July's Mythic Banner Prediction: Year of the Fairy Goat or do we have Otr Plans?

daisy jane

s-1YsNFdvVbZJBL-qo8Sk_5YbWJ42KJR7hsAyC-J

Happy July, Summoners!!

MByleth is our newest legendary with a lot of things up his sleeve (literally, have you seen his animation?) and you only have a few days to get him until his next appearance in September where he will share with Celica, Leif, Claude, Chrom, and a full red roster of Altina, Eliwood and Hrid. Julia is bounced to January, Alm and Hel is in October, and Bramimond , Dagr, Nott and Plumeria  is in November while Lif is holding December. Outside of the newer heroes a lot of these guys are being pushed out further out so if there is something that is intriguing you as always this might be the right time. 

But usual, with a new hero, requires predictions of the next one and a road map of the bigger things of the month - let's do this, shall we? (

Mythic Banner Prediction

Red
Seliph
(distant counter, joint hone def)
Sigurd (atk/def catch 4, fatal smoke)
Reginn (swift sparrow 3, lull spd/def, panic smoke)

Nice and legend-locked. (I know a lot of people were 😞  that Lilina and Reginn switched (me being one of them). but Reginn is still great fodder (or if you like her a great project) so this should be really helpful for a lot of people. 

Blue
Dimitri (sturdy impact, odd tempest )
Seiros (mirror impact, dragon wall)
???

We're slowly whittling down the blue backlog  we can see one of  Marianne (BDI 4, lull atk/res, joint drive res) or Ingrid (atk/spd solo 4, lull spd/def, rouse atk/spd )  or the Mythic could pop in here. Candidate #1: FreyrI honestly don't know if he's gonna actually be one to the chagrin of many - but who knows. A Plot Twist! could see it being Fafnir - but i think it's way too early for him. so it could be a Mainline game Mythic (ooh back to back?) but we'll have to see

Green
Yune 
(atk res bond, sabo res)
???
???

Well now- two empty slots.  One will belong to Pent (GDI 4, lull atk/res, times pulse) but the other is a mystery.  the hero can also slot in here - Candidate #1: Otr (maybe he dies or has a massive change of heart and joins our side). or it can be another mainline game mythic. (who I'm not really certain). Honestly. if i had to choose between blue (having the stronger share for a new hero) vs. Green (that's empty) i'm leaning towards green. (but this is what bit me last month LOL).  But i think it is easier for them to have the new hero being Green (Yune will be up for a remix eventually anyway) - vs pulling on older greens to fill up the pool. 

Colourless
Mila

(bracing stance 3, def/res rally+ sabo atk)
Eir (swift sparrow 2, mystic boost)
Louise (def/res rally+, atk/spd ideal 4, atk/spd oath)

Simply and easy, Louise is the next in line, and I don't see them re-running an older Colourless to stretch it out. Only reason why they would is because of a potential Hero Fest for mid anniversary in August (and I 100 percent expecFallen Edelgard to be the colourless rep - which would mean that they would have Louise in August and then figure out September later either with the new hero that month or popping Fallen Edelgard there. 

Well, Im going go with green as my mythic choice.(lol i will probably be wrong again)

Respark Banner

the people have voted and Goddess's Servants will be active during this month and another 4 banners will be eligible for sparking. This banner (in case you don't remember, or are new) - has Catherine (swift sparrow 3, lull spd/def), Shamir (atk spd solo 4, Null follow up, rouse atk/spd), Seteth (for those who want to save feathers and try to get him on the way to spark), and Flayn (rescue+, deluge balm+, dazzling staff and ground orders).   I know that JIll's banner will be a contender, and Guinvere's banner will be a new entry but I'm not sure what other 2 banners will be up, (i'll try to pay more attention next time LOL)

Weekly Revivals
and last but not least - the revival schedule for July
July 4th - Alm, Delthea (last appearance this cycle), Faye
July 11th - Flying Olivia, Male Fallen Grima, Female Morgan
July 18th - Ayra, Blue Olwen, Amelia (First appearance this cycle)
July 25th: Leif, Shiro, Rahjat.

