Jump to content
ARMADS!!!

OH YEAH! WE FINALLY GOT FREYR!!! where are you Freyr fans?

Recommended Posts

Yeah, I know some (maybe most?) people say Freyr is lame and that there should be no reason for anyone to want him in this game (hence him being placed 161 in CYL 4 and 175 in CYL 5).

 

 Yet, while I agree that apparentIy there is no reason to want him, I still do, and I don't know exactly why. I just really like him.

 It's not especially for his character, but for some reason, I just think he is really cool. He looks badass AF (his design, his art, the badass serious expression he has, the possibilities if he was an actual playable character), I imagine him being a total beast (pun intended) if he was playable cuz he has great stats (speed aside but he would probably have a skill that guarantees a follow up attack anyway, he is one of those characters that has both high Def and Res, and if he had a 14 mt weapon like Freya then he would have 52 Atk!), also he would probably be a Mythic hero like most OCs are, and it is interesting that he...

Spoiler

...is the first enemy with 0 weapons and skills (and still is able to transform), making us imagine what kind of abilities he would have if he was an actual unit(which is probably the motive why most Freyr fans find him interesting/want him in the game, no way he could be bad with those stats... just maybe in 2023 when every decent unit will have at least 60 atk and 45 Def or so)

 Also I just really like FEH male OC's I mean, the ones we had until book IV were what? Bruno, Surtr, Helbindi, Hríd, Gustav, Líf and Freyr. And Gustav wasn't even playable yet (nor Freyr, so it were 5 playable guys vs 13 playable girls at the time), so I was kinda hoping that Freyr would be playable... But unfortunately, males have like 1000% less chance of becoming playable in this game than females because waifuing so I$ didn't even bother making him an actual unit. 

 

 It's kinda weird for me to like him, because I think of myself as the kind of people who would usually like to shit in a character like Freyr, thinking he is useless and lame and wanting him to never become playable because of the memes and jokes. Honestly I was kinda embarassed for admitting that I liked him and wanted him to become playable at first, and specially of admitting that I find him badass (despite being very different from the usual concept of badass). But since we got him in the summer banner now, ill say it: Screw it! I like Freyr and he is cool AF, Don't know why, he just is. And I was hoping to have him in the game for a long time.

 

 Yeah, that was my confession for today, and I know lots of other people (maybe not too much?) like him too. So speak out loud, Freyr fans! We might not be too many, but he doesn't deserve all the hate for being "lame", I still hope to get his traditional version one day (But for now I'm really happy with this summer alt)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's because he is male and cool that I'm disappointed and mad, he will be a seasonal locked instead of Mythic. 

 

Edit: btw this kind of thread could had been a post on here.

 

Edited by Naoshi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in a similar boat. Poor male Heroes original characters... I bet they'll make all the dragons (or all the "good" dragons, such as Askr) female, too. (I'm all for dragon girls but not when it's the same formula over and over again.) I'm still holding onto hope...but it's only a thread of it.

Anyway, yeah, poor Freyr doesn't deserve being ignored by his creators like this. Besides Kiranfonse, Freyr is the ONE PERSON who hasn't made it into the game (until now) and he may be THE ONE ACTUAL IN-GAME DEITY who doesn't get a mythic. Yeesh. Poor guy. The whole time, he was just trying to take care of everyone, and even owned up to willingly getting those kids to shed their humanity to save their world (alongside Freyja, who also agreed with the plan), and that being less than good. He was even open about being unsure if he made the right choice all those years ago -- if it was really worth it. Dude's a stand-up goat. It wouldn't even be that hard for IS to make his base form playable -- the data's already in the game.

But I digress. I am indeed happy that he's here! And before, he was wearing such loose, flowy garb that who was to know he was actually so built underneath it? I thought he was a frail, sleepy guy, but I guess not!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you on male OCs, I wish they would get more love.  I really liked Freyr from his introduction and to see him being seasonal locked (most likely) makes me very unhappy.  On the other hand at least he is getting something which I will take over nothing.  I am to the point with FEH that I will take a seasonal version over no version, so while I am not happy I can still look on the bright side and say well at least I have a version of Freyr unlike some of my other FE favorites who may never make it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I agree with you on male OCs, I wish they would get more love.  I really liked Freyr from his introduction and to see him being seasonal locked (most likely) makes me very unhappy.  On the other hand at least he is getting something which I will take over nothing.  I am to the point with FEH that I will take a seasonal version over no version, so while I am not happy I can still look on the bright side and say well at least I have a version of Freyr unlike some of my other FE favorites who may never make it in.

