New Heroes: Dawning Reality & Nifl

Jave

Huh? Men? What are those?

But I'm so happy Nyx is finally in. Glad I saved orbs for this one.

Also apologies in advance for anyone who thought this was a Radiant Dawn banner.

Edited by Jave

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised Amber Hood does Nyx she did not reprise for Soleil. I kind of tempted to pull for Nyx since I’m lacking in Speedy Red Mages, with Bridal Thanja being my only option. 

God this game is such a trip. Nyx/Charlotte/Orochi/Benny/Arete is a reasonable lineup, but I don't think anyone expected Nifl here. Certainly can't complain about five new main pool units on a banner, maybe this is how they'll add missing characters like regular Veronica/Bruno/Gustav/Henriette/Freyr? But how often are they going to do this, we just got another bonus unit last month. Presumably not every month, like it wouldn't work with CYL.

No sparkable Save on Benny is unfortunate, but I'm delighted to be able to spark a cavalry dragon. And we'll finally have a red tome cav GHB, that's nice. Plus, Orochi is another demote with a prf.

Literally all-female banner, including a female OC on a banner that arguably didn't need it to sell, a female GHB (could've been Sumeragi instead), only male is an instademote who doesn't seem to have a prf while even the banner's demote got a prf. Fates still has quite a bit of male characters to go through and they just burned through THREE of their female characters. Yeah, fuck you IS.

I wanted regular Charlotte, but this banner just feels atrocious to me. And I personally hate Orochi and never cared for Nyx, so I guess I'm sparking on the legendary banner this month.

EDIT: Also fucking Nohr bias.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Fates still has quite a bit of male characters to go through and they just burned through THREE of their female characters.

Well, four.

And Mozu isn't even one of them.

Is that... an OC that isn't mythic/seasonal locked? But... how is that possible?! lol

I'm rather surprised. Nifl comes out of nowhere and is suddenly added to the summoning pool and we have only seen her in a TT. I wonder if she'll be playing a role in anything else in the near future?

Edited by Namero

Just now, Florete said:

Well, four.

And Mozu isn't even one of them.

Oh, I wasn't counting Arete since as far as I know she's not playable. She always felt like either GHB material, or "should've been on Adrift instead of Camilla".

I wish they'd picked Hayato as the demote instead of Orochi.

Huh, surprised Nifl wasn't a Mythic as it definitely seemed like they were setting up for her. I guess that means Muspel will be a similar situation when he drops with the next TT+. 

Anyway, glad to see Charlotte finally got added into the pool. I won't pull for her, but it was always surprising how long she was stuck with her alt despite being one of the more popular Fates units. 

Edited by Medeus

Personally, Fates is the hardest banner to 'mess up' and they still managed to do that. I have so many questions about this banner....

Also, the art all seems a bit off to me? Especially Charlotte's...why is her chest almost the same size as her head??! They also made her look younger which just makes it even weirder.

Edited by zuibangde

I assume Nifl is just a regular Hero and not a Legendary nor Mythic Hero? I do not see any special icons next to her. She looks a bit underwhelming. She is pretty weak as a support unit, and as a combat unit, she looks pretty good but nothing really special.

Charlotte looks pretty good, but nothing really special outside of true damage. She is basically a green sword user. Frenzy sounds interesting and fun. I hope they bundle Null Follow-Up with Desperation next.

Nyx seems okay. She got a player phase version of Ice Mirror, which is interesting, but it does not really seem that good though in player hands and I am not sure if Frenzy will be available for ranged units. I think she will be pretty good on defense though to help her survive more, but that is about it.

Orochi looks underwhelming.

I hope Benny and Arete are good.

8 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Huh, surprised Nifl wasn't a Mythic as it definitely seemed like they were setting up for her. I guess that means Muspel will be a similar situation when he drops with the next TT+. 

Anyway, glad to see Charlotte finally got added into the pool. I won't pull for her, but it was always surprising how long she was stuck with her alt despite being one of the more popular Fates units. 

Thing about Muspell is, next month we're getting CYL, and they can't really bump one of those units to a demote. We know it'll have a seasonal, too. So unless they add a third main banner to August, I feel like Muspell getting this treatment will have to wait until September.

Which... in that case, why have their TTs work this way, where only one hits the month where they're added?

Nifl isn't a Mythic...what the...??? That doesn't sound right to me at all, but here we are, it seems.

Well, now that I know she isn't a defense Mythic the value of this banner has gone down the drain for me. It's still good for those that like any of these characters, though. 

