Tempest Trial+: Ice & Flame 1!

7 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I would prefer Múspell as a guy... but since it's FEH we are talking about... Yeah, it will probably be a girl.

Spoiler

My guess would be that Muspell is a man (mirroring Surtr as Nifl mirrors Fjorm). On that line of thought, Askr would also be male and Embla female (Alphonse and Veronica).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just played the final map, and got a Fallen Female Morgan as random enemy, and... Thye nerfed the Fallen Morgans?

I mean... she didn't have Atk/Def Menace this time, which she had it on the last TT. She had Threaten Atk/Def 2 instead, which is the downgraded version.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Reveal hidden contents

I would prefer Múspell as a guy... but since it's FEH we are talking about... Yeah, it will probably be a girl.

Spoiler

Nifl refers to Muspell as a he (“his champion”) in the ending. 

You even posted said ending dialogue yourself.

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

Nifl refers to Muspell as a he (“his champion”) in the ending. 

You even posted said ending dialogue yourself.

Spoiler

Oh right! Looks like I overlooked that word.

That's nice. It's good to know that. Thanks.

I hope he has as good art as Nifl.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

I assume the opening cutscene is fair game to be discussed now? I know some people (such as myself and Mercakete) were discussing the possibility of the final Book bringing all the old plot threads back into focus, but if IS has chosen to spin them off into their own stories via the Tempest Trials, I am all for it. Especially if it means we get extra lore like this! I never thought we would ever see the Dragon Gods for example. Shoes and that weird damaged pose aside, I really like Nifl's design, voice and personality , though the latter caught me off-guard at first: it fits the ice motif perfectly, but I was expecting her to be like Fjorm or Gunnthra. Given the title, I assume Muspell will show up in due time too. He's probably going to be quick-to-anger and high energy, but it'd also be hilarious if he was super chipper about everything too, to contrast Nifl and Surtr.

Also, our first Cavalry Dragon, awesome! That caught me off-guard in one of my later runs today xD

Edited by DefyingFates

Currently running this event with vanilla Caeda, Fjorm, Gunnthra, and Bride Fjorm. Gunnthra is silly.

And even though Fjorm's refine doesn't play nice with her default skills, she's had no trouble at all tanking Nifl.

I'm expecting to swap out Caeda with Freyja tomorrow after I level her up on the special training maps.

Also, Nifl floats, as expected.

Haven't checked how it is in English yet, but she also has the same voice actor as Fjorm in Japanese.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Haven't checked how it is in English yet, but she also has the same voice actor as Fjorm in Japanese.

She's voiced by someone completely new in English (Anairis Quinones). 

So, looks like Fjorm's finally returning to ice. Nifl debuting in summer makes more sense now, the way they did it. Also, for fun, I ran a team of Hrid, Gunnthra, Fjorm, and Ylgr (all original, so all legendary except for Ylgr) to beat up their ancestor and whoever she pulled to help her out.

@DefyingFates

Also, check my spoiler tags in this thread since you like my story theories. There are some of those in there.

On 7/5/2021 at 3:20 PM, LoneStar said:

Is there a reason why people give fast units Courtly Candle? I remember seeing a bunch of Courtly Candle Hildas even though she's pretty fast. I think the built-in Guard from Candy Cane is better so that she doesn't get nuked by specials if you don't have Special Fighter is better, but that's just me. I guess there's a bunch of guaranteed follow-up enemies.

I have one on my Cormag, mainly just in case a unit can make a follow-up on him. It's mainly a safety net, but the more I think about it, the better the Trident and Shellpoint Lance become in my mind. The radius for activation is 3 spaces, which is actually really good (can't wait to see that with new weapons from now on). Summer Norne would do fantastically with Solo skills.

1 hour ago, indigoasis said:

the better the Trident and Shellpoint Lance become in my mind. The radius for activation is 3 spaces, which is actually really good

Trident and Shellpoint Lance are pretty good to run with Rouse skills. So you can buff yourself with Atk+6 from Trident, and then run Rouse Spd/Def 3 for Spd/Def+6, for example. Easy 3 stats with +6 visible buffs. Then run solo skills on A and Seal slots.

Shellpoint Lance also goes well with Atk/Spd Menace.

