Tempest Trial+: Ice & Flame 1!

Spoiler

So this is the fabled Cav Dragon people have been clamoring for. 100% she'll be released as a Mythic down the line, and Nifl's prf gets omni debuff for existing and Flash+ built-in. If she's Dark it's going to be a pain to face her alongside Nótt. If she's Anima, then it'll be alright. Doesn't seem that good as a Light or Astra Mythic.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hide contents

So does that mean the Askr and Embla dragons are going to show up someday lol

Probably! I've been wondering about that.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:
  Hide contents

So this is the fabled Cav Dragon people have been clamoring for. 100% she'll be released as a Mythic down the line, and Nifl's prf gets omni debuff for existing and Flash+ built-in. If she's Dark it's going to be a pain to face her alongside Nótt. If she's Anima, then it'll be alright. Doesn't seem that good as a Light or Astra Mythic.

Could be this month. It's expected to be blue, and Freyr just got taken off the table.

I'm going to be legit mad if this means Freyr never gets released as a mythic while we get some ... some character who just randomly gets thrown in get to be a mythic immediately. Like ... it's not so much that I have an attachment to Freyr, but it's fucking stupid just how hard they're refusing to give us male mythic units. We had Duma and Lif and that was it so far, right? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of Otr and Fafnir just never get released because they're dudes.

EDIT: I forgot Bramimond. Three isn't really that much better though.

Edited by Sunwoo

Here's what the final map at least looks like [SPOILERS]:

Spoiler

cepfyus0uh971.jpg

So yeah, Miss Horsie Dragon the First is definitely the boss. I think I'll honestly take that over dealing with Caeda + Plumeria.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Here's what the final map at least looks like [SPOILERS]:

Reveal hidden contents

cepfyus0uh971.jpg

So yeah, Miss Horsie Dragon the First is definitely the boss. I think I'll honestly take that over dealing with Caeda + Plumeria.

I was going to bring Lysithea just-in case, but I guess Gerome and his shiny new axe have a date.

Spoiler

It's funny how Dialga has those type of stilts and I was thinking, wow she's taking fashion advice from Ninja Laevateinn. And it turns out to be the same artist lol.

Edited by LoneStar

This is gonna be a multi-part story, huh? And I'm just gonna guess that this new Nifl character is totally this months Mythic. I don't think I like that. We have SO many actual FE characters from mainline games, not to mention Male Goat Fairy Sibling still waiting. What're you doing, Heroes? Bleh.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:
  Hide contents

I'm going to be legit mad if this means Freyr never gets released as a mythic while we get some ... some character who just randomly gets thrown in get to be a mythic immediately. Like ... it's not so much that I have an attachment to Freyr, but it's fucking stupid just how hard they're refusing to give us male mythic units. We had Duma and Lif and that was it so far, right? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if one or both of Otr and Fafnir just never get released because they're dudes.

EDIT: I forgot Bramimond. Three isn't really that much better though.

Brammimond's genderless so I wouldn't even count them as male either. Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact they just turned Fafnir into a dragon I'd be worried he would be skipped since that is a unique form that can sell him.

Edited by Medeus

Spoiler

*incomprehensible babbling*

THEY'RE DOING IT! THEY'RE BRINGING IN THE FOUR DRAGONS! (honestly, plot-wise, seems early to me, unless they're heading toward ending the game soon.)

Nifl was the one I was looking forward to the most, but I'm actually disappointed with her. Her dragon design is good, but her humanoid design is... ... Could be better. Certainly. Also, UGH ANOTHER girl! Yeesh. These were a good opportunity for IS to expand their male cast... Hopefully, we won't see all the dragons/only the good dragons be female.

But you know, all of this suddenly makes sense. Looks to me like Bruno's research is finally yielding results, and these special TT's will lead to his finally solving his bloodline issue and eventually being recruitable in his base form (probably as a TT+ prize. Maybe maskless.) After all, his whole reason for not helping the Askrans was because he needed to resolve the bloodline curse first. So, we can probably expect the dragons to show up in this order: Nifl, Muspell, Askr, and Embla.

Spoiler

So Nifl is essentially a qilin with wings and horse hooves instead of cloven hooves. I suppose that's certainly one way to do a cavalry dragon. But does she just run really fast in human form outside of combat? With those stilts?

Anyways, fluffy coat. Looks very fluffy. Ice dragons are the best.

And she has a wolf-ear headband made of ice. That's adorable.

Spoiler

Wow, a new oc, nice! They even gave us all new map and boss music! Loving the direction they are going in, and hoping to see Múspell next.

Edited by Michelaar

9 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So Nifl is essentially a qilin with wings and horse hooves instead of cloven hooves. I suppose that's certainly one way to do a cavalry dragon. But does she just run really fast in human form outside of combat? With those stilts?

Anyways, fluffy coat. Looks very fluffy. Ice dragons are the best.

And she has a wolf-ear headband made of ice. That's adorable.

Spoiler

Her design in human form reminds me of a rabbit. Like, she's even curled up like one in one of her poses. This is partially why I really don't like her design. The cape is cool, the headband is good. The hair color is fine. The rest, I don't like. That's just my opinion, though. Why couldn't they have made her less...weird, at least in her poses and footwear? As for the design, her dragon form has so many cool details and I wish her human form had those reflected in her design.

