If Sakurai adds a 2nd SNK Franchise Rep for Challenger Pack 11, which character from a SNK Franchise do you think it would fit in the roster with Terry Bogard?

Which SNK Franchise do you think deserves as the 2nd SNK Franchise in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which SNK Franchise do you really think be the likely candidate to have one of their characters be the 2nd SNK Franchise Rep?

• The Last Blade
    • Crystalis
    • Sengoku
    • Baseball Stars
    • World Heroes
    • King of the Monsters
    • Beast Busters
    • Doki Doki Majo Shinpan!
    • Prehistoric Isle
    • Pulstar
    • Shock Troopers
    • Stakes Winner
    • Super Sidekicks
    • Twinkle Star Sprites
    • Vanguard
    • Ragnagard
    • Guerrilla War
    • Street Smart
    • Zed Blade
    • Other SNK Franchise (Comment on it)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/2022 at 07:30 AM

I was thinking of redoing over the topic that I talked about earlier a year ago and this is going to be more SNK-only focus related earlier. Since we finally have Kazuya from Tekken becomes the 2nd Bandai Namco rep that we wanted a 2nd Bandai Namco rep for years, since a lot of 3rd Party Companies have two 3rd Party Franchises in the roster for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate while SNK is now the only 3rd Party Company without a 2nd Franchise Rep. We do know that Banjo & Kazooie along with Steve are owned by Microsoft and they're both DLCs while Square Enix had Heroes from Dragon Quest and Sephiroth as the 2nd Final Fantasy rep in the roster. I do think we might going to have a 2nd SNK Franchise rep as the Final DLC Newcomer for Challenger Pack 11 to complete every 3rd Party Companies with around 2 3rd Party Franchises since we are going towards to the end of Fighter Pass Vol. 2 with no more coming.

Since I did taken a look at the music tracks used in King of Fighters Stadium to see some non-Fatal Fury music tracks such as The King of Fighters, Art of Fighting, Athena, Ikari Warriors, Samurai Shodown, Metal Slug, and Alpha Mission. I seriously do not think we are getting any characters from Samurai Shodown nor Metal Slug represented becoming in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate due to their music tracks were already been added in Terry Bogard's DLC content and Nintendo already had planned the set up for Fighter Pass Vol. 2 during in Terry Bogard's Development. There are other SNK Franchises that I found that none of the Music Tracks were ever used in the King of Fighters Stadium and one of these could might fit as the 2nd SNK Franchise Rep:

1. The Last Blade
  2. Crystalis
  3. Sengoku
  4. Baseball Stars
  5. World Heroes
  6. King of the Monsters
  7. Beast Busters
  8. Doki Doki Majo Shinpan!
  9. Prehistoric Isle
  10. Pulstar
  11. Shock Troopers
  12. Stakes Winner
  13. Super Sidekicks
  14. Twinkle Star Sprites
  15. Vanguard
  16. Ragnagard
  17. Guerrilla War
  18. Street Smart
  19. Zed Blade

I'm betting on my guess in which SNK Franchises that could work for a 2nd SNK Franchise rep is someone from The Last Blade (presumably Kaede), Crystalis (Simea), Sengoku, Shock Troopers, or World Heroes series (presumably Hanzo). I might choose Kaede from The Last Blade or Simea from Crystalis.

Well I should think that a second one would be related to the music we already have in the game since that's the most popular/relevant stuff anyway. Excluding those options seems arbitrary. When it comes to SNK, a second character from that company probably already exists in their crossover fighting series. That's like if there were a crossover game with one Nintendo character, and for the second one we decided to exclude anybody that has appeared in Smash Bros. My answer is Crystalis since that's a massively underrated game, but unless a reboot of that game is coming in the future I don't see that getting any smash representation in the future.

And while we're talking about that SNK music, they really went all out on that Psycho Soldier remix. And it's a pretty pathetic song in its original, english format. It reminds me of how they redid the DK Rap back in Melee. Had I known what they'd come up with, I would have suggested Athena Asamiya over Terry Bogard. Psycho Soldier is an older game than Fatal Fury, though it'd be an iffy claim to say that she's more popular than Terry. She's got a reflector though, she'd be perfect for Smash.

Edited by Glennstavos

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Well I should think that a second one would be related to the music we already have in the game since that's the most popular/relevant stuff anyway. Excluding those options seems arbitrary. When it comes to SNK, a second character from that company probably already exists in their crossover fighting series. My answer is Crystalis since that's a massively underrated game, but unless a reboot of that game is coming in the future I don't see that getting any smash representation in the future.