While we've still got the first 3H banner running, not to mention another summer banner (new), and the other ones popping up - remember that usually we get a Hero Fest the first week of August, CYL 5 will be announced (who knows if it will have multi-spark, it might) and there'll be a Double Special hero banner so budget orbs (and/or wallets) accordingly. 

think that's everything, I hope this road map helps you a tonne and see you next month!

My guesses would be: 

Freyr as the third blue
CYL Edelgard and Pent as the other greens
Louise as the third colorless

I was about to go with Shamir being one of the greens (since she was technically never used on a Legendary / Mythic banner), but then I remembered that her banner is getting re-run this month anyways. It's kinda easy to tune those re-run polls out when Three Houses wins them almost every time (when it's an option).

I really can't see Otr happening here instead of September, which features Byleth's first return instead of outdated Yune. That, and September ended up being the slot for Thrasir and Plumeria (fellow lesser antagonists) before him.

I feel like the mythic is going to be blue for sure. Yune, Duma, and Eir are generally not as appealing partners for a first-time mythic as Dimitri and Seiros are.

As for who it's gonna be ... Freyr is always an option. If he doesn't make it this month, there's a good chance I'll give up on hoping he will be added because by that point he would have been held back even longer than Hel was after book 3 ended. There's a chance that the next story chapter will yeet Fafnir out of the story or otherwise puts him on our side, which would make him eligible to be a legendary too. And he is blue.

Not completely sure which non-OCs would be likely for blue this month, because even if Anankos, Medeus, and Deghinsea could get in this month there's nothing that says they have to be blue. Of the candidates who WOULD have to be blue, that's, uh ... Njorun and Dainn? The guy who wielded Malte? Heim with the original Naga tome? Yeah, I don't see them getting in right now.

I have no doubt that Freyr will be released in some form eventually, but if he doesn't show up this month, I'll assume that a seasonal will be his only presence in the foreseeable future, like Bruno/Gustav/Henriette.

I might be wrong but I'm 99% sure this month prediction is not about who will be the mythic, it's about what blessing Freyr will have. And I predict light blessing.

For August looks like red and colorless are most value specially latter one.

September mostly Otr is confirmed there.

Edited by Naoshi

I get that you guys think we're getting Freyr but come on now. When was the last time we had a male mythic? I'm guessing it'll be, like, Henriette or something.

1 hour ago, kuromiko said:

I get that you guys think we're getting Freyr but come on now. When was the last time we had a male mythic? I'm guessing it'll be, like, Henriette or something.

On second thought, you might be on to something. After just looking, I found out Freyr's Japanese VA also voices Yamcha from Dragon Ball. I could continue, but if you know anything about Yamcha then the joke just writes itself from there.

Either way, I'm certainly far from 100% confident that this month will bring Freyr and certainly won't be upset if it isn't Freyr. It's just that this is likely Freyr's last real shot, so if he doesn't show up here he'll either be stuck in purgatory forever or eventually end up in alt only hell.

2 hours ago, kuromiko said:

Male mythics aren't somehow impossible, Otr and Fafnir should be coming in a few months.

I really hope they finally knock out Freyr. How long did it take for Hel to be released following Book 3's end? Was it last July as well? This might be tradition at this point to hold out on a character from the last book this long lol. I would not be surprised if Eitri? is not released until next summer at this point. 

Anyway, I agree Pent and Louise are back. The third green is indeed probably someone old like B Edelgard. There's a red and green spot in August for the fallen Morgans. Marianne and Ingrid alike can share on August's blue, while Fallen Edelgard and the new Legendary will be in colorless. 

Excited for a potential Freyr and for next month!

lol; I like the pun in the title. X3

But yeah, I'm hoping we finally get Freyr, but I feel like it may be a bit awkward after this many book 5 characters have been introduced to the summoning pool... I feel like the best way for him to get in is a seasonal at this point...