I barely play FEH these days, but I must say Nifl’s presence caught my eye. First cavalier breath unit.... looks like she plays the horse part, but I’m not sure what it’s supposed to be based on. It’s clearly a dragon with horse, but not sure if it’s a longma, kirin, or another dragon/horse hybrid I’m not aware about.

5 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I barely play FEH these days, but I must say Nifl’s presence caught my eye. First cavalier breath unit.... looks like she plays the horse part, but I’m not sure what it’s supposed to be based on. It’s clearly a dragon with horse, but not sure if it’s a longma, kirin, or another dragon/horse hybrid I’m not aware about.

When it comes to chimeras (that don't include human parts), most of them are from Chinese mythology, especially if a dragon (or any reptile) is involved.

The qilin is the best known chimera similar to Nifl's design, but the legs don't match, as a qilin has cloven hooves (deer, etc.) instead of horse hooves. A longma is about as accurate as you'll get, but it's hard to say if the designers specifically based it on any of these or just thought "cavalry dragon = horse + dragon".

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

When it comes to chimeras (that don't include human parts), most of them are from Chinese mythology, especially if a dragon (or any reptile) is involved.

The qilin is the best known chimera similar to Nifl's design, but the legs don't match, as a qilin has cloven hooves (deer, etc.) instead of horse hooves. A longma is about as accurate as you'll get, but it's hard to say if the designers specifically based it on any of these or just thought "cavalry dragon = horse + dragon".

I am inclined her to be a longma. Longmas are straightforward, literary dragon horses, which her dragon form shows, as seen with her class and hooves. As you’ve mentioned, kirins are chimeras, they have several animal parts aside those two. Not to mention the ungulate animal is more often than not a deer rather than a horse, then cloven hooves, and either a single horn or antlers. I think the lack of those makes me think Nifl isn’t a kirin/qilin. Not to mention Korin’s dragon form may have been inspired by those already

On 07/05/21 at 9:05 PM, Rinco said:

Just watch her also being this month's Mythic Hero. 

That would be quite the ass pull if they did.  There'll be 22 mythic heroes by the end of this month, and currently there's only 3 male mythics (2 for those who consider Bramimond genderless like Blazing Sword does), and the last 10 have all been female.

Hey, guys. So me and other users were in a thread about Freyr but the whole thing ended up as a discussion about the OC Dragons and how they are going to affect the future of the story (and actually 0% about Freyr anymore), so one of the users recommended that we should continue the discussion here. In the case anyone wants to know how it started to follow the line of the conversation or whatever, it was in this thread that everything started:

(just ignore the first 15 replies, from 16 onward everything is related to the future of the story, Bruno, the OC dragons and this kind of thing)

So yeah, I guess I'll just continue where it sopped. This was the last reply there: (just warning: IT HAS SPOILERS IN THE QUOTE, I COULDN'T USE THE SPOILER TAG FOR THE QUOTE SO I'M WARNING NOW)

7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Eh, Loki's in it for her own enjoyment, Thorr's interested in seeing people reach their potential. Embla is absolutely evil and probably a guy, but in my theory, Bruno's consciousness would either gain significant influence over or completely take control of Embla's body (hence "absorb.") Otherwise, yeah, the dude's not going to help anyone from Askr. As for Muspell, yeah, he's probably evil, too. And we don't know much about Alfador, but I hope that he's not just "evil for the sake of evil" or another "crazed god." Like, if he's actually intentionally paving the way for what comes after Ragnarok, that would be cool. (Kind of like FE15's Rudolf.)

As for Alfador and Embla's relationship, I don't think it's that strong. Looks to me like the dragons kind of do their own thing. As I said before, the four dragons' entire plotlines are probably going to be handled via these special story TT+'s.

As for Lif, Thrasir, Triandra, Plumeria (and probably Otr), they're on Thorr's side (and though Thorr's on Alfador's side, this group is not necessarily serving him) but Lif has made it clear that he's disgusted with the current gods. So, he's only on their side in order to betray them and he's not bothering to hide that. It's likely that the others feel the same way, especially since Thrasir is aligned with Lif, and it was Lif who recruited the dark fairies. Thorr was probably just giving them some incentive to not give up and instead to keep realizing their potential (as is her own motivation: seeing mortals (though, I don't know if the current recruits really count as mortals) reach their potential.