And while we're talking about that SNK music, they really went all out on that Psycho Soldier remix. And it's a pretty pathetic song in its original, english format. It reminds me of how they redid the DK Rap back in Melee. Had I known what they'd come up with, I would have suggested Athena Asamiya over Terry Bogard. Psycho Soldier is an older game than Fatal Fury, though it'd be an iffy claim to say that she's more popular than Terry. She's got a reflector though, she'd be perfect for Smash.

How would that exactly work since the non-Fatal Fury musics were in the Fatal Fury section in My Music and they already got the Fatal Fury series Emblem attached in it? Besides that Athena already made a cameo in King of Fighters Stadium and a DLC Spirit in Terry Bogard's Spirit Board as well.

1 minute ago, King Marth 64 said:

How would that exactly work since the non-Fatal Fury musics were in the Fatal Fury section in My Music and they already got the Fatal Fury series Emblem attached in it? Besides that Athena already made a cameo in King of Fighters Stadium and a DLC Spirit in Terry Bogard's Spirit Board as well.

I'm not saying Athena should be the next DLC character, I'm saying they ought to have put her in over Terry because of what they did to her song.

Though I'd be disappointed not to get Crash, I'd say Metal Slug, one of the two most notable run n' gun franchises alongside Konami's Contra. The Ikari Warriors aren't even originally from Metal Slug; Marco Rossi is the guy you're looking for, and he doesn't have a Spirit in Smash yet.

I actually played through Crystalis and kinda liked it, so it'd be neat to see it get some kind of acknowledgement, but a Mii Swordfighter costume would suffice.

Edited by Lord_Brand

I echo Lord_Brand on the possibility of Metal Slug. Plus a new installment was announced last month, albeit it's a FF Tactics-style spin-off.

And it's honestly still a big want for me. Remember the moveset I made 2 years ago in this thread? At least two aspects of that moveset ending up actually being implemented into a DLC fighter (Min Min got weapon-swapping Down B, Byleth got gender-specific taunts and victory animations; and heck, they did Hero-style alts a 2nd time with Steve). I'd still love to see Mii Gunner costumes of them at the very least, but I'm not holding my breath. And if I couldn't have Lloyd, at least his costume came back.

2 hours ago, Lord_Brand said:

Though I'd be disappointed not to get Crash, I'd say Metal Slug, one of the two most notable run n' gun franchises alongside Konami's Contra. The Ikari Warriors aren't even originally from Metal Slug; Marco Rossi is the guy you're looking for, and he doesn't have a Spirit in Smash yet.

1 hour ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I echo Lord_Brand on the possibility of Metal Slug. Plus a new installment was announced last month, albeit it's a FF Tactics-style spin-off.

The problem with chances for Marco from Metal Slug series in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is because Sakurai already did putted those five Metal Slug tracks in the King of Fighters Stadium and they were counted as DLC Songs as well, not used in-game like Xenoblade Chronicles series nor Final Fantasy series. I do like the Metal Slug series, but I seriously think Marco from Metal Slug in DLC planning that it would be unlikely due to Nintendo might already did made a list of selected picks in Fighter Pass Vol. 2 during at the development in Terry Bogard's DLC content.

If those 5 Metal Slug series music tracks weren't in the King of Fighters Stadium, I would think Marco from Metal Slug series would get a possible chance.

Edited by King Marth 64

Besides that, Metal Slug is also SNK's most successful Franchise bar KoF. Also while we're at it, let's not forget SNK bought up the rights to ADK's franchises when they went under in 2000. Including the World Heroes Franchise... whose characters have continued to appear in SNK's works as recently as SNK Heroines. Aggressors of Dark Kombat has likewise proven hard to get rid of due to a couple guests in Neogeo Battle Coliseum (Much like Marco from Metal Slug and no less than 3 World Heroes characters).
Also a lot of ADK games made it onto the Neogeo Mini's various incarnations in 2018 (World Heroes Perfect, Magician Lord, Blue's Journey, Ninja Masters, Ninja Commando, Crossed Swords, Ninja Combat Aggressors of Dark Kombat, Twinkle Star Sprites). That's a good 9 games (out of 15 total for the Neo Geo, and a good 3 of the remaining are just earlier World Heroes). So my other, less obvious, choice to have an SNK rep is to have someone from World Heroes just on the grounds that also represents the defunct ADK, who have no reps whatsoever while adding a second SNK character.

i'd say a Metal Slug fighter would be the most likely one, if they were to pick another SNK character, despite the fact that some Metal Slug tracks are already in Terry's KoF stage

in particular, i'd love said Metal Slug fighter to keep his/her 2d appearance, but i think it would be uselessly hard to create original animations for a sprite and make it work as a Smash fighter