each season, but I do not think I will bother merging her. I want to get more for Even Recovery, but I am not sure. As much as I want to run Recoveries on Flayn to help mitigate Fatal Smoke a bit, her default Ground Orders gives my Save tanks some semblance of usability, and I can actually reach Aether Structures with them. 

SV!Ashe is okay. B Duel Cavalry is nice though.

SV!Mercedes is pretty bland. AR Far Trace is not as good as SR Far Trace in my opinion. Reinhardt is not fast, but he can double super slow units with Lull Spd/Res and SR Far Trace.

SV!Caspar is decent as a demote for fodder. Bonus Doubler is pretty nice for dual phase units if you can support them with Gaps and Openings.

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

Honestly, Duo and Harmonic skills are kind of irrelevant in Aether Raids offense with Duo's Hinderance being a thing. Her main appeal is basically replicating Lucina: Brave Princess; Even Recovery is also nice, although any healer can use it so it is not unique to her.

Edited by XRay