Best/most interesting pairings?

Boji

Hi! So I'm just starting a new awakening playtrough and I wanted to max out all of the conversations and get the most canon pairings.

Now, I've heard the argument saying that there are no canon ships except Chrom X Sumia, so in light of that I ask you all on what do you think are the best pairings for all of the characters? 

Here are some of my favourites:

Male Robin x Cordelia: this one explores an aspect of Cordelia that was otherwise mentioned once when her character was introduced and then never brought up again: her being the last of the Ylisse Pegasus Knights, it's one of the times where Robin comes the closest to having a personality due to him and Cordelia actually complementing each other well personality-wise, and it's very sweet overall. It also never even mentions Cordelia's unrequited crush on Chrom.

Stahl x Panne: This one won't get too many points for the characters having great chemistry or anything like that, but it is very hilarious.

…That's about it, really. Those are the only ones I remember enjoying.

54 minutes ago, Boji said:

Hi! So I'm just starting a new awakening playtrough and I wanted to max out all of the conversations and get the most canon pairings.

Now, I've heard the argument saying that there are no canon ships except Chrom X Sumia, so in light of that I ask you all on what do you think are the best pairings for all of the characters? 

There is a list of most 'Cannon' and it goes as follows due to the pairs gaining support points faster according to the in game data:

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Vaike

Maribelle x Frederick 

Cordelia x Libra

Olivia x Henry

Cherche x Virion

Panne x Ricken

Miriel x Stahl

Nowi x Gregor

Sully x Kellam

Gaius x Tharja

Lucina x Laurent

Cynthia x Inigo

Noire x Yarne

Severa x Brady

Nah x Brady

Kjelle x Owain

Otherwise make up your own canon pairings and have fun.

22 minutes ago, TheSilentChloey said:

There is a list of most 'Cannon' and it goes as follows due to the pairs gaining support points faster according to the in game data:

Chrom x Sumia

Lissa x Vaike

Maribelle x Frederick 

Cordelia x Libra

Olivia x Henry

Cherche x Virion

Panne x Ricken

Miriel x Stahl

Nowi x Gregor

Sully x Kellam

Gaius x Tharja

Lucina x Laurent

Cynthia x Inigo

Noire x Yarne

Severa x Brady

Nah x Brady

Kjelle x Owain

Otherwise make up your own canon pairings and have fun.

Thanks for the list, just wondering tho since I haven't played In a while. Is this the whole cast? Or are there characters who haven't got any cannon pairings?

3 hours ago, Boji said:

Thanks for the list, just wondering tho since I haven't played In a while. Is this the whole cast? Or are there characters who haven't got any cannon pairings?

Well Robin and all the Robin sexuals aren't on that list for one. Personally I find Tiki the most poetic pairing for Robin, as in marrying the two of them you bring the bloodlines of Naga and Grima together (plus, Manakete Morgan is fun).

Edited by Jotari

Oh boy, pairings! I actually really like figuring out pairings for characters, it's a really fun aspect of Fire Emblem games. I haven't played Awakening, so I'm one of those sideline shippers, and most ships I do are for the hair, but anyway, the one ship I really like is between:

• Chrom and Olivia - I really like this one since it's a bit of an unorthodox pairing in the way it's obtained, as well as there being quite a few parallels between Chrom and Inigo (Inigo looks a lot like Chrom, and he also bears the Mark of the Exalt in the eye opposite of Lucina [the Mark of the Exalt isn't mentioned with any other child, as far as I'm aware]). Inigo's supports with his father also make the most sense with Chrom as his dad. I also like the notion that when Inigo is Laslow in Fates, and he returns home to Ylisse with his wife, it's like "Surprise! I'm a prince!"
    • For those who've seen The Princess Bride, Inigo Montoya's iconic line, "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father... prepare to die!" also makes quite a bit of sense with Chrom as Inigo's dad since Grima kills Chrom. Just something kinda neat to give Inigo some personal motivations outside of chasing women.

Honestly, that's the one pairing I'm the most interested in with this game. Other people can give way better opinions than I can with pairings, so I'll leave it at that.

- Robin x Tiki

- Chrom x Sumia

- Virion x Cherche

- Frederick x Cordelia

- Stahl x Miriel

- Vaike x Panne

- Kellam x Sully

- Ricken x Lissa

- Gaius x Olivia

- Gregor x Nowi

- Libra x Maribelle

- Henry x Tharja

• 5 months later...
On 7/23/2021 at 2:40 AM, Boji said:

Chrom x Sumia is also not canon. As for the most interesting pairings its a matter of opinion and taste. I will try to answer: 

Chrom x Olivia 

Robin x Sumia 

Vaike x Miriel 

Maribelle x Donnel

Lissa X Virion 

Ricken X Nowi 

Panne X Henry 

Frederick x Tharja 

Stahl X Sully 

Cordelia X Gregor 

• 5 weeks later...
Spoiler

You know how you walk into an expensive restaurant and the waiter comes up to you? And then you ask him for a bottle of the house's finest white, and he bows and returns with some rather nice wine of an excellent vintage? That's Lon'qu's sperm

Now, imagine walking into the same restaurant, except you've booked the entire place for the night and showed up in a private hoverjet. you ask for their finest wine and the butler bows and makes a phonecall.

Ten thousand miles away, and old man performs a human sacrifice to open a sealed cave, in whcih a chest that can only be opened through pressing his own beating heart against it. He does so, and takes out a bottle. Sustained only by his willpower, to see his purpose fulfilled, he takes the bottle outside, where a jet takes it from him, causing him to finally expire. Said jet flies to the vatican where the Pope anoints it as the literal blood of Christ. They then hire ten beautiful women to warm it between their breasts and thighs to the perfect temperature, while the finest minds in the world develop time travel, so that it can be sent back to before your meal even began.

They do so, and the butler picks it up from the private army of mercenaries that transported it from the street to the kitchen. He then brings it to you.

That's Robin's sperm.