FE4: When a Gen 2 unit inherits a weapon, will the weapon have 50 uses again or it will be the same amount of uses it had left in the end of gen 1?

ARMADS!!!

In the case the question is not clear I'll give an example: Imagine I left, say, Forseti with like 5 uses in the end of Gen 1, in Gen 2 will Ced inherit the tome with 50 uses again as if it were new or it will have only 5 since this is the amount of uses I had left for it in the end of Gen 1?

Asking to know if I have to spare some uses to gen 2 or if I can go crazy in the end of gen 1 and abuse of the good weapons (as long as they don't break).

Weapon uses as a rule do not reset. To use your example, Holsety will remain with five uses, and Sety will have to spend a fair bit of money fixing it back up.

Exception: 

Spoiler

Celice will lose the Tyrfing on inheritance. When you get it back, it will be fully repaired should it have any uses remaining. If it is broken, however, it will remain so.

Oh, too bad, it would be cooler if the uses of the weapons were restored (kinda like Mani Katti's are between Lyn tale and Eliwood/Hector tale), I really wanted to go full berserk mode killing everyone with the holy weapons until they had only 1 use remaining to then have them back untouched in gen 2, but yeah, it makes sense that they aren't automatically restored like in FE7 since in FE4 you can repair weapons (while in FE7 you can't so you would have to be stuck with 45 mani kati uses for 31 chapters and without this sword Lyn is pretty bad most of the times)

One more thing, just to be sure, aren't Gaé Bolg's uses restored too? since

Spoiler

Altena is initially an enemy and will have it later on? (before someone shits on me for saying this in the case I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure if she is an enemy when she first appears or just a green unit, I didn't get there yet, so sorry if I'm saying a crap ton of nonsense here, also I don't mind being spoiled about THIS, don't really care if she's an enemy or just a green unit before you recruit her)

Idk if it makes sense, but it sounds "unfair" to 

Spoiler

Give an 5 uses or so weapon to an enemy (in the case the player left it with almost no uses) or even a broken weapon, since it could make things easier for the player, sure you can recruit her later on but still (idk if you can fail to recruit her?)

Anyway, regardless of if I'm mistaken about what I just said, I have another motive that makes me think that it is possible that Gaé bolg gets back with full uses: I saw some people saying that theorically you can get a duplicate of the holy spear, I don't exactly remember how, and in the thread I found about it, the discussion ended without a exactly clear conclusion so I don't know if it is possible 

Spoiler

But basically they were saying that since Altena is going to have Gaé Bolg when she appears, you could do something else with Quan's Gaé Bolg (still in gen 1, obviously) to try to make another character inherit it somehow (but none could, that was the problem), people were saying that since it could get "lost in the inheritance sistem" like Tyrfing, the Gaé Bolg that Altena has is not the same as Quan's (not lore wise obviously, but it seems like she has another copy of the lance in the codes or something). I don't know if the "Getting a second Gaé bolg copy" thing works, but if the theory about Altena having a different one in the code or whatever is true, then I think it backs up my theory?

So it made me think that you could get Gaé Bolg with full uses in Gen 2, but I coulnd't find any actual proof of this, so can someone who actually played the game until you get it back confirm if it will be full uses again?

Also, sorry for the ong answer (think I had some problem trying to explain the Gaé bolg theory) :P

FE4 doesn't track non-player weapon uses at all, for whatever that's worth; any weapon in an enemy's inventory has no use counter displayed and effectively has unlimited durability.

Not sure how this interacts with broken weapons or with weapon durability upon recruitment for second-generation characters recruited from the enemy side, though.

Edited by Topaz Light

12 hours ago, Topaz Light said:

FE4 doesn't track non-player weapon uses at all, for whatever that's worth; any weapon in an enemy's inventory has no use counter displayed and effectively has unlimited durability.

Not sure how this interacts with broken weapons or with weapon durability upon recruitment for second-generation characters recruited from the enemy side, though.

Cool, Thanks