What are the best units to use in Radiant Dawn?

6 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

Yes, but that's 1-7 (where Tauroneo is unavailable), not 1-6. There is no incentive to stall on 1-6. Also, your counterargument for me "overemphasizing BEXP" is to... emphasize BEXP?

Fair, but 1-7 has a side objective. Anyways, the thing is, the formula for bonus experience when using it to level a unit is (50 x character level) + 50. Which means speed clearing, routs aside, generally means leaving enemies alive and getting LESS ex from the extra BEXP than if I cleared the map, which does not sound like a winning trade.

6 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Did you even read my entire post? I specifically said that there are items that can be helpful, but that it is still entirely possible if you don't have those available. 
So the "you might not have stolen the shine barrier" argument was already addressed. Your olivi grass argument is literally "I don't want to spend money because i don;t like this" which is just a bad arument. Besides, you can still just randomly find one as a secret treasure so spending money is not even required 100% of the time. Better yet, as stated before, you don't even need it per se.

You're pretending that 3-6 is unwinnable if you only use Tauroneo/Nailah etc and don't give exp to the units available in 3-6, which is flat out wrong.

The issue with hidden treasure is they they pretty much need a guide and luck to find, you gotta admit. Also, iirc, the free olivi grass is in 1-9, where you only have Micaiah and spoiler unit.

Edited by Shadow Mir

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Fair, but 1-7 has a side objective. Anyways, the thing is, the formula for bonus experience when using it to level a unit is (50 x character level) + 50. Which means speed clearing, routs aside, generally means leaving enemies alive and getting LESS ex from the extra BEXP than if I cleared the map, which does not sound like a winning trade.

The issue with hidden treasure is they they pretty much need a guide and luck to find, you gotta admit. Also, iirc, the free olivi grass is in 1-9, where you only have Micaiah and spoiler unit.

Wow, out of all the counterarguments you decide to reply to only 1, and it's the one I have mentioned, not once, but TWICE.  That it doesn't even matter, just that it might be an ease on challenge. But not a requirement.

22 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

There are multiple olivi grasses available pre 3-6. You might have the shine barrier from 1-5. Sothe's bases still hold up enough to not get ORKO'd so he can just choke a point if needed. He can do more if possible. 
Volug is in the same boat even when halfshifted.  

Even if you have no olivi grass and no shine barrier, even if you have no additional resources, the chapter is still not a soft lock

9 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Your olivi grass argument is literally "I don't want to spend money because i don;t like this" which is just a bad arument. Besides, you can still just randomly find one as a secret treasure so spending money is not even required 100% of the time. Better yet, as stated before, you don't even need it per se.

Thank you for showcasing the fact that you don't have a solid argument, since ignoring all evidence and just hammering down on an already refuted part of argumentation just demonstrates that there is no evidence that 3-6 is a softlock if you decide to favouritism all the units that do not appear in 3-6. 

21 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Okay, except the people who do those know the game inside out. Which I cannot say applies here, otherwise this thread wouldn't have been created in the first place.

It doesn't really matter. What matters is that the game doesn't have an unwinnable situation provided a player is willing to reset character deaths. Radiant Dawn was the first game I played in the series and by gods did I suck back then. But I was still never able to soft lock myself. The game isn't that badly designed. It's challenging, but short of getting every single unit killed save Micaiah, a novice player will never find themself in a position where the game can't be beaten. Honestly the longer I know you the more it becomes apparent that the majority of your complaints stem from the simple fact that you're not really all that good at Fire Emblem. Maybe that's not true, but it's how it comes across when the way you approach the series as if non optimal choices (or I should say what you perceive as non optimal choices, as using Tauroneo is pretty optimal) make these games impossible to play.

Edited by Jotari

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I'm not saying "use Volug long-term and bring him to the tower", I'm saying "use him when he's your most mobile and highest-stat option".

In my last playthrough of RD I actually trained Volug and took him to the tower xd In fact, I benched Nailah and took Volug instead who at that point was around lvl30 with SS strike, which was almost as good as Nailah. Just for fun, of course. Nailah is still better than trained Volug, but I didn't have enough space for both and I really wanted to see how a trained Volug held up in the endgame (pretty well, as it turns out).

OKAY I got lost in all this and honestly didn't expect it to turn into such a heated argument, I just wanted some tips on how to play the game since I've never played RD before but I've played all the other FEs, so I wouldn't consider myself a FE noob just a noob to RD. I'm not going to quote anybody in this reply because that will take up a ton of space so I will just write down my thoughts and what is going on in my RD adventure as of right now. 

On the Tauroneo thing, I actually haven't used him much BUT without him I wouldn't have had my other units survive most of the chapters. Actually, he was key to Chapter 6 part 2 and Chapter 7 simply for the fact that he is invincible right now and the reinforcements in this game are constant and my other units (the ones I should be training) are incredibly weak sans Edward and Jill now and having him there to block and deal with the reinforcements saved me multiple times. I don't think I would've been able to beat those chapters without him. 

This is the hardest game I've played in the series because dodge rates are horrible even when the enemy is below 25 hit and you can almost never double. That on top of the numerous reinforcements and feeling like I have to rush and get the map done fast so I can get bonus EXP just makes it extremely hard for me. I am never for using prepromotes in FE since I like growth units but without Tormod, Volug and Tauroneo I wouldn't have been able to get myself to chapter 9. 

On the Laguz thing. I generally hate shapeshifting units in these games and go out of my way to not use them. Volug and Nailah have been an exception but I will give a good example as to why I don't use them:

Here I am on Chapter 8 (the swamp ch.) and I cannot field Jill or Tauroneo so I am stuck with most of the Laguz. While I'm using most of my units that can't go into the water to defeat the main army a wyvern comes out of nowhere and starts murdering the villagers. I then have nothing up my sleeve for that since Jill had to be left behind and all I have to rely on is... Vika. 

There she goes, standing right by the civilians as they get brutally slaughtered by a man on a flying lizard, being able to do absolutely nothing but watch, do to not being able to transform. It took 6 TURNS for her to FINALLY shapeshift and actually do something, and when she was finally able to it wasn't even worth it. Nailah is godly though and Volug has saved my butt numerous times. 

Oh, and my Jill is great. Nolan is the one who has turned out terrible for me. 10 speed at LEVEL 20

I didn't even know Olivi grass or the Rune existed... 

