Roster Size and Deployment Limits: Less or More?

KMT4ever

Roster Size and Deployment Limit  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer FE with more or fewer playable characters?

• More.
    • Fewer.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. Do you prefer FE with higher or lower deployment limits?

• Higher.
    • Lower.
    • I don't care.
  3. 3. Do you prefer FE with a specific combination of the two?

• More characters, high deployment limit.
    • More characters, low deployment limit.
    • Fewer characters, high deployment limit.
    • Fewer characters, low deployment limit.
    • I don't care.

2 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Who's the new Begnion character? Sanaki, Tanith, Sigrun, Sephiran, Oliver are all the characters I'd class as definitely Begnion. The likes of Makalov, Astrid and Marcia could be counted as Begnion too, though they've migrated to Crimeia in Radiant Dawn. Counting them that gets to 8, but with no new character (there's also Haar, but he emigrated quite a while before even Path of Radiance). Alternatively instead of the Crimeians, we could count the desert crew with Tormod, Muriam, Vika and Stefan, which gives us 1 new character, but it also give us 9 in total and Vika would be counted twice as both a bird and Begnion (if she's even from Begnion, she just sort of shows up with Tormod). So I'm a little lost as to how you're counting Begnion and who the new character is. Are you counting Micaiah as a new Begnion character?

Yeah, it's Vika. Also, I used the character sheets on SF to count.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah, it's Vika. Also, I used the character sheets on SF to count.

Oh, well you miscounted then as that would be 9 Begnion characters with one returning. Maybe you overlooked Oliver as a playable character by grouping him with the other senators.

8 hours ago, joevar said:

🙄

so which one do you think will be better for FE, pre-planned dlc character, or added as an after-thought and/or by-demand dlc character

The latter. "Pre-planned DLC" means they spent time during development not on content for the game they haven't finished, but for things they could charge you extra for after you buy it.

• 2 months later...

Personally if you ask me. More characters are usually better, as long as you don't hit a critical mass of where some characters are basically generics. (Archanae games, and Radiant Dawn strike me as this.)

That said when it comes to deployment slots. I think they should lean on the high end, but not for every map in the game. Personally I think gimmick maps, or maps that require thieves or are biased towards one class or another (that artificially lower deployment slots.). A one-off gaiden chapter that has a lot of lootable treasure, FoW, weak enemies, and no more than seven deployment slots sounds like an interesting challenge. (especially since FOW and loads of treasure artificially lower deployment slots.)

Ofc one issue with the whole strategy of intentionally favoring classes is that you get the GBA games and 3H. Where cavalry and fliers are so grotesquely favored in almost every map that your real deployment slots is like, three. "8 paladins 1 lord who is going to be shared between those 8 paladins. And Raven. Also that lvl 1 pegasus is going to get all the villages in-between ferrying Raven around." or in 3H where if you aren't warp+stride skipping. The optimum strategy is wyvern lord spam because enemies can't counter 9 move WLoPPD (Wyvern Lords of Player Phase Destruction.) supported by DFTS (Dark Flier Tactical Supremacy.)