Tempest Trial+: Ice & Flame 1!

A new Tempest Trials+ is coming, titled "Ice & Flame 1"! 

ZJ1Gm7h.jpg

The bonus allies of this TT+ are:

Summer Caeda (& Summer Plumeria), Summer Ogma, Summer Freyr, Summer Freyja, Summer Norne, Caeda, Norne and Ogma.

OZUqkjV.jpg

Summer Norne's skills at 5★ Lv 40:

BsLHTky.jpg

Volunteer soldier of Altea excited to be taking her first trip to the beach after having been summoned.
Appears in Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem.

KqUej5U.png Shellpoint Lance+ (Might: 14 / Range: 1)
At start of turn, if unit is within 3 spaces of an ally, grants Def+6 to unit for 1 turn.
If unit is within 3 spaces of an ally, grants Atk/Def+5 to unit during combat.

naI63I1.png Reciprocal Aid (Range: 1)
Unit and target ally swap HP. (Neither can go above their max HP.)

mp2t3tD.png Spd/Def Bond 3
If unit is adjacent to an ally, grants Spd/Def+5 during combat.

QGV2kFw.png Drive Spd 2
Grants Spd+3 to allies within 2 spaces during combat.

And the Sacred Seals are:
* Description for the enchanted version of each sacred seal *

UZcLlZK.png Spd/Res Form 3
If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally, grants Spd/Res+X to unit during combat
(X = 2 × number of allies within 2 spaces, + 1; max 7).

hL8gxn7.png Infantry Rush 3
Infantry allies within 2 spaces gain: "If unit's Atk > foe's Atk, grants Special cooldown charge +1 per unit's attack.
(Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)"

You can also earn some Divine Codes: Ephemera 7 by reaching the 6,000 score, and an Water Blessing by reaching the 12,500 score.

Ice & Flame is a first-of-its-kind special Tempest Trials+ event that will take place as a series! 

The next event in the series, titled Ice & Flame 2, is scheduled for Ver. 5.8.0. Because the story of Ice & Flame is told through a series of events,
you will be able to view the story on the Tempest Trials+ event page after the event is over, even if you didn't participate in it.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooo Infantry Rush seal.

And whoa, we get to review the story of these tempest trials?! That's awesome! X3 I wonder how this will go... It seems like kind of an odd title to not be directly tied to book 2 (but maybe it is? What if it tells what happened to Muspell and Nifl after book 2 finished? I'd love to revisit those guys!)

It'll be interesting to see what the multi-part TT will mean. Now that we've gotten our first seasonal of a Heroes book's big bad, I wonder if the sequel will involve some sort of seasonal Surtr.

Earlier this year, we got Peony/Triandra and Lif/Thrasir duos, representing Book 4 with a light/dark pair and Book 3 with an Askr/Embla pair. Maybe the next duo will be Fjorm/Laevatein?

Hm... I vaguely remember that some of the older TTs had semi-linked stories (The two earliest TTs that featured Shadows of Valentia, the first Farfetched Heroes TT sort of led into the next years Halloween TT), but it was never made a point to mention the story being linked. I wonder if perhaps they intend to continue the story of characters that otherwise couldn't be continued due to their death?

As for the seals, Spd/Res Form is neat, I guess Forms will be slowly trickled out now, and Infantry Rush... eh. Giving nearby Inf allies Heavy Blade is neat, but I never really used Inf Rush in the first place, so this is kind of a weaker "major" SS reward for me...

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Now that we've gotten our first seasonal of a Heroes book's big bad

What about Veronica? She's the big bad of book 1.

Edit: Also, if we get a Muspell/Nifl pair, I hope it's Leavateinn and Hrid! They're taking over their respective countries and I'd love to see them working together!

Edited by Mercakete

1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

What about Veronica? She's the big bad of book 1.

I never really saw Book 1 as having anyone comparable to Surtr/Hel/Freyja, it's kind of its own thing.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I never really saw Book 1 as having anyone comparable to Surtr/Hel/Freyja, it's kind of its own thing.

Fair enough.

Edited by Mercakete

I wonder if they are doing this follow up story because August doesn't have seasonal theme. 

Which make me wonder if October + November will do the same.

11 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

I wonder if they are doing this follow up story because August doesn't have seasonal theme. 

Which make me wonder if October + November will do the same.

Hmm this actually makes me wonder if the themes will be less event-based and more culture-based, like with the Plegian one. I did submit a suggestion to IS about doing more of them, I think, and I KNOW I talked about the idea on here. One I was hoping to see was a Niflian one, especially focusing on Hrid and Leavateinn and how they're doing rebuilding their homes. I really hope this touches on that! (I'd go more into it, but I already wrote a bunch on this topic before and nothing has changed.)

The seals actually seem pretty solid to me, especially since you can put Inf. Rush Seal on L!Byleth if you got him; it would give his allies both NFU and HB, assuming they can pass the Speed and Attack checks, as well as let him keep Time's Pulse. Not bad for support!

I had noticed that the background of the Tempest Trials was a little different, so I guess that it would make sense that it's part of a series. 

I am also excited for Norne!... although I think something like the Courtly Candle or Flowing Lance would work better than the weapon she has. We'll see 👀

2 hours ago, indigoasis said:

I am also excited for Norne!... although I think something like the Courtly Candle or Flowing Lance would work better than the weapon she has. We'll see 👀

Is there a reason why people give fast units Courtly Candle? I remember seeing a bunch of Courtly Candle Hildas even though she's pretty fast. I think the built-in Guard from Candy Cane is better so that she doesn't get nuked by specials if you don't have Special Fighter is better, but that's just me. I guess there's a bunch of guaranteed follow-up enemies.

