Special Heroes: Summer's Dream

LoneStar

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow. The banner is even less exiting then I thought. Not that I've got much room to complain given that the previous already give me everything I wanted. Summer Caeda is nice I guess but I don't find her swimsuit all that appealing and I've never cared for the ball and chain she's dragging around as a duo hero.

Ogma's really the only thing I like though out of all the Ogma's out there he's probably the one I wanted the least as a summer unit. 

A shame about the news. Seems there's never a dull moment in a news room these days...

~Freya traded Distant Counter for all stat +5 and half of NFU. Not bad I suppose, at least for a more offensive unit. Also Fatal Smoke remains a seasonal skill. Sigh...
...I do like her floatie toy though.
~Welcome to the "Heroes who are only allowed to live if they dress up in seasonal clothing" club Freyr. Oh I see you're gonna be bulky as hell? That's cool. Call me back when you put some actual clothes on.
~Ogma looks like a demote for sure. Alright weapon, though it'd probably be a better fit with a Unity skill. No additional effects like penalty nullification is kinda weak though...
~So... what, all it took was one alt and now Caeda's whole "thing" is effective damage on Swords/Lances/Axes/Bows/Armors? Her kit certainly makes her able to do it offensively, compared to her young alt doing it defensively. Being a cav also means she won't die immediately if a bow isn't immediately dead. Flow Refresh looks alright, though counter-intuitive to an offensive unit who wants to be in WoM range. We'll have to see just who can inherit it before knowing how effective it truly can be...
~Norne is the Grail unit.
...wait she's also a Lance unit? But... wouldn't that mean the "common" weapon effect is completely locked to Lances?

Edited by Xenomata

Yeah, these units are cool and all, but FREE NORNE FROM THE TEMPEST TRIALS BAYBEEEEEEEEEE

Ahem... I am excited for Norne out of all the units being released, I'll definitely be building her up.

Also, why are Caeda and Plumeria paired up? I have no problems with that, just wondering how they fit together.

I would be more tempted If Harmonic wasnt from repeated titles. With that, I can skip. But that's a nice banner.

Also weird to see a banner unit and the TT unit sharing weapon and movement types.

3 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Also, why are Caeda and Plumeria paired up? I have no problems with that, just wondering how they fit together.

Maybe Caeda will explain to Plumeria what love means? 

They could've at least made Caeda's partner Mirabilis, the only fairy without an alt.

Maybe Caeda could've been Tsubasa, since TMS didn't have a Harmonic at all.

Are they literally going to leave Freyr as a summer alt and skip making him a Mythic? Because with the options for beasts being limited as they are, seems like a very dumb option to decide to not make regular Freyr. But on the other hand, regular Freyr is blue, so maybe???

Kind of disappointed by the Harmonic, tbh. I like dolphins, but this might be one dolphin-related thing I'm definitely going to pass on. And Freyja is good to have as a beast option, but ... losing DC just doesn't do it for me. At least Ogma got good art.

Edited by Sunwoo

Caeda and Plumeria both possess the powers of seduction of course. Whenever I think Caeda, I think sex, just like Plum!

Anyway… lol. Freyr is a NEED. He looks amazing! Will try for a copy of Ogma as well, his new VA sounds great! 🙂 a newcomer, I believe.

The duo… err, that art. That art… looks very… unfinished? Or just not that good. I am not sure how I feel about it… maybe the bright orange on Caeda is kinda unappealing too… but their faces… yeah, idk…

Freja looks like a WHOLE snack lmao. Good for her! 

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...wait she's also a Lance unit? But... wouldn't that mean the "common" weapon effect is completely locked to Lances?

I'm guessing she'll get an Atk/Spd variant of the weapon.

7 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~Freya traded Distant Counter for all stat +5 and half of NFU. Not bad I suppose, at least for a more offensive unit. Also Fatal Smoke remains a seasonal skill. Sigh...
...I do like her floatie toy though.

Freya loves her brother, Freyr loves his Pineapple lol. NFU and dodge on a cavalry unit is nice.

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

~So... what, all it took was one alt and now Caeda's whole "thing" is effective damage on Swords/Lances/Axes/Bows/Armors? Her kit certainly makes her able to do it offensively, compared to her young alt doing it defensively. Being a cav also means she won't die immediately if a bow isn't immediately dead. Flow Refresh looks alright, though counter-intuitive to an offensive unit who wants to be in WoM range. We'll have to see just who can inherit it before knowing how effective it truly can be...

This is one way they release a skill and have some balance to it. Give Cavalry and I'm assuming fliers NFU, but make WoM plays harder.

I was scared that Lynja got a new partner, but Tiki's dance works on her because of Ninian.

Honestly I wished I'd summon on this banner since I wouldn't mind any of the units, so going full circles would have been okay. As opposed to sniping colorless just to get screwed.

