Thoughts on these pairings

I decided to play Awakening again and here are my pairings.

Chrom x Olivia

Robin x Lucina

Lissa x Ricken

Stahl x Cordelia

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Nowi

Frederick x Cherche

Gregor x Miriel

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Henry x Sumia

Gaius x Tharja

Kellam x Panne

It leaves out Virion and Libra unless I missed a girl.

52 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

Chrom needs someone other than Olivia, she's not good enough.  Sumia x Chrom, that's Lucina's best mother.

Sumia may give better stats but Olivia give better skills in my opinion. Lucina benefits more from Olivia's swordfaire and Pass more then Sumia's Dual Guard and Pavise. Both give Lancefaire and the coveted Galeforce.

Edited by ciphertul
Pavise not Aegis

Tharja and Gaius is a really good pairing imo, Gaius‘s skills and especially Galeforce make Noire a monster, especially if you want to keep her in an archer class. But, idk about Maribelle and Lon’qu- there isn’t a whole lot Lon’qu has that Brady benefits from except the movement skills, and even those are kind of wasted on male healers since they can’t get any of the 8 mov healer classes 

On 6/23/2021 at 8:50 PM, ciphertul said:

Sumia may give better stats but Olivia give better skills in my opinion. Lucina benefits more from Olivia's swordfaire and Pass more then Sumia's Dual Guard and Pavise. Both give Lancefaire and the coveted Galeforce.

She doesn't.

Not only does it fuck Inigo over by not giving him mods he wants it's wasting Chrom's skills as well.

Sumia is by far better.  No contest.

1 minute ago, TheSilentChloey said:

She doesn't.

Not only does it fuck Inigo over by not giving him mods he wants it's wasting Chrom's skills as well.

Sumia is by far better.  No contest.

Excellent argument, but I may need the ideology of your world to get it.

But I was wrong, Lucina get Dual Guard from Chrom as she get Cavalier for her dad making the only skill worth anything Pavise.

On 6/23/2021 at 5:50 AM, ciphertul said:

Unfortunately, Swordfaire is the only worthwhile skill that Lucina gets from Olivia as a mother. Which makes it rather questionable considering the effort needed to pull off...

12 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Unfortunately, Swordfaire is the only worthwhile skill that Lucina gets from Olivia as a mother. Which makes it rather questionable considering the effort needed to pull off...

In my experiance Pass and Galeforce works wonders together.

9 hours ago, ciphertul said:

In my experiance Pass and Galeforce works wonders together.

Honestly, I think the utility that Pass has is very limited in this game. It's certainly not good enough to justify a skill slot, let alone going out of my way to have Olivia mother Lucina.

Gregor is an odd choice for Miriel, given that Laurent is a Mage. With that said, it does give him some bulk and might make using Levin Swords in physical classes slightly more viable.

Brady could make an alright War Monk with Lon`qu as his father.