Edited by sinfonic18

If you already cleared the swamp then this won't be of much use, but there's actually an easy way to prevent the wyvern from killing the hostages. If on turn 1 you make Muarim and Vika shove Tormod, he has exactly enough move to stand at the edge of the wyvern's attack range. Nothing else is within its attack range turn 1, so it's forced to suicide on Tormod (who WILL ORKO the wyvern). After that there's almost nothing that can kill the guys in the swamp. There's only a single bandit that slowly approaches from the right side, but Vika can generally deal with him (you do have to use grass on her once though). She doesn't normally kill the bandit, but she does lower his HP enough that he ends up running back to the cleric on the right side, so you can safely clear the chapter without losing any of the hostages. Kinda sucks that this move isn't immediately obvious to someone playing blind because it makes the map MUCH easier. Not just because you get to save all of the hostages but also because you don't have to deal with a wyvern flying around harassing your units.

If you're not too fond of transforming units that's ok, you don't really need to make Volug a long term project and Nailah is ultra busted even when she returns much later so you don't need to train or invest on her at all. You'll find Volug won't be quite as good anymore in 3-6 but he can definitely still hold a chokepoint at least.

Also, KEK at your Nolan's speed xd that has to be the most speed screwed Nolan I've ever seen. Just bench him at this point. Sometimes good units turn out bad due to atrocious RNG and there's nothing that you can do about it. Jill is a great unit so it's great to hear she's turning out good for you. Imo she's the best target for investment in the Dawn Brigade, to the point where I typically feed her ever single stat booster from part 1 and give her some BEXP too if needed for her to promote before part 3.

Here's a couple of extra tips that I can think of for the next chapters:

-The next chapter is kinda trial-and-error so don't feel too frustrated if Micaiah dies a couple of times. It's a fog of war chapter where you only control her and a certain spoiler character that's literally invincible (the same one that will briefly join you in chapter 3-6). Pretty much everything here kills Micaiah in 1 round, so the map comes down to figuring out where it's safe to place her while your other unit murders everything. I usually have her hug the bottom-middle side of the map while the other unit moves between the bottom right and bottom left. It's not foolproof but I've found that to be pretty safe.

-The chapter after that is the final chapter of part 1 and it's the first chapter where you're allowed to forge Steel weapons. This is also the last chance the DB will have to use the forge until part 4, so make sure to forge a good Steel Axe for Jill. She will really appreciate it in chapters 3-6 and 3-13, where she has to face several tough 1 range enemies. I usually also forge an axe for Nolan to conserve uses on the personal axe he gets in 3-6, but your Nolan is pretty screwed so I'm guessing he won't be seeing enough combat to justify giving him a good forge.

-Tormod, Muarim and Vika will not be returning until literally 1 map before the endgame, so make sure they don't have anything important in their inventories before you seize the throne in chapter 1-E. The biggest thing you should remember to do is to remove Tormod's Celerity skill in the 1-E base and put the scroll in your convoy. I don't think it's ever explicitly stated in the game but , unlike in Path of Radiance, when you remove a skill from a character it isn't lost. Instead, it becomes a scroll and placed in their inventory, which allows you to reassign skills to other characters. Tormod needs Celerity for the swamp trick I described above, but after that you should probably take it off and give it to Jill or something (she needs to be promoted to have enough capacity though).

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now.

Edited by GonzoMD1993

2 hours ago, sinfonic18 said:

On the Tauroneo thing, I actually haven't used him much BUT without him I wouldn't have had my other units survive most of the chapters. Actually, he was key to Chapter 6 part 2 and Chapter 7 simply for the fact that he is invincible right now

Bolded: He's not available for chapter 7, so I assume you meant chapter 6 part 1.

1 hour ago, GonzoMD1993 said:

The biggest thing you should remember to do is to remove Tormod's Celerity skill in the 1-E base and put the scroll in your convoy.

Personally, I would recommend having Ilyana hold on to it instead. But either way, I agree that it's best removed from Tormod. Also of note, their inventories automatically get emptied out after part 1 (they come with different inventories in part 4), so I wouldn't beat myself up if I forgot to do so.

The next chapter is kinda trial-and-error so don't feel too frustrated if Micaiah dies a couple of times. It's a fog of war chapter where you only control her and a certain spoiler character that's literally invincible (the same one that will briefly join you in chapter 3-6). Pretty much everything here kills Micaiah in 1 round, so the map comes down to figuring out where it's safe to place her while your other unit murders everything.

That kinda depends on her stats, though I do agree for the most part.

Also, KEK at your Nolan's speed xd that has to be the most speed screwed Nolan I've ever seen. Just bench him at this point. Sometimes good units turn out bad due to atrocious RNG and there's nothing that you can do about it.

Well, that's certainly something we can agree on, given that I know all about that.

Anyways... once you get to part 2, beware of crossbows; they're effective against fliers (or at least non-dracoknight fliers; speaking of, I'd like their flying weakness reinstated if this gets remade) like any other bow, BUT (and this is important) crossbows have high raw might, so they're pretty much one-shotting fliers guaranteed (HOWEVER, they do not take into account the user's strength like other weapons do). Also of note, unlike bows (with the exception of one you get really really late), they can counter up close. By the way, the Daeins keep whatever items that are in their convoy, so don't worry about losing those. 

Edited by Shadow Mir

35 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Personally, I would recommend having Ilyana hold on to it instead. But either way, I agree that it's best removed from Tormod. Also of note, their inventories automatically get emptied out after part 1 (they come with different inventories in part 4), so I wouldn't beat myself up if I forgot to do so.

Yeah, now that you mention it that's probably a better alternative. Since Ilyana joins the Greil Mercenaries in early part 3 they probably have more of an opportunity to put Celerity to good use since you'll mostly just be defending in the part 3 DB chapters. I forgot to mention to OP that Ilyana carries over her inventory to the GMs in part 3, which is a useful trick to keep in mind. Also, I actually forgot that Tormod and co. automatically emptied their inventories xd Good to remember that.

35 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That kinda depends on her stats, though I do agree for the most part.

True. If OP got some lucky level ups and/or gave her the robe she might be able to survive 1 round, which would give him a bit more of leniency in that map.

Edited by GonzoMD1993

18 hours ago, sinfonic18 said:

This is the hardest game I've played in the series because dodge rates are horrible even when the enemy is below 25 hit and you can almost never double. That on top of the numerous reinforcements and feeling like I have to rush and get the map done fast so I can get bonus EXP just makes it extremely hard for me. I am never for using prepromotes in FE since I like growth units but without Tormod, Volug and Tauroneo I wouldn't have been able to get myself to chapter 9. 

