I got a question on what recommended 8-Bit and 16-Bit Pixel Art Programs should I use for Windows Computer?

King Marth 64

I don't know if this topic is kinda relevant to the Sprites Thread since I wanted to ask about something related towards 8-Bit and 16-Bit Pixel Art. I am about to get into Project 202 in DigiPen Institute of Technology forΒ Game Arts along with taking Computer Graphics 201 and 225 which are 2D Computer Design and 3D Computer Design. I did used a Pixel Art Program on my Android Phone was 8bit Painter from Google Play Store. I was wondering what recommended Art Program (or a Pixel Art Program) for Windows Computers do I use to make good Pixel Art program to make it some Pixel Arts feel like NES, TurboGrafx-16, Sega Master System, SNES, and Sega Genesis consoles used? I do have Paint.NET and did tested it out on two Treasure Chests in 8-Bit and 16-Bit that feels too small to see and I wanted to make some like retro styled video games for the final project for a team based game like the Indie Video Games like Shovel Knight as an example.

Treasure Box Practice (16-Bit).png

Treasure Box Practice (8-Bit).png

Edited by King Marth 64

regardless of what you're aiming for( either an amateur or professional project ), you should consider going for Adobe Photoshop.

it doesn't have to be the latest version available, as long as it's past the CS one.

with that you can make pretty much anything you want in terms of pixel art, although learning how to use it properly might take some time( as most softwares do anyway ).

• 1 year later...