Hear hear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks a lot like an old anime villain like Sesshōmaru or Sephiroth, which is endearing to me as well, yeah. If he wasn't a seasonal (I hate seasonals), I'd probably break my 'no OC's" streak to roll for him.  Be that as it may, the fairies were surprisingly a cool plot twist, not to mention those final set of maps and the role he played.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kradeelav said:

and the role he played.

Scapegoat.

Edit: More like sacrifice, actually. A scapegoat takes on the blame on behalf of someone else.

Edited by Mercakete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

 at least I have a version of Freyr unlike some of my other FE favorites who may never make it in.

 Thats true, its sad to see how some characters have SEVEN alts just because they are waifus (AKA Lyn and Camilla) while some important characters are not even in the game yet (like most of the Gen 2 of FE4, Athos,etc) or just got there recently (like Erynis, Azel, Pent, Erk, Louise, Tatiana, Luthier and Ashera). Some of those are actually pretty popular and important to the story, IDK why they weren't in FEH until some time ago/haven't been added yet. It really makes me question what criteria does I$ uses to add characters to this game, besides the waifuing and 3 houses bias (I mean, Hilda debuted less than 2 years ago and already has 3 alts???)

 Not that I don't like Lyn or some of other characters that have a crap ton of alts but it's just really REALLY unfair. Thats one motive why some people get really pissed off when they get an OC as a new hero/alt instead of a character from one of the actual games that is not there yet. Or why some people dislike the game being "flooded" by 3 houses characters (cough! CYL 4! COUGH!). No character should have more than 3 alts (counting with the original version) unless he was chosen for CYL (then havig 4 at max) and maybe another alt would be excusable if the character deserves a mythic/legendary and that, at most, would be 5. But c'mon, 7 is too much!

Honestly, I don't mind the OC's at all, since they generally only get their original version (which sometimes is a mythic/legendary hero, mostly mythic nowadays), the new year banner and some other random alt. Actually, aside from Alfonse and Veronica, no OC has ever got more than 2 alts (original version aside). So for me, whenever a new character gets in the game (whether is an OC or not) I'm cool, hence I'm being happy with Freyr debut. And I'm still (hopeless) waiting for his original alt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Naoshi said:

Yeah, it's because he is male and cool that I'm disappointed and mad, he will be a seasonal locked instead of Mythic. 

 

Edit: btw this kind of thread could had been a post on here.

 

 The point of the post was more to talk about Freyr finally being in the game, and being a cool character that doesnt deserve the hate he gets (and that we hope to get his original version soon) than about his summer alt. I mean, is more about getting Freyr in the game than about the banner he is in. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough or if the topic seems unecessary, but I really needed to know if someone else was happy to see him as an actual unit (the only people I see manifesting about this are a small bunch of people getting shited on by Freyr haters on GameFAQs)

 

Also yeah, if he end up being seasonal locked I will be disappointed too

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kradeelav said:

He looks a lot like an old anime villain like Sesshōmaru or Sephiroth, which is endearing to me as well, yeah. 

 

 

THIS.

Thats one of the things that make him look so cool, I will never get tired of thinking how awesome his design is, I mean... They managed to make something such as "the king of the fairies that only seeks peace and love" into something badass.

 

 Also, for some reason the hair really gives me some Alucard vibes

Edited by ARMADS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freyr really is something else. Besides what I've said already here, the guy let himself be killed for the sake of "This is wrong, Freyja. Stop it." Doing the right thing at great personal cost, and being honest a humble... Lif, please don't be mad at this particular FEH deity. He's a good guy.

Edited by Mercakete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Spoiler

Yeah, sad that he died 😞

 otherwise he could make an apearence in a future xenologue or something like this?

Spoiler

 

Since both him and Freya are dead (even though Plumeria and Triandra want to bring her back) I keep thinking about what hapened to the realms of dreams and nightmares, who would rule them? Don't them need a king/queen? It would be nice to see what happeed to them in a xenologue or whataver.

 


 

 Also I realised that we don't have any Mythic beast (nor legendary) aside from Freya, so it just makes me want original Freyr even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surtr died too, but he appeared in a xenologue (albeit he was in the Lad of the Dead.) And I don't know if Freyja's actually dead or just unconscious (unlike Freyr, who is most certainly dead since he kind of had to die for Freyja's usurpation of his power to go away.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be weird to see Freyr in the land of dead, but in an interesting way. 

