New Heroes: Dawning Reality & Nifl

Jave

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Which is why they should've saved Orochi for another banner instead of blowing their load with three waifus. Nyx and Charlotte would've carried the banner without her. Or at the very least put Benny on the banner instead.

I just realized Orochi being on this banner is pretty weird since everyone else is related to Nohr. Good art and easy to +10 I guess.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang, I almost predicted this banner entirely correctly. I thought we'd get Charlotte, Benny, Nyx, and Dwyer; we got three of those, and Orochi in place of Dwyer. I absolutely did not expect Nifl to be on the banner, though. That's a shock, and I seriously question it. Like...of all the Heroes OCs to make a standard New Hero, you pick Nifl? Yet characters like Reginn and Fjorm are Mythic and Legendary Heroes? That makes no sense whatsoever.

Anyway, I'm happy to see Benny and Orochi. Those are two Fates characters I actually like quite a bit. Although, I don't think I'll summon for them. Mozu is now the only missing Fates character left that I'd really like to see. I like Dwyer and Shura well enough, but Mozu is way above them.

I don't like the art for Charlotte or Nyx, and Orochi's is only decent. Something looks very off. Then again, in Charlotte's case, I've never liked her art or design to begin with, so, maybe I'm biased.

Edit: Also, screw this continuous Nohr bias IS has.

Edited by Fire Emblem Fan

37 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

Also, the art all seems a bit off to me? Especially Charlotte's...why is her chest almost the same size as her head??! They also made her look younger which just makes it even weirder.

Not sure if you're looking at the same picture as I am, but they're only about the size of her face.

34 minutes ago, XRay said:

Charlotte looks pretty good, but nothing really special outside of true damage. She is basically a green sword user. Frenzy sounds interesting and fun. I hope they bundle Null Follow-Up with Desperation next.

I was beaten to the comment, but Legendary Celica and armors already have access to skills with that effect.

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Or at the very least put Benny on the banner instead.

And share a color with my Nifl? Pass.

Arete has a Red Rabbit Tome. I hope she is fast.

For Benny, he has a inheritable lance with the same effect as Dedue's Axe (Atk/Def+5 and nullifies penalties to Atk/Def if unit is within 2 spaces of an ally). Also, based on the trailer... looks like he has Bracing Stance 2 and Wary Fighter 3.

In the trailer, he is a 4* unit and foe initiates against him. He gets Atk+5, Def+7 and Res+2 during combat and doesnt get doubled. Based on this... He has Wary Fighter 3 as 4* skill, to prevent getting doubled, and Bracing Stance 2 as 5* skill because he has Bracing Stance 1 at 4* which explains the Def/Res+2 he is getting.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

28 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Which is why they should've saved Orochi for another banner instead of blowing their load with three waifus. Nyx and Charlotte would've carried the banner without her. Or at the very least put Benny on the banner instead.

While that does make sense, IS has seem to have gone completely off the rails and thus sense has no meaning to them.

Though, I feel that a lineup like Dwyer, Caeldori, Kiragi and Mitama would be sufficient enough for the next Fates banner. Mitama was already decently high enough in CYL5 (179th) and her placement will only go up in 6 if she's still absent by then.

Edited by Tybrosion

50 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Do you mean Soul of Zofia? Or Daring Fighter?

40 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I was beaten to the comment, but Legendary Celica and armors already have access to skills with that effect.

Yeah. I guess once Soul of Zofia gets an upgrade, they will release an inheritable version of it. Daring Fighter is a good skill stuck on the wrong class of units; it is difficult to do player phase combat if you cannot even get to the front lines on time, let alone getting back out of enemy range afterwards.

I know people are getting a bit tired of oc mythics getting the mythic hero spot, but I really don't care much for Nifl on this banner....or this banner in general to be honest. Charlotte, Nyx, Orochi and Bennett are merely ok to me while the characters I do want or a nowhere to be seen. Nifl even comes with a AR skill which to me is completely without any value.

I might be happier if the fourth spot went to Kiragi/Scarlet/Reina/Shura, but they went with a mythic despite that not being really needed on a fates Banner.

Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for Kiragi to complete the prince theme. If they even get another banner since they are burning through their females real quick with this lineup.

At least my orbs will be safe for a while longer.

Edited by Sasori

• Well shit, Frenzy is just asking to be put on... oh I dunno, EVERY SINGLE UNIT WHO CAN LEARN IT EVER.
    Charlotte looks good otherwise. Basic effects, maybe asking for NFU or Desperation over Frenzy, but hey what works works. Her axe... eh, the colors don't really match herself, but I guess if they did then she'd just have a freaking Nohrian Silver Axe...
  • So Nyx gets 40% damage reduction if she initiates, and also adds the total removed damage to her next attacks power? Ginnungagap kinda looks like a completely upgraded version of Kagero's Dart if you ask me. Kinda eh A passive, but nothing a healthy dose of Skill Inheritance can't fix...
  • Orochi... damnit, you were SUPPOSED to have Snake Spirit! Ugh, you deserve to be the demote if this is how you treat my simplest of expectations...