Simply put, Radiant Dawn is one of the harder FE games, so I can't really fault you for being overwhelmed. The difficulty spike, particularly in terms of part 1, is pretty jarring considering none of the FE games before it were that hard (or at least, none of the ones released overseas).

18 hours ago, sinfonic18 said:

On the Laguz thing. I generally hate shapeshifting units in these games and go out of my way to not use them. Volug and Nailah have been an exception but I will give a good example as to why I don't use them:

Here I am on Chapter 8 (the swamp ch.) and I cannot field Jill or Tauroneo so I am stuck with most of the Laguz. While I'm using most of my units that can't go into the water to defeat the main army a wyvern comes out of nowhere and starts murdering the villagers. I then have nothing up my sleeve for that since Jill had to be left behind and all I have to rely on is... Vika. 

There she goes, standing right by the civilians as they get brutally slaughtered by a man on a flying lizard, being able to do absolutely nothing but watch, do to not being able to transform. It took 6 TURNS for her to FINALLY shapeshift and actually do something, and when she was finally able to it wasn't even worth it. Nailah is godly though and Volug has saved my butt numerous times. 

Fair enough. Like I stated earlier, I dislike laguz because they're generally woefully underpowered for how much waiting they need to do before they can actually do anything. This is something that stands out like a sore thumb when most of the best units in the game (mostly beorc, as well as the laguz royals, of which Nailah is one; you won't be seeing the others until much, MUCH later, but you might know who they are if you've played Path of Radiance) DON'T have that restriction. It doesn't help that they're very slow to improve relative to beorc (if a beorc is struggling to contribute, I can remedy that by having them use stronger weapons. Laguz have to improve their strike rank to strengthen their weapons, which is slooooooooow; they need 70 attacks to get to S, and another 80 to get to SS. That's going to be a slow and arduous process, considering their range lock and the fact that their untransformed forms are laughably brittle, as in "taking massive damage from AND doubled by everything". Lyre and Lethe in particular have it really bad, as both are cats, which are already lousy to begin with because they're quick to revert compared to other laguz, and not only that, their stats are pretty lousy; transformed Lyre has the same offense as MIST starting out, which is embarrassing when considering the latter is a healer, and Lethe is not much better. To rub salt in the wound, Ranulf, who is much better than them, is a forced unit for most of their play time). All this being said, there are ways for them to get around their issues (other than their range lock, which all of them except dragons suffer from), but they're limited; laguz stones allow them to instantly transform, while olivi grass restores some of their transform gauge. Laguz Gems in particular allow them to stay transformed for the whole battle, but you cannot get them until very very late in the game, and the first chance to get them is one that is easily missed.

Edited by Shadow Mir

just generally ignore every dawn brigade units except nolan, only if you're lucky, as he is very likely to get speed, strength screwed, and do so only if you find yourself need another semi-carry unit that don't die in 1 or 2 round like the rest of the trash brigades, and micaiah and sothe, not because they're good or anything but you're forced to take them in to the end game wasting valuable slots. as for dawn brigade chapters, just have some op units to carry through, Zihark for one, is great, and with decent growth, great base stat, and earth affinity should be able to carry most of the chapters along side sothe, tauraneo, volug and jill. tauraneo is great for where he is available until part 4. and remember, everyone of the dawn brigade units, excluding only Zihark cause Mia is kind of similar with him, are just completely, utterly out classed by every GM units which you will get later, and it's not even close. imagine compare meg with gatrie, and fiona with oscar, and aran with nephenee, leo with shinon and rolf. even nolan, which is their best units are only just as good as boyd if he is very lucky with his level ups. and let's not pretend like we're actually gonna take any DB units in to the end game unless we're trying some crazy challenge or something. so basically, don't invest much in to db units, the draco shield you get from the beginning go to nolan, as he is the only competent front line units and could really use some defence boost, energy drop you get early on should go to zihark, and every valuable skill, items, mainly gems, should let illyana take them and transfer them to GM, who really need gold, even BEXP should be only used if you can't beat the next chapter without some quick upgrades, since later on after groups merged together so did the BEXP. and you can use them on other more competent units than the DB members.

Edited by rory swann
typoes

22 hours ago, rory swann said:

just generally ignore every dawn brigade units except nolan, only if you're lucky, as he is very likely to get speed, strength screwed, and do so only if you find yourself need another semi-carry unit that don't die in 1 or 2 round like the rest of the trash brigades, and micaiah and sothe, not because they're good or anything but you're forced to take them in to the end game wasting valuable slots. as for dawn brigade chapters, just have some op units to carry through, Zihark for one, is great, and with decent growth, great base stat, and earth affinity should be able to carry most of the chapters along side sothe, tauraneo, volug and jill. tauraneo is great for where he is available until part 4. and remember, everyone of the dawn brigade units, excluding only Zihark cause Mia is kind of similar with him, are just completely, utterly out classed by every GM units which you will get later, and it's not even close. imagine compare meg with gatrie, and fiona with oscar, and aran with nephenee, leo with shinon and rolf. even nolan, which is their best units are only just as good as boyd if he is very lucky with his level ups. and let's not pretend like we're actually gonna take any DB units in to the end game unless we're trying some crazy challenge or something. so basically, don't invest much in to db units, the draco shield you get from the beginning go to nolan, as he is the only competent front line units and could really use some defence boost, energy drop you get early on should go to zihark, and every valuable skill, items, mainly gems, should let illyana take them and transfer them to GM, who really need gold, even BEXP should be only used if you can't beat the next chapter without some quick upgrades, since later on after groups merged together so did the BEXP. and you can use them on other more competent units than the DB members.

Bold: I'd say Boyd is really terrible in this game - he struggles to double pretty much anything for a loooooong time, and it's very hard to justify investing in him when I am given two better axe users from the word go, and get two more only two chapters in part 3.

Edited by Shadow Mir

22 hours ago, rory swann said:

What do you mean don't invest too much in the Dawn Brigade units? I'm guessing you don't mean in terms of stat boosters, given you immediately advise who to use the stat boosters on. Do you mean emotional investment? Because yeah, they're not the best, but I'm sure they can still be brought to endgame if you manage to get them to the right exp tresholds (BEXP and Hawk King's army are great ways to boost pretty much everyone not part of Tormod's group to end game). If you did mean material investment in game then I'd disagree. Invest everything you have in to the Dawn Brigade, since their chapters are more difficult than End Game. As I think I said earlier in this thread, no point hoarding resources to make an easy part of the game (Endgame) easier when you can use them now to make a hard part of the game easier instead.