 

 Freya is dead, as far as I know. In the ending Triandra and Plumeria are mourning over her (and I don't think they were stupid enough not to check if she was alive) when Líf and Thrasir show up saying that there are gods who can grant their with to bring back Freya at all cost , probably because Loki and Thórr sent them there to do to a contract with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

 Freya is dead, as far as I know. In the ending Triandra and Plumeria are mourning over her (and I don't think they were stupid enough not to check if she was alive) when Líf and Thrasir show up saying that there are gods who can grant their with to bring back Freya at all cost , probably because Loki and Thórr sent them there to do to a contract with them.

They were mourning over the fact that she's basically in a coma and they don't know when she'll wake up (which could be never.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mercakete said:

They were mourning over the fact that she's basically in a coma and they don't know when she'll wake up (which could be never.)

 Yeah, it could be that, but she is either dead or in a coma that will probably never end since Triandra said "She even gave her life".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile i am still waiting for Regular Bruno to be introduced... Even tough he should have been introduced, but IS decided to ditch the farfetched banner that year... and put him on a Easter Cav festival... (yes i am still pissed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Meanwhile i am still waiting for Regular Bruno to be introduced... Even tough he should have been introduced, but IS decided to ditch the farfetched banner that year... and put him on a Easter Cav festival... (yes i am still pissed)

He'll probably be the last reward of the four dragons since his whole mission was removing the curse from his family's bloodline (which is distinctly tied to the dragon Embla.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mercakete said:

He'll probably be the last reward of the four dragons since his whole mission was removing the curse from his family's bloodline (which is distinctly tied to the dragon Embla.)

OOOOOOH, thats a good theory. It makes sense

 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

Meanwhile i am still waiting for Regular Bruno to be introduced... Even tough he should have been introduced, but IS decided to ditch the farfetched banner that year... and put him on a Easter Cav festival... (yes i am still pissed)

Yes, I'm pissed about it too, everyone likes Bruno! But I think that Mercakete's last reply (the one I quote in the begining of this reply) might be correct. We know both Bruno and Veronica are going to turn into Askr's allies at some point (we are getting a lot of foreshadowing about it with Veronica since she has been helping the order each time more, and Bruno already said to Alfonse that they're friends but he wants distance from them for now because of the curse) and none of them are playable in their original versions yet (Honesly, until now I've never realized that original Veronica isn't playable, i had to check it in gamepress now to confirm what I'm saying), so it's probable that they'll get rid of the curse near the end of the story and become allies.

 

 Finally, we will be able to lay our hands in Bruno without having to spend 50 orbs trying to get him (in the case he really become a free unit, but now I have really high hopes about it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, now that I think about the end of the main story, I think that Thórr will restore Líf's and Thrasir's world as well as Freya's life for Plumeria and Triandra (as long as she isn't lying to them) so I have my hopes that Freya might convince her to bring freyr back too? (probably won't happen, but I have my hopes 😛) it will be really emotional to see Líf reuniting with his Sharena if this really happens, so I hope that Thórr isn't tricking them.

 

 

On 7/6/2021 at 3:14 PM, Mercakete said:

I'm in a similar boat. Poor male Heroes original characters... I bet they'll make all the dragons (or all the "good" dragons, such as Askr) female, too. (I'm all for dragon girls but not when it's the same formula over and over again.) I'm still holding onto hope...but it's only a thread of it.

 And quoting Mercakete again, seems like the guy has some nice theories, he said that just 2 days before we get to see Nifl and yeah... until now hes right. I actually like male dragons, we don't have many (If you don't count Tellius), specially good male dragons, so I hope that at least one, c'mon at least one to be male (and sexy) (kidding) (or not)

For some reason I think Muspell will be male. But how much do you want to bet that he will be evil? the dragon guys are always evil while the dragon lolis are always good. Specially the oldest and  most powerful out of them will be female.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Finally, we will be able to lay our hands in Bruno without having to spend 50 orbs trying to get him (in the case he really become a free unit, but now I have really high hopes about it)

50 orbs? Average orb cost for a typical (3%/4) rarity unit is about 200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mercakete said:

He'll probably be the last reward of the four dragons since his whole mission was removing the curse from his family's bloodline (which is distinctly tied to the dragon Embla.)