Interesting direction with the TT. This should provide more orbs at the least.

Hmm, so these next TT+ will have a continous story, that's interesting. 

For this one my only bonus unit is Caeda (Norne already reached max HM) until I get S!Freyja. S!Norne will live or die depending on her stats because her skills and weapon are nothing to write home about. 

The seals are pretty nifty. Spd/Res Form is a slight improvement over it's Bond counterpart and is a great budget alternative to the Spd/Res Solo seal. Infantry Rush is great, it's the seal Y!Azura desperately needed to work with my arena core that can't afford to run the Heavy/Flashing Blade seals.

While we're discussing the new TT+ thing, I do think it's fair to ask whether you guys think CYL in August will be a paralogue with TT+ or a regular chapter. I feel like last year's CYL being treated as a regular chapter may be a one-time thing because all of its characters were from the same game. Every other CYL has been a paralogue, even the CYL 2 one that was accompanied by a Forging Bonds. Maybe this doesn't necessarily mean we'll get another summer banner, but that the next paralogue whatever it may be will be a continuation of "Fire and Ice" or whatnot.

32 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

While we're discussing the new TT+ thing, I do think it's fair to ask whether you guys think CYL in August will be a paralogue with TT+ or a regular chapter. I feel like last year's CYL being treated as a regular chapter may be a one-time thing because all of its characters were from the same game. Every other CYL has been a paralogue, even the CYL 2 one that was accompanied by a Forging Bonds. Maybe this doesn't necessarily mean we'll get another summer banner, but that the next paralogue whatever it may be will be a continuation of "Fire and Ice" or whatnot.

I expect the same as we got last year.

• The first banner for August will be a Special Heroes, with a paralogue and a Tempest Trials;
  • The second banner for August will be the Choose Your Legends banner, with a story chapter and a Forging Bonds.

I really hope I am right on this prediction, because I am very curious about a Gatekeeper Forgign Bonds.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

Unless they want Book 5 to run longer than usual or end up shorter than 13 chapters, it'll need to get 5 chapters over the next 5 months. The pattern since the start of Book 3 has been that December gets 2 chapters while the other 11 months have 1 chapter each. Book 3 had two August New Heroes banners, so the story chapter was with the 3H one rather than the CYL one, but for over a year now, we've been consistently getting one New Heroes banner per month - no more, no less. As long as all of that holds, every New Heroes banner has to have a story chapter, including CYL.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Unless they want Book 5 to run longer than usual or end up shorter than 13 chapters, it'll need to get 5 chapters over the next 5 months. The pattern since the start of Book 3 has been that December gets 2 chapters while the other 11 months have 1 chapter each. Book 3 had two August New Heroes banners, so the story chapter was with the 3H one rather than the CYL one, but for over a year now, we've been consistently getting one New Heroes banner per month - no more, no less. As long as all of that holds, every New Heroes banner has to have a story chapter, including CYL.

I mean, maybe they'll decide to not have an August seasonal and just make CYL the paralogue chapter, who really knows. Personally, I'm not okay with CYL becoming New Heroes to make room for a shitty, unnecessary seasonal banner and kicking out an actual game out of the New Heroes rotation.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I mean, maybe they'll decide to not have an August seasonal and just make CYL the paralogue chapter, who really knows. Personally, I'm not okay with CYL becoming New Heroes to make room for a shitty, unnecessary seasonal banner and kicking out an actual game out of the New Heroes rotation.

I don't like the decrease in New Heroes banners either, but IS seems set on it.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I don't like the decrease in New Heroes banners either, but IS seems set on it.

Yeah, it's honestly pretty annoying to have every other banner be some sort of "special event", it makes them feel less special and since we can't even spark on normal seasonal banners you can't even guarantee you'll get who you want. (Never did get Duo Eirika, and had to skip colorless orbs later on because I kept on not getting red orbs for a while.) I'm just not sure if last year's CYL was a special exception because all the characters were from the same game, or if it's going to be a new normal to make CYL regular banners now.

New Enemies datamined

Spoiler
  • Nifl: God of Ice

• Cavalry Blue Breath.

• Stats: Level 1: 17/8/10/8/6. Level 40: 39/38/40/27/23.

• BST: 167

• Superboons: Atk, Spd, Def. Superbanes: HP.

• Skills: Frostbite Breath.

• Weapon: Frostbite Breath. 400SP. Grants Spd+3. At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 25%, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-5 on foe during combat, and also, after combat, if unit attacked, inflicts status preventing counterattacks on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.

I don't know if this enemy is from TT+ but I'm sure it is.

3 minutes ago, Naoshi said:

New Enemies datamined

Hide contents
  • Nifl: God of Ice

• Cavalry Blue Breath.

• Stats: Level 1: 17/8/10/8/6. Level 40: 39/38/40/27/23.

• BST: 167

• Superboons: Atk, Spd, Def. Superbanes: HP.

• Skills: Frostbite Breath.

• Weapon: Frostbite Breath. 400SP. Grants Spd+3. At start of combat, if unit's HP ≥ 25%, inflicts Atk/Spd/Def/Res-5 on foe during combat, and also, after combat, if unit attacked, inflicts status preventing counterattacks on target and foes within 2 spaces of target through their next actions. If foe's Range = 2, calculates damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res.

I don't know if this enemy is from TT+ but I'm sure it is.

Spoiler

It appears she's the TT boss. Probably getting the Muspell deity on the next part of this?
Just watch her also being this month's Mythic Hero.