New Heroes: Dawning Reality & Nifl

Jave

15 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I assume Fates and Heroes uses different currencies.

Every Fire Emblem uses Gold as their currency, and even if there is a mismatch, that's nothing Anna can't fix.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Should we talk how Charlotte is a 175 BST unit? That cant reach 180 BST even with a super boon? That's sad and very weird.

Yeah, that's kind of what happens when you have 3 superboons and no superbanes. Nott and Dagr are the only infantry with 176 total base stats and 3 superboons, but they both also have a superbane, which is where they're getting that extra point from to not end up at only 175.

So my plan for this banner was to spark Charlotte so I wouldn't feel bad about foddering a unit with a potentially good boon/bane, trying to grab Nifl along the way.

No Nifl in 40 pulls, and I accidentally grabbed a Green orb right at the end -- and it was Charlotte with +Spd/-Res.

Let it be known that this gacha wishes for my suffering.

(I still stuck with the plan and sparked Nifl instead of an extra Charlotte, but this still hurts. Only knowing I'm going to +10 Ninja Hana in the future dulls the pain.)

4 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Let it be known that this gacha wishes for my suffering.

Welcome to the this-game-hates-me gang.

And I'm literally sitting in the exact same boat. The only focus unit I pulled in my first 40 pulls was Charlotte, though mine was my usual shit luck +HP instead of something actually good.

And it wasn't until my 70th pull that I finally got my first (non-spark) copy of Nifl. +Atk, so not awful, but I'm already sensing a repeat of Freyja.

I actually got pretty lucky. Doing full pulls I managed to snag 5* star Orochi, Nyx, a random F!Lyon that I didn't have and also a *4 Benny. Then I sparked for Charlotte and after that I got Nifl in a few tries. I basycally got the entirety of the update + a cool Lyon in about 200 orbs. 

Though this did leave me with few orbs for the Mythic banner. Let's hope it's nobody I want.

Edited by GrandeRampel

Final tally for today:

86 total pulls, sniping blue:

• 1 Nifl [+Atk, -Res]
  • 1 Charlotte [+HP, -Res]
  • 1 male Fallen Corrin, +Spd, which will be my new merge base at +1
  • 1 Forsyth, which was merged for +2
  • 1 Sirius, +Spd, which will be my new merge base at +3

Overall 5.8% 5-star rate, which is slightly below average, and 2.3% 5-star focus rate, which is a bit more below average, though both are within normal statistical variation (i.e. a single focus pull immediately would put the number above average).

A second Nifl (technically the first Nifl) from the spark.

Female Kana, female Morgan, Delthea, and Hardin as special 4-stars. Kana is now +7, and the others are manuals.

I'm going to set up a ritual summoning circle before I continue. I still have the parts from my Fjorm summoning circle on my other desk.

And maybe actually get my phone exorcised this time.

Edited by Ice Dragon

They justify Nifl not being a Mythic because "I gave up half of my divine power to walk this world. Don't call me a god."

It does beg a question, is Fjorm a Legendary because she carries Nifl's power and we'll another Nifl down the line that IS a Mythic?

I am gladly skipping this banner. Anything here is that interesting or a must have right now. Nifl would be nice for AA and PoL, but she can pity break me at any time. About the others... Meh. They are not bad, but not needed as well. Not to mention that I have no connection to these characters. Never cared for any of them.

It's nice to have a break from summoning after the past banners. I hope next Special Heroes banner is also a skip, so I can focus on CYL.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

So Arete's art, huh.

Was it that bad in Fates too?

I think it's explicitly worse here because the proportions seem off.

30 minutes ago, Othin said:

So Arete's art, huh.

Was it that bad in Fates too?

No, but on the basis that she had no official art from Fates. The most she had prior to this was two Cipher cards (one of which was used as the basis for Legendary Azura's outfit).

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I think it's explicitly worse here because the proportions seem off.

Care to elaborate?

Her face looks off to me in all except her damaged art, but that's really it.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

Care to elaborate?

Her face looks off to me in all except her damaged art, but that's really it.

Her waist looks too high, especially in the neutral art. So she looks like her upper torso is almost entirely boob and more than half her body is leg.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Her waist looks too high, especially in the neutral art. So she looks like her upper torso is almost entirely boob and more than half her body is leg.

Her navel is located behind the point where the two blue panels meet. Her legs start at the bottom of the purple tassels in her attacking art and a little less than halfway from the bottom of the tassels to the bottom of the front hip panel in her idle art.

Seems pretty normal to me.

Well, I'm pretty bad at anatomy of any kind so I'll take your word for it.

But it still bothers me, and I can't explain why.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, I'm pretty bad at anatomy of any kind so I'll take your word for it.

But it still bothers me, and I can't explain why.

I think part of it is how tight her clothes are. Seems... less than practical, all things considered.

4 minutes ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Different from Ice Dragon's opinion, her neutral art's face looks normal to me.

My gripe with her face in her idle art is that the smirk and heavy eyeliner (enough to glob up her eyelashes in her attacking art) just makes her look like some generic bitch lady, which, as far as I'm aware from her voice lines and skimming of her Fandom page, is not the case.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think part of it is how tight her clothes are. Seems... less than practical, all things considered.

That ... could be it, honestly. It could be just that I have absolutely no understanding of how her clothes work and it's making me ;/ on her artwork as a whole.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My gripe with her face in her idle art is that the smirk and heavy eyeliner (enough to glob up her eyelashes in her attacking art) just makes her look like some generic bitch lady, which, as far as I'm aware from her voice lines and skimming of her Fandom page, is not the case.

Well, the only time you see (and fight) Arete in canon is when she's a brainwashed enemy who doesn't remember that Azura is her daughter and whose sole purpose is to kill you. It  feels like Heroes decided that instead of picking a lane it was going to just make Arete sometimes amnesiac who doesn't quite remember she has a daughter but asks for Azura's protection when she's first summoned and speaks like an overall pleasant person in tap quotes but sounds like the possessed version trying to kill you in some battle quotes ...

Yeah. It's messy. They could've still kept her general appearance without making her look so "evil".

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That ... could be it, honestly. It could be just that I have absolutely no understanding of how her clothes work and it's making me ;/ on her artwork as a whole.

The blue "V" over her chest is really disorienting. Like, it's following her skin, but then sort of jumps from her boobs to her abs while looking like it's lying flat. Feels like there's gotta be some sort of fold or shading that's missing.

I'm also not sure it makes sense for her chest to be staying in that shape without more support.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm also not sure it makes sense for her chest to be staying in that shape without more support.

In all fairness to Arete, she's definitely not the only character with this issue in Heroes.

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

In all fairness to Arete, she's definitely not the only character with this issue in Heroes.

Can't argue with that.

56 minutes ago, Othin said:

The blue "V" over her chest is really disorienting. Like, it's following her skin, but then sort of jumps from her boobs to her abs while looking like it's lying flat. Feels like there's gotta be some sort of fold or shading that's missing.

It's pulled somewhat taut between the crest of her boobs and where it meets her stomach at her navel by the fact that her top is tight around her waist. So no fold or shading needed.

56 minutes ago, Othin said:

Given that her body-sock is form-fitting and therefore necessarily has separate boob-socks, it could be made stiff enough in the right places to allow it to hold its shape.

Or a staffie can just cast Gravity+ on her from Australia.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Am I the only one that actually likes Arete's face? It's very unique looking, especially the pronounced lips.

And her bad bitch energy makes her perfect for a team with Kronya, Sonia and Aversa, so I'll allow it.