Okay I am very sorry for such a belated reply but I've been really busy and haven't been able to play as much as I want normally I'd have already beaten the game , but family and a lot of life issues got in the way and I've just now for the past two days played the game and I've gotten past Part 2 (It was really short) and am 7 chapters into Part 3 and the game has been a lot easier and better for me taking youns advice into account as well as getting the Greil Mercenaries which are OP as all hell and has made the game infinitely easier for me.

Yes I already cleared the swamp after you posted this but this is really good advice for my next playthrough. Everything will be easier next time since I won't be playing blind. I COULD'VE used Vika to kill those wyverns already but she didn't transform for 900 turns and I didn't have olivi grass which I now have stockpiles upon stockpiles of! Having to use an item though just so laguz units can fight is a pain though and reminds me why I don't use them unless I have to.

Oh that note, I just played 3-6 today and I didn't find it hard at all. Maybe because I didn't use Tauroneo much in the beginning like Shadow mir said but I had Jill promoted and gave her all my stat boosters. I gave her and Nolan as well as Edward a bit of Bonus EXP and they were great with their weapons they got from the base. Then the black knight came along and proceeded to nuke everything so it wasn't bad at all. Actually, the part 3 chapters haven't been hard at all. Maybe because it's normal mode, but I had a huge problem with part 1 and even part 2 on the last chapter was a nightmare. Only thing I am missing is a few items from villages/tens and some secret ones but I will have to get those next time. Volug contributed a bit but he mostly sucked compared to Jill, nolan and edward. Sothe did too, which I expected. 

And yeah, I am DEFINITELY canning Nolan whenever I get the chance. I had to use him this chapter, and even give him some exp just so he could fight a bit but he has been completely speed screwed only getting 1 SPD level at level 2 Warrior. He now has 11 speed. Meanwhile, I've gotten completely different results with Boyd! He has 26 speed now and has gotten a spd level on almost every level up as well as strength. He's a monster along with titania, ike, shinon and mia. Nolan doesn't even compare. My Haar is good too, but he doesn't double at 22 speed. Gatrie is good for me too combat wise, but he almost never sees any action because of his move. 

On the chapter where you only have Micaiah and the BK I did struggle with that one. Mainly because I was setting it up to rescue her and just have him destroy everything but when I went to do it I wasn't able to. Really put a dent into my strategy (lazy one) where I could just have him eat everything.

I didn't know you could unequip skills from units and put them onto someone else, and I didn't really pay attention to skills in part 1 because I was too focused on just trying to beat it lol. I know the game better now and wish I could've got celerity from tormod before the end but I'll just have to save it for next time I guess. 

And I agree pretty much with SM on everything he said about laguz units, I've said my piece on them though.  Oh, and crossbows weren't really a problem for me except in part 2 where I had Marcia and elincia, they suck bad other than dealing with pegasus. 

Bold: I'd say Boyd is really terrible in this game - he struggles to double pretty much anything for a loooooong time, and it's very hard to justify investing in him when I am given two better axe users from the word go, and get two more only two chapters in part 3.

Not my boyd. He's doubling everything after a few levels now. 

Edited by sinfonic18

7 hours ago, sinfonic18 said:

Did he get any transfer bonuses? +2 Spd is pretty big for Boyd, as far as I remember. On normal difficulty, he isn't too far away from doubling. Or RNGeesus is just having his fun with you :lol:

Your experience with the difficulty curve is pretty spot-on - Radiant Dawn is tough when you have to work with the Dawn Brigade and comparatively easy when you have Greil's Mercenaries on your team. Part 2 is weird, with the constantly swapping rosters and very restricted deployment slots. I still struggle with Brom+Neph vs. the world every time I play RD :lol: One miss can be so devestating when you have no back-up to make up for it.

7 hours ago, sinfonic18 said:

And I agree pretty much with SM on everything he said about laguz units, I've said my piece on them though.  Oh, and crossbows weren't really a problem for me except in part 2 where I had Marcia and elincia, they suck bad other than dealing with pegasus. 

There's a handful of Laguz that are strong despite their grass addiction. Fully transformed Volug (you can unequip Wildheart in pt.3) is quite good even in pt.4, Janaff and Ulki are actually excellent while transformed, and a certain hot-headed lion has phantastic stats as well (and lions have a better transformation gauge, too). It helps that you get a couple more Laguz stones for insta-transformation.

A lot of the laguz expire very quickly (Lethe, Mordekai) or are never good to begin with (Kyza, Lyre), though, that's for sure.

24 minutes ago, ping said:

Did he get any transfer bonuses? +2 Spd is pretty big for Boyd, as far as I remember. On normal difficulty, he isn't too far away from doubling. Or RNGeesus is just having his fun with you :lol:

Your experience with the difficulty curve is pretty spot-on - Radiant Dawn is tough when you have to work with the Dawn Brigade and comparatively easy when you have Greil's Mercenaries on your team. Part 2 is weird, with the constantly swapping rosters and very restricted deployment slots. I still struggle with Brom+Neph vs. the world every time I play RD :lol: One miss can be so devestating when you have no back-up to make up for it.

I don't think he did; he admitted earlier in this thread that Ike was the only one who reached level 20.

That's exactly why I hate chapters with low deployment limits. It becomes nigh impossible to salvage your situation when your plan gets ruined by a miss.

10 hours ago, sinfonic18 said:

And yeah, I am DEFINITELY canning Nolan whenever I get the chance. I had to use him this chapter, and even give him some exp just so he could fight a bit but he has been completely speed screwed only getting 1 SPD level at level 2 Warrior. He now has 11 speed.

OOF. That's brutal.

10 hours ago, sinfonic18 said:

crossbows weren't really a problem for me except in part 2 where I had Marcia and elincia, they suck bad other than dealing with pegasus. 

Or if you want to disarm and steal from enemies, or use them in conjunction with Beastfoe.

