Fire Emblem Heroes - Special Heroes (Summer Vibrance)

Alexmender

14 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

(and some nice sacrificial feathers to go along with them). 

I do not recommend Sending Home units for Feathers. The small amount of Feather you gain is not worth the loss in fodder for skill inheritance. If you have like 50 Jakobs, Sending Home 30 is probably fine, but I would keep around at least 10 to 20 for emergency fodder and merges. And for some units like Shanna, Klein, Hinata, Cain, etc., they are never worth Sending Home due to their skills being in extremely high demand. Personally, I still recommend turning units like Jakob into Manuals anyways because they make inheriting skills from other units more efficient.

For 5* units, it is never worth Sending Home in my opinion. 2,000 Feathers is nothing when the average non-competitive player is getting 20,000+ Feathers per week. I would just merge them if they do not have any high demand skills. If you do not need a unit right now, then send them to Reserves. Sending Home units for 2,000 Feathers just to need them later is a huge waste of Orbs in my opinion.

For Luke in particular, he can make Røkkr Sieges a lot easier as a quad attacking Galeforcer with decent bulk.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, XRay said:

For 5* units, it is never worth Sending Home in my opinion.

Nah, I'd say there is one type of situation when that's worth it: when you need to send a message / vent. I sent a little shitter Lyon (a character I didn't like to begin with) home after he pity broke me at 5% (after doing it at 4% as well) when I just wanted baby Tana and/or baby L'Arachel (I ended up with neither). While I have plenty of regrets regarding this game, that is most definitely not one of them.

Also, a 5* is only worth 1,000 feathers if sent home, not that it was even about the feathers for me at that point

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Nah, I'd say there is one type of situation when that's worth it: when you need to send a message / vent. I sent a little shitter Lyon (a character I didn't like to begin with) home after he pity broke me at 5% (after doing it at 4% as well) when I just wanted baby Tana and/or baby L'Arachel (I ended up with neither). While I have plenty of regrets regarding this game, that is most definitely not one of them.

I would still advise against it and recommend vent in other ways. He got Atk/Res Solo that can be given to dual phase units. I do not think it is a good idea to make decisions when emotions are running high. I would at least sleep on it before doing something.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also, a 5* is only worth 1,000 feathers if sent home, not that it was even about the feathers for me at that point

I see. As you can tell, I have not pressed the Send Home button in ages.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend Sending Home units for Feathers.

Meanwhile, I'm here with 15 spare copies of vanilla Ephraim (if you count my second +10 as 11 copies), who is literally useless as he has no 5-star inheritable weapon, and Moonbow, Seal Def, and Threaten Def are all available from units in the 4-star summoning pool as 4-star-unlocked skills.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Meanwhile, I'm here with 15 spare copies of vanilla Ephraim (if you count my second +10 as 11 copies), who is literally useless as he has no 5-star inheritable weapon, and Moonbow, Seal Def, and Threaten Def are all available from units in the 4-star summoning pool as 4-star-unlocked skills.

Secondary copies are useful for Arena Assault, and he is decent as a dual phase unit with Flame Siegmund.

I haven't sent any units home since the Combat Manual feature was added.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

He could be useful for Moonbow fodder, at least? It's a pretty high-demand skill, even though it's also a high-supply one.

8 hours ago, XRay said:

I do not recommend Sending Home units for Feathers. The small amount of Feather you gain is not worth the loss in fodder for skill inheritance. If you have like 50 Jakobs, Sending Home 30 is probably fine, but I would keep around at least 10 to 20 for emergency fodder and merges. And for some units like Shanna, Klein, Hinata, Cain, etc., they are never worth Sending Home due to their skills being in extremely high demand. Personally, I still recommend turning units like Jakob into Manuals anyways because they make inheriting skills from other units more efficient.

For 5* units, it is never worth Sending Home in my opinion. 2,000 Feathers is nothing when the average non-competitive player is getting 20,000+ Feathers per week. I would just merge them if they do not have any high demand skills. If you do not need a unit right now, then send them to Reserves. Sending Home units for 2,000 Feathers just to need them later is a huge waste of Orbs in my opinion.

For Luke in particular, he can make Røkkr Sieges a lot easier as a quad attacking Galeforcer with decent bulk.

The problem is that I'm so casual, I don't care about merging and fodder stuff. Most 4* units that I want to keep as 4* are already at +10, and the ones that I want to 5* I'm saving. (Which is about twelve units right now, and most are under +5 merges, so I'm in need of a LOT of feathers.) 

In terms of inheriting skills, I usually inherit from 5* units I don't like or have duplicates of, since I don't have to waste feathers on them, and I don't have them clogging up space. I don't send 5* units home, but I also don't need them clogging space when I don't play for optimization. I play because I enjoy collecting characters I like, I find the story amusing and I can build fun head-canons. If it means that I'm playing sub-optimally, then that's fine for me. I've played sub-optimally since launch. I don't see myself getting that much better now. 

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

The problem is that I'm so casual, I don't care about merging and fodder stuff. Most 4* units that I want to keep as 4* are already at +10, and the ones that I want to 5* I'm saving. (Which is about twelve units right now, and most are under +5 merges, so I'm in need of a LOT of feathers.) 

In terms of inheriting skills, I usually inherit from 5* units I don't like or have duplicates of, since I don't have to waste feathers on them, and I don't have them clogging up space. I don't send 5* units home, but I also don't need them clogging space when I don't play for optimization. I play because I enjoy collecting characters I like, I find the story amusing and I can build fun head-canons. If it means that I'm playing sub-optimally, then that's fine for me. I've played sub-optimally since launch. I don't see myself getting that much better now. 

Even for casual play, it's useful to have 4* SI fodder on hand to fill out holes in your units' skill sets by doing things like slapping Reposition onto units without assists or Moonbow onto units without specials. You don't need to upgrade 4* units to 5* to do that.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Secondary copies are useful for Arena Assault, and he is decent as a dual phase unit with Flame Siegmund.

Being a decent dual-phase unit is not particularly useful in Arena Assault where you can counter-pick when there are better player-phase options, better enemy-phase options, and better dual-phase options than him. Having a second copy of him with a different build is pointless when I don't even feel the need to use the first copy of him.

And I'm not spending dew on Flame Siegmund when I already rarely find the need to bring out Legendary Ephraim, who is already flat out better than vanilla Ephraim at the exact same job.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

He could be useful for Moonbow fodder, at least? It's a pretty high-demand skill, even though it's also a high-supply one.

I already get Moonbow fodder faster than I can use it. I'm currently sitting on 56 copies between Palla, Athena, Python, Erk, and Odin, only counting 4-star copies (because I periodically purge all 3-star manuals that don't have Reposition or Draw Back).

6 hours ago, Othin said:

Even for casual play, it's useful to have 4* SI fodder on hand to fill out holes in your units' skill sets by doing things like slapping Reposition onto units without assists or Moonbow onto units without specials. You don't need to upgrade 4* units to 5* to do that.

And I've done that to all the units I feel I want to at this time. I'm fine with the units I have, how I play, and who I choose to fodder. 

1 hour ago, Use the Falchion said:

And I've done that to all the units I feel I want to at this time. I'm fine with the units I have, how I play, and who I choose to fodder. 

Fair enough. Suit yourself, then.