It took 30 years... but a mainline Super Robot Wars game is finally getting an official worldwide release.

Acacia Sgt

https://store.steampowered.com/app/898750/Super_Robot_Wars_30/

I still can't believe this is happening. As a longtime fan of the series, this is... I can't even, it's practically a miracle.

Seems to be the Steam version only. Then again, the PS4 and Switch versions can already be bought internationally via region-appropiate accounts, so I guess it makes sense. Although, I have my suspicions there could be some tweaks to at least the script. I already spot one thing that's changed from the English PV1 to the screenshots displayed on Steam. It could just be just a correction or for better display, but it makes me wonder.

Regardless...

Michael Scott The Office GIF - MichaelScott TheOffice SteveCarell -  Descubre & Comparte GIFs

A non OG SRW game is getting an official worldwide release!!!

Come on, let's us fans celebrate this! And for nonfans, take this chance to learn about this SRPG game series.

As I've said before, I don't watch anime, mecha or not.

However, the OG GBA games were a part of my childhood, I loved 'em! Recognizing the extraordinarily rare moment this is, if this isn't a fever dream, I'll buy this in support of the franchise.  At full price even b/c the licensing nightmare means I'm concerned it might not stay international forever. I can't say I don't have a bone in my body that appreciates mecha, or flashy animations. I'll be an optimist for once and say it'll be fun for sure.😄

Pay no attention to the screaming coming from the west.  I'll LP this one, too!  Though how are they gonna handle two different versions of Mr. Original Gundam Pilot?

7 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Pay no attention to the screaming coming from the west.  I'll LP this one, too!  Though how are they gonna handle two different versions of Mr. Original Gundam Pilot?

It seems the original Gundam will be there without the plot. It's even CCA Era Amuro shown the one piloting it. SRW is no stranger to this.

Like how V has Hathaway's Gundam, but absolutely didn't used the plot of Hathaway's Flash at all.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

It seems the original Gundam will be there without the plot. It's even CCA Era Amuro shown the one piloting it. SRW is no stranger to this.

Like how V has Hathaway's Gundam, but absolutely didn't used the plot of Hathaway's Flash at all.

My favorite Amuro to tease!  This ought to make for an interesting story.

A look into the scope of just how big the SRW franchise is:

SRW 30 is the 69th entry of the series. 69 games in 30 years. That's certainly a milestone, haha.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

SRW 30 is the 69th entry of the series. 69 games in 30 years. That's certainly a milestone, haha.

Cue that juvenile joke, not helped by Huckebein XXX. Let's pray for no overcompensatory giant drills.

It is impressive. And I noticed they left out Masoukishin so it seemed, so the number is slightly higher than what was shown there.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Cue that juvenile joke, not helped by Huckebein XXX. Let's pray for no overcompensatory giant drills.

It is impressive. And I noticed they left out Masoukishin so it seemed, so the number is slightly higher than what was shown there.

They're probably only counting what constitutes as mainline SRW. The first Masoukishin game was literally a side-episode. Super Robot Wars Gaiden - Masoukishin. So perhaps they lumped the entire Masoukishin as its own thing, even separate from OGverse.

Same probably why both Endless Frontier games aren't there. Or the fighting game Super Robot Spirits (the first time the SRX team and Levi showed up) isn't there either. I don't see SRW Gakuen in there either, which was more of a card game as well. Then again, some non-SRPGs are in there, like Link Battler. So... hmm...