Since Kazuya Mishima is getting added to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as the 2nd Bandai Namco rep. I managed to purchased Tekken 1 & 2 on the PlayStation Vita Store in my PlayStation TV yesterday to trying out Kazuya and the franchise, I couldn't see Tekken 3 nor Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection (which it's a PSP game like 6) appeared in the Search on the PlayStation Vita Store, I only saw it has Tekken 1, 2, 6, and Street Fighter X Tekken (which I did saw it's listed as incompatible to PSTV for SFxT). I have a few questions about the Tekken series:

1. Does anyone have a Vita know where to get Tekken 3 and 5: Dark Resurrection at?
  2. I noticed Galaga was in the loading screen while loading up Tekken 1, does the other loading screen have other Namco arcade games in the other Tekken games?
  3. What is the best attacks for Kazuya to knock out Jack in Medium mode and Easy mode? (I couldn't knock him out)
  4. How many Tekken games are technically on Nintendo consoles besides Tag Tournament on the Wii U? (I saw the main stream Tekken games in WikiPedia merely shown playable in nearly every PlayStation consoles)
  5. Why is Kazuya's habit to throw some Fighters off the cliffs more than just throwing his father off the cliff? (I did saw this in Screwattack's Death Battle with Ryu vs. Jin, Geese Howard vs. Heihachi, and Top 10 Worst Fathers showing Heihachi's Bad Parenting)
Edited by King Marth 64

Older Tekkens are pretty inconvenient to get your hands on, especially if you don't have access to the consoles they were released for. I remember they made a great HD port of Tekken Tag Tournament 1 for PS3 as part of Tekken Hybrid, but never available digitally. 

Regarding Tekken 3, that does exist on the Playstation classic/mini system that came out a couple years ago, however it is the PAL port so the game runs slower than it should be at 50FPS. Not recommended. It's a shame that it never got released on the Playstation Store like 1 and 2 did, as it has the Tekken Force minigame that I really wanted to play. I've heard Tekken 5 includes arcade ports of 1, 2, and 3 but I imagine those don't have any additional content or features of the PS1 versions. It would just be the Arcade modes.

For anybody trying to get in Tekken, I would advise skipping straight ahead to 5 or any of the later games. Good story modes if you're not big into fighting games. And the original Tekkens are especially rough to go back to. The PS1 games have very goofy cutscenes that are fun to watch, however you can unlock all the cutscenes across the whole series in Tekken 7, or just look them up on Youtube.

Edited by Glennstavos

Tekken 2 and 3 are to this day still two of the best and most fun fighting games I've ever played, love those two to pieces. The whole series is pretty solid, honestly.

4 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I noticed Galaga was in the loading screen while loading up Tekken 1, does the other loading screen have other Namco arcade games in the other Tekken games?

I might be misremembering, but I'm fairly certain Tekken 2 also has Galaga.

How many Tekken games are technically on Nintendo consoles besides Tag Tournament on the Wii U? (I saw the main stream Tekken games in WikiPedia merely shown playable in nearly every PlayStation consoles)

The GBA has a weird kinda-port of Tekken 3. It has the same characters as 3 but lacks a story mode and a lot of what makes 3 good.

Why is Kazuya's habit to throw some Fighters off the cliffs more than just throwing his father off the cliff?

They used that as a bit of a joke in the Smash Bros. trailer, not much else to it.

7 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

The GBA has a weird kinda-port of Tekken 3. It has the same characters as 3 but lacks a story mode and a lot of what makes 3 good.

Wait, is that GBA port is the name called Tekken Advance, correct? Or is it a different one?

Edit: I managed to just found the WikiPedia page that did listed it as it's Tekken Advance. I might need to check that out.

Edited by King Marth 64

• 1 month later...

Among the strongest fighters, I advise you to try playing for Fahkumram and Julia, excellent characters that are at the S level in the tier list from this site. This tier list will be update as new characters are added, balance changes and overall player experience changes.

Edited by Quang Cox

• 1 month later...

Ok, I managed to get some progression in the Tekken series so far. Some things that I did was:

1. I managed to purchased Street Fighter X Tekken and Tekken 7 on the Steam Store from the Steam Sale few weeks ago.
  2. I managed to completed Tekken 1 as Kazuya Mishima today. The Heihachi Mishima fight was pretty difficult and had around 20 tries till I beat him. (I was thinking of playing Tekken 2 next sometime later this week.)
  3. I tried to look for a physical Tekken 3, 4, and 5 that I didn't own yet in some of the Retro Video Game Stores and couldn't find it. (I'll might try again sometime later)
Edited by King Marth 64

• 2 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 8:12 PM, Quang Cox said:

Among the strongest fighters, I advise you to try playing for Fahkumram and Julia, excellent characters that are at the S level in the tier list from this site. This tier list will be update as new characters are added, balance changes and overall player experience changes.

I'm so much glad to know more about these character. Thank you!