Valve's public video game console Steam Deck was announced

King Marth 64

I'm kinda surprised to see no one posted a thread yesterday to talk about Valve had created a new Portable Nintendo Swicth like PC Gaming Console called "Steam Deck". The Steam Deck was announced yesterday and this is going to be released at December. The crew from IGN did asked the developers to talk about the Steam Deck that it does play more than Steam Games such as Xbox Game Pass, other gaming software, etc.

There are three seperate versions of the price points mentioned in the website that did confirmed that are 64 GB Storage eMMC as $399.00, 256 GB Storage NVMe SSD as $529.00, and 512 GB Storage NVMe SSD as $649.00 and they did mentioned about the FAQ about Steam Deck.

Edited by King Marth 64

9 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

I'm kinda surprised to see no one posted a thread yesterday to talk about Valve had created a new Portable Nintendo Swicth like PC Gaming Console called "Steam Deck". The Steam Deck was announced yesterday and this is going to be released at December. The crew from IGN did asked the developers to talk about the Steam Deck that it does play more than Steam Games such as Xbox Game Pass, other gaming software, etc.

it's going to be a good alternative for pc gamers, as they will basicly have a dedicated portable gaming machine to run their games rather than using an "average" laptop.

it's probably not going to be the next-gen goal for everyone else though, since most people these days play games on their phones anyway. however, there's also to be considered that other consoles such as the PS5 can't be found anywhere at the moment due to scalpers and very limited quantities released every once and then, so there's probably some people that might want to buy the Steam Deck instead if there will be enough units available, rather than waiting forever just to get a PS5.

the fact that it will be released around December means that people will most likely be looking for stuff to buy for christmas, so with the current market situation regarding other consoles, this was indeed a smart move from Valve.

10 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

That's what's new and significant about it.

All Valve are doing are copying the Switch. That's not what I'd call "new" at all.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Yeah, it seems alright, but nothing I'd really be interested in (especially for how expensive it is, holy smokes). Portable PC games is definitely cool, though, but if you have a gaming laptop and a spare controller, it really wouldn't be hard to make that portable, too (portable in the sense that you can take it with you on vacation or something, not necessarily something you'd bring on the subway).

It's nice to know where Valve's priorities are at.

Having thought about this some more, I'm not really convinced that these PC handhelds are going to be able to handle the more demanding PC games out there. I doubt the base model could even play Cyberpunk 2077 at low settings, let alone at 4K resolution and at 60 frames per second.

On 7/17/2021 at 8:35 PM, NinjaMonkey said:

Having thought about this some more, I'm not really convinced that these PC handhelds are going to be able to handle the more demanding PC games out there. I doubt the base model could even play Cyberpunk 2077 at low settings, let alone at 4K resolution and at 60 frames per second.

It would make sense for players can play Cyberpunk 2077 on Steam Deck to run it fine since Steam Deck is a PC Gaming Console. The PS4 and Xbox One ports of Cyberpunk 2077 did have issues with the Glitches and Graphics that made the game messed up while we don't know if PS5 or Xbox Series X ports will have the same issues or it might have not have the Graphic Issues like the PS4 and Xbox One versions.

Speaking of which, I'm kinda wondered if the Steam Deck would possibly receive the save data from Steam App or we just transfer through Computers since it uses a MicroSD Card?

Edited by King Marth 64