so I like how Fjorm x Summoner is a thing

♠Soul♠

It's weird they're bringing up Book 2 again, and I didn't expect it (then again, who did?). But after the adorable thing that was Chibi Playhouse and Fjorm pulling a character musical, how can you not:

unknown.png?width=741&height=418

Fjorm was always a likeable Heroes character, but I like how relevant they made her again.

Edited by ♠Soul♠

jajjajaja what

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

I liked the chibi videos. They were adorable. 

Fjorm's crush on the summoner itself however always struck me as desperate. Really, really desperate. Oh player sempai! Please poke my portrait and spend money on our gacha orbs. 

naw seemed cute and well played to me. If you want "desperate", there's many other characters, like the Loki & Aversa thing, as well as Nótt.

Edited by ♠Soul♠

I don't have much to say about Fjorm x Summoner, but I do like how Fjorm in general is still a thing and that they're actually followed up on the hanging plot thread they gave her.

Fjorm/Summoner is always going to seem weird, until they do more to make The Summoner distinct from The Player. Always did want Fjorm and Laegjarn to get together, but honestly, it's been years and I don't honestly remember how much subtext there really was between them. But hey, the LP alt's about to get there, so we'll see.

I like Fjorm, though it's taken until more recent FBs for her to really start to have a personality. I guess this also makes her canon bi. And yeah, I'm more or less happy she's relevant again. The ship itself is just... weird, to me.

I think this ship has existed ever since "you" rescue Fjorm.

They only explored this ship further with some FB conversations involving her, Bridal Fjorm and most recently, the chibi video and her conversation with Nifl.

I don't particularly dislike this ship, but I can see why it would bother others. 

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

I don't have much to say about Fjorm x Summoner, but I do like how Fjorm in general is still a thing and that they're actually followed up on the hanging plot thread they gave her.

I definitely think it's was suppose to be more related for the Ice and Flames Tempest Trials and Nifil being an actual God that shows up late why she didn't Book 2 at all. I definitely think that might explains why Fjorm was in the Bridal Outfit and her possible marriage that we don't know who was she marring to could have been Kiran all along. I was going for the theory of my own that could have been Alfonse as the possible husband of Fjmor before the Chibi Book II video was uploaded.

Edited by King Marth 64

I think her crush has always been cute, because it was just a small part of her personality, compared to the blatant pandering from others, such as the utter nonsense that was the Loki/ Aversa FB we got as ♠Soul♠ rightly brought up. Though I suppose it helps that I've never seen Avatars as "myself", so I have no qualms about shippinig her with Kiran where others might get offended.

And of course it also helps that Fjorm's been fleshed out a little more in her various Forging Bonds, as much as people like to meme about her role in them.

I can only not feel awkward about Fjorm x Summoner by thinking of the summoner as some Kiran person who isn't me.

Also, I didn't really like the chibi summary thing. Personally, it felt like it took something serious and tried to make it lighthearted, and that made me feel awkward about it. Plus, it wasn't a very accurate summary, imo.

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I think her crush has always been cute, because it was just a small part of her personality, compared to the blatant pandering from others, such as the utter nonsense that was the Loki/ Aversa FB we got as ♠Soul♠ rightly brought up. Though I suppose it helps that I've never seen Avatars as "myself", so I have no qualms about shippinig her with Kiran where others might get offended.

And of course it also helps that Fjorm's been fleshed out a little more in her various Forging Bonds, as much as people like to meme about her role in them.

Yeah, I agree with you. I also never saw myself as the Avatar, so it's not weird to me Fjorm having feelings for the Summoner.

I didn't think much of Fjorm during Book 2, but as soon she started to appear in Forging Bonds I started to like her. And I totally ship her with the Summoner. Her voice clips as Bride Fjorm as adorable as well.

Personally I'm sick in general of all the exaggerated flattery towards the player from the characters, and in particular the amount of flirting from the female characters, so I'm not a fan of Fjorm adding to that.

I did think the chibi video was cute though. This type of game is better suited to goofy/fun stuff rather than taking itself too seriously.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Personally I'm sick in general of all the exaggerated flattery towards the player from the characters, and in particular the amount of flirting from the female characters, so I'm not a fan of Fjorm adding to that.

The amount that comes from the female characters is too much.  It's disrespectful to women for how blatant it gets, and as a straight man, I find it insulting how IS tries so hard to exploit a common male desire.  Makes us look like we're all thirsty bastards despite how there's still respectful types among us.

13 hours ago, FailWood said:

The amount that comes from the female characters is too much.  It's disrespectful to women for how blatant it gets, and as a straight man, I find it insulting how IS tries so hard to exploit a common male desire.  Makes us look like we're all thirsty bastards despite how there's still respectful types among us.

I appreciate this perspective. It's not good to overgeneralize a demographic like this.

13 hours ago, FailWood said:

Hardly surprising they think that way when it's obviously generating them the most revenue.

Initially I was a bit annoyed with the ship. Not because I had anything against avatarXsummoner, but because it felt like it was the only trait of Fjorm that they felt like expending on for a good long while. I thought Fjorm made a really good first impression, but no one was very interesting in book 2 and a bride alt with dedicated to her avatar crush did nothing to make her more interesting.

But since she started appearing in Forging bonds i'm fine with the ship. Fjorm gets her chances to interact with other people and while the ship itself is boring, its also easily ignore-able.