• Catria: Mild Middle Sister
    • Annand: Knight-Defender
    • Erinys: Earnest Knight
    • Cynthia: Hero Chaser
    • Sigrun: Loyal Protector
    • Farina: The Great Wing
    • Fiora: Airborne Warrior

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/06/2021 at 02:59 AM

I don't have Flora/Farina/Annand so they are out by default. Of the others I like Erinys the most, so I'll start with her. If she loses then Palla or Catria depending on who wins.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Oof... all Swords and Lances...  guess that'll happen with this kind of theme.

It was either this, or “oops, all staves” for the third time.

Also, damn them for making me choose between Catria, Erinys and Palla. I’ll go with Erinys to start with on the virtue of FE4 being less appreciated than Archanea and see where things go from there.

I'm going with either Erinys or Sigrun. I guess I'll just roll a d20 when the VG actually starts or something.

Edited by Sunwoo

Mini-rant on peg knights below.

Spoiler

Honestly, not too keen on any of them. They could have at least included Shigure or Subaki for some sort of male representation. There aren't that many (though, admittedly, they're called sky knights, not pegasus knights, so maybe that's why.) Also a bit surprised at the lack of Tsubasa, though maybe that's because she doesn't actually ride a living, breathing pegasus. Also, everyone got paired up with someone from her home game except for Sigrun and Cynthia, who seem like they were kind of lumped together. Also, I don't really get the peg knight hype IS seems to have. They describe them as "graceful" but if they're talking about the pegasus itself, those things are not designed for flight, anatomically speaking. If you ask me, the birds from Fates and the wyverns (especially of the Wyvern Knights from FE8) are a lot more graceful. There is nothing aerodynamic about pegasi. Also, I was always afraid of using the class because archers. I did not want to reset just because one happened to get one shot in on a peg knight. Plus, I don't like how most peg knights seem to be put into a mold writing-wise, but that may just be because, again, IS thinks "graceful" is an inherent quality (except for, like, Cynthia and Est -- I'd argue that Sumia is portrayed as graceful in her own way) and because of how IS tends to write females in general. There are exceptions to the rule, of course, and IS does a lot better than many other writers out there, but it's still a bit annoying.

Anyway, I just can't get excited about any of them, so I guess I'll support Cynthia because she's atypically written.

10 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm going with either Erinys or Sigrun. I guess I'll just roll a d20 when the VG actually starts or something.

I rolled 15, which means I'm going with Erinys to begin with. If she loses and Sigrun makes it through, Sigrun will be my second choice. Beyond that, uh ... no clue 😛

Shame that best pegasus knight Marcia isn't in this game yet.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Shame that best pegasus knight Marcia isn't in this game yet.

Y'know, I was just thinking about her. She'd get my vote of she was in this gauntlet and Subaki (still) wasn't.

40 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

They could have at least included Shigure or Subaki for some sort of male representation.

Subaki did get used all the way back in the Wyvern vs. Pegasus gauntlet (and was the sole male of that VG). Everyone in this VG except for Palla wasn't in that one by virtue of all of them except Palla and Catria not being in FEH at that point, and technically they aren't using the same Palla now as they did then.

40 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Also, everyone got paired up with someone from her home game except for Sigrun and Cynthia, who seem like they were kind of lumped together.

Cynthia and Sigrun are here because IS didn't want to make a second VG banner and will avoid making two of them if they can. I'm pretty sure that's the only reason they got picked.

The picture of the bracket reminded me that I still can't tell Palla apart from Ferry without seeing both of them at the same time.

I think I'll go with Palla for the first round and then the winner of the Palla/Catria bracket for the second round. And then figure something out if both of them lose.

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The picture of the bracket reminded me that I still can't tell Palla apart from Ferry without seeing both of them at the same time.

I think I'll go with Palla for the first round and then the winner of the Palla/Catria bracket for the second round. And then figure something out if both of them lose.

Erinys is basically just a grown up Palla: Sisterly Trio who lost her memories and was washed ashore at Jugdral.

And....Annand killed the Palla vs. Erinys dream and for that she must die again. Gotta love getting punished for being on the more popular team.

I believe it's Cynthia vs. Farina on the other side. That winner better hope Annand wins again or Palla will just crush them.

Surprised Cynthia won, actually. Eh. Guess it's the 2nd sisters (I consider Chrom!Cynthia practically canon) vs the eldest sisters.

.......Yeah, I now have a full blown vendetta against this woman.

I now seriously have to go pay Farina (RIP pega-pony princess) to take out the falcon knight who refuses to die again. This mode can seriously go to hell mainly for getting more investment from me than it deserves.

35 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

.......Yeah, I now have a full blown vendetta against this woman.

I now seriously have to go pay Farina (RIP pega-pony princess) to take out the falcon knight who refuses to die again. This mode can seriously go to hell mainly for getting more investment from me than it deserves.

Same, I'm kinda mad myself. Too shitty to give Palla's team a multiplier, like, EVER, resulting in lots of "same" hours. Falls below Palla just barely enough to get a multiplier and get more points than her. It happened with Erinys's team too.

VG has been making me pretty salty as of late. If I'm on the popular team it gets last hour multiplier'd. If I'm on the less popular team it doesn't get last hour multiplier. Both cases have happnened in this VG. Anyways, to Annand we go.