Boyd is one of those units that really wants to have transfer bonuses. Without transfers he's still decent, but he has one glaring weakness and that is that he struggles really hard to hit doubling thresholds. The best way to fix him is with transfers since he gets +2 spd for free without actually consuming any resources, but the other thing you can do is give him the speedwings from 1-E. Since Illyana rejoins the GMs in 3-2, any items you put in her inventory in 1-E will go over to them. There's a couple of useful things you can send over, including the speedwings, Tormod's Celerity, Zihark's Adept (assuming you don't plan on using him long term), some gems (the DB gets a bunch of cash from base convos in 3-12 and 3-13, and you don't really need the money in 3-6. Having the gems on 3-2 to buy stuff with the silver card is more useful), and maybe a couple of others. That said, the speedwings is usually better spent on Haar so I pretty much never give them to Boyd even though they would go a long way to fix his one big weakness. Titania makes good use of the speedwings too, so Boyd just has too much competition for them. Of course, he could just get speed blessed and that just completely removes the need for transfers or the speedwings for him to start doubling xd

Speaking of Haar, this guy is a completely busted unit. He's easily the best unit in RD and probably one of the best units in FE ever. He can be used to completely trivialize 2-E and several of the part 3 chapters. He does, however, have a bit of a problem with speed. At base he can still double a lot of things but not everything, so giving him some BEXP and/or the speedwings is somewhat necessary if you want him to have enough speed to always double. Other than the speed issue he doesn't really have any weaknesses. His combat is excellent, and the only thing that can kind of threaten him is thunder magic, which is kind of rare (and you can give him the Nullify scroll from 2-E if you got it, although it's not necessary). For the most part you can have him flying around doing his own thing and healing with a concoction every now and then when necessary. One thing you can do if you really feel like turning Radiant Dawn into Haar Emblem, is that you can give Haar all of your part 2 BEXP (if you completed 2-3 while keeping most of the enemy units alive you could have around 20K BEXP available at 2-E) which allows you to promote him right away. This allows you to skip most of 2-E and leaves you with a very early, damn near invincible tier 3 at almost the start of part 3. Not everyone will find it fun to just destroy the game with 1 unit, but I think it's worth doing at least once.

Here's some more random tips for the upcoming parts:

-Next up is 3-7. This map is nearly identical to 3-6 but without the fog of war, and this time you're controlling the GMs. There actually isn't much to do in this map on a 1st playthrough besides getting a couple of kills and farming exp. I think there's a couple of wyverns that will fly up to you that will be annoying but other than that the enemies aren't very threatening. Some of them don't move from their starting positions, and the ones that do get bogged down by the swamp. I think that the biggest thing to mention about this map is that Jill (along with the rest of the DB) will be there as an enemy unit, that it's possible to recruit her with Haar, and that you SHOULD NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RECRUIT HER INTO THE GMS. I'm serious. You still have 3-12 and 3-13 to deal with. Losing your best combat unit is a pretty big blow, and the GMs most definitely don't need Jill's help. Jill will not move from her starting position unless you put a unit that isn't Haar within her attacking range, so it's very easy to just ignore her in 3-7. Another important thing to note of this map (and this also applies to 3-E where you will once again control the GMs and fight against the DB) is that any DB member that you kill as an enemy unit will not actually die; they'll still be playable when you get them again. For example, lets say that in 3-7 you kill Zihark as an enemy unit. He doesn't die; when you get to 3-12 he's still alive and playable.

-There's actually somewhat of a secondary objective in 3-7, but only on your 2nd playthrough onwards. There's a certain secret character that can join you in 4-E-5 (the last map of the game), but there's a couple of really obscure requirements to recruit him. One of them is that Ike must fight the BK in 3-7 and both of them must survive a round of combat. This actually makes 3-7 a much more interesting map because you have a reason to push forward and it poses a bit of a challenge in that you must find a way for Ike to get to the BK, attack him without getting murdered, and then yoink Ike out of there before he gets bonked by the BK in enemy phase. Anyway, this is 2nd playthrough onward only, so there's no point in you trying to attack the BK on your current playthrough. 

-3-9 will be the last map where you control the Crimean Royal Knights before they join up with the GMs. They will appear in 3-10 as green units and will join you for good in 3-11. Everything you have with the CRKs will merge with the GMs, including everything in the convoy, convoy space (starting in 3-11 the GM's convoy will hold a maximum of 200 items instead of 100), gold and BEXP. As you may have noticed in part 2, it wasn't possible to remove or assign skills. However, this is no longer the case in 3-9: you are now free to remove their skills and reassign them to someone that will put them to better use. Of particular note is Astrid's and Geoffrey's Paragon skill. Make sure to remove them and put them in the convoy so that you can assign them to someone in 3-11. It doesn't matter too much if you forget to remove Astrid's Paragon since she'll be joining you again in 3-11, but absolutely make sure to take away Geoffrey's Paragon and put it in the convoy because he's the only member of the CRKs who will not rejoin you until much later (4-5, exactly 1 map before the endgame).

-One last thing about 3-9. You will get a Master Crown from a base convo here. While it's a perfectly good option to save it to promote someone in the GMs (a lot of your units should be close to promotion, if they haven't promoted already), it's actually not a bad idea to use it on Geoffrey. If you're having trouble with this map, or if you just decide from the get go that you want to make this map easier on yourself, promoting Geoffrey gives you some more room for error, it makes dealing with the enemies near the boss a lot less stressful (they can come pretty close to killing unpromoted Geoffrey, and some of them have overlapping ranges so it's hard to take them on one at a time) and it also makes killing the boss himself a little easier. You don't have too many good units to work with in this map, so investing the Master Crown on Geoffrey is worth it despite the fact that he doesn't come back until 4-5.

-3-11 is the same pitfall bridge where you fight Petrine in PoR, but this time you're going in the opposite direction. Just as in PoR, putting a flying unit on top of a pitfall makes it so that your ground units can safely walk over them. Conveniently, the game gives you Tanith and Sigrun in this map, and you also have Janaff and Ulki. I know that you don't like Laguz units too much, but the hawks are both really good (Janaff in particular is really strong), so if you have spare deployment slots consider fielding one of them. You also get Tibarn and some generic hawks as yellow units in this map. You can leave Tibarn on Roam on the turn he joins so that he transforms (I think he joins untransformed but I can't remember), and then set him to Target for subsequent turns. Even if you don't want him to take kills, you can always have him cover pitfalls so that your ground units can advance. Of course, you do need to know where the pitfalls are in advance in order to cover them. Personally I'd suggest that you look at a guide to know where they are even if you haven't been using guides up to now and don't intend on using guides after this either. It just isn't fun to fall into a random pitfall and then have your units get murdered in enemy phase while they're paralyzed. There's still some ways around it, such as using a restore staff on them (paralysis auto-heals next turn anyways but you don't want a unit who falls into a pitfall to be vulnerable on enemy phase) or rescue dropping them if they're not mounted units, but I would still recommend that you just use a guide to know before hand where the pitfalls are located. Here's an image from WOD you can use (the red tiles are pitfalls; the site is in Spanish but the image is all you need): https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe10/trampas-del-capitulo-3-11.htm

-For 3-12, there's actually one thing your omega speed screwed Nolan can still do. Tier 2 Nolan (which you already have) can use crossbows. This map mostly just throws at you a horde of infantry units, but there's 2 to 3 Peg Knights that are really, really annoying and will try to snipe your backline (so units like Micaiah and Laura could be in danger). If you buy Nolan the cheapest crossbow in the shop, he can still OHKO Peg Knights with it. I would highly recommend that you do this; getting rid of those Pegs early on is a big relief.

