Special Heroes: Summer's Dream

LoneStar

I will probably give S!Norne a dodge skill on the B slot. She can probably run that pretty well in the Arena.
Haven't decided on the weapon yet, tho.

Edited by Rinco

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

So you're saying it may be good to keep her default Lance instead of looking for something else?

Of the weapons you listed, I only have Courtly Candle and Instant Lance. Of those two, I'm probably leaning towards using Instant Lance, since I have more Fernands to burn. So you're suggesting a Desperation build with that, right? I think I have a spare SS3, but that still leaves the C slot open. I think the only T4 C Skill I have free right now is L!Corrin's Joint Drive Atk, but obviously I'd rather give that to someone who can also use DC...

Edit: I also have a Ronan with Joint Drive Spd, but he also has Swift Stance 3 as well, which is admittedly a more niche Skill than DC, but it still makes me want to wait before foddering him.

Yeah, her default weapon is weaker than the alternatives due to the fact that bonuses are easily offloaded to teammates, but the difference isn't that big except when compared to the Flowing Lance (because a super-charged Lull on the weapon slot is just that good), so you can certainly make do with her default weapon and wait to get something better.

Instant Lance is compatible with any of the typical player-phase B-slot skills (Desperation, Lull, Dodge, Null Follow-Up), so it's your pick with what you have available to you and what you want Norne to do. Desperation obviously gives the most sustain, but the other options are comparatively stronger the fewer rounds of combat she needs to fight.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Instant Lance is compatible with any of the typical player-phase B-slot skills (Desperation, Lull, Dodge, Null Follow-Up), so it's your pick with what you have available to you and what you want Norne to do. Desperation obviously gives the most sustain, but the other options are comparatively stronger the fewer rounds of combat she needs to fight.

Thanks again! In that case, I'll probably do something with Instant Lance + Desperation until I get Flowing Lance and/ or Spurn. I was thinking about making a "one-round wonder" build with It's Curtains, Flashing Blade and Aether (so she'd fire the latter in her second hit against an enemy that can counter-attack), but that's probably too gimmicky to work, huh?

Y'know, I just realized that the theme for this event is probably in reference to "A Midsummer Night's Dream," complete with royal fairies.

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

Y'know, I just realized that the theme for this event is probably in reference to "A Midsummer Night's Dream," complete with royal fairies.

...oh yeah, you may be onto something there! Well spotted! Clearly you know about more than just mythology~

Anyway, I just hope this paralogue doesn't involve Ogma getting a donkey's head or Caeda thinking she's in love with him 😛

Looks like I'm stuck in pity-breaker hell like usual. Figures.

I've so far gotten only 1 copy each of Freyr and Freyja (and a 4-star Ogma), but at the same time I've also gotten male Kris, Sue, Lugh, Eleonora, Ranulf, Velouria, Jill, Julian, Dedue, and Geric. Even more obnoxious is fact that the Sue, Lugh, Ranulf, and Gerik all have the exact same Asset and Flaw as my existing copy.

On the bright side, Kris is brand new for me and Eleonora and Jill have the correct Assets (and I have an existing copy of each to merge to get rid of their Flaws).

EDIT: Adding Dedue.

EDIT 2: And Gerik, who also has the exact same Asset and Flaw as my existing copy.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Looks like I'm stuck in pity-breaker hell like usual. Figures.

I've so far gotten only 1 copy each of Freyr and Freyja (and a 4-star Ogma), but at the same time I've also gotten male Kris, Sue, Lugh, Eleonora, Ranulf, Velouria, Jill, Julian, Dedue, and Geric. Even more obnoxious is fact that the Sue, Lugh, Ranulf, and Gerik all have the exact same Asset and Flaw as my existing copy.

On the bright side, Kris is brand new for me and Eleonora and Jill have the correct Assets (and I have an existing copy of each to merge to get rid of their Flaws).

EDIT: Adding Dedue.

EDIT 2: And Gerik, who also has the exact same Asset and Flaw as my existing copy.

That sounds horrible! How many Orbs have you spent so far?

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

That sounds horrible! How many Orbs have you spent so far?

I've only made 94 pulls so far, so only about 450 orbs. 12 5-stars in 94 pulls is an insane 12.8% 5-star rate, but 2 banner 5-stars is only 2.1%, which is not completely out of the ordinary. But it's still frustrating to see so many godforsaken pity-breakers when my banner rate is below average.

Oh, and the Velouria would get me to +10... except that I have still not pulled a single +Spd Velouria ever, so it'd be a waste to actually merge this copy in.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I've only made 94 pulls so far, so only about 450 orbs. 12 5-stars in 94 pulls is an insane 12.8% 5-star rate, but 2 banner 5-stars is only 2.1%, which is not completely out of the ordinary. But it's still frustrating to see so many godforsaken pity-breakers when my banner rate is below average.

Oh, and the Velouria would get me to +10... except that I have still not pulled a single +Spd Velouria ever, so it'd be a waste to actually merge this copy in.

That reminds me of my attempt to get S!Myrrh earlier this year. I wasted ~500 Orbs as well. At least you got the Goats, right?

As for Velouria, I take it you don't want to spend Trait Fruits on her?

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

At least you got the Goats, right?

Yeah, but I swear this literally happens every time I actually want to merge a unit. I want more goats.

5 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

As for Velouria, I take it you don't want to spend Trait Fruits on her?

Yeah, my Trait Fruits are all reserved for Forma units since distribution of them is so slow.