I really doubt that, i had a theory that when farfetched heroes Bruno wasnt released they would use OG Bruno, OG Veronica and a 3. new OG in a book arc as a replacement for the Askrtrio and give those 3 out for free, similar to the Askr trio (as in not being able to merge them etc.). Basicly to push the story side of Embla and resolve Brunos/Veronicas curse, but that didnt obviously happen and prolly will never happen.

I have no hope anymore for OG Bruno to ever release, nor OG Veronica. Though OG Veronica doesnt sting much, she has a Brave alt that spins her Story further and is to me basicly the grown up Version of OG Veronica and I am fine with that.

In any case all OGs after Book 3 are lackluster to me. The Fairy world and design wasnt my cup of tea and the current Book is better but Steampunk isnt my cup of Tea either. Dagr was fun though.

I also believe that Loki as a farfetched Unit was something IS didnt consider or plan and threw them off the loop for some time. She was prolly considered to be never be released or be released as a Legendary/Mythic unit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

 And quoting Mercakete again, seems like the guy has some nice theories, he said that just 2 days before we get to see Nifl and yeah... until now hes right. I actually like male dragons, we don't have many (If you don't count Tellius), specially good male dragons, so I hope that at least one, c'mon at least one to be male (and sexy) (kidding) (or not)

For some reason I think Muspell will be male. But how much do you want to bet that he will be evil? the dragon guys are always evil while the dragon lolis are always good. Specially the oldest and  most powerful out of them will be female.

Thanks for the compliment! (Though, admittedly, I did see Nifl's art before I posted that. It was kind of flying everywhere, but I was being discreet here as well as I could be since I wasn't using spoiler tags.) Anyway, I've revised that theory a little. Here's what I said in the general chat on that:

Quote

Also, she'll (Fjorm) probably be dead by the end of this TT (at least, as Fjorm. She may fuse with Nifl and give her support to Askr as they face Alfador in book 6.) ... Whiiiiich may mean that Muspell (dragon) is also female and will perhaps have already fused with Laegjarn (since she was the most recent sacrifice and girls were always required for the Rite of Flames) and will also give us her support. Also that Askr (dragon) is female and will fuse with Sharena to give us the support of that dragon. And that Embla is probably male and will fuse with Bruno to get rid of the curse and give us his support.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the name of the current TT is "Ice and Flame", we will probably see Muspell there too (otherwise it would be just "Ice"?), either in the ending cutscene of the event or in part two (or later if the event has more than 2 parts). For some reason I really belive that either Muspell or Embla (or both) are going to be evil, as well as Alfaoor. In the case that Muspell is the evil dragon, Laegjarn won't comeback to help, but I think it is more likely that the evil dragon will be Embla, I mean the Embla royal family's curse is caused by him, right? (who are his descendents, and as far as I remember and saw in FE wiki, thay even call him the dark god at some point) So I don't think that he will be good nor give support to Askr. So I still think that Bruno will get rid of the curse (maybe by killing Embla or something?) And then maybe we will get both him and Veronica as free units (or only one if the other dies in the stoy) (even though I agree with Hilda's last reply that not having OG Veronica doesn't really matter since we already have her Brave alt)

Embla will probably be either the main antagonist of some book (before we get to see Alfaoor) or some kind of secondary antagonist in Alfaoor's book, only behind Alfaoor himself and his closest subordinates (Loki who is the "sadisctic and evil villain" trope and Thórr who is the "villain that wants to serve her master but don't want to cause unecessary pain and wants to win with dignity" trope, and both of them being like the "dark sorcerer who is always at the main villain's side" trope too, I just wonder how will they manage to make Loki a hard boss/sub boss when we get to fight against her since we did it a thousand times already and it's generally pretty easy).

 Probably Líf, Thrasir, Plumeria and Triandra will be in Alfaoor's side too at least in the begining (because of the contract they did with Loki and Thórr), and then will either surrender to/join Askr or have extremelly heartbreaking deaths fighting for the things they've already lost, I mean if they betray Alfaoor then IDK how will Líf and Thrasir ever get their world and siblings back, and how will Plumeria and Triandra get Freya back, so they will either accept that they've lost them forever and join the order of heroes to fight for something that can still be saved or fight to death against Askr with the hope of getting back the ones they love. I wish there was a way to see them getting their world and Freya back without having to die but yeah... unfortunately maybe this won't happen (sad, because I really wanted to see Líf reuniting with his Sharena, but I'll still have hopes, I guess...).