-In 3-13 you'll have a similar (perhaps worse) problem with fliers. This time it's hawks instead of Pegs, but they're still really annoying. In this map the objective is to defend a line, and if that line is crossed you game over. It's easy enough to defend it from ground units by blocking chokepoints, but every now and then some hawks will spawn that will fly straight to the backline. Nolan can once again contribute here by OHKO'ing the Hawks with a crossbow. If you leave the yellow units on Roam the Snipers controlling the ballistas will usually prioritize attacking the Hawks if there are any in range, but they will waste ammo if left on roam on a turn when there are no Hawks in range. One possible strategy is to leave them on Halt most of the time but switch them to Roam when there are hawks in ballista range. Another possible strategy though is to leave them on Halt permanently and rescue drop them over ledges to prevent the enemy foot units from climbing them. If you like memes though, you can leave them permanently on Roam and you can witness the infamous 3-13 archer (in actuality a sniper) go to town on the enemy units xd (incidentally, the Sniper on the left side ballista is the 3-13 archer). If you want to make the map easier I'd still recommend you mostly leave them on halt though (again, with the exception of having the ballista Snipers kill hawks). Leonardo can also OHKO hawks with the ballista, but if you didn't train him at all then his hit rate is really bad. One last thing to note is that you can end the map early by killing Ike, but it's not all that easy to do unless you're prepared for it. At this point your Ike is probably going to be 20/20 and will have Ragnell with him (although it is possible to start 3-13 with a crappy weapon equipped if you give him said weapon before seizing on 3-11, which basically gives you 1 free round of combat in 3-13), so you might find it easier to wait out the turns since it's a defend map. Ike and the rest of the GMs will start walking up to you in the last 2 or so turns but they'll never make it to the top of the map, so don't worry about it. If you have units positioned near the bottom/middle of the map they'll have to retreat a little, but Ike and co. will never make it to the line you're defending.

-Regarding your turtle speed Nolan, 3-12 and 3-13 will definitely be his final contributions. With that speed, OHKO'ing hawks, ravens and pegs with a crossbow is the only thing he can do, and there isn't a whole lot of these enemy types in part 4. Do consider using him in 3-12 and 3-13 though. Being able to one shot fliers in these 2 maps is still a really good contribution to the team.

-While the stated objective of 3-E is Rout, the actual objective of the map is for 80 units to die. This includes everyone: your own blue units, green units, and of course, actual enemy units. The map will end the instant the 80th unit on the map dies. There's a death counter on the screen so don't worry about counting kills yourself. Once again, any DB members that you kill as enemy units will not actually die, they'll still be playable in part 4. This time around it's actually fine to recruit Jill with Haar since there are no more DB chapters. I think the most dangerous thing you have to watch out for in this map is that near the middle there a sleep staff and a bolting tome (I think it was a bolting tome anyway, but it might be a blizzard or a meteor tome). Sleep is really annoying in both PoR and RD because sleeping units lose all of their avoid, so watch out for that. If you're worried about units like Ike or Haar getting hit by sleep you can have them pop a pure water. It's not a guarantee that they'll dodge but they do gain a lot of extra avoid against status staves. There's also a Rescue staff hidden in the ground if you're interested in picking it up, but you'll have to look in a guide for its exact location. I don't think you really ever need it but it's nice knowing it's there in case you want it anyways.

-One last thing about 3-E. Ike will automatically promote to tier 3 at the end of the map, so make sure that he's at level 20. When he promotes he will automatically gain his mastery skill (like all tier 3 units), but he will also get Nihil for free. In part 4 you should remove his Nihil and give him one of your 3 Paragons instead so that he can gain as many levels as possible before the endgame. Once you reach the endgame, make sure to remove the Paragon and give him his Nihil back. All of the endgame bosses have some nasty skills so Ike will need Nihil to not get destroyed.

Kind of a long post. Can't give you a TL;DR sadly since there's a lot of specific stuff for the remaining part 3 chapters that I don't know how to condense. But hopefully you'll find something useful here. Good luck with the rest of your playthrough! 

Edited by GonzoMD1993

57 minutes ago, GonzoMD1993 said:

-Next up is 3-7. This map is actually identical to 3-6 but without the fog of war, and this time you're controlling the GMs. There actually isn't much to do in this map on a 1st playthrough besides getting a couple of kills and farming exp. I think there's a couple of wyverns that will fly up to you that will be annoying but other than that the enemies aren't very threatening. Some of them don't move from their starting positions, and the ones that do get bogged down by the swamp. I think that the biggest thing to mention about this map is that Jill (along with the rest of the DB) will be there as an enemy unit, that it's possible to recruit her with Haar, and that you SHOULD NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES RECRUIT HER INTO THE GMS. I'm serious. You still have 3-12 and 3-13 to deal with. Losing your best combat unit is a pretty big blow, and the GMs most definitely don't need Jill's help. Jill will not move from her starting position unless you put a unit that isn't Haar within her attacking range, so it's very easy to just ignore her in 3-7. Another important thing to note of this map (and this also applies to 3-E where you will once again control the GMs and fight against the DB) is that any DB member that you kill as an enemy unit will not actually die; they'll still be playable when you get them again. For example, lets say that in 3-7 you kill Zihark as an enemy unit. He doesn't die; when you get to 3-12 he's still alive and playable.

- 3-7 is actually lerger, but the Db starting area is the same.

- Fun fact, in tiering characters for RD for efficiency purposes, JIill going the GM route is actually the optimal play, since Zihark is actually your best unit in the DB with the most efficient resource distributions. It's been mapped out rather recently, but with lowest turn counts Jill doesn't reach the needed benchmarks in time if left in the DB.