Let's see how these units fare, shall we?

Charlotte is in a very competitive class, and it seems she'll be in direct competition with Ninja Hana and Dieck as a speedy infantry axe. Her kit is focused on one shotting things, and if that fails she'll probably live one hit and start making use of her B skill. That Prf is pretty sweet with the (I assume) true damage, even if it is a little simplistic. 

At first glance Nix seems the fodder 5*, but I think she's the star of the banner (Nifl aside). That Prf is amazing, extra stats for free and a partial Ice Mirror built-in is nothing to scoff at. She'd make for a wonderful tank in AR, as that mode is filled to the brim with mages. Just like in Fates, I expect her to have atrocious Def and above average Spd. She's lucky Skill is not a thing in FEH.

Orochi doesn't seem good. Her Prf is Panic Smoke and Atk/Res+6, her fodder is meh and she's likely to have a mediocre stat spread that leans towards Res. Eh, at least we're getting more green mages and Orochi fans will be happy that she's a demote so they won't have to suffer much to +10 her. 

I wonder if Benny will have lower BST like the old auto-demote units we had, or if he'll be on par with this gen because soon we'll be seeing Gen 6 BST. 

Now Nifl. Personal disappointment aside, she's actually a pretty good unit for AR-D, if a little flawed. Her Prf is very similar to Kempf's as we all know from the TT+ and the in-combat debuffs are going to make her deceptively bulky so that's a plus. Her exclusive C-skill is a double edged sword, it will stop any attempts of pulling off a PvE strat on the defense team she's in, but the Drive Dmg reduction can backfire when facing high Atk Galeforce units, as that skill will let them connect the two hits they need to proc the skill and demolish Nifl's teammates. The tier 4 AR-D skill is just a very minor improvement over the 3 version but it's still a pretty strong skill. 

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Nifl isn't a Mythic...what the...??? That doesn't sound right to me at all, but here we are, it seems.

Well, now that I know she isn't a defense Mythic the value of this banner has gone down the drain for me. It's still good for those that like any of these characters, though. 

Let's see how these units fare, shall we?

Charlotte is in a very competitive class, and it seems she'll be in direct competition with Ninja Hana and Dieck as a speedy infantry axe. Her kit is focused on one shotting things, and if that fails she'll probably live one hit and start making use of her B skill. That Prf is pretty sweet with the (I assume) true damage, even if it is a little simplistic. 

At first glance Nix seems the fodder 5*, but I think she's the star of the banner (Nifl aside). That Prf is amazing, extra stats for free and a partial Ice Mirror built-in is nothing to scoff at. She'd make for a wonderful tank in AR, as that mode is filled to the brim with mages. Just like in Fates, I expect her to have atrocious Def and above average Spd. She's lucky Skill is not a thing in FEH.

Orochi doesn't seem good. Her Prf is Panic Smoke and Atk/Res+6, her fodder is meh and she's likely to have a mediocre stat spread that leans towards Res. Eh, at least we're getting more green mages and Orochi fans will be happy that she's a demote so they won't have to suffer much to +10 her. 

I wonder if Benny will have lower BST like the old auto-demote units we had, or if he'll be on par with this gen because soon we'll be seeing Gen 6 BST. 

Now Nifl. Personal disappointment aside, she's actually a pretty good unit for AR-D, if a little flawed. Her Prf is very similar to Kempf's as we all know from the TT+ and the in-combat debuffs are going to make her deceptively bulky so that's a plus. Her exclusive C-skill is a double edged sword, it will stop any attempts of pulling off a PvE strat on the defense team she's in, but the Drive Dmg reduction can backfire when facing high Atk Galeforce units, as that skill will let them connect the two hits they need to proc the skill and demolish Nifl's teammates. The tier 4 AR-D skill is just a very minor improvement over the 3 version but it's still a pretty strong skill. 

Huh, I hadn't even noticed that the AR skill was Tier 4. Shows how much I pay attention to them.

The AR skill means she won't have a good A skill for offense if I use her there to help my Save tanks, which is annoying.

Edited by Othin

Well, I'm done trying to make sense of IS's decisions with this game. I'll just take my sparkable Charlotte and be happy.

Also, RIP Dwyer. They couldn't even bother to add him as the Forrest of 2021.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I wish they'd picked Hayato as the demote instead of Orochi.

That was never going to happen when Orochi was nearly 200 places ahead of Hayato in CYL5 (143rd to 338th).

