Tempest Trial+: Ice & Flame 1!

7 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

My guess is that if you use the Rite of Flames, upon death, your soul belongs to Muspell and he gets to do whatever he wants with you, just as Fjorm thought Nifl would do with her.

Basically my stance, too. So, Muspell has a bunch of young girls since Surtr kept sacrificing them to him in order to maintain his power and life.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, sorry the late reply, I was kinda lazy of searching in which chapter it is mentioned that Eirs's parents are dragons, and then when Fire and Ice 1 ended I started to watch every Oc related Tempest trial prologue and epilogue to see if I could get extra information for my theory, so I got excited and finished writing the answer (I usually write it in ColorNote before posting here so i was half done). Anyway, it is going to be long. Also I'm not going to use spoiler tags because the whole post contains spoiler, I will only spoiler tag things related to other FEs

On 7/11/2021 at 9:56 AM, Mercakete said:

Hide contents

Also, I thought it was just that Eir was the daughter of a deity of life, not necessarily a dragon. Also, this deity could be her mom, not necessarily her dad. And knowing how IS handles their characters, it's probably her mom because female. And I don't think it was ever said that her real parents were dead, just that Eir was taken from them.

It is said is FE wiki that Eir's parents were dragons of life, but in the game Eir actually says she had thousand of lives that were bestowed to her by the dragon of life (in chapter 6-1 of book 3) but never that it is one of her parents, anyway its a dragon indeed. Then Hel tells her (in chapter 13-4) that her parents were royality (from only god knows where, hope we will see it in the future) blessed by the dragon of life (which means they are not actually dragons as FE wiki says I guess, so sorry for my mistake when I said that Eir's parents were dragons before).
 Well, it is also said that Eir's mother had white wings (and maybe Eir had them too once, since in chapter 13-4 she says "Why do I remember us- winged in white") which sounds kinda manakete (I mean wings + being almost imortal) but idk, nobody ever mentions Eir's former white wings again so maybe she only had them for being blessed by this dragon, idk. OR, by "blessed by the dragon of life" she could have meant that Eir's family was "blessed" with its blood, for being its descendents as a the royal family of a kingdom represented by this dragon (it doesnt really explain why they had white wings, but maybe it could be the "special ability/trait" of the royalty/people of that kingdom, such as Askran family can open portal, Emblian family can close portals and have that curse, Nidavellir people are small, Jotnar people are big, and maybe you can even consider the ljósálfar and dokkálfar having their butterfly wings as an unique trait too, so in Eir's kingdom the people/the royality could have had wings and were almost imortal)
 Hel said she slaughtered Eir's birth parents (in chapter 13-4), I guess my doubt now is if they are actually dead since Hel would have had to kill them multiple times like she did to Eir for them to dead for good? 
 Actually no one says anything about the dragon of life being alive or about Hel killing it, only Eir's parents, so we might hear about it again in the future, well or not, hope it wasn't retconned, forgotten or anything. 

It is possible that the Dragon of life's kingdom (where Eir's parents were royalty) is in Valhalla (that is inside Asgard). Loki already said in a tempest trial that FEH World as a equivalent to Heaven (telling Helbindi that his sister is there) (while Hel is not only the realm of dead, but its a realm for those who has a dishonorable death or have been victims of Hel's curse, Valhalla would be a place for those who deserve better), and it would make sense if that was where Eir came from (so the white wings could mean they are like angels, also Eir and her parents being "imortal" could be equivalent to the afterlife in Heaven after having a honorable death), but I wonder how would Hel get away if she killed Valhalla's king and queen. Idk, just a theory.

Hide contents

Also, you're misremembering what I said, I think. I said that I think Embla is an Earth dragon and Askr is a wind dragon, since they're part of the four dragons and water and fire are covered by Nifl and Muspell

Sure, i understand that you said the 4 dragons represented the 4 elements and that these were: Muspell-Fire, Nifl-Ice/water, Embla- Earth, Askr-Wind. I just thought that since (I thought) that Alfador was a dragon, then there would be more than 4 dragons so then I decided to see if I could put them in the 4 elements + light and dark, specially in the case of the dragon of life counting as one of them, because then there would be 6 dragons. But that was just speculation in the case we have more than 4 dragons, otherwise I agree with you about Askr being wind and Embla being earth.

@ARMADS!!!

I don't see why I need to put spoilertags for this since it's old news, but I'll go ahead and put it here.

