A Nicktoons Smash clone was announced

Perkilator

No, seriously, this is real. And people online have already caught on with it.

And if that weren't weird enough:

Apparently it even has rollback netcode on supported platforms.

Edited by Perkilator

I can't help but notice a complete lack of Avatar. It might strengthen the rumors that Nickelodeon always did consider it the odd duck out and had a bit of an axe to grind about it. I'm surprised to see Danny Phantom included since its time in the sun has long passed. It was unceremoniously killed off 14 years ago and didn't leave much of a legacy. But I'm glad to see the ghost boy. I always had a bit of a soft spot for the show back in the day. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

I'm interested in the generational gap in people reacting to a trailer like this. For me it's a lot of dunno who that is...spongebob sure...oh yeah the monster show I remember that...oh god, Nigel Thornberry...Helga? Dude, yes...REPTAR??? Now give us CatDog and the Angry Beavers as an ice climber duo where they fight each other as much as their opponents.

2 hours ago, Perkilator said:

Apparently it even has netcode on supported platforms.

The keyword there is rollback. Saying a game has "netcode" just means it has unspecified online play lol

57 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I can't help but notice a complete lack of Avatar. It might strengthen the rumors that Nickelodeon always did consider it the odd duck out and had a bit of an axe to grind about it. I'm surprised to see Danny Phantom included since its time in the sun has long passed. It was unceremoniously killed off 14 years ago and didn't leave much of a legacy. But I'm glad to see the ghost boy. I always had a bit of a soft spot for the show back in the day. 

Aang and Korra are on the box art.

24 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm interested in the generational gap in people reacting to a trailer like this. For me it's a lot of dunno who that is...spongebob sure...oh yeah the monster show I remember that...oh god, Nigel Thornberry...Helga? Dude, yes...REPTAR??? Now give us CatDog and the Angry Beavers as an ice climber duo where they fight each other as much as their opponents.

The keyword there is rollback. Saying a game has "netcode" just means it has unspecified online play lol

Pretty sure Catdog has been confirmed already.

21 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Aang and Korra are on the box art.

Pretty sure Catdog has been confirmed already.

Oh there's more outside the trailer? Yeah I guess that makes sense, because it occurs to me now that they only showed two of the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And it's the worst two, at that. Raphael and Donny all day for me. 

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Oh there's more outside the trailer? Yeah I guess that makes sense, because it occurs to me now that they only showed two of the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And it's the worst two, at that. Raphael and Donny all day for me. 

Ah, a fellow man of culture.

Anyway, the thread for this game on Smashboards has the full confirmed roster breakdown so far.

Spoiler

So far we know the following are in:
Michelangelo
Lincoln Loud
Powdered Toast Man
Sandy Cheeks
Patrick Star
Oblina
Nigel Thornberry
Lucy
Spongebob
Helga
Reptar
Zim
Danny Phantom
Leonardo

GameMill has already confirmed there will be more characters than that. Other characters that have been found on the box art are:
Ren
Stimpy
CatDog
Korra
Aang (not a lot have spotted him yet but he's the hand below Korra, you can tell cause of the sleeve)

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

Reptar and Nigel Thornberry are cool and we still need Timmy, Jimmy, and Jenny, but when are we getting Professor Membrane? Enter the Florpus gave him tons of moveset potential.

Funnily enough, this isn't even the first time the Turtles appeared in a Smash-esque game. They're technically veteran fighters.

Now Cartoon Network needs to make their move. Samurai Jack and Ben 10 are a good start, and you can add in Dexter's Lab, the Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, Cow n' Chicken, Sheep in the Big City, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Kids Next Door, Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Evil Con Carne...and that's not even counting the larger Times Warner suite including Looney Tunes, DC Comics, and Hanna-Barbera. A Cartoon Network Smash could easily rival Ultimate in terms of roster.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently Fanboy and Chum Chum, Alex Mack, GIR, and any significant content beyond 80s TMNT was disconfirmed or at least had their chances made extremely unlikely one way or another by the devs.

875450862_Receipt1.jpg.02eae4909137bc7e7a4199dfe26fe99f.jpg535316747_Receipt2.png.9e9badf914809765d40b2dd6acb67a10.png1029222537_Receipt3.thumb.png.e0fc03cf492e676e4e029ca42bbdfa82.png1215184473_Receipt5.png.87f3464e75f1bf8115c490198309d13a.png

Speaking of unlikely. 

Making Fiends, Catscratch, Mr. Meaty, Robot and Monster might have their chances lowered from showing up on the roster.889269753_Receipt4.png.53e901eb501d091c9df5883c7d37ef8c.png

Edited by Seazas

Here’s hoping for some Angry Beavers representation, be it Muscular Beaver or El Grapadura.

Nice to see the best Loud Sister made it in. 

Question is, will we see more villains? Shredder's a top choice, even if they don't use the badass 2003 Shredder (though including him as a costume alt would be cool).

I'm 90% certain the whole reason Nigel Thornberry is in here is because of all the "SMASHING!" memes. He's set to become this game's Captain Falcon.