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Easy to +10, there's the silver lining.

Tier 4 AR-D skill seems really out of place. It only gives +1 from the tier 3 (thankfully) and you won't be using those in arena. Also can't wait for the toxiciity in AR now that that skill is more accessible, and RIP to the people who used their codes for Ethlyn.

Silvia needs that Frenzy skill and she needs it yesterday, but that color-share is going to fuck me up.

Also, Nifl already? And she's pulling a Surtr???

My Gatekeeper orb stash looks like it's going to take another hit. Seriously, a four girls banner on the New Heroes banner just before CYL5? This is purposeful and you can't convince me otherwise.

5 minutes ago, LoneStar said:

[...]and RIP to the people who used their codes for Ethlyn.

If people weren't using the Ethlyn manual for easy Courtly Fan+ then they have no taste and deserve to get owned like this.

18 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I do not think she will be that great as a tank though without a bunch of Flayns backing her up. Her own Dodge does not work against physical units and dragons, and while magical ranged units are more common, physical ranged nukes are not exactly rare either. Mia: Harmonic Blades helps trigger Duo's Hinderance (D), and her own dodge can help her survive against Nyx's Ice Mirror. There is also a lot of cavalry archers prowling around.

There is also Fatal Smoke, but most tanks have trouble dealing with that too.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, I'm done trying to make sense of IS's decisions with this game. I'll just take my sparkable Charlotte and be happy.

Also, RIP Dwyer. They couldn't even bother to add him as the Forrest of 2021.

That was never going to happen when Orochi was nearly 200 places ahead of Hayato in CYL5 (143rd to 338th).

Which is why they should've saved Orochi for another banner instead of blowing their load with three waifus. Nyx and Charlotte would've carried the banner without her. Or at the very least put Benny on the banner instead.

Arete is finally in the game yay! I’m happy for Nyx and Charlotte too. Sadly we didn’t get any child units, we’ll have to wait, hopefully not that much lol.

Not sure about Nifl though, I thought she was guaranteed as a mythic.

Arete seems to have the underwhelming bunny tome, which means no prf for her. I’ll have to wait for her stats.

Not sure if a Fates banner needed an OC on it, specially one who is not a Mythic, but oh well. I see everyone here as fodder more than actually wanting them as units. Frenzy is a new speed dodging skill but I'm not sure if it will be better than Spurn. It might be good for one turn strategies. Not sure if I will summon on this banner. Contemplating saving orbs for when V!Palla shows up on a banner again. Also there's Pirates 2.0 (or maybe something else in August), Marth and Eirika coming on CYL5 next month and possibly Nyna showing up when Archanea gets a new banner. Maybe I should save orbs after all.

I guess it is safe to say Nott's banner will be the one who will win the revival rerun when it gets around to them. Or at least to me it looks like Nott's banner is better than Nifl's banner.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I do not think she will be that great as a tank though without a bunch of Flayns backing her up. Her own Dodge does not work against physical units and dragons, and while magical ranged units are more common, physical ranged nukes are not exactly rare either. Mia: Harmonic Blades helps trigger Duo's Hinderance (D), and her own dodge can help her survive against Nyx's Ice Mirror. 

There is also Fatal Smoke, but most tanks have trouble dealing with that too.

That's true, but I've also faced quite a few maps where the only physical units are the Mythics while the nukes are all mages. That means Nix is niche, but she'd do ok against those all mage teams. She'll probably want a Near Save armor in case there's some stray melee unit that can ORKO her. Then again, L!Sigurd cav lines are the most popular kind of team nowadays and those can only be dealt with using Galeforce or Saves and Nix has no place in either of those teams.

I don't really count Fatal Smoke as a negative because that skill alone makes 90% of the usual tanks unviable and is better dealt with by going on the offensive.

I'm personally pleased with this banner, esp having coincidentally started my first playthrough of Fates recently (and Conquest at that). I actually didn't, or barely did, use Charlotte, Nyx or Benny so I'm not particularly attached to them. But I'm sorely in need of Fates characters who can stand up to Abyssal content atm, and the skills here are also attractive for foddering potentially. 

I'm glad tbh that Nifl isn't a Mythic hero, since not only does this raise the chances of having a non-OC and therefore actually interesting new Mythic hero, but I also don't have to have any regrets about just foddering Nifl's A skill if I happen to summon her. 

Also need only one more Celestial Stone for a Forma Soul, so figure I'll spark here with CYL5 still being a month away or so (right?).