So if Marth, Roy, and Corrin had their own stages added back in Melee (Marth & Roy) and For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Corrin), which personal stages for the three might fit for them?

King Marth 64

I did remembered that back at Super Smash Bros. Melee that Marth and Roy didn't have a Stage available, while Castle Siege that is from Daein is the truely first Fire Emblem stage in SSB series that appeared in Brawl and later that we got Arena Ferox from Ylisse and Coliseum (possibly from one of the Fire Emblem Arenas) in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (but when Corrin was added in that he/she became the third Fire Emblem rep that to not receive his/her own stage based off from his/her continent and the only DLC newcomer in For Nintendo 3DS / Wii U to not receive his/her own stage as well) and finally when Byleth came in Ultimate that comes with Garreg Mach Monastery.

I do remembered that the development back in Melee that Marth and Roy were originally going to have Archanea stage planned before it became scrapped and Elibe stage was never been mentioned in the works in Melee (presumably that I think Elibe stage wasn't planned to exist since Roy was existed around 1 year before his first canonical debut in Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade at 2002).

If Marth had an Archanea stage, Roy has an Elibe stage, and Corrin has his/her own stage based off from his/her unnamed continent. Which of the three stages based around in the locations do you think it would fit in Marth's, Roy's, and Corrin's own stage? I was thinking Marth's would might be around a battlefield somewhere in Dohlr, Roy's might be somewhere in Pherae, and Corrin's stage would might be a traveling stage to travel to Nohr and Hoshido similar to like Delfino Plaza, Prism Tower, and Garreg Mach Monastery.

Edited by King Marth 64

I feel like an idea for an Archanea stage could've been, to take a page from Castle Siege, would be the depiction of, well, a castle siege. Depending if Archanea was referring to the country or the continent, it could've been the Millenium Court or Altea Castle. With the gimmick being that one or both sides have ballista, and some of those shots land on the area of the Smash battlefield itself, capable of hurting the characters.

Alternatively, a potential for a stage without such a restriction could be the Dragon's Table/Altar. And the stage gimmick being all sorts of dragons showing up and doing something. Unleash their breaths or so.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You know that Colosseum stage we already have that isn't a reference to any particular Fire Emblem game? That's what I would have expected in Melee. Just a big outdoors arena. Turns out there was going to be an Archanea stage that, according to Sakurai's details on it, sounds a lot like what went into Castle Siege in Brawl.

Edited by Glennstavos

For Marth, I'd pick the Fields of Altea, based on the first map of the game, with Altea Castle in the distance.

For Corrin, I'd include three stages, one each for Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation. The first two would be stages set in Hoshido and Nohr, respectively, while the third would be based on Valla. Or they could be three variants of the same stage.

Wow, I definitely agree with everyone choices of picking which location suits for Marth's and Corrin's stages. I'm kind of surprised that no one in this Thread had mentioned an Elibe location for ideal Roy's personal stage yet. O_o

Edited by King Marth 64

I kinda want to say the cave Durandal is found in, complete with rising fire pillars and the like. Though I feel the Shrine of Seals would be more iconic, but can't think of a good stage gimmick for it.

I agree, the cave where Durandal is found in would be a nice pick, I think that the Dragon's Gate could be an interesting stage, with the fire dragon as a mini boss, although this one would be more suitable for a  FE7 Character than a FE6 one, but it's from Elibe, so I think that it can count.

2 minutes ago, Zavakar said:

I agree, the cave where Durandal is found in would be a nice pick, I think that the Dragon's Gate could be an interesting stage, with the fire dragon as a mini boss, although this one would be more suitable for a  FE7 Character than a FE6 one, but it's from Elibe, so I think that it can count.

The Dragon's Gate could be also an interesting stage idea, but at least how the thread requested, it had to be stages if they had been made back in Melee (at least for Marth and Roy). At least, that's how I interpreted it. So Dragon's Gate wasn't a thing yet.

But yeah, in general, that'd be one for sure.

1 hour ago, Zavakar said:

Well, technically that Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade wasn't shown in the public during at Melee's development since Sakurai did came to Intelligent Systems to observe Roy back then since The Blazing Blade was released in 2003 while Melee was in 2001 and The Binding Blade was in 2002. Sakurai couldn't add the Dragon's Gate in since that was introduced in The Blazing Blade and it wasn't in The Binding Blade. I did just checked the Japanese release dates for The Binding Blade was March 29th, 2002 and Melee was in November 21, 2001 which it was around close to 4 months.

