Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Summer Vibrance)

Alexmender

12 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Ashe is a precious cinnamon roll. Don't mock my boi.

I'm not mocking him nor dislike him. I simply just don't understand the appeal.

Though if you were specifically referring to me calling him Reinhardt food, look I'm sorry. It's just fact that he's going to die a lot so Memegic Man can ascend even further. There's just no getting around that.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, yeah, still freaking out about Ashe....but maybe I should wait until he shows up on a double special banner around Christmas. I seem to typically get summer units around Christmas. I'll probably wind up sniping blue and green, even though I should just focus on green until I get Caspar and then wait for the double special. ... But...Ashe. 🥺

Dang. I had Ashe, Caspar, and Mercedes coming, and I had Marianne as well, but I thought for sure Male Byleth might tag along. And I didn't expect Marianne to be the cheerleader, I thought she'd be the lead if she was part of a Duo. And on that note, how dare they put Hilda ahead of Marianne, like, seriously. That's dumb. Marianne should be the lead. Oh well.

Happy to see Ashe, he's one of my favorite TH characters.
I'm happy to see Marianne, even if she is wrongly relegated to cheering duty...although I do have a negative thought here since we only just got her base version, and are getting her Brave version later this year. But, she's another TH favorite.
And then there's Mercedes, another favorite! Happy for her.

If I had more orbs I might actually try summoning someone from this banner. But, alas, I must restock and save.

I don't get why people are upset at Marianne not being the lead unit. She got into the game more recently than Hilda, she has a brave version coming, and she's much more shy, reserved, and reclusive than Hilda is. Plus, Hilda ranks higher than Marianne does (being the lieutenant for the Golden Deer house, and just in terms of the in-world social hierarchy, just because most people don't know about Marianne's bloodline and such.) The most important point, I think, is that Hilda would totally drag Marianne along; the other way around wouldn't make sense, despite Hilda's propensity for getting others to do work for her. And from what I could hear in the voice clips, they're totally in-character, which is great. And I love that Marianne actually comments on the modesty of the outfits. I wish more of them would since the lack of general regard for that is pretty unrealistic.

48 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I don't get why people are upset at Marianne not being the lead unit. She got into the game more recently than Hilda, she has a brave version coming, and she's much more shy, reserved, and reclusive than Hilda is. Plus, Hilda ranks higher than Marianne does (being the lieutenant for the Golden Deer house, and just in terms of the in-world social hierarchy, just because most people don't know about Marianne's bloodline and such.) The most important point, I think, is that Hilda would totally drag Marianne along; the other way around wouldn't make sense, despite Hilda's propensity for getting others to do work for her. And from what I could hear in the voice clips, they're totally in-character, which is great. And I love that Marianne actually comments on the modesty of the outfits. I wish more of them would since the lack of general regard for that is pretty unrealistic.

Yeah. Pretty much nothing about Marienne makes her a good choice to be the leading unit.

I'm... not particularly amazed by this banner. They already did a 3H beach banner last year, and this time it looks like they did the same thing except lamer -- Marianne and Hilda as the duo was hilariously predictable, one of the men (Caspar) being the demote was depressingly predictable, and Ashe and Mercedes are going to be ignored by anyone who didn't adore them in 3H. The only shocker for me was Leonie, who I fully expected to take Mercedes' spot on the banner -- maybe she's not as well-liked as I thought?

IntSys definitely played this banner as safe as possible, and I find that really boring. I'm also ticked off that this means we're probably not getting a Sothis/Yune harmonic.

Edited by Some Jerk

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Louise's seasonal being a colorless bow didn't keep her later regular version from being the same.

Bride Louise is a Colorless Bow Cav though, while Louise is just infantry of the same weapon. When you factor in skills, those are very different playstyles, and even without skills the difference is purely in movement type.

Leonie, meanwhile, is a unit whose "canon" class is a Paladin (according to her appearances as an enemy unit) and who is given a unique Bow in her own paralogue (The Inexhaustible). Her skill proficiency in TH point to her being a mounted unit, perfectly matching her to easily become a Bow Knight as well. It would actually be weird if she is added as anything other than a bow at minimum.

@Mercakete I'm not upset Marianne isn't the lead unit, I'm upset Hilda is. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of Hilda as a character.

Edited by Xenomata

I love Hilda, so I'm very happy with her showing up like this. I don't have her regular version yet, so I'm looking forward to getting a better version than her winter one.

This is a pretty cool banner, but I am not that interested on it... which is good because I am on saving orbs mode.

My favorite boy Ashe is finally here, but in a seasonal form. He looks pretty good, but... ehh. Not enough to tempt me in summoning. I still hope I free summon him, though.

I couldn't care less about Mercedes and Caspar. Good for the people who likes and want them in their barracks. I like the characters, but I don't need them.

Hilda & Marianne are the star of the banner, and they are a pretty good unit to have on an Arena team since they are the staff unit that scores the highest. They score the same as a 175 BST unit that doesn't have a Prf B skill, which is pretty nice. Their Duo Skill is good but not that useful in Ar because of Duo's Hindrance, which in my opinion is a must have structure these days.

Leone is a nice addition to the grail shop. Not only a new bow cav, but also another Atk/Spd Push 3 source. Now I can +10 Petrine without any regret of losing that fodder.

Again... not a bad banner. It's a pretty good one. But... ehh. Not that interesting in my opinion or really needed for the units themselves. At least it's pretty long, ending in August. I guess they want for both Summer banners to end at the same day?

