Nintendo Switch (OLED model)

LoneStar

Nintendo just decided to shadow drop information on their new Switch model (OLED).

It releases on October 8th. Which happens to be my birthday (I wonder if mommy will buy this for me). Nah I'm a grown man I have to buy my own stuff.

So what do you think and what are your plans for the new system?

Edited by LoneStar

Better and wider screen, an Ethernet port, a stand that doesn't suck and it's only 50 €/$ more than the OG? That's cool.

But I'll pass. I don't need a new one.

Glad it's not stronger and won't have exclusive games. I hate mid gen refreshes. 

And also, you bloody well know that if they did do a power boost and allow for exclusive games, Fire Emblem Warriors 2 would end up being one of them, just like FEW was on New 3DS. Because Koei can't be bothered to optimize.

8 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

And also, you bloody well know that if they did do a power boost and allow for exclusive games, Fire Emblem Warriors 2 would end up being one of them, just like FEW was on New 3DS. Because Koei can't be bothered to optimize.

That would be interesting. I'm not too keen on getting Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, since the game looks kind of rough.

This was the rumored Switch Pro huh? I willing to bet Nintendo wanted to make a higher performance Switch to release around this time. However, given the worldwide microchip shortage of the last few years, such plans quickly became too costly to justify. The PS5 is almost a year old and you still cannot walk into a store and purchase one off the shelves. Probably the only gross part of this news is the higher price point. The Switch itself has already proved a high investment with its failure-prone controllers and insatiable need for more storage space.

While it's neat that this is an option, I don't really have a need to get it. This looks more for people who play undocked more than anything, and ever since I've moved, it's been almost exclusively docked.

Kind of surprised they didn't announce a special Dread edition, even though it already kind of looks like the E.M.M.I.

13 hours ago, LoneStar said:

That would be interesting. I'm not too keen on getting Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, since the game looks kind of rough.

The performance issues in AoC are overstated and don't even rank in my top problems with the game.

That said, any level of significant performance issues in AoC are inexcusable, because KT knew exactly what specs they had to develop for. It's not like this was even a downgraded port - it's a platform exclusive.

On 7/7/2021 at 9:33 AM, Dai said:

Kind of surprised they didn't announce a special Dread edition, even though it already kind of looks like the E.M.M.I.

They usually announce special consoles like that nearer to the launch of the game.

On 7/7/2021 at 2:40 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

That said, any level of significant performance issues in AoC are inexcusable, because KT knew exactly what specs they had to develop for. It's not like this was even a downgraded port - it's a platform exclusive.

It really does beggar belief that the original Hyrule Warriors on the Wii U runs better, despite it being on worse hardware.