Translator Wanted! For Cipher Drama CD

SDragonhead

Not posting in the Cipher tab as this is less to do with cards and I would like more exposure on this particular thing. I'm a fan of the Cipher mascots and got the 2016 Cipher Drama CD with 65 minutes of dialogue. Issue is I don't understand japanese so that's where I shall turn to the community for help on that. I've ripped the CD so I can share them with you all for a listen [ mediafire ], I will post them on YT as itself as well when I get around to it. I just would like to find people who would help in listening and writing down how it translates into english so then I could make a fully captioned video, sorta like the translated FE Echoes drama CD. 

Edited by SDragonhead

So, I know a guy who speaks some Japanese, he's not fluent but he'd maybe be able to help out. He said it'd take about $20 dollars per hour of work, and while the exact cost would depend on the quality of translation you're looking for and some other factors, he gave a rough estimate of one week of work, about $800 total.

NB: This quote is for an actual translation, not, like, a direct translation, so the time spent is probably negotiable.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I know some people who actually are fluent (and native) who could probably do it. Though they're not fire emblem fans so likely you'd need to pay too. Not sure how their rates would measure up to Anonymous Speed's friend. Alternatively if you want someone who might be willing to do it probono @Ice Dragon

Seems pretty good at Japanese (not sure why referencing another user forced me to make another paragraph).

18 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I know some people who actually are fluent (and native) who could probably do it. Though they're not fire emblem fans so likely you'd need to pay too. Not sure how their rates would measure up to Anonymous Speed's friend. Alternatively if you want someone who might be willing to do it probono @Ice Dragon

Seems pretty good at Japanese (not sure why referencing another user forced me to make another paragraph).

My Japanese is okay, but I don't have much confidence in my ability to translate large amounts of dialogue, especially when I don't have a written script to reference for any vocabulary I'm not familiar with.

I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it in my free time, but I can neither guarantee my accuracy nor that I can start or finish in any timely manner.

• 4 months later...

I no longer need translators as the work is done! I gotten the tracks 3 and 5 translated (the one’s with actual story as the rest are talk from cipher creators and the voice actors). They are in the captions for the videos.

Someone else beat me to it of making visualized and translated all the tracks.

That leaves this thread to be now done with. I hope people check out the CD as I will always love and miss Cipher!