[FE5] Did I just soft locked myself out of Tina?

leshyver

So I'm playing this Thracia iron man and have just reached chapter 12x (quite a ride up to here !). However I think I messed up and have no way to recruit Tina...

I completely forgot I needed to plan for door keys for this map. I have no more door keys, and no more lockpicks (Lifis died with my last one in inventory). I just realized there is a locked door in front of the boss room:

- I can thankfully warp Lara in to make her into a Dancer and recruit Pan and then warp Leif to seize. I can also sleep Trude to recruit him.

- However once I've done this I have no way to get Safi in. No rewarp, no other A rank staff user, still no keys...

Maybe I can rank up Salem fast enough to B so I can warp him in and rescue Safi? No idea how I'd have time for this though (and the opportunity really, I don't know how I'd even have a target to heal on this map...)

Any other ideas? Otherwise I guess I'll just abandon poor Tina alone in the manor... No thief staff for me I guess!

52 minutes ago, leshyver said:

Maybe I can rank up Salem fast enough to B so I can warp him in and rescue Safi? No idea how I'd have time for this though (and the opportunity really, I don't know how I'd even have a target to heal on this map...)

Any other ideas? Otherwise I guess I'll just abandon poor Tina alone in the manor... No thief staff for me I guess!

That is probably your best bet, but if you have already recruited Pahn that would make it difficult to find people to heal. If Pahn is still an enemy its easy to let the enemy archers in the walls make people for you to heal. I think the only option if you have recruited him is to have Lara attack the dancer trapped in that room with them (you might need to use Pahn's stealing ability to rearrange the dancer's inventory, perhaps give it vulneraries to keep Lara from killing it too early, or give it a better sword if your Laura is defense blessed) hopefully you can either get enough wexp to reach B, or get to level 10 to promote him.

On 7/5/2021 at 7:35 PM, Eltosian Kadath said:

That is probably your best bet, but if you have already recruited Pahn that would make it difficult to find people to heal. If Pahn is still an enemy its easy to let the enemy archers in the walls make people for you to heal. I think the only option if you have recruited him is to have Lara attack the dancer trapped in that room with them (you might need to use Pahn's stealing ability to rearrange the dancer's inventory, perhaps give it vulneraries to keep Lara from killing it too early, or give it a better sword if your Laura is defense blessed) hopefully you can either get enough wexp to reach B, or get to level 10 to promote him.

I'll try this I guess, I still have the paragon/elite manual that should speed up the process quite a bit. Tina is more valuable that any of the chests in this chapter.

22 hours ago, Kalieum said:

Tina starts with an Unlock staff as well, right? Can't you warp Safy in instead of Leif, recruit Tina and use her staff to unlock the door, then walk Leif around the long way?

I don't have anyone with A rank staves to warp her in the room though. Or maybe there is another way?

Oh, I didn't make the connection that Safy *was* your A rank staffer, it's obvious in retrospect.

Got anyone with B rank staves? You could Warp them in and Rescue Safy.

Edit - And I just realised that's what you proposed already. Yeah, that's the best I've got as well.

Edited by Kalieum

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all these ideas 🙂 For those interested I finally got around to playing the chapter. I used Salem in the end. I still had my elite manual so I used it on him and grinded him up to promotion murdering the myrmidons that spawn after a while. This means I did not get any of the chests on the map but at least now I have Tina and her thief staff!

Next time I do an iron man like this I need to remember to save up on keys...