Ah, and here's the big rainbow karp of the banner: Nifl. Prf skill looks kinda eh for herself, great otherwise (since she's a cav she'll be pretty deep in enemy territory, not likely to be near anyone), kit looks good otherwise... mhm mhm, yep Nifl is definitely a pretty good unit. Yep, definitely not downplaying her by any means, I mean aside from the fact that she is freaking awesome and gorgeous and I must have her and @Ice Dragon I don't think it's bias when you are absolutely correct.

Oh and Benny's here too? Looks like he has the Lance version of the Steadfast Axe. Yeah see, you had me at "Benny's here too" he's one of my more liked characters from Fates.

Welp, this is obviously a trap for me to spend all my orbs again before CYL, and boy am I more than happy to oblige.

Oh would you look at that, IS decided to throw me a bone.  While I'm fond of Nyx, I don't feel the urgent need to get her or Orochi.  Or anyone else, despite the fact that Charlotte's fodder is bonkers.

More thoughts: I already strongly dislike everything about Nifl, so I am very peeved at her inclusion. 

However, Dwyer, Caeldori, Kiragi and Mitama is ideal for the next Fates banner and I would be very happy to wait for that.

Its kinda obvious that this was a banner just to put in any leftover characters that weren't prominent enough to add in the first few years. The end result is a naturally uneventful banner. 

Also the allergy towards male Heroes strikers again. Surely there were some they could have fished up. Unlike the current units Kiragi had a point to get added and Hayato...well if you have a banner specifically for leftovers that wouldn't make it in normally then this is his time to shine. 

2 hours ago, FailWood said:

Fuck the female bias.  Also, are all of Conquest's women in Heroes at this point (not counting neutral characters like Mozu and Sophie)?

Every Conquest-only character, both male and female, are now in.

The only kind-of Nohr ones missing are characters you can get in either route (Dwyer, Sophie)

6 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Nifl isn't a Mythic...what the...??? That doesn't sound right to me at all, but here we are, it seems.

I was curious what Element they'd give her since anything other than Water would feel weird, but they added her to the regular pool instead as if to avoid that issue. Interesting! And this way she can get Blessed herself, so it's better for her overall, right?

I am curious to see how well she does and if it's worth getting her (as well as Frenzy for fodder reasons), but I'll wait a little and see how they stack up in practice. Besides, CYL is next month!

I'm going to take a big leap and say that the pattern will now be to have July/September/February/April's banners feature New Hero OCs, while October/November/January/March are the months that will continue having fully "regular" New Hero banners.

Personally I quite like this banner structure, it means adding an extra sixth unit to the usual five and results in one more demote than usual. Could mean freeing up more space on mythic banners for main series units, too.

Meanwhile, we've already had evasion skills based on Hit and Run, Knock Back, and Wrath, and now Desperation joins that list. Wonder what else we might get. Brash Assault? ...Vantage?

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

Meanwhile, we've already had evasion skills based on Hit and Run, Knock Back, and Wrath, and now Desperation joins that list. Wonder what else we might get. Brash Assault? ...Vantage?

Lunge? 🙃

Looking over missing playable Fates characters:

• Male (11): Shura, Izana, Hayato, Yukimura, Fuga,Dwyer, Kiragi, Asugi, Hisame, Ignatius, Percy 
  • Female (7): Mozu, Reina, Scarlet, Sophie, Caeldori, Mitama, Anna

Presumably we'll get regular Mikoto on a banner eventually, which could help to even out those numbers. Could also add others like Daniela, Candace, and Layla. Although balancing the counts isn't sufficient if they keep adding female characters way faster than male ones.

1 minute ago, Rinco said:

Lunge? 🙃

Seems like they aren't interested in doing Lunge or Drag Back, for whatever reason. Maybe it'll happen eventually, but it could seem a bit odd now that they've been moving on to effects that apply in-battle.

The good news - Charlotte, Nyx, and Orochi are in the game! And go Benny! And Nifl?! So soon! 

The bad news - I'm still in the Red on my orbs after trying to get Summer Freyja (and eventually succeeding). I may be able to get up to my goal for CYL 5, but that would require sacrificing this banner. 

The slightly better news - If this banner is over by the time CYL 5 hits (which I think it should be), then there's a chance I could gain these units then. Not a high one, but one all the same. (Not to mention that Orochi is a 4* demote 5* project in the making, so I'll see her around.) Nifl is the only one I'd really want ASAP, and I can wait. 

Do we have an orb schedule for the rest of this banner's timeframe? I'm running a bit low and still don't have Ogma yet, so I'm trying to figure out how much leeway I have.

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Could also add others like Daniela, Candace, and Layla.

Add Candace, one of the two playable plus size women in the entire franchise?  They'd never do that.  They wouldn't throw a bone to those who like larger women, even if the diversity would be appreciated.