Started playing Conquest again after "5" years

- Niles is great but why the hell does a Bow user have sub 80s Hitrates on literally the slowest mages.

- I always liked Mozume, she's adorbs and I like foot lance units.

- Knight/Generals are boring to me but I want to turn Effie into a Maid or something cooler (i.e Spear Fighter).

- My Felicia is getting Str blessed but is behind in Spd by like 3 points...still doubles, though.

- Don't feel like using Silas, even though I want Sophie. I like Silas, but Cavaliers are also boring to me.

- Why do people call it's "Fates". It's literally divided into three games. You can't just say "im playing fates".

- Can I S-support this lovely woman:

200px-Generic_portrait_shrine_maiden_fe1

Bows have triangle disadvantage against tomes. It's a little backwards how Outlaws are suppose to have high Res to take mages, but can't hit them reliably without Dual Yumi.

Maybe people generally call it Fates as a blanket term for all of the games since outside of the maps and available characters they are the same game. Also I think most people probably got 2 or 3 of them anyways.

7 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Bows have triangle disadvantage against tomes. It's a little backwards how Outlaws are suppose to have high Res to take mages, but can't hit them reliably without Dual Yumi.

How in the world did I miss that.

7 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

Maybe people generally call it Fates as a blanket term for all of the games since outside of the maps and available characters they are the same game. Also I think most people probably got 2 or 3 of them anyways.

I know it's a blanket statement but it's weird when people say it and they're likely only playing one of them at a time, like me right now.

Honestly, this game is really good. I'm a veteran FE player and really enjoyed Awakening (probably 2nd after RD for me). Fates brings so many new things to the table. It's really fun and original, and Conquest is being quite a decent challenge.

Niles has always ended up sucking for me. He just never has strength, ever. Which is a shame, because certain captures are really nice.

You might already know this, but try giving Felicia the flame shuriken when you get it in chapter 12 (she needs C shuriken rank though).

8 minutes ago, the actual real soul said:

How in the world did I miss that.

They’re color coded, red (swords and tomes) beats green (axes and bows), which beats blue (lances and shuriken), which beats red. I know it sounds like I’m explaining the game to a 5 year old but they really are, it’s the color of the weapon icon (some weapons reverse the weapon triangle and I don’t remember if this is reflected in their color).

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Niles has always ended up sucking for me. He just never has strength, ever.

Ditto. Except replace "strength" with "pretty much everything besides speed and resistance". It's why I just use him long enough to marry him and drop him like a hot potato the moment I get Nina.

Marry Niles off to Mozu so he can be reclassed to Archer. Quick Draw + Certain Blow + Bowfaire = GODiles

qz0kPAo.png

6 hours ago, Maof06 said:

Marry Niles off to Mozu so he can be reclassed to Archer. Quick Draw + Certain Blow + Bowfaire = GODiles

qz0kPAo.png

woah

But is all that really necessary? I thouht it would jus be an earlygame thing. I also like Outlaw a lot more than other bow classes. Bow Knights are boring. >:Ñ

4 hours ago, the actual real soul said:

woah

But is all that really necessary? I thouht it would jus be an earlygame thing. I also like Outlaw a lot more than other bow classes. Bow Knights are boring. >:Ñ

Not really, no. I just did this because I thought it would be useful.

1 minute ago, the actual real soul said:

I'm literally only using Kaze for Midoriko.

Understandable. Also, in case you don't know, paralogues scale according to your progress in the story.

Ch.10 is lowkey a nightmare. It's not the hell that I remember from Ch.17, but it constantly keeps you on your toes. Doesn't help my Avatar is frail as shit and hasn't gained Def in like 10 levels. My Mozume is lowkey carrying.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Understandable. Also, in case you don't know, paralogues scale according to your progress in the story.

I had no idea...

- Why do people call it's "Fates". It's literally divided into three games. You can't just say "im playing fates".

That's like saying if you eat spaghetti and meatballs you're not eating spaghetti. Also, even with your mindset, you can if ur playing the first several chapters since they are pre birthright/conquest/revelations.

There was this one account on reddit that would just correct people every time they posted anything about Revelations, saying it was Revelation. It's like reminding people that it's Monster Hunter 3 Tri instead of Monster Hunter Tri.

Ch.10 is lowkey a nightmare. It's not the hell that I remember from Ch.17, but it constantly keeps you on your toes. Doesn't help my Avatar is frail as shit and hasn't gained Def in like 10 levels. My Mozume is lowkey carrying.

I'm not sure that's even lowkey. I think that's one of the big chapters ppl complain about.

1 hour ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

That's like saying if you eat spaghetti and meatballs you're not eating spaghetti. Also, even with your mindset, you can if ur playing the first several chapters since they are pre birthright/conquest/revelations.

jajjajja what

1 hour ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

I'm not sure that's even lowkey. I think that's one of the big chapters ppl complain about.

Oh, I thought it was just me... not like I overtrain my Avatar and expect him to kill everything. He still hasn't grown Def in literally 50 levels worth of resetting. My Felicia has more Def than him.

1 hour ago, the actual real soul said:

Oh, I thought it was just me... not like I overtrain my Avatar and expect him to kill everything. He still hasn't grown Def in literally 50 levels worth of resetting. My Felicia has more Def than him.

OOF. What boon and bane did you pick?

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, I thought it was just me... not like I overtrain my Avatar and expect him to kill everything. He

still hasn't grown Def in literally 50 levels worth of resetting. My Felicia has more Def than him.

To give you some perspective, the complaint I remember seeing from Conquest players about ch 10 is that a single unit (or rather 2 paired units) can't solo the chapter because there are too many spaces to defend and too many guys who will just go on the spaces to win instead of suiciding against Corrrin or whoever ur trying to solo with.

46 minutes ago, Original Johan Liebert said:

Have you ever beaten it though?

Definitely over 50 times, and this is legit no hyperbole. I have like 1200 hours clocked on it.

Edited by Nobody

Just now, Nobody said:

Definitely over 50 times, and this is legit no hiperbole. I have like 1200 hours clocked on it.

Well the last time you talked to me you told me that you lost it every time Corrin bounced off Camilla's boobs, so I assumed you had never managed to finish the game because you turned it off in frustration.

On 7/21/2021 at 12:26 AM, Original Johan Liebert said:

Well the last time you talked to me you told me that you lost it every time Corrin bounced off Camilla's boobs, so I assumed you had never managed to finish the game because you turned it off in frustration.

When did Corrin bounce off of Cowmilla's breasts.