Regarding the dragons' roles, they're not quite the protectors of their places, so much as those who empowered their founders (according to Alfonse's little history lesson about the dragon Askr and the Lif who founded it, whose name the Lif we know took.)

As for the relationships between the dragons, I'd say it's a fair bet that Nifl and Muspell hate each other, but it is a certainty that Embla hates Askr. While Veronica is possessed one time, she's speaking about how she wants to kill Askr itself, not just the royals. So, it's very likely that that's Embla voicing his hatred for the dragon, Askr. (Also, Embla is probably an earth dragon and Askr is probably a divine/heaven/sky/wind dragon, similar to Naga vs Medeus, and because those are the elements we're missing (Muspell is fire, Nifl is water, according to the seasonal elements.)) (Either way, "rival" is too light a term. More like "mortal enemy.") The dream and nightmare realms do not have dragons, they have goats. I don't think the giants and the dwarves have dragons either (except for what Fafnir will become, I guess.) Basically, the four dragons plot is restricted to Askr, Embla, Nifl, and Muspell, which is why I think that they're resolving this whole four dragons thing with TT+'s so that the main story can continue with the Alfador plotline (which is separate and began in earnest with Book 3, but we did see bits of it from book 2 by way of Loki.)

Also, this is discussion (at this point) that is better on the Ice and Fire thread or the Book 5 thread since it has to do with the game's story.

Spoiler

That actually makes a lot of sense. The 4 dragons are the 4 elements, so (assuming Askr is wind) Alfador is probably some kind of dark dragon while the hypotethical Light dragon is what bugs me a little (in the case Light and Dark are included in this).
 I mean, back at book III it was said that Eir is the child of the "dragon of life" or whatever (which could be the same as the dragon of light?) But we've never heard of him anymore (which kinda makes sense since its dead bit still), so is the dragon of life/light dragon dead forever? will it ressurrect? Will this ever be important to the story or will I$ just drop the whole "dragon of life" thing?
 Otherwise, yeah Askr is probably the light dragon but then we would still need the wind dragon. 

If thats the case, then Jotun (I think the dragon of Jotunheimr would be called Jotun right? sorry if I'm wrong) could be the wind dragon. In the game its mentioned that a long time ago Jotunheimr and Nidavellir once were the same kingdom/country/realm/whatever and that the Jotnar ruled over the Dvergar (dwarfs) until one of them started to master technology and founded his own kingdom, Nidavellir, with the other Dvergar and became their king (or PLOT TWIST: queen, as it was maybe Eitri? idk, thats not the point anyway). Anyway, It means that once both races lived in only one realm, Jotunheimr, so the wind dragon can be from there, Nidavellir won't have a dragon since it didn't existed at the time, and Askr will be the Light dragon.

Alternatively, Embla could be the dark dragon as it was mentioned by Bruno before that he was called like the Dark God by some. If so, then Askr will definively be the Light dragon, while Muspell, Nifl, Jotun and another unknown dragon will represent the 4 elements. And Alfador as a superior dragon that isn't represented by any element (I mean, Alfador won't be the Earth dragon, I guess?)

So it's either: Fire-Muspell, Ice-Nifl, Earth-Embla, Wind-Askr, Dark- Alfador, Light- The Life dragon (Probably dead)
 Or: Fire- Muspell, Ice- Nifl, Earth- Embla, Wind- Jotun, Dark- Alfador, Light- Askr
 Or: Fire- Muspell, Ice- Nifl, Earth- Jotun/random dragon, Wind- Random dragon/Jotun, Dark- Embla, Light- Askr. And Alfador will be some kind of "superior dragon" that doesn't fit in this whole "element thing" (or maybe either the Wind or the Earth dragon instead of an unknown random dragon)

Or (as you said): Fire- Muspell, Ice- Nifl, Wind/Sky/Heaven- Askr (counting somewhat as both wind and light), Earth- Embla. Jotunheimr doesn't have a dragon and Alfador is not included in the "elemental thing".

Something that I also thought is that maybe the "dragon of life" was just some immortal being (but not a important one), AKA it's likely from Asgard as apparently everyone there is immortal. So it's just some random and unimportant Asgradian that died and we will never know anything about it because it doesn't matter.