Oh, shit ... can't believe it took me this long to realize it, but Ogma's art is giving me some Hetalia Germany vibes lol

My thread was late for a minute, hehe. If someone could lock it, I'd be grateful. 

I'll go onto the units gameplay in a bit, first let me gush about the art of most of them. 

Freyja and Freyr look A-MA-ZING! Their art is soo good, and I love the little Goat Plushie Freyja is carrying while Freyr has the pineapple juice (Piña colada, maybe?). And their Goat forms with the flower collars...it's just so good. I need them both, but I don't have many orbs so I'll have to leave it to RNG. 

S!Ogma also has pretty good art. I had forgotten he's supposed to be good looking with his OG Version's art. His art here captures the vibe that he's way too serious when he's supposed to be relaxing, that's awesome!

Now the Harmonic...I have mixed feelings about this one. For starters I feel Plumeria's face is off somehow, but her swimsuit looks pretty nice. Caeda is the opposite, her face is fine but her swimsuit looks kinda weird to me (and she's nowhere near that stacked if her other arts are anything to go by). 

I hope Norne also has pretty good art, but we'll be seeing that later. 

Art ramblings aside, let's see how these guys perform as units:

• S!Freyja trades DC for NFU in her prf, but keeps the in-built Dodge. This already tells that she's going to be purely for Player phase, although the lack of a Slaying effect makes her a little iffy for Galeforce strats. Most of her kit is the same as her OG version, and her stats are likely to follow suit. The only new thing she brings over her normal variant is Fatal Smoke, which is an A+ skill for AR-D as it shuts down so many things. Being a colorless cavalry beast also makes her pretty unique as the only other one is NY!Selkie, and Selkie isn't all that great nowadays. 
  • S!Freyr's Prf is simple yet effective. The Atk swing it generates is akin to Spendthrift Bow, but this one doesn't have that nasty -2 CD penalty. Instead, it gives Freyr a guaranteed follow up and thanks to his status as a beast cav, he gets a mini Impact effect if he's transformed. It seems he'll have low to middling Spd and focus most of his BST on Atk/Def/Res. His skills are nice, they help make him even bulkier. 
  • S!Ogma is the demote unit of the batch, and he brings some juicy stuff to the table. The weapon is a little niche,if they're close to an ally, it grants the user +6 visible Atk and if close to an ally then +5 Atk/Def in-combat. With how common stuff like Atk Tactic is, I feel half the weapon is wasted but it might be good for AA or something. The Dual Threaten 2 isn't all that impressive, but it's a nice way to get the 3 version for arena scoring. The big stuff is a relatively easy to get Atk/Spd Solo 3, which many units want. 
  • Harmonic Caeda & Plumeria has kinda iffy value as both the titles they represent already form part of other Harmonic heroes. But well, as a unit they are pretty strong as their Prf has the very strong effectiveness against melee beorc weapons, with bows and armors as a bonus just like Y!Caeda. Then add Canto 2 for AR-O utility. Flow Refresh is scary, it's the offensive half of NFU, but cavs can use it and then add a better Renewal effect and you get this skill. I wonder if fliers will be able to use it, too. Harmonized skill has been seen before on Halloween Tiki and Plegian Dorothea, so not much to say there. Stats are nice: 39/33/42/26/28. The Atk is a little low, but that's to be expected when the effectiveness covers a lot of units. Guaranteed Spd superasset.

Freyr's transformation looks sweet. I guess his Dream-King version isn't going to show up soon, but hopefully it'll get in eventually, along with the regular versions of Veronica/Bruno/Gustav/Henriette - whatever forms those take.

Personally I was hoping he'd be the demote so I could pick him up easily, but I guess that would have been too much to hope for. Ogma is unexciting but fine, it'll be nice getting a version of him with a more typical art style. I'll plan to go for him after I finish with the previous summer banner.

The duo is strikingly unexciting. Not only is it the first Harmonic not to feature a new game, it also reuses an exact effect which was on the previous FE3 Harmonic. The unit is certainly powerful, but still. The axe cavalry unit type is a useful benefit, although now that I think about it that's also the same unit type as the previous Heroes Harmonic. This is so weird.

Hopefully Mirabilis gets a seasonal soon, and hopefully FE5 and TMS get their Harmonics. They can't overlook TMS for the dancer banner, right?

Freyr looks great here, but I really hope this doesn't mean he'll get the Gustav treatment as I was looking forward to him as a Mythic. I may still try to get him as I still want him, but I'll wait until the Mythic banner drops before going for it.

Edited by Medeus

So as it turned out, there was a Japanese VA from the Fallen banner that ended up being on this banner. It was just Jurota Kosugi (he was Orson) as Ogma instead of Yoshimasa Hosoya (M!Morgan) as Yashiro. Between that and their choice of Harmonic (Caeda with someone who isn't Tsubasa), IS was all about subverting expectations here.