 

 About the OTHER dragons though, something tells me that, except for Askr, none of them will be exactly GOOD, I think that each of them is just the protector of their respective realms. Nifl doesn't seem to be good to me (but neither evil), I mean if you give part of your lifespan for her then she helps you but that seems to be it, it's a trade she is not helping you for free, also the way she is presented doesn't help to make her look like a benevolent being too (not because you have to fight against her, but in her description it is said that she is cold and distance and it just gives me the impression that she is pretty neutral and impartial). Probably Nifl and Muspell will have some kind of rivalry that may or may not be resolved in the end. I don't know if Ljósálfheimr and Dokkálfheimr have a dragon ruling over them, as far as I remember it is never mentioned, but I belive that Jotunheimr and Nioavellir might have ( and will probably be rival dragons too, like Muspell and Nifl, same with Ljosélfheirm's abd Dokkálfheim's dragons if they have them too).

Thinking this way, about no dragon being eaxctly bad but just each other's rivals, it might be that Embla only acts as a villain for being Askr's rival and for being evil(well, or not, since he prejudices his on descendants and is called dark god but who knows)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Since the name of the current TT is "Ice and Flame", we will probably see Muspell there too (otherwise it would be just "Ice"?), either in the ending cutscene of the event or in part two (or later if the event has more than 2 parts). For some reason I really belive that either Muspell or Embla (or both) are going to be evil, as well as Alfaoor. In the case that Muspell is the evil dragon, Laegjarn won't comeback to help, but I think it is more likely that the evil dragon will be Embla, I mean the Embla royal family's curse is caused by him, right? (who are his descendents, and as far as I remember and saw in FE wiki, thay even call him the dark god at some point) So I don't think that he will be good nor give support to Askr. So I still think that Bruno will get rid of the curse (maybe by killing Embla or something?) And then maybe we will get both him and Veronica as free units (or only one if the other dies in the stoy) (even though I agree with Hilda's last reply that not having OG Veronica doesn't really matter since we already have her Brave alt)

Embla will probably be either the main antagonist of some book (before we get to see Alfaoor) or some kind of secondary antagonist in Alfaoor's book, only behind Alfaoor himself and his closest subordinates (Loki who is the "sadisctic and evil villain" trope and Thórr who is the "villain that wants to serve her master but don't want to cause unecessary pain and wants to win with dignity" trope, and both of them being like the "dark sorcerer who is always at the main villain's side" trope too, I just wonder how will they manage to make Loki a hard boss/sub boss when we get to fight against her since we did it a thousand times already and it's generally pretty easy).

 Probably Líf, Thrasir, Plumeria and Triandra will be in Alfaoor's side too at least in the begining (because of the contract they did with Loki and Thórr), and then will either surrender to/join Askr or have extremelly heartbreaking deaths fighting for the things they've already lost, I mean if they betray Alfaoor then IDK how will Líf and Thrasir ever get their world and siblings back, and how will Plumeria and Triandra get Freya back, so they will either accept that they've lost them forever and join the order of heroes to fight for something that can still be saved or fight to death against Askr with the hope of getting back the ones they love. I wish there was a way to see them getting their world and Freya back without having to die but yeah... unfortunately maybe this won't happen (sad, because I really wanted to see Líf reuniting with his Sharena, but I'll still have hopes, I guess...).

 

 About the OTHER dragons though, something tells me that, except for Askr, none of them will be exactly GOOD, I think that each of them is just the protector of their respective realms. Nifl doesn't seem to be good to me (but neither evil), I mean if you give part of your lifespan for her then she helps you but that seems to be it, it's a trade she is not helping you for free, also the way she is presented doesn't help to make her look like a benevolent being too (not because you have to fight against her, but in her description it is said that she is cold and distance and it just gives me the impression that she is pretty neutral and impartial). Probably Nifl and Muspell will have some kind of rivalry that may or may not be resolved in the end. I don't know if Ljósálfheimr and Dokkálfheimr have a dragon ruling over them, as far as I remember it is never mentioned, but I belive that Jotunheimr and Nioavellir might have ( and will probably be rival dragons too, like Muspell and Nifl, same with Ljosélfheirm's abd Dokkálfheim's dragons if they have them too).

Thinking this way, about no dragon being eaxctly bad but just each other's rivals, it might be that Embla only acts as a villain for being Askr's rival and for being evil(well, or not, since he prejudices his on descendants and is called dark god but who knows)

His name isn't "Alfaoor", it's "Alfador" - as in, "Allfather", a title for the Norse god Odin.

Edited by Othin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...