Hide contents

I think the important thing here is that gods are not synonymous with dragons. In fact, they are separate. The four dragons are powerful beings, but not gods. Their shared defining trait, in fact, is that they each had a champion who founded a country and then named it after the dragon who empowered him/her. Alfador rules the pantheon which includes Thorr and Loki (while the goats and Hel seem to have kind of been doing their own things.)

Also, just because someone was called a dark god does not mean that the dark god in question actually has the element of darkness. Could just mean that said being is evil.

I don't know about Alfador being a dragon or not but I still think he is, since

Spoiler

almost every FE final boss is a Dragon, and since we already know he is a god, then he might be a dragon god. For me it would make even more sense considereing the FE tropes we have, such as the Evil dragon God almost always having a dark sorcerer at his side (I think Loki and Thórr count as this?), and in the end the hero gets a forced promotion and a dragonslayer sword/weapon to kill the final boss (but if Alfador is actually a dragon, he will probably not be like the other dragons we see in the game so we wont be able to use regular dragonslayer weapons on him, maybe he will be some new kind of dragon, like an exclusive class? well it doesnt matter now) and I bet that legendary Alfonse will be this in the end.

Other theory (less possible I guess) is that maybe every asgardian could be dragon/dragon like creatures, and Loki and Thórr are just hinding it or threw their dragon stones away? (like, Loki's powers are transformation like Xane's from FE1, sure I know that its because of the norse god Loki but still it would be a cool idea). I think this is pretty unreal to happen thought.
 Of course, Alfador could just be a a non dragon God, but I still think he will be either a dragon or some dragon/manakete like creature, while the other asgardians are just regular gods (and maybe the people of Valhalla being kind of angels)

Embla being the dark dragon instead of the earth dragon was just an idea, as I was trying to see the possible configurations for the dragons's respective elements, in case we had more than 4 dragons and had to use 4 elements + light and dark. My idea was that Embla was most likely the earth dragon, but if not then it would be the dark dragon.

Also, I just noticed that Embla is probably female too (Oh, what I surprise...). I was checking out the other Tempest trials prologues and Epilogues, and at least in Portuguese (I play the game in portuguese) They refer to Embla using female pronouns, Alfonse also says something like "Goddess or not, we can defeat her".

Weirdly, looking at this same tempest trial, we can assume that maybe Askr is actually male since Bruno says "Embla and Askr are gods" and if Askr was female too then he would likely have said "Embla and Askr are Goddesses" instead of "gods", right?

Man, I really want tempest trials about book 3 in the future. It could be something like "Life and death" or whatever.

Hope they talk more about Eir's parents and where is their kingdom, about the dragon of life and also about Angrboda (who gave birth to hel) and how she died. 

maybe none of this is important to the overal plot, but fuck it, book 3 was my favorite (regardless of what people say about it, until now I don't really get why most people didnt liked it) and I really want to know more about it!

I think that Tempest trials: Ice and Flame 1 got a pretty good reception, so why wouldnt they continue doing it?

Also

Spoiler

it really surprised me to see Laegjarn in the end, when I read the script of the epilogue of Ice and Flame 1, for some reason I mistook Laegjarn for Laevatein's name (I guess I overlooked or read it fast so I didnt payed attention to this), and I thought that she would be the the Muspell champion trying to negociate her sister's life back. By Muspell's champion I thought that Nifl was talking about Laevatein since she (probably) is Muspell queen now and the former performer of the rite of flames is dead (Laegjarn). But I guess that it will be even more interesting to see laegjarn vs Fjorm since Muspell will probably temporarily revive her to do this and probably let her live if she manages to win.

I feel if we get anything on Angrboda, it'd be through the other two members of the Triad Cataclysm. Since they are also her children, they'd be the best chance to expand on her and their relationship since Hel doesn't really talk about her mother in dialogue. They also would make for good side villain(s) considering the Order of Heroes killed their sibling and may want revenge, and the Dragon of Life could serve as their counter similar to Nifl and Muspel. 

I'll go back and read the messages addressed to me later (been tired lately) but for now, I just wanted to list my most satisfying Nifl kills.

1. Gunnthra blizzarding Nifl to death.

2. Hrid using his ice blade to slice Nifl in half.

3. Nils winning ice dragon supremacy over Nifl by activating Glacies over the top of his Frost Breath to teach Nifl the true meaning of cold. (This one is probably my favorite.)