Also, Anakos. Still hoping he gets in at some point here, and I can't see him really being anything other than a mythic (or, I suppose, a seasonal unit.)

7 hours ago, SockPuppet said:

I really hope they finally knock out Freyr. How long did it take for Hel to be released following Book 3's end? Was it last July as well? This might be tradition at this point to hold out on a character from the last book this long lol. I would not be surprised if Eitri? is not released until next summer at this point. 

Anyway, I agree Pent and Louise are back. The third green is indeed probably someone old like B Edelgard. There's a red and green spot in August for the fallen Morgans. Marianne and Ingrid alike can share on August's blue, while Fallen Edelgard and the new Legendary will be in colorless. 

Excited for a potential Freyr and for next month!

Hel was July, yeah.

Book 5 seems to be off to a faster start, with Dagr showing up early in the book. If we get Otr in September and Fafnir+Eitri in November, that'd be all of them.

Actual Grima as the next mythic and one who one-ups legendary F!Grima and M!Grima despite legendary F!Grima just being part of the remix and them getting the ability to refine their Expiration and even Halloween F!Grima would be hilarious. It would be our fourth Grima. Grima Emblem! Coming to stores near you and traumatizing a particular Ylissean noble even more.

15 hours ago, Naoshi said:

I might be wrong but I'm 99% sure this month prediction is not about who will be the mythic, it's about what blessing Freyr will have. And I predict light blessing.

I predict Anima blessing because Freyja is Light and Anima is what we've gone the longest without.

12 hours ago, kuromiko said:

Every non-Askr OC since book 3 has become a mythic. Much of the reason we get so many female mythics is because so many of these OCs are female. We can't expect them to just never do male mythics again.

I don't think Henriette (or Gustav, for that matter) will ever be a mythic.

Blue is a very strong color this month, so we could have a new mythic there... and Freyr could be the Hel of this year, that released moths after the book ended.

But I will not be surprised if we get Green instead. Green back-to-back isn't impossible to happen.

16 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I was about to go with Shamir being one of the greens (since she was technically never used on a Legendary / Mythic banner), but then I remembered that her banner is getting re-run this month anyways.

That didn't stop Brave Edelgard from appearing in a Hero Fest and the re-run in May.

I have to agree with you... I don't think we will see Shamir this month in the Mythic Banner.

55 minutes ago, Florete said:

I predict Anima blessing because Freyja is Light and Anima is what we've gone the longest without.

The reason why I predict light, It's because Otr and Fafnir are mostly the last two spots Mythic and I don't see them as Light neither of them. Fafnir could fit easily dark... and maybe Otr Anima? I don't know to be honest.

2 hours ago, Naoshi said:

The reason why I predict light, It's because Otr and Fafnir are mostly the last two spots Mythic and I don't see them as Light neither of them. Fafnir could fit easily dark... and maybe Otr Anima? I don't know to be honest.

Anima Freyr, Dark Otr, Anima Fafnir + Light Eitri.

I think Freyr has a lot more of Light than Eitri. 
Freyr being on the same element as Freyja actually makes sense, as they're siblings and they were once very well aligned. Freyja later changed into a bad person, but 'redeemed' and repented in the end, which I guess is what they wanted to show with her being Light. 

4 minutes ago, Rinco said:

I think Freyr has a lot more of Light than Eitri. 
Freyr being on the same element as Freyja actually makes sense, as they're siblings and they were once very well aligned. Freyja later changed into a bad person, but 'redeemed' and repented in the end, which I guess is what they wanted to show with her being Light. 

It may make sense, but from a gameplay perspective, I imagine they'd want them to be different.

Well, to be honest, I don't even think we'll get Freyr ever (maybe seasonal). He was always a pacifist in the storyline and refused to fight even when he had to face us (being without a weapon at all). So...