Edited by King Marth 64

On 6/21/2021 at 4:36 AM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

For Marth, either the tower where you fight Gharnef in FE1/Shadow Dragon, or the Dragon's Table. For Corrin, the opera house.

Damn. I'm a bit disappointed someone else said it before me. Thabes from Shadow Dragon would make a pretty great Hyrule:Temple/Hyrule Castle style stage. The lay out of it is already in such a vertical way that it could be translated to Smash quite easily while still being recognizable. Though I reckon if we did get a Melee Fire Emblem stage then it would have been a generic one in the vein of Castle Siege and Arena.

And I definitely don't think there was ever a chance of Roy getting a recognizable Elibe stage given the development time. If we were to ignore that, the arrows of light gaiden would maybe be the easiest to adapt, but the stage sort of sucks and visually isn't all that interesting to me (and would probably feel a bit too much like Thabes if we're imagining both getting into the same came). Arcadia I think could probably be the best stage and would represent desert maps in Fire Emblem. You could have it by an oasis and feature a few dragons showing up and maybe a sandstorm interfering with the fight. If they want they could even pull off the castle siege thing and go down into the water filled underground area with its vanishing platforms. Though all those design choices are kind of post-Melee in concept. Melee stages were really quite standard aside from a few scrolling ones and Brinstar Depths.

Regarding Corrin, I see calls for the Opera House and that makes a lot of sense. Though personally I see more potential in Valla. If they actually commit to it and make it an interesting stage using the gimicks Revalation pulled with its Valla maps. Teleports and moving platforms and floating islands and drgaon veins and all that jazz. Though if we're talking DLC then chances are they wouldn't have ever committed to something like that. Half the DLC stages are very flat. I'm especially sick of the "Here's a generic battlefield, we've stuck some footage of the game in the background as a reference that doesn't influence the stage at all" philosophy.

• 2 months later...

Marth: How about taking it back all the way to Talys? An island map, with a healing gate tile at one end, surrounded by water on either side. We see pirate ships sailing, and Pegasus Knights flying, in the background. A-Theme: Fire Emblem [Melee]. B-Theme: Light Inheritor [Genealogy].

Roy: That was an outdoor map, so let's do an indoor map, in Bern Castle. This one features two levels: on the top floor, a healing throne. And on the bottom floor, a set of chests. Open them up, and you might get a useful weapon... or find yourself face-to-face with a manakete! A-Theme: Beneath a New Light [FE6]. B-Theme: Shaman in the Dark

Corrin: Let's set this one at the Bottomless Canyon. You're on a bridge connecting a couple precarious platforms. Careful, the bridge might break! Hm, perhaps that glowing Dragon's Vein will let you make a way across again? A-Theme: A Dark Fall [Fates: Conquest]. B-Theme: Alight (Storm) [Fates: Birthright].

6 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Marth: How about taking it back all the way to Talys? An island map, with a healing gate tile at one end, surrounded by water on either side. We see pirate ships sailing, and Pegasus Knights flying, in the background. A-Theme: Fire Emblem [Melee]. B-Theme: Light Inheritor [Genealogy].

Roy: That was an outdoor map, so let's do an indoor map, in Bern Castle. This one features two levels: on the top floor, a healing throne. And on the bottom floor, a set of chests. Open them up, and you might get a useful weapon... or find yourself face-to-face with a manakete! A-Theme: Beneath a New Light [FE6]. B-Theme: Shaman in the Dark

Corrin: Let's set this one at the Bottomless Canyon. You're on a bridge connecting a couple precarious platforms. Careful, the bridge might break! Hm, perhaps that glowing Dragon's Vein will let you make a way across again? A-Theme: A Dark Fall [Fates: Conquest]. B-Theme: Alight (Storm) [Fates: Birthright].

Bottomless Canyon would be a good way of implementing that one line of pegasus and wyverns not being able to fly over it due to lightning strikes (something the game itself ignores I'm pretty sure).  If a unit gets too high they have a chance of being spiked by a random bolt of lightning.