-There's actually somewhat of a secondary objective in 3-7, but only on your 2nd playthrough onwards. There's a certain secret character that can join you in 4-E-5 (the last map of the game), but there's a couple of really obscure requirements to recruit him. One of them is that Ike must fight the BK in 3-7 and both of them must survive a round of combat. This actually makes 3-7 a much more interesting map because you have a reason to push forward and it poses a bit of a challenge in that you must find a way for Ike to get to the BK, attack him without getting murdered, and then yoink Ike out of there before he gets bonked by the BK in enemy phase. Anyway, this is 2nd playthrough onward only, so there's no point in you trying to attack the BK on your current playthrough. 

- To add to this, Ike using a Spectre card is safest since cards don't take a counterattack and he can attack from 2 range with it.

-In 3-13 you'll have a similar (perhaps worse) problem with fliers. This time it's hawks instead of Pegs, but they're still really annoying. In this map the objective is to defend a line, and if that line is crossed you game over. It's easy enough to defend it from ground units by blocking chokepoints, but every now and then some hawks will spawn that will fly straight to the backline. Nolan can once again contribute here by OHKO'ing the Hawks with a crossbow. If you leave the yellow units on Roam the Snipers controlling the ballistas will usually prioritize attacking the Hawks if there are any in range, but they will waste ammo if left on roam on a turn when there are no Hawks in range. One possible strategy is to leave them on Halt most of the time but switch them to Roam when there are hawks in ballista range. Another possible strategy though is to leave them on Halt permanently and rescue drop them over ledges to prevent the enemy foot units from climbing them. If you like memes though, you can leave them permanently on Roam and you can witness the infamous 3-13 archer (in actuality a sniper) go to town on the enemy units xd (incidentally, the Sniper on the left side ballista is the 3-13 archer). If you want to make the map easier I'd still recommend you mostly leave them on halt though (again, with the exception of having the ballista Snipers kill hawks). Leonardo can also OHKO hawks with the ballista, but if you didn't train him at all then his hit rate is really bad. One last thing to note is that you can end the map early by killing Ike, but it's not all that easy to do unless you're prepared for it. At this point your Ike is probably going to be 20/20 and will have Ragnell with him (although it is possible to start 3-13 with a crappy weapon equipped if you give him said weapon before seizing on 3-11, which basically gives you 1 free round of combat in 3-13), so you might find it easier to wait out the turns since it's a defend map. Ike will start walking up to you in the last 2 or so turns but he will never make it to the top of the map, so don't worry about it.

- Actually untrue, the AI of the hawks is designed in such a way that the last thing they will try to do is cross the line. They will try anything else before that.

14 hours ago, sinfonic18 said:

Well, the RNG giveth as it taketh away, I guess.

-In 3-13 you'll have a similar (perhaps worse) problem with fliers. This time it's hawks instead of Pegs, but they're still really annoying. In this map the objective is to defend a line, and if that line is crossed you game over. It's easy enough to defend it from ground units by blocking chokepoints, but every now and then some hawks will spawn that will fly straight to the backline. Nolan can once again contribute here by OHKO'ing the Hawks with a crossbow. If you leave the yellow units on Roam the Snipers controlling the ballistas will usually prioritize attacking the Hawks if there are any in range, but they will waste ammo if left on roam on a turn when there are no Hawks in range. One possible strategy is to leave them on Halt most of the time but switch them to Roam when there are hawks in ballista range. Another possible strategy though is to leave them on Halt permanently and rescue drop them over ledges to prevent the enemy foot units from climbing them. If you like memes though, you can leave them permanently on Roam and you can witness the infamous 3-13 archer (in actuality a sniper) go to town on the enemy units xd (incidentally, the Sniper on the left side ballista is the 3-13 archer). If you want to make the map easier I'd still recommend you mostly leave them on halt though (again, with the exception of having the ballista Snipers kill hawks). Leonardo can also OHKO hawks with the ballista, but if you didn't train him at all then his hit rate is really bad. One last thing to note is that you can end the map early by killing Ike, but it's not all that easy to do unless you're prepared for it. At this point your Ike is probably going to be 20/20 and will have Ragnell with him (although it is possible to start 3-13 with a crappy weapon equipped if you give him said weapon before seizing on 3-11, which basically gives you 1 free round of combat in 3-13), so you might find it easier to wait out the turns since it's a defend map. Ike will start walking up to you in the last 2 or so turns but he will never make it to the top of the map, so don't worry about it.

It's not like that; unlike in chapter 10 in Conquest, where the fliers generally ignore combat in favor of trying to make you lose, the hawks are willing to attack your and ally units. Also, I'd emphasize that when Ranulf shows up, you better run like your lives depend on it. Because they do. The other mercenaries will show up around that time as well... yeah. A couple turns before that, some reinforcements will appear near the top left of the map, so you want to "beep" prepared for that.

-3-11 is the same pitfall bridge where you fight Petrine in PoR, but this time you're going in the opposite direction. Just as in PoR, putting a flying unit on top of a pitfall makes it so that your ground units can safely walk over them. Conveniently, the game gives you Tanith and Sigrun in this map, and you also have Janaff and Ulki. I know that you don't like Laguz units too much, but the hawks are both really good (Janaff in particular is really strong), so if you have spare deployment slots consider fielding one of them. You also get Tibarn and some generic hawks as yellow units in this map. You can leave Tibarn on Roam on the turn he joins so that he transforms (I think he joins untransformed but I can't remember), and then set him to Target for subsequent turns. Even if you don't want him to take kills, you can always have him cover pitfalls so that your ground units can advance. Of course, you do need to know where the pitfalls are in advance in order to cover them. Personally I'd suggest that you look at a guide to know where they are even if you haven't been using guides up to now and don't intend on using guides after this either. It just isn't fun to fall into a random pitfall and then have your units get murdered in enemy phase while they're paralyzed. There's still some ways around it, such as using a restore staff on them (paralysis auto-heals next turn anyways but you don't want a unit who falls into a pitfall to be vulnerable on enemy phase) or rescue dropping them if they're not mounted units, but I would still recommend that you just use a guide to know before hand where the pitfalls are located. Here's an image from WOD you can use (the red tiles are pitfalls; the site is in Spanish but the image is all you need): https://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe10/trampas-del-capitulo-3-11.htm

Also of note, the boss uses a crossbow - and one strong enough to one-shot Tibarn, so you REALLY want to keep him away from that.

Also, I'd mention 3-10 because it wasn't. You have to protect Elincia; while the NPCs generally do a good job of forming up and surrounding her, she has the VERY aggravating tendency to fly over to the boss area, where a lot of archers are, including the boss. Yeah...

