Book 6 Opening and Midpoint Banners

In the last couple of Books, the opening and midpoint banners have had an accompanying Heroes OC. Peony came with Thracia 776 characters, Mirabilis came with Awakening characters, Reginn came with Sacred Stones characters, and now Nott has come with Shadows of Valentia characters. I fully expect this trend to continue in Book 6. My question is which game will carry an OC in the opening banner? And which game will do it in the midpoint banner?

Personally, I think that both Elibe games have a high chance of being one of those banners. A couple (playable) Blazing Blade characters are noticeably absent, namely Kent, Sain, and Athos, but I don't see any of them being trusted with carrying a banner. I can definitely see them using Blazing Blade next June/July/whenever for the midpoint banner, and I can see them using Binding Blade for the opening banner later this year.

Yeah, I also think Binding Blade has a high chance of being Book VI's opening banner due to it being low on viable characters in general (females especially). In fact, I have a crappy prediction already premade:

Book VI Freebie OC (marked down as being a Colorless Bow Infantry just for the fact that there is still no FEH OC who has bow as their weapon of choice)
Gonzalez (Axe Infantry)
Cath (Red Dagger Infantry)
Hugh (Blue Tome Infantry; Demote)

Niime (Red Tome Infantry; Quest Slot)
Murdock (Axe Armored; GHB)

As for next year's midpoint, if it isn't Blazing Blade (since it also shares some of the same problems as Binding Blade) then it might just be Shadows of Valentia again because its future prospects for New Heroes are the worst by far. I also have a crappy prediction for this scenario:

Book VI Midpoint Mythic (didn't bother to think of a unit type for them)
Falcon Knight Est (Lance Flying) *gags*
Kamui (Sword Infantry)
Atlas (Axe Infantry; Demote)

Mycen (Sword Cavalry please, Valentia has enough lance cavs; Quest Slot)
Jedah (Red Tome Infantry; GHB)

5 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, I also think Binding Blade has a high chance of being Book VI's opening banner due to it being low on viable characters in general (females especially). In fact, I have a crappy prediction already premade:

Book VI Freebie OC (marked down as being a Colorless Bow Infantry just for the fact that there is still no FEH OC who has bow as their weapon of choice)
Gonzalez (Axe Infantry)

As for next year's midpoint, if it isn't Blazing Blade (since it also shares some of the same problems as Binding Blade) then it might just be Shadows of Valentia again because its future prospects for New Heroes are the worst by far. I also have a crappy prediction for this scenario:

Kamui (Sword Infantry)

Hugh as a demote and Niime as a quest reward are literally all I want and then I'm done with new fe6 units, so I hope this happens.

7 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Gonzalez (Axe Infantry)

Kamui (Sword Infantry)

I'd be happy with those lineups, although personally I don't expect Book 6 to have an FE2 banner. Could be the Book 7 opening, though.

With the way most games seem to be slowly drifting later in each cycle, I could see FE4's next Gen 1 banner being the Book 7 midpoint.

Edited by Othin

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I think Genealogy will get another Gen 2 banner before they stick it with an OC for an opening/midpoint. Book 7 would be more likely for Genealogy to get the opening/midpoint treatment, I think.

Yeah, that's what I mean. A Gen 2 banner in Book 6, around April 2022, then back to Gen 1 in 2023 for Book 7, which could be the midpoint.

I personally think they will start Book 6 off with a Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem banner. Reason why I think that is because it doesn't really have that many highlights left besides Nyna so I could see them inserting a new shiny OC to help sell the banner. I could see the banner looking something like this.

• Nyna (Green Tome Infantry, 5 star locked)
  • Hardin (Sword Cavalry, 5 star locked)
  • Wolf (Colorless Bow Cavlary, 4 Star Demote)
  • Book 6 OC (???)
  • Midia (Lance Cavalry, Quest unit/3-4 direct demote)
  • Medeus (Red Dragon, GHB) Would rather see him be a Mythic hero but I could see IS doing him dirty and making him a GHB since it wouldn't be the first time they made a final boss the GHB instead.

Also, the next Archanean banner is likely to be coming very late this year anyways based on what my prediction for New Heroes banners for the rest 2021.

• July- Fates
  • August- Brave Heroes
  • September- Awakening
  • October- Tellius or Three Houses
  • November- Tellius or Three Houses (whichever one didn't get a banner in October)
  • December- Archanea (Book 6 begins)

As for the Book 6 Midpoint banner I'm not sure but one of the Elibe games does feel like a good fit considering the position those two games are in right now.

Edited by NSSKG151

5 hours ago, Othin said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. A Gen 2 banner in Book 6, around April 2022, then back to Gen 1 in 2023 for Book 7, which could be the midpoint.

Sorry, I misread what you said. Yeah, I can see them using Brigid, Edain, Dew, and Midir with an OC for Book 7, with maybe Chulainn as the GHB.

4 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I personally think they will start Book 6 off with a Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem banner. Reason why I think that is because it doesn't really have that many highlights left besides Nyna so I could see them inserting a new shiny OC to help sell the banner. I could see the banner looking something like this.

• Nyna (Green Tome Infantry, 5 star locked)
  • Hardin (Sword Cavalry, 5 star locked)
  • Wolf (Colorless Bow Cavlary, 4 Star Demote)
  • Book 6 OC (???)
  • Midia (Lance Cavalry, Quest unit/3-4 direct demote)
  • Medeus (Red Dragon, GHB) Would rather see him be a Mythic hero but I could see IS doing him dirty and making him a GHB since it wouldn't be the first time they made a final boss the GHB instead.

Also, the next Archanean banner is likely to be coming very late this year anyways based on what my prediction for New Heroes banners for the rest 2021.

• July- Fates
  • August- Brave Heroes
  • September- Awakening
  • October- Tellius or Three Houses
  • November- Tellius or Three Houses (whichever one didn't get a banner in October)
  • December- Archanea (Book 6 begins)

I think my predictions for the rest of Book 5 are:

July: Fates

August: Brave

September: Awakening

October: Archanea

November: Three Houses

December: Book 6 begins, Binding Blade

Although, I can see Archanea being another strong possibility for an opening/midpoint banner. Nyna and Elice are two of the only characters from those games left that I can see as selling points.