Also, it's very telling that IS would rather give Norne an alt before Mirabilis. Perhaps even they have realized that Mirabilis was entirely pointless and want to forget that they made her.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So as it turned out, there was a Japanese VA from the Fallen banner that ended up being on this banner. It was just Jurota Kosugi (he was Orson) as Ogma instead of Yoshimasa Hosoya (M!Morgan) as Yashiro. Between that and their choice of Harmonic (Caeda with someone who isn't Tsubasa), IS was all about subverting expectations here.

Also, it's very telling that IS would rather give Norne an alt before Mirabilis. Perhaps even they have realized that Mirabilis was entirely pointless and want to forget that they made her.

Norne got 189 votes on CYL5, Mirabilis got 619.

I'm guessing they're saving her for a banner where there's room for her to show up as a rare unit with her personal assist. Could do the same for Triandra alongside her, so they'll all have their assists showing up a second time.

SD!Freyja feels a bit tame as far as nukes go. She is very pretty though, so I think I might grab a copy for collecting purposes.

Similar to SD!Freyja, SD!Freyr also feels tame even though he has guaranteed follow-up. I guess as more units like Duessel and Zeke gets introduced, the less exciting guaranteed follow-up on cavalry becomes. I think I will try to grab a copy too and try to turn him into a Galeforcer.

SD!Ogma is okay for fodder. Atk/Spd Solo is decent for dual phase units and staff nukes.

Seems like the point of SD!Caeda is to make Resonant Battles easier, and you just need to replace Flow Refresh with Trace for more mobility. She will be my priority, and I will try to grab at least two copies. It is nice to see Plumeria in a swimsuit, although the art work as a whole does feel a bit off though. 

21 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm guessing they're saving her for a banner where there's room for her to show up as a rare unit with her personal assist. Could do the same for Triandra alongside her, so they'll all have their assists showing up a second time.

Or, there just might be no plans for a Mirabilis alt. Being a Heroes OC doesn't mean you're guaranteed an alt, otherwise grill master Summer Surtr would've happened by now (and I'd deadass prefer that over any Mirabilis alt).

I'm not at all surprised to see the Fairy Goat Siblings, and I'm not surprised to see Norne due to the earlier silhouette teaser they showed. I am, however, very surprised that Female Kris didn't find her way onto the banner. I thought she'd be a lock, for sure. I predicted Caeda would be part of the Harmonic duo, but...not with Plumeria. I was sure Caeda would get paired with Tsubasa.

I'm happy Norne is free and I'm happy to see Ogma get some love. Other than that, this banner is "eh" for me. I like Caeda a lot, but...eh. I'll use my free summon, of course, but I dunno if I'll spend any orbs here.

Honestly, I feel people were greatly overestimating F!Kris's chances and never realized that she actually isn't that popular (unlike the other three female avatars). In F!Kris's best year (CYL4), she only managed to make it to 217th (M!Kris got 98th) and then backslide to 267th in CYL5 (M!Kris was 185th). Compare that to the CYL4 ranks of the other female avatars: 

Robin: 23rd (rose to 18th in CYL5)
Corrin: 21st (rose to 11th in CYL5)
Byleth: 7th (rose to 6th in CYL5)

Well. Freyja's busted. I love the Goat Float, though. X3 But her being Oliva 2 ("I'll wear attention-grabbing lack-of-garb, but don't look at me!") is kind of annoying. She looks like she wants solo skills/"perfection" skills. Also, called Freyr getting in as a seasonal. Interesting how he wants bond skills (to stick near allies) while she wants to be alone, especially since she was the clingy one between the two of them. But...why is he so underpowered compared to her? They're supposed to be equals... That's...urgh. There's just no excuse... Also, Freyr's appearance is a lot less frail than I expected. Also, his voice isn't what I expected either. Looks like he'll be tanky with that def/res skill.

OGMA IS BEST OH MAN. XD I'm glad he got some attention! He's one of my favorite Archinaeans. Obvious demote, but that'll make him easier to get at least.

Aaaand one of my least favorite Archanaeans if not my absolute least favorite...along with a fairy I dislike. Well...they have a cool axe. Very pretty. I like the axe. (Its effect is gross, though. So is their harmonized skill.)

Grats to those who recognized Norne!

Looks like I'll be aiming for Ogma and Freyr, so blue and red. Is DO NOT have the orbs for this, so hopefully they show up quickly.

Looks like an "unrequited love" sort of banner. The difference here is that Ogma has accepted that Caeda doesn't love him (he's better off without her, honestly) and Freyja's...Freyja. And Plumeria is a whole other mess. I know pretty much nothing about Norne, though.