Special Heroes: Summer's Dream

LoneStar

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

20 Freyjas with 2900 Orbs sounds fair enough. Did you get a better Caeda in the process? What about Freyr (and Ogma, if you wanted him too)?

My best Caeda right now is +Atk, which is okay. Still not +Spd, though. Literally none of the 27 total banner units I pulled were +Spd.

Didn't pull for another Freyr or another Ogma. Both of them are [+Def, -HP] because this banner has a hard-on for giving me the exact same natures.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/8/2021 at 7:05 PM, FailWood said:

True.  Her bikini bottom gets cut through completely on the side in her damaged art, so if that were in motion... that would be too much of an eyeful.  Her Legendary art is also suspect (Her current artist in general has quite the fetish for her.  Pushes the boundaries of what's allowed).

Yeah, I'm still amazed that her damaged art wasn't edited in some way before release. Her Legendary outfit is pretty dumb as well, but the blame for that lies with Fates' atrocious designs, since Corrin's just wearing the female Nohrian Noble outfit here.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

My best Caeda right now is +Atk, which is okay. Still not +Spd, though. Literally none of the 27 total banner units I pulled were +Spd.

Didn't pull for another Freyr or another Ogma. Both of them are [+Def, -HP] because this banner has a hard-on for giving me the exact same natures.

I'm glad those three worked out for you! Freyr's a tank anyway and Ogma's not that far off either. So doing the math, you have 5 Caedas?

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, I'm still amazed that her damaged art wasn't edited in some way before release. Her Legendary outfit is pretty dumb as well, but the blame for that lies with Fates' atrocious designs, since Corrin's just wearing the female Nohrian Noble outfit here.

Not as dumb as the designs for female armor knights and great knights. Because nothing's stupider than wearing a shitload of armor up there while you're still rocking that panty.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Not as dumb as the designs for female armor knights and great knights. Because nothing's stupider than wearing a shitload of armor up there while you're still rocking that panty.

God, those are so bad.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

True, but as I said, Fates had terrible designs all around, so all of that is just par for the course 😕

Just now, DefyingFates said:

True, but as I said, Fates had terrible designs all around, so all of that is just par for the course 😕

Yeah, isn't that the truth? XD I thought Awakening's toilet armor cavaliers and their armor knights were pretty bad, but Fates was somehow worse. Especially with female outfits for melee classes.

That said, I don't like the design of any of FE's armor knights in general. They always make it look so heavy and clunky, and I wish they'd take a page out of Etrian Odyssey's book on heavy armor classes, who always look really nice but still armored.

On 7/5/2021 at 8:49 PM, Othin said:

Good catch. The Plegian and pirate banners are also notable for being newer banners, and not as goofy as most of the older ones. So even if Jugdral units would seem like a poor fit for most older banners, they have that option.

Personally I think they could use the chance to loosen up like anyone else, and they do have some comedic units. They're just also the least-known FE games. Like with a lot of things, I don't think it's something IS is actively averse to doing, just a lower priority they haven't gotten to yet.

There was a Nohrian Summer banner too, so I don’t think Jugdral having a more “grim” feel to it would exclude the cast from potential summer alts. If anything, lack of popularity would. I’m not even sure how many of the Japanese fans have played those games. 

On a semi-related note, I loved most of the Fates class and character designs. Adventurers (both male and female versions), Nohrian Nobles (both male and female versions), Maids and Butlers have my all-time favorite FE class outfits. Sky Knights, Falcon Knights, and Kinshi Knights look amazing, too.

Although I never liked Hoshido Noble (I’m not sure if it’s because it’s a pale imitation of Nohrian Noble or because the colors are much less flattering on default Corrin) and the female Cavaliers and Great Knights. The hip window works very well on Camilla, but it looks silly when every other part of a character is covered in bulky armor. Maybe the Nohrian army is too poor to afford pants for all their soldiers. 😆

4 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

There was a Nohrian Summer banner too, so I don’t think Jugdral having a more “grim” feel to it would exclude the cast from potential summer alts.

What are you talking about? Nohr is canonically ridiculous. All eight royal siblings have fanservice swimsuit DLC artwork that is in the actual game, and in the ending for Revelation you basically have a "happy ending" where the only characters who die are Izana and Scarlet, and I think only the latter's death bothered most people.

Not to mention Fates has quite a bit of out-of-place fanservice even in the story, like how in Birthright Camilla's introduction cutscene focuses on her butt and boobs as she's approaching you in a way that is ... supposed to be seductive yet menacing? Also, in Conquest's ending scene the avatar literally runs into Camilla's boobs and you get a close-up of them. And a Revelation cutscene basically gives Elise a brief panty shot. Corrin's Treehouse also adds too much weird levity in the game, where Saizo's brother or Felicia's sister can die in the previous chapter and if you encounter them in the parallel in-between chapters universe thing they won't seem affected at all. And the hot springs, where you can zoom in and look at people. Fates was built in to accommodate all this stuff, something that imo it didn't do well. Thracia wasn't. It didn't bend over backwards to put in sexual fanservice in places where it didn't belong.

So no. Nohr's tone is not grim. Nohr is not grim at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I don't know if this was pointed out before but I've been levelling up my Freyr (I'm so happy I got him!) and some of his attack sounds are goat grunts and I want to appreciate that.