Has anyone attempted to make an FE7 "best of both worlds" hack?

Furon

I recently finished a run of HHM where I was, once again, lamenting the lack of 3x eff weapons and other puzzling balance changes when I decided that I was finally gonna give this hack a try:

This hack does a wonderful job of restoring a lot of the unnecessary balance changes of FE7 but it got me thinking; has anyone ever attempted to make an FE7 hack that restores the JP balance AND improves the terrible localization? There's a whole lot of minor nitpicks that I've seen about FE7's presentation and I just don't know if someone has already made or attempted a hack like this.

What is terrible about the localisation? Even if people agree, they might well agree for different reasons (e. g. the 'actually completely direct translations are good !!' crowd) that don't actually give you what you want.

Edited by Parrhesia

The most egregious instance that is often cited is how the team handled Nergal's wife, Aenir. The team seemingly didn't realize Aenir was a person and wrote of her as if she was a location, and changed his extended death quote to instead lament his lack of quintessence by mistake. The other ones being the text errors on weapons such as the infamous "an axe designed to strike" and other minorly confusing dialogue that just didn't translate well. 

3 hours ago, Furon said:

The most egregious instance that is often cited is how the team handled Nergal's wife, Aenir. The team seemingly didn't realize Aenir was a person and wrote of her as if she was a location, and changed his extended death quote to instead lament his lack of quintessence by mistake. The other ones being the text errors on weapons such as the infamous "an axe designed to strike" and other minorly confusing dialogue that just didn't translate well. 

That hardly falls under "terrible localization." It's just a few localization mistakes, and they're pretty much all in places most players will never even see. "Terrible localization" is when major things are changed or omitted, like if a character's personality is rewritten or scenes are removed.

If you want a hack that fixes these things that's fine, but call it what it is. If no one's done anything like that, it's probably because no one thinks it's worth worrying about.

I honestly prefer 2x effective weapons to 3x on average, at least in this game. Like, nobody thinks the lord weapons are underpowered at 2x effectiveness - they're already stronger than silver weapons against many foes. Same with the Swordslayer. And I think things like 27 might steel bows and 39 might silver bows are just excessive, it means your strength becomes literally irrelevant and even an underlevelled unit with a bow just instantly murders wyverns which is kinda nonsensical.

Only thing you can argue is that a few of the weaker effective weapons (longsword for instance) need a buff.