But at the very least, she's not quite at vanilla Ike levels of disappointing Traits. I've so far pulled a total of 20 copies of vanilla Ike and still none of them have an Atk Asset (though at this point, I'm actually considering running a Spd Asset simply because he actually has decent enough Spd with his refine and Respendent stats).

Is Summer Freyja like, the lewdest art yet? I didn’t pay much attention to it during the trailer, but after pulling her in game and looking at the poses… holy crap. 

1 hour ago, Jave said:

Is Summer Freyja like, the lewdest art yet?

I think Spring Loki still has that dishonor, and depending on your definition of lewd, Fallen Female Corrin and Hot Springs Camilla are other candidates.

Okay, that was a really sweet story. Freyr is such a bro, man. What a nice guy. (I really, REALLY want to summon him, but I'm being disciplined and going for Axe Valor first. It helps knowing that the banner's going to last a month.)

As my typical shit luck would have it, I finally get Caeda, and she's -Spd. Wonderful.

Kind of like how my first Freyja was also -Spd. But I have since managed to pull a second Freyja... but now both of my Freyjas are +HP. What is this even.

19 hours ago, FailWood said:

I think Spring Loki still has that dishonor, and depending on your definition of lewd, Fallen Female Corrin and Hot Springs Camilla are other candidates.

As well as S!Byleth; Freyja is nothing compared to that particular set of artworks. Summer Corrin was also quite... questionable.

19 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Okay, that was a really sweet story. Freyr is such a bro, man. What a nice guy. (I really, REALLY want to summon him, but I'm being disciplined and going for Axe Valor first. It helps knowing that the banner's going to last a month.)

On a lighter topic, I agree: that was a really sweet thing for him to do! Best of luck getting Axe Valor too, I hope you get it ASAP! I should probably think about getting it for PA!Azura too...

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

As my typical shit luck would have it, I finally get Caeda, and she's -Spd. Wonderful.

Kind of like how my first Freyja was also -Spd. But I have since managed to pull a second Freyja... but now both of my Freyjas are +HP. What is this even.

At least Caeda's still fast, right? As for Freyja, as long as the second is -Def or -Res, you can make good use of her as well too. It could be worse!

40 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

On a lighter topic, I agree: that was a really sweet thing for him to do! Best of luck getting Axe Valor too, I hope you get it ASAP! I should probably think about getting it for PA!Azura too...

Thanks! I really hope it comes quickly since I keep saving up 17 or so orbs before trying again. (Yep. I'm orb broke. XD)

Yeah. This banner hates me.

237 more pulls. Got the remaining 10 copies of Freyja and 4 copies of Sheeda (3 of which count as pity-breakers). Also female Fallen Corrin, Brave Camilla, Sara, Shannan, Leanne, and Louise as pity-breakers.

That's a 5.9% banner rate and 8.4% 5-star rate overall. Including my previous pulls, that's a 4.8% banner rate and a 9.7% 5-star rate overall (16 on-banner, 32 5-stars total, 331 pulls total). Above average.

So why does this banner hate me?

Of the 17 banner characters I've pulled (including the 4-star Ogma), none of them are +Spd.

Of the 11 copies of Freyja I pulled, six of them are -Spd. Not only that, but all 6 of them are exact duplicate traits, with 3 of them [+HP, -Spd] and the other 3 [+Atk, -Spd]. What the ever-loving fuck.

Since I did restrict my Byleth budget, I do still have more budget available for this banner, but I should probably perform an exorcism on my phone first. And I'm still expecting to be disappointed.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Summer Corrin was also quite... questionable.

True.  Her bikini bottom gets cut through completely on the side in her damaged art, so if that were in motion... that would be too much of an eyeful.  Her Legendary art is also suspect (Her current artist in general has quite the fetish for her.  Pushes the boundaries of what's allowed).

Okay, I'm done with this banner for now. I'll reevaluate my budget when the next Mythic banner comes around to see how much more I can afford to spend on it and will just sit here with my 5% pity rate waiting for free orbs in the meantime.

20 copies of Freyja:

• 4 [+HP, -Spd]
  • 2 [+HP, -Def]
  • 4 [+Atk, -Spd]
  • 2 [+Atk, -Def]
  • 1 [+Def, -Atk]
  • 1 [+Def, -Res]
  • 3 [+Res, -HP]
  • 2 [+Res, -Def]
  • 1 [=]

What even is this shit.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

The universe telling you to go with +atk, clearly

Yeah, seriously. At this rate, I'll be able to make both a fully merged +Atk and +Spd copy of her.

With the overly optimistic assumption that I'll ever get a +Spd copy of her to begin with.

I've settled on using the neutral copy while I wait for the next Mythic banner since it gets the most Spd after merges. Blargh.

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Okay, I'm done with this banner for now. I'll reevaluate my budget when the next Mythic banner comes around to see how much more I can afford to spend on it and will just sit here with my 5% pity rate waiting for free orbs in the meantime.

20 copies of Freyja:

• 4 [+HP, -Spd]
  • 2 [+HP, -Def]
  • 4 [+Atk, -Spd]
  • 2 [+Atk, -Def]
  • 1 [+Def, -Atk]
  • 1 [+Def, -Res]
  • 3 [+Res, -HP]
  • 2 [+Res, -Def]
  • 1 [=]

What even is this shit.

Hey, 20 copies is still amazing, and she has a superboon in Atk so that works as well! How many Orbs did you spend, if I may ask? OG!Freyja is a staple of my RB team so I wouldn't mind getting some more S!Freyjas when she comes back next year.