About B Duel Cav, there are a good amount of candidates, but the ones I think have more use of it are Duessel, Zeke and Ingrid, or the F2P options like Reinhard and Petrine. People who has a +10 Legendary Ephraim could also use that, since Ephraim has a Prf B skill, with Duel 4 he scores the same as a 180 BST unit, and he will get a Remix treatment in September and maybe a refinement in the future?

Another possible candidade for b Duel Cav is Brave Eliwood, who may get a refinement this year. Maybe he gets a pretty good effect that justify investing on him over the others?

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Another possible candidade for b Duel Cav is Brave Eliwood, who may get a refinement this year. Maybe he gets a pretty good effect that justify investing on him over the others?

I feel like the CYL3 refines are still a ways away. By June 2020, we'd been getting Book 2 refines for months (Kana F, Leif, Morgan F, Super Olwen, Super Eirika, Siegbert, Myrrh) while as of June 2021, we still haven't even touched the last four banners of Book 2, let alone starting Book 3.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I feel like the CYL3 refines are still a ways away. By June 2020, we'd been getting Book 2 refines for months (Kana F, Leif, Morgan F, Super Olwen, Super Eirika, Siegbert, Myrrh) while as of June 2021, we still haven't even touched the last four banners of Book 2, let alone starting Book 3.

I don't think that IntSys cares about that, honestly.

1 minute ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I don't think that IntSys cares about that, honestly.

They care. They jumped ahead a bit with CYL2 refines, as well as when Kana started the Book 2 refines, but for the most they've been pretty gradual about moving forward the "sufficiently old to qualify" threshold. Doing CYL3 before doing much or any Book 3 would be a huge jump.

6 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Leonie's kit
Sunflower Bow+ (same effect as Victorfish+)
Reposition
-
Atk/Spd Push 3
Spd/Def Link 3
-

The TT Sacred Seals this time are Atk/Def Push and Def/Res Solo.

Those are good fodder and nice seals

14 hours ago, Othin said:

They care. They jumped ahead a bit with CYL2 refines, as well as when Kana started the Book 2 refines, but for the most they've been pretty gradual about moving forward the "sufficiently old to qualify" threshold. Doing CYL3 before doing much or any Book 3 would be a huge jump.

they dont care much lately, considering the fact that Gen1 Healers are basicly non existent. I think they will skip quite a few Gen 2 units and focus on the more favourite units.

4 hours ago, Hilda said:

they dont care much lately, considering the fact that Gen1 Healers are basicly non existent. I think they will skip quite a few Gen 2 units and focus on the more favourite units.

That's a completely different matter. I didn't say anything about filling in every earlier unit.

Demotes in particular are on a completely different schedule from rare main pool units. We've gotten almost every rare main pool unit up to mid September 2018, and none since then. I think the only missing ones are Hector, Olwen, Maribelle, Super Reinhardt, Grima, Dorcas, and the four dancers.

Edited by Othin

So, I just realized this, but... Ashe is our first male blue summer unit. I don't know if anyone else cares about this, but it's something I've found odd for a while now, and now it's been rectified. 🙂

Stats [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

p4350n83tj671.png

Mercedes
Super Asset(s): Atk, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def

Hilda & Marianne
Super Asset(s): Spd, Res
Super Flaw(s): HP

Ashe
Super Asset(s): Spd
Super Flaw(s): HP, Res

Caspar
Super Asset(s): Atk, Res
Super Flaw(s): Def
*Bonus Doubler 3 unlocks at 4*.

Leonie
Super Asset(s): Spd, Def
Super Flaw(s): none
*Atk/Spd Push 3 unlocks at 4*.

21 hours ago, Othin said:

That's a completely different matter. I didn't say anything about filling in every earlier unit.

Demotes in particular are on a completely different schedule from rare main pool units. We've gotten almost every rare main pool unit up to mid September 2018, and none since then. I think the only missing ones are Hector, Olwen, Maribelle, Super Reinhardt, Grima, Dorcas, and the four dancers.

If by "Super Reinhardt" you mean the sword one, he got a refine.

Spoiler

??? Why is Ashe's res so low? He was one of my go-to res tanks in my Azure Moon run of 3H. Well, at least this hopefully means we'll get a res tank Ashe at some other point. ^_^ Hopefully as a tome or staff user!

Something else I thought of: As much as I like this banner, it does make me sad that Ashe, Marianne, and Mercedes are all on this one since that basically shoots my dream Halloween banner (which also includes those three.) I guess it's still possible, but I don't think it's likely.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

If by "Super Reinhardt" you mean the sword one, he got a refine.

So he did. That makes the list even shorter, then.

As for the event itself, the writing is weak... It's just "girls fighting then getting sweets for each other to make up and being friends and making guys carry things." Reminds me a bit of the Plegian TT+, and not in a good way.

Edit: Okay, so I've been using Summer Ashe with Summer Ingrid and they actually work together really well! It's so fun, too. They're so cute, both trying their best to be beach knights! X3

Edited by Mercakete

250 orbs (aka about half of my total...unless I get incredibly lucky, this year's CYL banner is going to SUCK for me...) I finally got the Hilda/Marianne duo!

Along the way I was able to snag: Karel, Hubert, Fallen F!Corrin, Mercedes, Nils, Luke, Maribelle, and Eleanora. If I wasn't looking for a specific Hero, I'd call this a steal. As it is, got all of these heroes, most of whom I don't really want (Luke and probably Karel at this time), or already have (Nils, Eleanora, Fallen F!Corrin), and I didn't get anything for my merge projects. Overall that's fine though. I can save those feathers for CYL 5 where I'm almost guaranteed to get the units to complete my first wave of merge projects (and some nice sacrificial feathers to go along with them).