This have spoilers from the Ending of this TT:

Spoiler

Fjorm: *gasp* Th-this feeling... It's like when I performed the rite... As if the air is freezing around me...
Nifl: ...
Fjorm: Y-you! You are...Nifl...the god of ice herself...
Nifl: ...Silence. You are too eager to claim me as your god. The god of ice is now only a story told by mortals. I am no more free of the flow of nature than is the land or the water. Young mortal... Child born of my bloodline... You offered yourself to me. Your bond is absolute. There is no altering the oath.
Fjorm: Of course... Then, it is as I had begun to expect. The time has come. I will honor my vow. To break an oath to a god would be unforgivable. But please, Great Nifl, might I keep my life? Will you...spare me?
Nifl: ...You regret your oath, do you?
Fjorm: I— What?
Nifl: The emotions that rule you mortals are fickle and ever-wavering. Even now your heart trembles... What disturbs it so? The fear of death? Regret for your vow to me? No... Even now, knowing all you know, you would do precisely the same, would you not?
Fjorm: ...I would.
Nifl: The mortal pursuit of everlasting life is frivolous. Insignificant as you are, you still wish to live on... Why?
Fjorm: ... My companions and I are engaged in a desperate conflict yet again. Everyone is fighting with everything they have to give... If I were to leave them now... It would feel like I had abandoned them—all of my friends.
Nifl: ...
Fjorm: I— I'm sorry. Please, forgive me... I am ashamed for making such excuses. In truth, my motivation is selfish at its core. There is someone...someone who I cannot bear leaving... If I could spend a little more time... Any more time... That is why I want to live.
Nifl: Be silent. Your mouth runs as if it has sprung a leak. I do not care for it.
Fjorm: I apologize... That is...all I had to say.
Nifl: I see. Then, as you swore, you will give yourself over to me?
Fjorm: ...I will.
Nifl: ...
Fjorm: What... What happens now?
Nifl: I have not come here to kill you or take your life, Fjorm. A foul flame, having long been little more than embers, has been relit. It must be destroyed. If you want to live, complete this task—for the sake of this beloved of yours if nothing else.
Fjorm: What must I do?
Nifl: Be my champion. Destroy the god of flame, Múspell. Defeat Múspell and his champion, and your life will again be your own to misspend however you please...

???: ...
Laegjarn: ...

Basically, Fjorm finally decided to give her life to Nifl, like how she promised in the Rite of Frost back in Book 2, however... Nifl asked her to kill Múspell so she can keep her life. I believe "???" is Múspell, and I wouldn't be surprised if they promised Laegjarn her life back if she kills Nifl?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

@Mercakete

Spoiler

Eh, I don't really see any issue with her human design. Nothing really reminds me of a rabbit, either. It just looks like she might be able to float, as that's naturally how you'd recoil from a hit to the upper body if you didn't have solid ground to brace yourself with.

I just find it funny that because dragons aren't transformed on the map like beasts are, she somehow has to get 3 movement range likely without a horse, and running at horse speeds with her shoes is funny in its absurdness.

As for the shoes themselves, while they look impractical, they visually resemble horse hooves, and I thought that was neat.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Eh, I don't really see any issue with her human design. Nothing really reminds me of a rabbit, either. It just looks like she might be able to float, as that's naturally how you'd recoil from a hit to the upper body if you didn't have solid ground to brace yourself with.

I just find it funny that because dragons aren't transformed on the map like beasts are, she somehow has to get 3 movement range likely without a horse, and running at horse speeds with her shoes is funny in its absurdness.

As for the shoes themselves, while they look impractical, they visually resemble horse hooves, and I thought that was neat.

*shrug* to each their own.

Spoiler

At least I'm with you on ice dragons being great. Personally, I just don't like IS' representation of them design-wise most of the time. That's individual preference, though.

Spoiler

She's fast? The heck about ice's power makes anyone think "fast?" Its strength is in accumulation and in reducing it's foe's ability. Getting stronger over time is more its style. Fire's the one that burns hot and fast but can't last without constantly feeding. Why is Nifl not built more like

Spoiler

Summer Freyr

?

Spoiler

Huh, a bit disappointed that she has Lull Atk/Spd instead of S/R Near Trace, though I suppose they don't actually implement player-usable inheritable skills as enemy-only before making them available to players (other than Thoron+). There just aren't all that many opportunities to introduce the skill because it's basically only worth using on a fast cavalry or flying dragon, so hopefully she'll have it as a Mythic Hero.

Maybe Muspell could be a dragon Duessel, so he could get A/R Near Trace to complete the set. More Duessels. What could possibly go wrong.

@Mercakete

Spoiler

Ice in the main series games is considered Wind magic, which is light and therefore fast, whereas Fire magic is strong, but heavy and slow.

Edited by Ice Dragon

By this point there's no need to spoiler tag, so I won't.

The map and boss theme for this TT+ is pretty cool. It has a 3H vibe. 

As for Nifl, she's actually quite tough to deal with in Lunatic 7. I've never seen something double my +10 Ninja Hana with her solo condition and Joint Drive Spd active, but she does. Well, that's just for the novelty. I'll probably just go "Unga bunga double F!Edelgard kill stuff" on Lunatic 5 to speed up the farming.

4 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think I like the design of....

Hide contents

Sniffle. She carries the snow theme well enough. Given this is Fire Emblem Heroes I think there's a 99% that Muspel will also be a young girl. 

Spoiler

I would prefer Múspell as a guy... but since it's FEH we are talking about... Yeah, it will probably be a girl.