About the whole Líf, Thrasir, Plumeria and Triandra thing: reading this just made me even more certain that they are all going to have pretty heartbreaking deaths but now not at the hands of Askr but in either Alfador or Thórr's hands (probably Alfador's since Thórr wants to see the "mortals" reach their full potencial and said that she thinks its not fair to win against them using the power of the gods even if she can), which makes me quite sad...  Hope thay can escape from this "fate" someway? And yeah, there is a chance that Ótr will be included there too.

Edited by ARMADS!!!
to use the spoilertag (i forgot, so sorry)

On 7/6/2021 at 3:34 PM, Diovani Bressan said:

This have spoilers from the Ending of this TT:

Reveal hidden contents

Fjorm: *gasp* Th-this feeling... It's like when I performed the rite... As if the air is freezing around me...
Nifl: ...
Fjorm: Y-you! You are...Nifl...the god of ice herself...
Nifl: ...Silence. You are too eager to claim me as your god. The god of ice is now only a story told by mortals. I am no more free of the flow of nature than is the land or the water. Young mortal... Child born of my bloodline... You offered yourself to me. Your bond is absolute. There is no altering the oath.
Fjorm: Of course... Then, it is as I had begun to expect. The time has come. I will honor my vow. To break an oath to a god would be unforgivable. But please, Great Nifl, might I keep my life? Will you...spare me?
Nifl: ...You regret your oath, do you?
Fjorm: I— What?
Nifl: The emotions that rule you mortals are fickle and ever-wavering. Even now your heart trembles... What disturbs it so? The fear of death? Regret for your vow to me? No... Even now, knowing all you know, you would do precisely the same, would you not?
Fjorm: ...I would.
Nifl: The mortal pursuit of everlasting life is frivolous. Insignificant as you are, you still wish to live on... Why?
Fjorm: ... My companions and I are engaged in a desperate conflict yet again. Everyone is fighting with everything they have to give... If I were to leave them now... It would feel like I had abandoned them—all of my friends.
Nifl: ...
Fjorm: I— I'm sorry. Please, forgive me... I am ashamed for making such excuses. In truth, my motivation is selfish at its core. There is someone...someone who I cannot bear leaving... If I could spend a little more time... Any more time... That is why I want to live.
Nifl: Be silent. Your mouth runs as if it has sprung a leak. I do not care for it.
Fjorm: I apologize... That is...all I had to say.
Nifl: I see. Then, as you swore, you will give yourself over to me?
Fjorm: ...I will.
Nifl: ...
Fjorm: What... What happens now?
Nifl: I have not come here to kill you or take your life, Fjorm. A foul flame, having long been little more than embers, has been relit. It must be destroyed. If you want to live, complete this task—for the sake of this beloved of yours if nothing else.
Fjorm: What must I do?
Nifl: Be my champion. Destroy the god of flame, Múspell. Defeat Múspell and his champion, and your life will again be your own to misspend however you please...

???: ...
Laegjarn: ...

Basically, Fjorm finally decided to give her life to Nifl, like how she promised in the Rite of Frost back in Book 2, however... Nifl asked her to kill Múspell so she can keep her life. I believe "???" is Múspell, and I wouldn't be surprised if they promised Laegjarn her life back if she kills Nifl?

Dude, may I ask where the hell did you get this? Am I just pretty low updated and people find this things from some kind of official source (like an official site/twitter account/FEH channel/whatever) or you got it in a hard/exclusive way such as hacking the game or having close contact with someone from IS? or it was just leaked and everyone already knew about it or something?

It might sound like a dumb question but I'm genuinely interested about it. If you don't mind answering of course 

2 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Dude, may I ask where the hell did you get this? Am I just pretty low updated and people find this things from some kind of official source (like an official site/twitter account/FEH channel/whatever) or you got it in a hard/exclusive way such as hacking the game or having close contact with someone from IS? or it was just leaked and everyone already knew about it or something?

It might sound like a dumb question but I'm genuinely interested about it. If you don't mind answering of course 

Whenever there's an update, people hack the game and post their findings on places like Gamepress and /r/fireemblemheroes.

@ARMADS!!!

I don't see why I need to put spoilertags for this since it's old news, but I'll go ahead and put it here.