Edited by Shadow Mir

13 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Fun fact, in tiering characters for RD for efficiency purposes, JIill going the GM route is actually the optimal play, since Zihark is actually your best unit in the DB with the most efficient resource distributions. It's been mapped out rather recently, but with lowest turn counts Jill doesn't reach the needed benchmarks in time if left in the DB.

That's actually really interesting. I had never heard of a run using Zihark as your carry for the part 3 DB chapters. I'd love to see a run using this strategy.

13 hours ago, Vicious Sal said:

Actually untrue, the AI of the hawks is designed in such a way that the last thing they will try to do is cross the line. They will try anything else before that.

I have to admit that I didn't know that. I knew that the hawks don't straight up ignore combat and that they do attack your units while flying their way up, but I was certain that once they were within movement range of crossing the line that this was the very next thing that they'd do. I still think that killing them asap might be better, but it's good to know that they won't immediately cross the line the moment they're within range if you can't kill them on that turn. This means that this chapter gives you a bit more leeway than what I thought it did.

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also of note, the boss uses a crossbow - and one strong enough to one-shot Tibarn, so you REALLY want to keep him away from that.

I'm so used to Tibarn being invincible that I completely forgot that this boss can actually OHKO him and that him dying is a game over condition in this map xd I don't think anything else can realistically kill him here, but keeping him away from the boss seems like a great idea. 

Also, speaking of 3-10, I forgot to mention to OP that it's ok if the green units (other than Elincia) die. Elincia dying causes a game over, but any of the CRKs that "die" in this map don't actually stay dead. They come back alive in their respective chapters (Lucia in 4-2, Geoffrey in 4-5, everyone else in 3-11).

Edited by GonzoMD1993

Alright well thanks to everyone for giving me advice again on my 900th best unit post. I really appreciate all the detail you put into all these answers lol. I read all of what Gonzo said and I'm almost going to beat part 3 with only 2 chapters left. I am not going to fight my Ike on Ch. 13 because he has 4 stats maxed and is a level 20 Hero. Compare him to my *** micaiah units and I am asking for trouble. I am going to try the strategy Gonzo gave because I'm really dreading that. 

I also beat Chapter 9 pretty easily and I didn't even have to use the Master Crown, which I was debating about using but I left it there and if I was unable to beat the map I'd use it. I had a pretty easy time with it thanks to Devdan, Geoffrey, Kieran and Marcia. Calill and Makalov didn't contribute much, and Astrid didn't contribute at all because she died on turn 3. Only MC I've used on any unit is Gatrie because I wanted to give him more speed since his cap was low. 

Oh and I never had one green unit on 3-10 die for me because like I said, my GM units are so OP that the game is easy as pie with them around. I think I also completed it in like 6 turns. The bridge chapter afterward is what sucked, those dang pits. But I was able to manage it in 10 turns and I just had Tibard and his hawks Avoid using the direct command and Haar pretty much kill everything himself. Would've gotten it faster and I could've looked up where the pits were but I didn't feel like it.  Speaking of Haar, I couldn't agree more. I gave him a speedwing after I promoted him and he's unstoppable. Thunder mages do kinda scare me around him but he seems to dodge them luckily. 

On 7/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, GonzoMD1993 said:

-For 3-12, there's actually one thing your omega speed screwed Nolan can still do. Tier 2 Nolan (which you already have) can use crossbows. This map mostly just throws at you a horde of infantry units, but there's 2 to 3 Peg Knights that are really, really annoying and will try to snipe your backline (so units like Micaiah and Laura could be in danger). If you buy Nolan the cheapest crossbow in the shop, he can still OHKO Peg Knights with it. I would highly recommend that you do this; getting rid of those Pegs early on is a big relief.

I'm going to have to use Nolan sadly because I have no other option. Good to know he can do something at least. Is there any possible way I could transfer Aqqar to the DB? That doesn't matter though, because he should be able to KO them with a regular crossbow. My nolan is terrible though and I'd rather be safe than sorry. 

On 7/11/2021 at 3:32 PM, GonzoMD1993 said:

-One last thing about 3-E. Ike will automatically promote to tier 3 at the end of the map, so make sure that he's at level 20. When he promotes he will automatically gain his mastery skill (like all tier 3 units), but he will also get Nihil for free. In part 4 you should remove his Nihil and give him one of your 3 Paragons instead so that he can gain as many levels as possible before the endgame. Once you reach the endgame, make sure to remove the Paragon and give him his Nihil back. All of the endgame bosses have some nasty skills so Ike will need Nihil to not get destroyed.

Okay thank you for this, this is also really important because I've been trying to avoid using my Ike since he's max level and 4 stat caps, and I want everyone else to get XP so now I can use him more often after. 

A lot of this information is useful. Thanks! Maybe moreso for my second playthrough because I know I missed a lot of details this time lol.

On 7/11/2021 at 5:00 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Well, the RNG giveth as it taketh away, I guess.

I also never gave him a speedwing and he didn't get transfer bonuses. Would've rather Nolan turned out better than him but alright. 

13 hours ago, sinfonic18 said:

Astrid didn't contribute at all because she died on turn 3.

RIP one Paragon. Unless you removed her and Geoffrey's Paragons before starting... but this leaves me to ask, what happen?

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

RIP one Paragon. Unless you removed her and Geoffrey's Paragons before starting... but this leaves me to ask, what happen?

Astrid received the nerf bat far to hard, She suffers far to much death was the only mercy

On 7/14/2021 at 3:55 PM, Shadow Mir said:

On 7/14/2021 at 7:26 PM, ciphertul said:

Astrid received the nerf bat far to hard, She suffers far to much death was the only mercy

Pretty much this... On all seriousness though, I was trying to keep her away from combat and the reinforcements from the beginning of the map got her. She was so useless she couldn't even defend herself

3 minutes ago, sinfonic18 said:

Pretty much this... On all seriousness though, I was trying to keep her away from combat and the reinforcements from the beginning of the map got her. She was so useless she couldn't even defend herself

You did remove her and Geoffrey's Paragons before starting, did you not?

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

You did remove her and Geoffrey's Paragons before starting, did you not?

Well, I have 2 Paragons equipped to other units not Astrid and Geoffrey, so I think I took it off of Astrid... But Geoffrey's? I don't think I did. Which now looking back was... Very stupid of me. BUT I just found out recently that you could reuse the skills you removed from units!