Spoiler

I highly doubt that Alfador is a dragon. He's more likely to be the same sort as Loki, Hel, and Thorr.

Also, I thought it was just that Eir was the daughter of a deity of life, not necessarily a dragon. Also, this deity could be her mom, not necessarily her dad. And knowing how IS handles their characters, it's probably her mom because female. And I don't think it was ever said that her real parents were dead, just that Eir was taken from them.

Also, you're misremembering what I said, I think. I said that I think Embla is an Earth dragon and Askr is a wind dragon, since they're part of the four dragons and water and fire are covered by Nifl and Muspell.

I think the important thing here is that gods are not synonymous with dragons. In fact, they are separate. The four dragons are powerful beings, but not gods. Their shared defining trait, in fact, is that they each had a champion who founded a country and then named it after the dragon who empowered him/her. Alfador rules the pantheon which includes Thorr and Loki (while the goats and Hel seem to have kind of been doing their own things.)

Also, just because someone was called a dark god does not mean that the dark god in question actually has the element of darkness. Could just mean that said being is evil.

As for Lif's group, I think it's more likely that they'll be "rescued" by Alfonse's group. Like, defeated and spared a la string of map bosses (even if it doesn't take that form specifically. But yeah, for some reason, powerful people like attacking one at a time, it seems.) That, or they're laying the groundwork for Alfonse's group. Or, they're preparing their own foray into godland, getting ready to attack it from the inside before being curbstomped then avengaed by Alfonse and his people. Of course, all this is based on the level at which IS writes for Heroes as well as writing conventions IS has used in other FE games.

Edited by Mercakete

On 7/10/2021 at 11:39 PM, ARMADS!!! said:

It's from a datamine. There's a group of people who do that every time a new update drops. It's how we know what sort of stats and skills all the new characters have a few hours before they actually drop.

Well, the ending has been released. So, I was right about who Muspell's "champion" is, but wrong about Muspell being female. That said, Muspell is probably very Surtr-like. "Muahaha! Everything burns!" and all that. Too bad. I'd rather him be a silly doofus or something, like a certain someone from Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Spoiler

Pyron. I think that may be how his name was spelled, but I'm not sure. Ironic when the god of the sun isn't too bright.

I can see Múspell being like "Defeat Nifl and her Champion and I will bring you back to life, Laegjarn. You gave your life for the Flames of Múspell... So the Flames can give it back to you."

3 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Defeat Nifl and her Champion and I will bring you back to life, Laegjarn

I didn't see it that way, but I did notice that both Fjorm and Laegjarn took part in their countries' respective rites. On the other hand, Laegjarn actually died, so I'm curious what's going on there. Either this is another Laegjarn, or she was kept in purgatory or something.

I'm also curious how the fight between them will go, since they both have people they want to go back to (Kiran and Laevateinn). Or maybe they'll just refuse to fight? I can also see them exploiting some sort of loophole so that they both get to live (and maybe Nifl and Muspell reconcile), but they'd really need to pull it off well...

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I didn't see it that way, but I did notice that both Fjorm and Laegjarn took part in their countries' respective rites. On the other hand, Laegjarn actually died, so I'm curious what's going on there. Either this is another Laegjarn, or she was kept in purgatory or something.

I'm also curious how the fight between them will go, since they both have people they want to go back to (Kiran and Laevateinn). Or maybe they'll just refuse to fight? I can also see them exploiting some sort of loophole so that they both get to live (and maybe Nifl and Muspell reconcile), but they'd really need to pull it off well...

Seeing as Laegjarn was specifically sacrificed to Muspell, it stands to reason that Muspell can pull her out of storage whenever he feels like it. Also, there will very likely be combat. I expect she'll be the boss of Fire and Ice TT+ Part 2 since we're specifically on a mission to fight her. That said, I'd rather get to see Muspell, even if he's Surtr. (Surtr could have very well been possessed by Muspell during the events of Book 2, and not actually been himself. So, we may already know Muspell, and have actually never met Surtr, except as a vessel, until he popped up in Hel.)

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

My guess is that if you use the Rite of Flames, upon death, your soul belongs to Muspell and he gets to do whatever he wants with you, just as Fjorm thought Nifl would do with her.